Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
Good afternoon,

My name is Jose and I am from Balearic Islands (Spain)

Sorry for my English

I have a question.

Because most setups do not use racing tires?

I understand that it is unusual to 600pp in real life use racing tires.
But when we play gt6 80% of the time is dedicated to online, and in this most rooms do not have limitations on the tires.

So in most rooms on line we can not use all these cars.

Is it possible to create setups based on competition tires? To use these setups in online mode. To 450pp - 500pp and 550pp

Thank you very much for your time and your wonderful work in this forum.

Best

Good afternoon,

My name is Jose and I am from Balearic Islands (Spain)

Sorry for my English

I have a question.

Because most setups do not use racing tires?

I understand that it is unusual to 600pp in real life use racing tires.
But when we play gt6 80% of the time is dedicated to online, and in this most rooms do not have limitations on the tires.

So in most rooms on line we can not use all these cars.

Is it possible to create setups based on competition tires? To use these setups in online mode. To 450pp - 500pp and 550pp

Thank you very much for your time and your wonderful work in this forum.

Best
Hello.
I know that most of the online rooms, not all of them, play any car with Racing tires.
This is not my vision of the game and this is not how i have pleasure driving cars in GT. For me Racing tires are for racing cars only. Now ,more than ever. The suspension travel in GT6 was increased and even a very hard springs on a road car is not enough to make them drive well. They are very unstable and only a car with downforce + + rigidity in my opinion is able to support the racing tires strong moves that they are passing from the ground where they stick, up to the car.
I even think that i'll downgrade the PP x Tires i was using in GT5.
In the way of 450PP = SH // 500PP = SM /// 550PP = SS , i think i'll use 450PP = CS // 500PP = SH......
This fit better to the road cars now ,in my opinion .
So , since the games physics stay so bad for the road cas with racing tires, i'll not tune any.
Perhaps a few later ,if PD correct some strange thngs in the game by a magic update.
Cheers.
><(((((°>°°°°°

@ Praiano,

Great work as always 👍

I notice your 288GTO tune says use +2" rims...

Not sure if you’ve seen, but we now know using these rims has a detrimental effect on a cars handling if the car has wider rear tyre stock - it appears to replace the wider rear tyre (in the GTO's case, 255mm) with the same tyre as the front wheels (in the GTO's case, 225mm).

You might want to revisit this tune (and any other tunes you built on cars with wider rear tyres standard) as I very much doubt it will be optimal 👍

Tried some of your tunes in GT5 and very impressed, not really had the time in GT6 and you got the game later than most of us lot.
Noticed you have changed some rims, you may have read this or not, here. Might make a slight difference for you.

Cheers Bee9

Yes, i know some peole say this, "fitting custom wheels gives your 4 wheels/tyres of the same width"
I don't believe it. There is no diference for me.
Here is a Ford GT equiped with custom rims. Check the size of the rear tire.

Loading a 1.02 now 1255 MB , let's see what they've change this time. Hope for good things.
zhf0.jpg

seot.jpg

@ Praiano,

Great work as always 👍

I notice your 288GTO tune says use +2" rims...

Not sure if you’ve seen, but we now know using these rims has a detrimental effect on a cars handling if the car has wider rear tyre stock - it appears to replace the wider rear tyre (in the GTO's case, 255mm) with the same tyre as the front wheels (in the GTO's case, 225mm).

You might want to revisit this tune (and any other tunes you built on cars with wider rear tyres standard) as I very much doubt it will be optimal 👍
Thanks Stotty , i'll do some others test chcking the driving behaviors of both, but this width thing is not proved for me.

Maybe only problem with some cars, not good if you have to check every car to see if tyres go the same.
Anyhow keep up the good work and don't forget a coffee now and then will keep you going. :)

Thanks Stotty , i'll do some others test chcking the driving behaviors of both, but this width thing is not proved for me.

The behaviour has been tested and verified by myself, Vagabond and LVracer (all of us are D1G/GT Academy finalists), it is 100% definitely true for some cars, though clearly not all cars have been tested to date.

With regard to the GT40... is that a +1 or +2" change, or a different design of the same diameter?

Edit: posted this as I'd hate to see you build tunes that account for the rim, that you subseqently have to re-work 👍

Last edited:
Jose Robles is absolutely right!

