Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
Hey there. I took the BMW VGT, and to start I put a 20kg Ballast on at 0% position. Then I made the power limit 92.6% without oil change. This gives it a flat power curve near the maximum RPM range. :)

Power: 500HP @ 6400 RPM
Torque: 501.8 lbf-ft @ 2000 RPM
Weight: 1200kg
The stock suspension swing like a snake.. Again not very good build from PD. I did a quick tune that work very well .
I´ll publish something tomorrow.

The stock suspension swing like a snake.. Again not very good build from PD. I did a quick tune that work very well .
I´ll publish something tomorrow.
Really? I took off all camber and it handles like a beauty. I'll try out your setup when you post it and compare it to see how I like the feel. :)

Really? I took off all camber and it handles like a beauty. I'll try out your setup when you post it and compare it to see how I like the feel. :)
Front and rear TOE are ridiculous, at least for this kind of car in GT6.
The intro film talk about adapting the car to a video game blablablabla.... For me they never drive the car in the game , or if they have , they don´t have any experience with this.
It´s just a mix of perhaps real life settings and the eternal 10/40/20 LSD used from the fiat 500 till the powerfull Le mans car. Can´t b goo like this.

[Quote = "praiano63, après: 9661497, membre: 127120"] avant et arrière TOE sont ridicules, au moins pour ce type de voiture dans GT6.
Le film d'introduction parler de l'adaptation de la voiture à un blablablabla de jeux vidéo .... Pour moi ils n'ont jamais conduire la voiture dans le jeu, ou si elles ont, ils n'ont pas l'expérience de ce.
C'est juste un mélange de peut-être de vrais milieux de vie et l'éternel 10/40/20 LSD de la Fiat 500 jusqu'à la puissante Le mans auto. Can'tb goo comme ça. [/ Quote
Salut compatriote Laurent,
Entièrement d'accord avec vous!
Heureusement que nos BMW ne se comportent pas comme ça!
Félicitations et Merci pour vos setups, très bon travail!
You're GREAT!

MCLAREN F1 GTR KOKUSAI '95 // 650PP // RACING TIRES

A bit faster than the stealth and better easy driving racing line.
Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

6u3o.jpg

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

A Nice of the awesome. Wicked fast & handles very smooth. slides through curves no problems. thanks

I just figured out how to figure out the power and weight of concepts like the FT-1. You know, the ones that hide their power and weight figures?

My 550 PP tune for the FT-1 has 506 hp at an unknown RPM value and weighs 1320 kg. You find out by sorting by HP for one trial and weight on another. Then you find what cars you can modify HP and weight so that they "pinch" the concept between two values; I always take the worst of the two values. I pinched the FT-1 between 506 hp and 507 hp for power; I then pinched it between 1319 kg and 1320 kg for weight. So I concluded it has 506 hp and 1320 kg!

This should be helpful if you ever wish to make a tune for cars like that which allow suspension tuning, like the 2013 Honda NSX Concept. :) (I know the FT-1 does not allow suspension tuning, sadly.)

Now then, to get that hp value I changed the oil and put the power limiter at 99.4%. I added 0 kg of ballast.

Edit: Now I took the NSX Concept and tuned its power for 550 PP. I did not change the oil. The power limiter is at 98.9%. The end result is a car with 557 hp that weighs 1500 kg.

Last edited:
I just figured out how to figure out the power and weight of concepts like the FT-1. You know, the ones that hide their power and weight figures?

My 550 PP tune for the FT-1 has 506 hp at an unknown RPM value and weighs 1320 kg. You find out by sorting by HP for one trial and weight on another. Then you find what cars you can modify HP and weight so that they "pinch" the concept between two values; I always take the worst of the two values. I pinched the FT-1 between 506 hp and 507 hp for power; I then pinched it between 1319 kg and 1320 kg for weight. So I concluded it has 506 hp and 1320 kg!

