Potato...

• Thread starter VBR
  • 1,339 comments
Cool i watch hoonigan all the time .must have missed that one .can you post a link to that video ? Thanks
it's a recent post on the Daily Transmissions channel of Bill shredding dodges in the Burnyard. Can't recall the exact title but it'll have Bill in the title and thumbnail.

I wonder just how good this game will be on ps5.
With more enhancements and updates, this game is goin places.
Best graphics, and with continued enhancement it could combine that with best physics.
Good time to be gaming imo.

I saw the one with the hellcat . You do know his ac cobra is a replica with a full blown nascar engine right ? And sure it will lift the wheels from torque , but not almost straight up and down like the game does .

No you may not.
It’s none of your business.
Anyone playing can check my opinion themselves.
I’m not gonna get in a pissing contest.

Was not interested in a pissing contest but someone that constantly refers to the physics as not being realistic compared to real life and refers people to read books about racing theories should have some reasonable level of real world experiences to draw their stated opinions off of.

I just wondered the level of the real world experience or perhaps whether you had attended any on track real world racing schools put on by actual pro racers that are respected in their field to be able to compare what is realistic at at the max limits or are you just going off what you see others do on tv and books that you are reading that discuss racing technique or theories?

Was not interested in a pissing contest but someone that constantly refers to the physics as not being realistic compared to real life and refers people to read books about racing theories should have some reasonable level of real world experiences to draw their stated opinions off of.

I just wondered the level of the real world experience or perhaps whether you had attended any on track real world racing schools put on by actual pro racers that are respected in their field to be able to compare what is realistic at at the max limits or are you just going off what you see others do on tv and books that you are reading that discuss racing technique or theories?
You ARE interested in a pissing contest unless you do not understand the definition of the word experience.
If I meant theory I would have said theory!

I think it’s better for drivers, and that doesn’t mean it’s not going to be improved further with the next step in its evolution.
When you put power to max and weight min things like wheelies can happen.
I’ve seen a 58 vette lift the fronts off the line with a seven inch tire on a hot sticky track. 120 mph quarter mile at traps. That’s like a mid eleven et or so.
So it wouldnt surprise me that a car with added power and minimized weight in game pops wheelies if it hooks up.
Bottom line is now arcade gamer inputs are rewarded less.
Too much steering angle especially when trail braking is gonna push on entry.
That’s just physics. But I am sure that project mayhem will continue to obfuscate everyone with its confused take on reality

Maybe if the car had no front shocks you could get daylight under the front tires with 7" slicks and mid 11 second/120 MPH kind of horsepower. I have been building chassis' and racing for more than 30 years now, I have a pretty good idea of what cars can and cant do with tire size and HP figures. When a road race type car wheelies the game is broken, no ifs, ands, or butts about it.

Maybe if the car had no front shocks you could get daylight under the front tires with 7" slicks and mid 11 second/120 MPH kind of horsepower. I have been building chassis' and racing for more than 30 years now, I have a pretty good idea of what cars can and cant do with tire size and HP figures. When a road race type car wheelies the game is broken, no ifs, ands, or butts about it.

No maybe, but setup for drag-street driven legal. Some cutting had been done.
Car broke a lotta parts. Not mine.
NO maybe bout it.
Impressive eh.
Maybe now with nitrous and all and big tires and new tech mid high 11 is nothin.
But to me it’s quick.
It held class records at a few strips for a while.
Very good engine builder...family member.
Got into boats for a while...v drive 427 vette motor alum block made 180 degree headers mechanical fuel injection etc etc etc.
No hydro though
V Hull designed for turning. You sit high idea being you get thrown off if things go bad.
Sad thing is vette got sold two months later...wrapped around a tree by new owner lol it was I’ll handling.
Re boat can’t run due to noise.
Coming off plane into 5mph zone you could pop it and slip the prop. Sounded awesome!
Old school fun. None of this my work or owned by me. Just lucky to be around it.

Last edited:
You ARE interested in a pissing contest unless you do not understand the definition of the word experience.
If I meant theory I would have said theory!
I most surely do understand the definition of experience hence the reason I ask you what the level of your real life experience is.

You say in your post from your real life experience but then do not want to share the level of those experiences that you draw your opinion off of.

When you make a statement that is supposedly represented from factual real life knowledge and experience it should not be considered unusual to be ask to clarify the real knowledge you are using.

Lot of difference between actual experience and theory by studying a subject.

experience
[ ik-speer-ee-uhns ]
1. a particular instance of personally encountering or undergoing something:
2. to have experience of; meet with; undergo; feel:

theory
noun the·o·ry | \ ˈthē-ə-rē

1. : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory
2. : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action

I started off driving it without having watched any of the top 10, and struggled to go as fast in it as other cars. It was only when I embraced its extreme tendency to drift that I got my time down to similar to what I can do in some other cars. So I watched Alexony94's lap, in the hope of seeing that the car could be driven fast without drifting, having seen one of his races on YouTube where he drove extremely smoothly ( ). But, disappointingly, he was drifting it a lot.