Hey Praiano your vision on setup in gran turismo 5 and 6 is completely erroneous,

has always been the best Racing Soft tires, always.
if you can see in online rooms all people use in racing soft 300pp-400pp-500 550-600 pp ... and all room

I play 550pp, if you used your ss tires would lose the race because everyone would win me with racing tires. I never understood their setup the tires, racing soft tires is better at all points and in all cars

sorry my english

if you can see in online rooms all people use in racing soft 300pp-400pp-500 550-600 pp ... and all room

I play 550pp, if you used your ss tires would lose the race because everyone would win me with racing tires. I never understood their setup the tires, racing soft tires is better at all points and in all cars

That's because they can't drive and need RS tyres to compensate.

Try finding some rooms with people who appreciate a more sensible and skilled approach to playing the game 👍

The behaviour has been tested and verified by myself, Vagabond and LVracer (all of us are D1G/GT Academy finalists), it is 100% definitely true for some cars, though clearly not all cars have been tested to date.

With regard to the GT40... is that a +1 or +2" change, or a different design of the same diameter?

Edit: posted this as I'd hate to see you build tunes that account for the rim, that you subseqently have to re-work 👍
Tested where?? In GT6 ?? Ok ! If this have been tested by the cream of the cream..... I only have to take a low profile and go out of the real court ..... What??? I can't do this , you know why?? i already pull out from this GTP division 🤬.
Just one more thing before ending this rims story.
I'll test it by myself. I believe in what i feel in the game. You're only fast drivers ,all of you at the top of the thing.
Please don't come here this way ,saying what i have to believe or not because it was approved by the faster drivers of the planet.
Sorry to answer like this but i really don't agree with this kind of things. I think we must all stay humble , always.
Regards.

Hey Praiano your vision on setup in gran turismo 5 and 6 is completely erroneous,

sorry my english
Stotty alredy answer very well to you. But one thing must be clear here. I run this garage the way i want , building the cars i like ,the way i like, for me and by request for a lot of people who like my work and enjoy the game with my cars. I accept critics always , if they are constructive and help me to build better cars.
If somebody don't like this or those, free to him to look around to see if he find something that suit better to him.

I hope it's OK now for everybody. It's just my hobby, not my job, and i don't have no boss.

><(((((°>°°°°°°

Tested where?? In GT6 ?? Ok ! If this have been tested by the cream of the cream..... I only have to take a low profile and go out of the real court ..... What??? I can't do this , you know why?? i already pull out from this GTP division 🤬.
Just one more thing before ending this rims story.
I'll test it by myself. I believe in what i feel in the game. You're only fast drivers ,all of you at the top of the thing.
Please don't come here this way ,saying what i have to believe or not because it was approved by the faster drivers of the planet.
Sorry to answer like this but i really don't agree with this kind of things. I think we must all stay humble , always.
Regards.

Sorry if my post came across in a manner that caused offence or sounded arrogant - that wasn't my intention.

Yes, tested in GT6. The only reason I mentioned the drivers background was to reassure you that it wasn't an unfounded rumour or suspicion, but based on testing by drivers of your standard and skill level. No arrogance was intended - there are many drivers a lot faster than me!!

Make your own mind up. I won't post here again, but I will continue to follow your thread with interest.

ALFA ROMEO TZ3 STRADALE '11 // 600PP // SPORT TIRES
This car have a perfect tune already stock. I just wanted to increase some power and make it sharper to race or just drive any track. Fantastic car ,good feeling ,a real pleasure behind the wheel.

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°
Perfect tune! I justgot 1st place in a 650pp endurance event :) It nailed those stupid Bugattis and FXX's :D Thanks!

sorry my english

Racing tyres on most road cars in GT6 makes them horrible. I know everyone uses them online, but everyone is stupidly slow also. Just put rs tyres on an NSX type R and drive it around bathurst, you wont make a single lap without a spin unless you slow to a crawl.

Racing tyres on most road cars in GT6 makes them horrible. I know everyone uses them online, but everyone is stupidly slow also. Just put rs tyres on an NSX type R and drive it around bathurst, you wont make a single lap without a spin unless you slow to a crawl.
I have a new tune for the M3, i need to learn Barthurst a lot, i'm lost there for the moment so i can't tune specially for there. Let's see what 1.02 will change. I'll publish the M3 only after checking this update.

I have a new tune for the M3, i need to learn Barthurst a lot, i'm lost there for the moment so i can't tune specially for there. Let's see what 1.02 will change. I'll publish the M3 only after checking this update.
I like your M3 as it is, its fine around bathurst on SS but I have not tried on RS. Though if you are still tuning, maybe a little more turn? ;) My preference is for cars that are a bit tail happy hehe

I like your M3 as it is, its fine around bathurst on SS but I have not tried on RS. Though if you are still tuning, maybe a little more turn? ;) My preference is for cars that are a bit tail happy hehe
I understand ,but i only do base tunes for all tracks that fit to all kind of drivers. Springs are working very fine , at least at 1.01. You can low the front value if you need more eagerness. It work well, check around less -0,50 front spring or more.

