Post your Steering Settings

  • Thread starter Thread starter TimberW
  • 32 comments
  • 7,604 views
Messages
1,702
Australia
Perth, Australi
Messages
GTP_TimberW
Share your Wheel and settings!

Wheel: G25 / G27 / etc

From the Options Menu:
Steering Type: Amateur / Professional / Simulation
Power-Assisted Steering: on / off
Feedback Strength: 1-10
 
Wheel: Fanatec 911 Turbo S
Pedals: Fanatec Clubsport Pedals

Steering Type: Simulation
Power-Assisted Steering: On
Feedback Strength: 5
 
Last edited:
Driving Force GT

Simulation Steering
PAS Off
FF 10
 
Wheel: Fanatec GT3 RS V2
Pedals: Standard Porsche pedals

Steering - Sim
Power steering - off
FFB - 5
ABS - 1
Other assists - all off

On the wheel

FFB - 100
SENS - off
DRI - 2
SHO - 30
the rest default (firmware 681)
 
DFGT default setting, never looked in options xD
 
DFGT
Professional
Power steering off
Force feedback 7

Having played around with settings a bit this seems to give me a nice balance.
 
DFPro
Simulation
Power Steering: On
Force Feedback: 5
 
Logitech g25
Professional
Powersteering off
FF 10
Traction control off
abs1
 
Driving force GT
Simulation
Power assist off
FF 10

Depends on the car otherwise for in game options. Most of the time.
TCS off
ASM off
ABS 1

Do not fret from turning on TC or ASW for the truly untamable beasts, but always make a go with them off in any car until I decide that a car is really uncontrollable.
 
Driving force GT
Simulation
Power assist off
FF 6

+ Buttkicker Gamer 2 :) I like a little less feedback in the wheel since I'm getting it in the chair.

TCS 3
ASM off
ABS 1
 
G25

Steering Type: Simulation
Power-Assisted Steering: off
Feedback Strength: 10
 
lots of people using heavy feedback here, wow.

I have a G25
Simulation
PAS off
FFB 1-2
 
Wheel: G25

Steering Type: Simulation
Power-Assisted Steering: off
Feedback Strength: 7
 
Fanatec PWTS standard pedals 900 degree, no dead zone, ABS 35, FF 30,shock 90.
In game setting :
steering type simulation
power assisted steering yes
force feedback 2

All aids off
abs off on NASCAR,old cars,race cars
abs 1 on the cars that have it
 
G27

Simulation (though I don't think there any difference set to professional)
Power steering off (on for rallying)
Force feedback 2 (1 for rallying)
 
DFGT

Simulation (not sure it matters whats its on with this wheel??)

Power Assist Off (is on cheating?)

Force Feedback 10 (need to experiment with lower though)

All Aids Off (will use atleast 1 on abs with the higher power cars)

AA
 
Driving Force GT
Simulation
Power steering: off
FFB: 7
ABS: 1
All other assists off
 
If you look at the settings, it seems like the "Amateur / Professional / Simulation" setting only applies to specific wheels that do not include the DFP or DFGT.
 
If you look at the settings, it seems like the "Amateur / Professional / Simulation" setting only applies to specific wheels that do not include the DFP or DFGT.

exactly - I even tryed (with the DFGT) the 3 diferent settings and they all felt the same. so basicly you have two settings for that wheel

power steering and FFB
 
G25
Simulation
PS Off
FF10

Aids depend on car and challenge. Usually off but turned some on for Lotus on TGTT. LOL
 
If you look at the settings, it seems like the "Amateur / Professional / Simulation" setting only applies to specific wheels that do not include the DFP or DFGT.

I was going to mention that as well. That option is only for the older blue wheels (can't remember the name though...).

But in GT4 there was an option like that and it did afect handling on the newer wheels, if I remember well.
 
I'm using G27

Steering Type :Simulation
Power Assist : on
Feedback Strength: 7


Question : what is the differences between Simulation and Professional ?
 
Anyone knows what does the power assisted steering do?
 
DFGT
Simulation
PS Off
FF 10

Red Momo
Simulation
PS Off
FF 10
 
Feedback 10? Wow, are your guys' arms okay? And is 10 really more realistic?
 
Feedback 10? Wow, are your guys' arms okay? And is 10 really more realistic?

Dunno i seriously think there was a secret meeting between logitech and PD that only the g25 and etc get full FF, everyone else gets the shaft so to speak.

I mean the DFP in gt4 with FF maxed on the ring would destroy your arms over the course of a weekend the FF was so strong i had to dial it back just so i could steer the car for the amount of laps i put in. Now i really do no sense that much of a difference between the default setting and 10. Certainly my arms are not sore at all.
 
G25
Simulation:on
FF:max
Assists:OFF

Reason I keep FF so high is ever since GT4 FF has been notoriously weaker. I played GT4 with the G25 and at 5 FF was strong as hell, but when I used Prologue it was meager in comparison even at max settings.

GT5 though it's much easier to tell the difference between cars when the FF is set high, '10 SLS AMG feels wholly different from a '67 2000 Skyline GT-B. I love the difference in feel especially when you lose grip, phenomenal. This is the way this game is meant to be played, sorry for those who have DS3 only they are missing the genuine part of driving in GT5.
 
Back