I was talking about M4 GR4 at interlagos , i have just a few time with BMW anyway , but if you check any top driver , you will never see any drift in their driving line.
Here is a Nico video during the last FIA event. Pure lines only.

Best graphics, and with continued enhancement it could combine that with best physics.
With ACC coming out next gen this game with its garbage physics and awful sounds will be in the trash, FIA badge or not. Anyone really interested in driving realistic GT3 cars like myself will move to said game. People that then stay in GTS will either do to become “World Champs” (I won’t simply because I don’t have the speed or the talent to make it) or to simply have fun mindlessly of how much the cars behave properly or not.

Played for the first time in a little while yesterday.

I was greeted with high powered road cars performing wheelies, and insane amounts of understeer.

I don’t know what Kaz has done here (nor do I know why the physics HAVE to change every few updates), but this isn’t even fun.

I don’t even want to play the game anymore.

I was talking about M4 GR4 at interlagos , i have just a few time with BMW anyway , but if you check any top driver , you will never see any drift in their driving line.
Ah, I'm talking about the M4 '14 N300 that has all the top 10 times for the Nations Cup free practice (sport hard tyres).

Ah, I'm talking about the M4 '14 N300 that has all the top 10 times for the Nations Cup free practice (sport hard tyres).
Oh yes , i have my best time too with it 1:49.2xx , but i really don't like the way it drive. The F50 is 1:50 but a bit lazy and passive , i love the aston martin V8 vantage , it is also 1:50 but is a very rewarding car to drive. I love it.

With ACC coming out next gen this game with its garbage physics and awful sounds will be in the trash, FIA badge or not. Anyone really interested in driving realistic GT3 cars like myself will move to said game. People that then stay in GTS will either do to become “World Champs” (I won’t simply because I don’t have the speed or the talent to make it) or to simply have fun mindlessly of how much the cars behave properly or not.

If Acc comes out on ps5 I’ll get it for sure.

So GTS is going in the trash because you don’t have the speed or the talent to be a World Champ. Thats my takeaway from this.

Ah yes the wheelies, in 60s cars, with jacked up power and half the parts removed for weight reduction, on tyres never designed for them.

People seem to be ignoring that the cars in question - let's use the Ferrari as our example - were already built on the bleeding edge of technology to win in the top racing categories of their time.

perhaps the problem is that people see the need to put more power, less weight, and science fiction tyres on a car that already exists at the extremes of engineering. It's not as simple as putting slicker tyres on to gain grip all around - especially if the whole driveline was designed for a much lower level of grip.

i heard Bill Goldberg on a Hoonigan video the other day exclaiming he has a Cobra that pulls wheelies at 90mph in 4th gear. Seems those complaining that the physics are "totally broken" might not understand the characteristics of these older cars built for speed with older methods. No downforce or aero to speak of; just the best power to weight ratio you can manage in the best handling chassis you can build.

if you ask me, in any decent sim, messing with the balance of such a car should absolutely be a recipe for wheelies and other disasters.
Yeah the older vehicles can't handle modern tyres, nor do they grip like modern vehicles. Yes the physics may exaggerate the effect but classic cars shouldn't be able to handle the astronomical grip levels. I have an example: my dad put some racing tyres on a 5 Series BMW, and he said that the suspension struggled to cope with the grip levels. This is what's happening to the Ferrari, but in an extreme way.

You are spot on. However, I can tell you outright that if they don’t correct those overly ridiculous smooth roads and other aesthetics of the game it will be all for nothing. I think it being super photorealistic without the basic necessities is actually the worst case scenario.

They need to challenge a lot of long held beliefs such as thinking that you can’t add in cockpit effects to increase the sense of speed as we see in ACC. Imo, where GT is right now is sad and pathetic but the potential for it to become a standard setter comes down to several important design decisions.

You are spot on. However, I can tell you outright that if they don’t correct those overly ridiculous smooth roads and other aesthetics of the game it will be all for nothing. I think it being super photorealistic without the basic necessities is actually the worst case scenario.

They need to challenge a lot of long held beliefs such as thinking that you can’t add in cockpit effects to increase the sense of speed as we see in ACC. Imo, where GT is right now is sad and pathetic but the potential for it to become a standard setter comes down to several important design decisions.

It’s obvious to me that if you think the tracks are smooth you don’t race. Ffb doesn’t send vibrations every time you run over a tic tap but pretty much the entire key to every track is surface undulation.

It’s obvious to me that if you think the tracks are smooth you don’t race. Ffb doesn’t send vibrations every time you run over a tic tap but pretty much the entire key to every track is surface undulation.

I don’t recall EVER saying a single time that you should receive force feedback whenever you hit a tic tap(c).

Either way, I think the ACC footage is very representative of what PD should be aiming for. If not, they should at least give options for people who experience the inputs differently.

What exactly is your racing experience?

Seems to me like people with little to no driving- let alone Pro racing experience-are really upset. Throw in an inept understanding of physics and you get a thread like this. There's actual engineers with real degrees ad track time working on this but you feel your more qualified how exactly??

