Post Your Best Time Trial Times/Videos

• Thread starter backpian1
  • 213 comments
After spending few months getting familiar with the game doing career mode it's starting to feel I have some sort of idea how to drive in this game and even have managed to get some idea of how to tune these cars so I thought I'd try doing some TT's... So far I've only done TT's in Gumpert at nurburgring and bathurst and pretty pleased realizing I can get quite high on the rankings.. Maybe the level of competition is quite far from GT but I guess it's just more fun seeing myself so high in the rankings :D 2nd place at bathurst and IIRC I was 4th at nurburgring... Video quality is quite poor for some reason and I think I try to upload them again at some point...

Coming down the esses looks quite fun from replay view :D

Not really liking how the car drives at nurb but I just tried to make it easy to handle and perhaps I could shave off one more second with better driving but getting a lap in at full speed is not so easy... Probably only 4 or 5 laps in so far...

And yeah sorry for the quality and unedited videos but I'm still currently spending most of my spare time driving so perhaps sometime in the future bit more nice looking videos... Probably gonna post some tunes too at some point but it's gonna be when I have more time to spend fiddling with videos and youtube channel lol...

EDIT: platform PS4 no driving aids..

Last edited:
After spending few evenings trying out stuff I realized I don't need half of the downforce I was using before, already got to 2nd place yesterday but today with lower DF I managed to shave off couple of more seconds :dopey:

When I have the time I'm going to include setup to the video and post it to the setup forum so people can find it more easily, but for now here's the replay... Uploaded it via USB so I guess the quality is not going to get much better no matter what I'll do.. Any suggestions??

Last edited:
Ok heh apparently youtube is not going to upload my videos on proper quality so I moved my "business" to dailymotion :D just to test how dailymotion does the job I drove few laps in Gr.5 BMW and even remembered to include the tune in the end of the video...

On my channel there's better quality video of that Gumpert lap too, quite much nicer to watch, youtube videos were quite painful lol...

I have to sent my T300 back to get it replaced and I can't play for few days so I thought I'll throw in few laps in my favorite car :dopey:

Last edited:
Improved my time at Zolder, could not find any faster times from PS4 or PC leaderboards for 98T :dopey: 👍 tune is a bit awkward in places I have to admit but maybe with little refining it could work quite nicely...

Looked trough my setup and noticed I had different caster angles for each side so no wonder tune felt bit awkward :D did some other changes too and car definitely feels better now... I could still take some time from last sector with this tune but it's not easy..

Zolder Lotus 98t 1:15:762 no assists

EDIT:

Oschersleben GP Lotus 98T 1:13:972

Last edited:

EDIT:

EDIT2:

Had some time (at work lol :D) to watch my replay few times and I realized I was loosing too much time changing gears so I tried to make some sense in to them... Also the front is a bit lower..

EDIT3:

more fiddling with the gears and some other minor changes in the tune... I think I should start my own thread for these :lol: :lol: (don't know if anyone has even noticed these videos or if anyone is interested, but here's one more lap from nurb :D

Lotus 98T Nurburgring Nordschleife lap + setup

Last edited:
Ok doing things bit differently in the damper section helped a lot and as @Zakspeed_TV tipped me that I should try lower camber I went for it and perhaps it was the combination of better dampers and lower camber but I managed to improve well over a second and even took one place at the PS4 LB taking me in to the top 5 (5th place :D ) so thanks for the tip man I'm sure it helped a lot :bowdown: going to go even lower next to see what happens :dopey:

Here's the new lap with bit more sensible damper settings :D and lower camber :) (few other changes too, weight bias for example)

Nordschleife TT RWD P30 LMP1 5:41:372 :)👍

Here's the tune at Pcars setup database http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/388613109

Trying to practise for the next Nvidia challenge but got bored hot lapping the GT circuit so I though I'd but the DLC in to best use I know (hot lapping :D ) getting familiar with the tarmac at Ruapuna park at the same time :dopey: A circuit and club were really fun tracks TBH, probably spend more than hour on both :D

Enjoy :cheers:

A-cicuit

B-circuit

Club

Outer Loop

And the main course of course :D

GT

Sat behind the wheel for over 4 hours yesterday, damn my hands actually hurt a bit :lol:

:cheers:

Sorry, but that abuse of the downshifting is just nuts. Nobody would drive a V8 Supercar like that.
I wish they'd make the setups default and turn on full mechanical damage in the Nvidia Challenge.

Sorry, but that abuse of the downshifting is just nuts. Nobody would drive a V8 Supercar like that.
I wish they'd make the setups default and turn on full mechanical damage in the Nvidia Challenge.

Yeah it is and really sounds like something should go bust when doing it, BUT at least to me it just is the way to drive if I want to be fast... But yeah, bring on the full damage or what ever, just would have to shift down bit slower, really not that hard...

Bit odd but IIRC you didn't get as much advantage from fast down shift in GT, it helped yes, but in some cars it felt like having a good phase when shifting down helped much more than just jamming the gears down...

But yeah, have to remind this is a video game in the end of the day so...

:)👍

It is the fastest way to get around the circuit and no doubt all the people at the top of the leaderboard will be doing it, same as in GT, but it still makes me cringe.

It is the fastest way to get around the circuit and no doubt all the people at the top of the leaderboard will be doing it, same as in GT, but it still makes me cringe.

Yeah it is ugly I have to agree, and when looking at the replay from the cockpit it is just a total mess and there's no way in hell someone could shift down like that using stick and clutch...

Actually they should force people to use H-shifter when driving a car that doesn't have paddle shifters... Not owning a stick for my gears I'm happy it's not forced, but forcing people to use clutch shifter would prevent such insane down shift for it would be impossible...

I mean coming to firsr turn I should just shift down to 2nd gear straight up and that would result in total lock up at the rear spinning the car...

But yeah, I'm here to set up lap times and chew bubblegum and I'm all out of bubblegum so I must take advantage out if everything I can for that's what the other guys do as well...

Naah, things are going to get more and more realistic as these games evolve so nothing to worry in that sense...

Wow this track looks pretty damn nice :dopey: had no idea such even exist but now I think I really need to look if I get the Lotus DLC at some point, costs quite a lot but those other two tracks must be quite epic too I imagine...

Thanks for posting and if you do some hotlapping on those other two tracks I would love to see what they look like :dopey:

After watching the shootout at FoS yesterday (stream lol) I got quite inspired and thought I should also do some hill climbing in over powered car without any grip :D

I think this lap is pretty fast even though it's quite twitchy driving at places and I don't think I've drifted this much in a while as I did today :dopey:

1st place on PS roadar LB and by 1.2 seconds :cheers: still leaving time no doubt but this was pretty good still... Damn awesome track in any car but Gumpert really is a ton of fun on such a wide track :drool: :drool: :drool:

Here's the setup at setup database http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/95511638

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back