PP system is completely broken.

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 14 comments
Turkey
Turkey
talhaONE
Im Increasing the Power by 1% from ECU and cars PP rating increases by a whooping 50 PP for some reason. This is happening on pretty much every car, isnt specific to a certain car.

Can you name an example? This was never the case for me, per percent it usually decreased by like 2 or 2.5 PP
R8 Evo, Downgraded to 550 PP. Whenever I try to increase its power, it becames 600 PP. Both ECU and Powerlimiter does the same.

R8 Evo, Downgraded to 550 PP. Whenever I try to increase its power, it becames 600 PP. Both ECU and Powerlimiter does the same.
Are you sure you haven't changed your tires? Haven't had this bug myself, but if it's true it definitely sounds like a bug.

Last edited:
Broken or not, it sucks

I was in my 500 pp room last night, I went to make some adjustments on the suspension. When I was done I couldn't get back on the track. I can't believe that tuning your suspension raises your PP.

In GT5/6, if you weren't the best driver, you could become a great tuner and gain an advantage by having better handling cars. Now if you have a better handling car the PP system penalizes you.

There is a huge jump when changing tyres but I wonder if this is multiples all other handling mods like suspensio, brakes etc. that benefit directly from tyres

There is a huge jump when changing tyres but I wonder if this is multiples all other handling mods like suspensio, brakes etc. that benefit directly from tyres
to be fair tyres are the single biggest improvement to a car you can make. Especially to improve lap times even on street tires there is a huge variance between TW300 (Hard), TW200(Medium) and TW100-(Soft) tires and it could be as big as 10 seconds a lap. Changing to slicks is a totally different ball game as well and much faster like seconds to even the softest of street tire. So overall I find the tire model very realistic. It would have been nice if there was some indicator in the game of what your opponents tires are.

I found dropping balest wieght in in singles increments would suddenly jump in pp change too , no linear pattern too it.

Sucks that everything from gearing to suspension to power is effecting PP . Mite as well just force us to all drive the same car :( :(

Mite as well just force us to all drive the same car :( :(
Yes, this. I'm not sure what PD was thinking by implementing this system but it's pretty clear that creating closer racing was NOT the goal. With tuning involved, the qualifying times in sport mode can be 10-20s apart and the field always spreads out within a lap or two. Give me back my spec racing please.

I found this same issue yesterday too. Best way around it is to drop downforce levels or change tires. It's the algorithm, it calculates the perfect lap time compared to what's on the track. Even though that 5hp or tq would not normally equal 30 to 60pp. Dropping the tire level usually allows an extra 50 or so hp on the ECU or power restriction level that will make you faster than that 1% increment that thinks its 50pp.

Last edited:
Okay, there are so many threads with this concern. Now, experiencing with my own cars.
1666408377560.png

First noticed it with the green Kenmeri. Was adjusting its tune before starting a Tokyo race. Adjusted the ECU from over 300BHP(over PP 600]and it just jumped down to PP 440. The car is fitted with all engine parts and RH. As can be seen, it’s lower than the stock(only widebody and suspension) engined red one.
The next, just then, was the yellow 365 GTB4. It was 698(552BHP/1143kg), all parts and RH. I only removed the ECU and lowered the weight. The PP should be about the same as the Pantera. What the heck is going on?

Alright, part 2 of this PP thing. Tuned up a different 365. Added performance parts that raised the PP to 685. Bought the High Lift Camshaft and it Showed the red detuned warning. Continued and it drops the PP By nearly 100
1666420235554.png

Clicked on the next part and it’s raising the PP, naturally. However, not high enough to the 685.
1666420305225.png

Checked the ECU. It increases power and torque, but the PP drops. Weird.
1666420524948.png

Latest Posts

Back