I've done 300 miles in game (don't forget this IS a game people) today. It's better. Cars behave and react more like their real life counterparts. It's a simple as that. If your only reference is another game.. Christ.. I should add it's not perfect, but few things on the entire Earth are. Get used to it.

There is a small adjustment needed somewhere to combat the excessive under-steer, particularly in MR/ RR vehicles, but that's really all that's wrong. (.60° positive rear toe......... hint hint)

Without having real world GT3 race car experience though, I know I couldn't say "well a gt3 should not behave x way b on x tires because in ACC and in my head I think that ..." JUST STOP! Seriously. Stop.

Unbelievable.. the imaginations of some people. They must be having a field day in the offices of Polyphony Digital reading this thread lmao

Last edited:
So GTS is going in the trash because you don’t have the speed or the talent to be a World Champ. Thats my takeaway from this.

You can't sell it as "the real driving simulator" when you don't have the monopoly in racing games anymore on console.

I would agree with "the beautilful driving simulator" or "the first driving simulator".

Seems to me like people with little to no driving- let alone Pro racing experience-are really upset. Throw in an inept understanding of physics and you get a thread like this. There's actual engineers with real degrees ad track time working on this but you feel your more qualified how exactly??

I've done 300 miles in game (don't forget this IS a game people) today. It's better. Cars behave and react more like their real life counterparts.

Without having real world GT3 race car experience though, I know I couldn't say "well a gt3 should not behave x way b on x tires because in ACC and in my head I think that ..." JUST STOP! Seriously. Stop.

Unbelievable.. the imaginations of some people. They must be having a field day in the offices of Polyphony Digital reading this thread lmao

SOoo... what's your experience in driving a GT3 car IRL?
Because right now you pretty much just gave your opinion about something you obviously have no clue while blaming other people for giving their opinion about something they have no clue.

And you know, when you see that actual top GT3 drivers oversteer in and out of corners IRL and that any noob (like me )can't oversteer/spin in the game, there is clearly a problem...

But yeah you must be right, you know everything as all the "trust me I'm an engineer" kind of guy

Last edited:
SOoo... what's your experience in driving a GT3 car IRL?
Because right now you pretty much just gave your opinion about something you obviously have no clue while blaming other people for giving their opinion about something they have no clue.
I think you missed a paragraph.
Without having real world GT3 race experience though, I know I couldn't say "well a gt3 should not behave x way b on x tires because in ACC and in my head I think that ..." JUST STOP! Seriously. Stop.

I think people in here need to understand that AC(C) has a much more complex physics and tire model than what we currently have in GT Sport. Therefore people playing these games claim it has a much more realistic feel to it.

That being said it's not difficult to see the issues with the tire model or physics of GTS (as people already made claims and with proof on what is wrong with the physics).

The whole " they know what they do because they are engineers" argument is not completely false but should not be taken in a way that they always do it right. That's why discussion thread exist in order for the team at PD to receive feedback (what they plan to do with it is their problem).

Many people have driven IRL (I do too but no experience in racing or knowledge about how physics work).
So many people in here know what they talk about and if they see something is wrong than something is wrong.

I think you missed a paragraph.
I think you missed your own paragraph that says :
I've done 300 miles in game today. It's better. Cars behave and react more like their real life counterparts. It's a simple as that.
It's a clear comparison with real life cars you have not driven.

There is no kart similar to those I have driven, no "normal cars" I have driven and no opel speedster either. So I can't compare at all with real life driving.
What I can observe however, is that professional drivers that are super trained and cautious have a harder time driving their GT3/4 cars IRL than me, a beginner, in game.

Truth is, PD makes the game playable for all, and these days, making something accessible always means "dumbing it down" rather than improving the ways players can learn to be better (kaz said it himself, gamers/new generation are too dumb/clueless to tune their own cars and they are not willing to learn).

I guess me and many players had just started to forget that GT is just become another "racing/driving game", and we should not have expected the partnership with FIA to be an indication that GT would finally go toward "the real driving/racing simulator".

To quote donald trump (or any 5yo after he watched bambi) VERY SAD

Changed my vote to worse, the lack of oversteer in low speed stuff is really strange. It feels like they made this change to make the controller and wheel more competitive with each other.

If it’s more realistic then fine, but it just seems dumbed down to me.

I’d be interested to hear what the top guys have to say.

Last edited:
And you know, when you see that actual top GT3 drivers oversteer in and out of corners IRL and that any noob (like me )can't oversteer/spin in the game, there is clearly a problem...
So does the fact I'm still able to spin the back wheels of every Gr.3 car I've tried mean my skills are a notch above noob level?

I have a friend who has owned a McLaren 12C, so I want to get him to drive it in the game with my wheel some time. What tyres should I use in the game to accurately match what it has in real life?

I think everybody in the thread should watch the physics portion of this podcast. It gives a bunch of FIA player’s takes on how bad they think the physics changes are.

It's funny that it's not even a controversial discussion for them. They have a laughable consensus about it which is comforting that I'm not going crazy.

Back