Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
YZF
Spa, Honda NSX Type R, 500pp, Sport-Mediums, all aids off, SRF off, TC off:

2.29.2 - Praiano setup
2.27.0 - default PD setup
Perhaps its driver error? Who knows? Perhaps your style is different to everyone else? I know my style is unique as well.

The only thing I do know from today's thread is that your posts come across very rude and do not contribute to the purpose/intent of this thread at all. 'Criticism' does not become 'feedback' just because you sign off with a smile...

Last edited:
Finally i´ve installed the perfect weapon to protect my garage from trolls and other kind of unhappy people invasion.

Any constructive and polite criticism will be always welcome.

I´m just a fake tuner of fake cars and i just do and share what i like.;)👍

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

Black hole for Trolls
Caliborn's_entry.png

Hi Praiano :)

Lots of nice tunes man, keep up the good work!

I wanted to ask you if you could please do a 500pp tune on sport soft for the RUF BTR? I just can't get mine to drive balanced, it slides all over the place..

Finally i´ve installed the perfect weapon to protect my garage from trolls and other kind of unhappy people invasion.

Any constructive and polite criticism will be always welcome.

I´m just a fake tuner of fake cars and i just do and share what i like.;)👍

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

Black hole for Trolls
Caliborn's_entry.png
+ All the numbers ever made, combined.

Prove it share the videos in your own garage

Sure, why not. Below are the links/videos. To add more diversity (maybe it was THAT car which was wrong?) I chose another car, also NSX, but much older from '92. This time I tried to make everything 1:1 like in Praiano post with the setup. I also made the oil change and even selected the same car color! :)

I also made sure the video has a setup menu and then immediately the lap - live recording without any edits.

Someone wanted to know what exactly was wrong. The main issue is that the car has quite strong, I'd say even massive understeer, especially in low speed corners. I was prepared for that, because I did some practice runs before, but I still missed some apexes quite badly. Front feels heavy and just won't turn. Going out of corners, you can feel the front is moving to the sides, tyres trying to catch grip and then lose it again. The front is wobbling.

Also overall corner speed was lower, and this affects sector times as well. The second video has the ghost time from first video (default PD setup) and you can see that most of the time was lost in the middle sector, which has mostly slower corners.

Braking was better (than default PD setup) though...

All these issues aren't unexpected, because if you lift your car (increase ride height) you won't get the best cornering speed. This is also mentioned in the tuning guide (quick cheat sheet) that I posted before. Also, you should be very carefull with strong dampers and ARBs, as more often than not, this will give less grip. Again, all of this is mentioned in that guide, or any other tuning guide on the net. There are other things which are wrong (from my point of view) but I don't want to go into details even more.

NSX Type R'92, Sport Mediums, All Aids off (except ABS1), SRF OFF, TC OFF

Default PD setup: 2.28.343

Praiano setup: 2.30.094

YZF
Sure, why not. Below are the links/videos. To add more diversity (maybe it was THAT car which was wrong?) I chose another car, also NSX, but much older from '92. This time I tried to make everything 1:1 like in Praiano post with the setup. I also made the oil change and even selected the same car color! :)

I also made sure the video has a setup menu and then immediately the lap - live recording without any edits.

Someone wanted to know what exactly was wrong. The main issue is that the car has quite strong, I'd say even massive understeer, especially in low speed corners. I was prepared for that, because I did some practice runs before, but I still missed some apexes quite badly. Front feels heavy and just won't turn. Going out of corners, you can feel the front is moving to the sides, tyres trying to catch grip and then lose it again. The front is wobbling.

Also overall corner speed was lower, and this affects sector times as well. The second video has the ghost time from first video (default PD setup) and you can see that most of the time was lost in the middle sector, which has mostly slower corners.

All these issues aren't unexpected, because if you lift your car (increase ride height) you won't get the best cornering speed. This is also mentioned in the tuning guide (quick cheat sheet) that I posted before. Also, you should be very carefull with strong dampers and ARBs, as more often than not, this will give less grip. Again, all of this is mentioned in that guide, or any other tuning guide on the net. There are other things which are wrong (from my point of view) but I don't want to go into details even more.

Clearly you do not know how to set up his transmission. Your first gear in your video 2.905, P's first gear in his tune is 2.873. So now that we have debunked that,can you actually tune his transmission the way it's supposed to be? If you want to post some of your setups,or maybe tell us how you would tune a car "Correctly" I would suggest that you start a Garage in your name and post away.
I see none of your setups,all I see is someone who has no tunes, trying to tell us how to tune a car. Ironic that you post none of your own tunes,but continue to point out his mistakes and you can't even get the tranny right.I watched some of your other videos on Youtube. Wow you need some serious help. PM me I can help you out if you want,terrible tranny setups.

Last edited:
Hey MrP, who is now the worlds greatest pizza tuner too. have you got any more 400pp cars coming up in the future. i dont have any suggestions for you. but i must say i have really enjoyed the Cosmo & R8 Gordini plus the others in that pp class.

Anyway enjoy the sun, beach, fish and that Pizza oven.

