Post your FFB settings here

• Thread starter Timppaq
  • 62 comments
After the 1.4 patch the FFB on my G27 felt weird so I removed the Jack Spade FFB folder and restarted the game.
I then did the wheel setup instructions on the PCars forum and my FFB has never felt better!
No more Jack Spade for me.
Are the default Fxyz sliders still at 100%? I'm running Jacks classic settings but with some of the SoP sliders increased a fair amount. It does feel a bit different after 1.4. Taken the master scale down a bit in some cars. Might reset a car later to test myself.

After the 1.04 update I went into the wheel settings just to look at the FFB settings and must have changed something in there without realizing it. It asked me if I wanted to overwrite my settings but if I said no it did not exit the screen. Not knowing what if anything was changed I accepted it after trying to abort 4 or 5 times. So then I go out on the track in a time trial and when I get control the wheel is super heavy and the pedals do nothing at all.

I exit the race and go back to wheel settings and I see it has switched to CSR Elite/Combined Pedals. I change this back to CSR Elite Separate Pedals calibrated the wheel and pedals and have another go at it. Again wheel is super heavy but pedals work fine. I went in an reduced the tire force to 75 and tried again, wheel still to heavy to drive a lap.

For those that are not aware the CSR Elite has a very very strong FFB it can be so strong as to cause injury to the arms and almost impossible to drive at high speed through corners. Imagine a real car with power steering that is not working and that is about how heavy the Elite wheel can be.

Anyway I had wisely made a copy of the default.sav file before I started playing under 1.04 so I just exited the game and restored that copy then all was right with the world once again.

I still need to do some tweaking on the FFB as I would like to get a little more feel from the rear of the car and rumble strips without making the wheel any heavier than it is now which is just a bit heavier than in my real car.

Back