Post E3: Inside Line Talks to Kazunori Yamauchi, Father of Gran Turismo

• Thread starter scandisk
  • 34 comments
He obviously doesn't need to check other games out, since it's Turn 10 who is trying to copy Polyphony Digital's ideas, not the other way around. ;)

No need to check the rear view mirror, we're too far ahead!

I'm such a fanboy...Forza 3 has their own game, GT has their own as well. Totally different games, same concept

The PSP game looks great.

What a stupid interviewer. Im sure EVERY person on "the planet" would ask better questions than that guy. He never asked for anything specific, didnt ask about different versions of GT5, about dynamic weather, KY kept talking about priorities... he didnt ask what his priorities were! What an idiot.

Any news is good news, but this couldve been alot better.

He asked questions that other interviewers never would, like transmissions types modelled and tyres. He is a car guy, not a gamer. Much better than the Prologue interviews that were full of questions about trophies and credit transfer to GT5....

Agreed^

As I said last page, its not exactly super fla's interview, but it was better than most.

Im sure they have spent many hours analyzing what forza 3 are doing.
Kazunori Yamauchi is only one person. ;)

I mean, come on! One of the jobs you have as a game developer is checking what the other companies are doing and try to stay ahead of them!
And this is exactly the problem with GT if you ask me. They are doing good if there wasn't any other game to worry about. But Forza is getting very close to GT5 as it seems in just a small matter of the time that it took to get from GT1 to GT5.
I think it's very likely that some employees of Polyphony Digital have checked out the competition and they've probably put forward ideas from other games to Kazunori.

I mean, come on! One of the jobs you have as a game developer is checking what the other companies are doing and try to stay ahead of them!
And this is exactly the problem with GT if you ask me. They are doing good if there wasn't any other game to worry about. But Forza is getting very close to GT5 as it seems in just a small matter of the time that it took to get from GT1 to GT5.

for me PD is in another world...
the sense of my sentence is that PD will damage every game in history...
another kind of game gt are beginning to be... the game...
fm3 remains arcade, gt remains the best...

Back