Hey MrP, who is now the worlds greatest pizza tuner too. have you got any more 400pp cars coming up in the future. i dont have any suggestions for you. but i must say i have really enjoyed the Cosmo & R8 Gordini plus the others in that pp class.

Anyway enjoy the sun, beach, fish and that Pizza oven.
Hello friend, 400pp will come soon.
For the moment i try to find a real bad girl car..... and make it fast.

2be7e98d6dd601dd90fcd5a3c552aafc_L.jpg

Pizza oven is 100% thanks !!!!
10320379_646272282127407_6783506871883037188_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mr. Praiano, could you please help me with a tune for the SRT Viper GTS-R (team Oreca) #51 for the GT3 championship?
It was a post where you said it was done for this car, but I couldn't find it in the cars list.
Thank you in advance.

Hello friend, 400pp will come soon.
For the moment i try to find a real bad girl car..... and make it fast.

2be7e98d6dd601dd90fcd5a3c552aafc_L.jpg

Pizza oven is 100% thanks !!!!
10320379_646272282127407_6783506871883037188_n.jpg

Good you included pizzas with the car, she doesn't seem to be the "cooking" type...:lol:
...but I imagine she can probably do some other things very well! :sly:
10 to go please with extra side order of hot sauce! :D

Last edited:
YZF

Just to say i did the same test.

For me both tunes are the same lap time.

I did with stock settings first and i had to fight a lot with the car that in my opinion is not very safe and don´t maintain a good racing line stock. (Perhaps i don´t have the skills to do this). I did a 2:29.100 after 5 laps to have a valid one. SPA is not my track, i don´t know all the tricks there, i would have to practice much more.

With my tune i´ve just needed 1 lap to stick the first ghost. This because the car is much safer and have a better driving line.(for my driving style.)

Sure it shows some little understeer (not massive as you say) in the fast double left, but the tune was not made for this specific track. It´s an all around safe tune. Raising the front RH a bit resolve this for this circuit.

It´s right that there is no performance difference in this case between those 2 tunes, but mine is a lot safer in my opinion. This is my first goal for me and for anybody with only decent driving skills only. Like this a medium drivier can finish an online race with friends allowing close racing and having fun finishing the race with the pack because the car will forgive almost everything.

The tune is just a base, it´s easy for any driver to let it as sharp as he want.

Over.

PS: Perhaps i would low a bit the rear brake, 1 or 2 point less.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Last edited:
praiano did u try car. maybe u write wrong about tune .suspensiin or lsd maybe .i try your 50 different tune I never accept your tune slower than stock.maybe brake balance not updated maybe you write wrong tune detail. after test car.sorry for my limited english

@praiano63:

I´ve been reading these lastest posts about the tunes not being good or making the cars slower. I may not post many times on Praiano´s thread, but I can strongly say that I finished all the races in Gran Turismo 5 (I have GT6, but dont play much...) using Praiano tunes and they worked great for me... 👍

There are a lot of tuners in GTPlanet, so I believe everyone is free to choose whatever tune they want. All cars have
3 settings sheets so, if you do not like one tune, change to another!

So, what I want to say is that I dont understand at all all these posts questioning him and his tunes!

All I have to say to Praiano is:
"Excelente Trabalho!"
(Im portuguese)

Praiano, keep up the excellent work and best of luck in your new business!

Chat soon. :)

Last edited:
I have just done ten laps with both ,no aids abs1, I set the car up as per Praiano's tune,copied to tune sheet C put everything back to stock except the transmission settings... took the extra weight off and added extra power to get to 500pp.
For me I use the slow in fast out method,DS3 and auto, the stock car is ok, a bit loose on the corners and tends to slide easily on corners . 2.35.871 minute
With the tuned car I found it a lot more stable, easier to get the power on earlier through the corners without sliding, I felt more comfortable from the start , did a 2.32.833 after three laps.
Not quick compared to you guys but that's me.

Last edited by a moderator:
My signal dropped, the skies ripped open, and rain started flooding the place about 4 minutes after my last comment :lol:.

But anyway, tried your NSX tune for myself.

Stock review:
Fairly nice car all around, but very heavy in low speed corners. The outside tire in each turn keeps wanting to lose grip. Managed a 1:42.xxx

Tuned:
Incredibly stable, slightly favored towards understeer for that reason (which is what tuners in real life go for, if I'm not mistaken), but much easier to push to the limit. Clocked a 1:35.xxx, and that was with me missing the apex of turn whatever it is (right before the cliffside).

Both were tested with the same transmission, power, and weight, on deep forest, with no aids except abs 1.

hi Prof I want try your yellowbird tune.i can't see first page.
it is on 36. Page but brake balance is updated?? Can u help for updated tune yellowbird?thx

I only have an early tune for the spec II ,i´ll revisit it and test also the GT LM Race Car soon.

Done.;)
HEY Mr P.

Sure you had a lot to do, but I must ask for the Ford Gt 40 Race Car tune on Nur Nordschleife again. Or am I nuts, so I didn´t seen your Post.
Thanks a lot

Back