Power Shifting You Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Night_Drifter
  • 32 comments
  • 1,651 views
Messages
1,079
To Power shift ur car, push the Reverse button fast, "The Triangle" and it will shake ur car, if u do it right, its very fast, but if u do it wrong, then its slow!!!!!!!!!!!
 
And this is supposed to accomplish what, exactly? The transmission already behaves like a sequential unit with only a microscopic delay in the shifting, even for the stock transmissions.
 
Explain yourself.


So far you've told us to hit triangle. This makes you go backwards. I assume you are missing an extremely crucial part of the process. Like duh, hitting X. But when?
 
hahahahahahahaha, wat a 12sec civic... shame on u fool.
 
Explain yourself, Auto_1. There is a link in my signature called "House Rules" which takes you to the Acceptable Use policy, which apparently you've never seen. Go read it and start following it, or your new account will be banned as well.

Clear enough for you?

-Duke
 
I think this dude is using an Auto Transmission.

I used to do this to make the Auto Tranny downshift before I switched to using a Manual Tranny.
 
never used auto.... ever (cept for maybe once or twice :p)
 
I like Auto sometimes - when I can't be bothered using manual.
 
crazy people, when you shift, NOT AUTO you haev to hit the triangle fast when redlining, it should make you go faster, but you have to hit it at the right moment, because if not, it will slow ur car down, dont try it if ur not a pro drift, because u might think im stupid, because u never seen it done before in ur life, and when you hit the button slow, you think u hit it at the right time, so you should think again, cause i know my GT3
 
one more thing, you have to hit the TRIANGLE fast, i mean FAST then faster the more reaction, dont even try it if ur slow on ur button or you dont know how to drift 70b mph on the trial mountain big turn ok, cause this is only for those people who have fast reaction and can think well enough to say they are doing wrong and they should try it again, dont forget to hit the TRIANGLE fast and release it, dont hold you for you stupid people!!!
 
good luck night_drifter, that's all i have to say, good luck. Oh yeah, and one other thing I hope you like your stay at gtplanet.
 
And one other thing: I hope you learn to use English properly so people can understand you.
 
I just prefer my old past the redline + R2 "trick". :p Works quite well for me!
 
The fact that powershifting is only really gonna help you if your going in a straight line over taking a turn at 93mph shifting from 3rd to 4th gear, I really don't feel the extra.0005 it takes off the shift is gonna help too much. I like my manual the way it is. :D


Wait a second. . . If you hit the reverse at any moment going into a shift, that would drop a transmission in a heart beat, let alone most likely send your car spinning if you are on a turn. That would have to be know officially as the "New Suck"!
 
man nevermind, i dont want to say anything no more, do what you guys want, its all good with me, i'll do my thing u do ur thing ok, NOW BE COOL!!!!!!!!!!
 
The triangle button is the reverse button. My pressing it quickly all you're doing is dis-enganging and re-engaging the clutch, and I don't see how that would make the gearchange any faster.
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
I just prefer my old past the redline + R2 "trick". :p Works quite well for me!
Works quite well, does it not?
 
When i press the triangle button it just changes the view???



;)
 
yeah heres the problem with it (after extensive research on the matter) when you hit reverse your car disengages, which slows your car down...hit r2 and you can keep it in the gas and just sink the gear...the only time triangle might be helpful is if your in and accident on seatle (or wherever really i get it most my accidents in seatle) and you don't know what gear you should be in, all you know is you shouldnt be in 6th...for some reason it puts you in whatever gear you need to be in but over all it slowed down my zonda on the straight about .433 sconds on the 1000 sprint... i suggest going back to r2 man, you know that jump you see is your car slowing down....:odd:
 
Why not just shift manually and quit fighting the thing?
:confused:
 
i tryed you trick it does work but it not really good
 
Since GT is a driving simulator, all techniques that are simply stupid manipulations of the PS2 controler are just that, stupid. Manual works great and I've never heard of any driver slamming his car into reverse to go faster.

The references to "drifting," however, explain a lot.
 
When you use an auto tranny and you enter a turn, the comp doesn't downshift "correctly", so you MAKE it downshift by tapping the triangle button.

Auto Tranny's suck. Learn to use the manual.
 
Back