Thanks Praiano for the great setups so far. Any chance you could do a current NASCAR setup? Maybe a Daytona setup and a Road Course setup? (no track in particular). NOT A RUSH, as I am sure you have a list of cars to do and are probibly trying to sleep/eat/take care of your kids, etc. somewhere between all the tuning. Just thought I would ask as there are no good NASCAR setups out right now for GT6 and the GT5 NASCAR setups dont transpose very well to GT6.

Thanks in advance if you can:bowdown:, no worries if you dont.:banghead:

Thanks Praiano for the great setups so far. Any chance you could do a current NASCAR setup? Maybe a Daytona setup and a Road Course setup? (no track in particular). NOT A RUSH, as I am sure you have a list of cars to do and are probibly trying to sleep/eat/take care of your kids, etc. somewhere between all the tuning. Just thought I would ask as there are no good NASCAR setups out right now for GT6 and the GT5 NASCAR setups dont transpose very well to GT6.

Thanks in advance if you can:bowdown:, no worries if you dont.:banghead:
Sorry but i never race nascar ,i'm an ignorant about those cars and i know the settings are very special for this kind of tracks. I only do track grip tunes for road or racing cars.
Have a good day.

Sorry but i never race nascar ,i'm an ignorant about those cars and i know the settings are very special for this kind of tracks. I only do track grip tunes for road or racing cars.
Have a good day.
Ok . Thanks anyways

In all fairness, as an educator and a supporter of disability awareness, you're off base. While the forum rules are there for a reason (won't get any argument from me around the benefits of clear communication and coherent writing mechanics), your comment comes off as either ignorant of the difficulties faced by those with dyslexia (read here for an overview: http://www.ncld.org/types-learning-disabilities/dyslexia/what-is-dyslexia) or just plain insensitive. The tone of your response is both snarky and belittling.

"I'm not asking you to write a novel"...I'd love to see how you respond to someone suffering from depression, cancer, anxiety, Down syndrome, etc.

He's making a mountain out of a molehill and so are you now. Don't try and pigeon-hole me into being either 'this or that' with insensitive or ignorant. I was asking that he make the effort to improve his grammar, for all I know, he doesn't have dyslexia and is just being lazy. I can't know that, so I have to ask that he try and do his best.

Sorry if it came off as snarky. I have worked for people with disabilities, I'm fully aware of many types of disabilities. Because of that, I also know that people with disabilities often like to be treated like everyone else.

Jerome

Last edited:
Hello Mr Praiano,

Thank you for sharing your tunes. I was happy to see you tuned a Lambo GT as I love this car.

I have a question though, about the ballast position. Is it really at 50? Because I tried to put it at -50 and the car feels perfectly balanced, at 50 it oversteers a lot more. So I'm just wondering if it's a little mistake. And it would explain why some people have issues with this car.

Anyway, thanks to you I'm really enjoying the car now.

Praiano, I have a trouble with the gears and I want to reset them. How do you do that?

Revert the transmission back to stock and then reinstall fully custom. Right now that's the only way to reset a gearbox until a reset to default button returns.

Hi @praiano63 ,

My knowledge of car racing is based mostly on the exciting F1 broadcasts, though I've also seen sports races, and of course I love the epic Le Mans every year. While the level of tire (like C, S, R) would be a given based on the car model, whether to use soft, medium, or hard seems to be based to an extent on the track and also on pit strategy in longer races. (I suppose there's a limit to how long a race would be practical online. And of course PD could always add some longer races with an update.) Perhaps you might consider- one time only, not for each car- off the top of your head giving an idea of likely problems that may need adjustments if changing from, say medium to hard, or maybe just what the tuning implication are for using harder or softer tires than indicated.

You must be nice to me today, I've got bad news. After days of trying I have to return the G27. My withered old legs just are not strong enough to work the pedals, no matter what position I try.

I don't think I've ever made a request- I prefer to discover unfamiliar cars you've chosen. And I also love Ferrari and always for some reason find BMWs easier to drive. Something about them or the way you go about tuning them just fits my driving style. So what you've done so far is right up my street. Those Ferraris. Not the easiest to drive, I feel a bit like a mouse clinging to the back of a cheetah. But from your comments on the tunes I think that's not so far from what you intended. You give huge fun!

But Lotus has also always been a favorite of mine. Any Lotus. With your two red lions, red and green- Christmas colors.

Regards,

Rick

Last edited:
Back