This should be helpful if you ever wish to make a tune for cars like that which allow suspension tuning, like the 2013 Honda NSX Concept. :) (I know the FT-1 does not allow suspension tuning, sadly.)

Now then, to get that hp value I changed the oil and put the power limiter at 99.4%. I added 0 kg of ballast.

Edit: Now I took the NSX Concept and tuned its power for 550 PP. I did not change the oil. The power limiter is at 98.9%. The end result is a car with 557 hp that weighs 1500 kg.
Really good tip , can be very usefull you´re right.

Going to publish the BMW VISION tune right now.

Front and rear TOE are ridiculous, at least for this kind of car in GT6.
The intro film talk about adapting the car to a video game blablablabla.... For me they never drive the car in the game , or if they have , they don´t have any experience with this.
It´s just a mix of perhaps real life settings and the eternal 10/40/20 LSD used from the fiat 500 till the powerfull Le mans car. Can´t b goo like this.

Laurent ,you're right, but last night I and other italian friends have competed with this new bmw with much pleasure in Rome, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Apricot and Silverstone.
The engine has a lot of torque and also makes possible the automatic transmission.
I put the camber at 0 and mounted the soft racing. The only real failure is the inability to act on the gearbox and the engine sound is fantastic.

Surely you can find a setting that further improves its behavior.
We look forward to your tuning

Thanks mate

Massimo

looking forward to your Nurburgring setup on the BMW Vision. I tried different things last night, but the turn-in remains very twitchy, even with all front softened, and heightened.

BMW VISION GRAN TURISMO // 612PP // RACING HARD TIRES

This is my version of this fantastic car. It have a huge braking potential, so you can reset yours braking points a few meters ahead.

The springs are very close to the maximum value but the car is still soft over the road. Stock values are really too soft , you just have to look at any replay in rear view to check this.

The data logger (setted in RIDE HEIGHT ) show this very well too
Anyway, this is the way i like it, i can stick to any good race car on any track with it safely.

I love it, 6:26.xxx on the ring, have a good drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

bmw-vision-gran-turismo-virtual-race-car-for-gran-turismo-6_100466873_l.jpg

BMW VISION GT.jpg

Hey man so how exactly do you get on the data logger itself I have never been able to use it.
It´s already set on the data logger
-select a replay
-Up left select SET 1 or any of them.
-Go to option
-Go to the chosen SET and open it
-Select
Ride height (rear left)
Ride height (rear right)
Ride height (front left)
Ride height (front right)
-Then you can zoom on the 4 graphics the way you want and check the RH during all the lap.
If it goes too often too low, reaching the minimum value , then your RH and / or Spring stiffness is too low.
Small oscilations during a short period can also show how the dampers are working.

This is my interpretation of this datas, perhaps i´m wrong but i use it and it work fine at the end, it´s a good help for me.
When i was looking the replay rear view of my BMW with low springs and RH, it was obvious that there was a big problem. The data logger just confirm this to me. It was reaching the end of the suspension travel all the time.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

This is my version of this fantastic car. It have a huge braking potential, so you can reset yours braking points a few meters ahead.

The springs are very close to the maximum value but the car is still soft over the road. Stock values are really too soft , you just have to look at any replay in rear view to check this.

Anyway, this is the way i like it, i can stick to any good race car on any track with it safely.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

View attachment 156641

Perfect! 👍

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

View attachment 156641

Amazing ..! I had done some work on the car and it worked better but your set-up is perfect ... you're a wizard .... thanks dude..!!

I'm gonna try that BMW VGT right now. I may stiffen the springs just slightly to compensate for my 20kg ballast on my 600PP set.

Edit: Wow, what an amazing setup! On the stock setup my best lap after about 5 laps was 1:14.1xx. Three laps on your setup brought me a 1:10.2xx. This thing is absolutely blistering in speed! Great work again, @praiano63!

Edit 2: Also, on stock setup I felt like I was always fighting the car. It has a monstrous amount of torque coming out of corners! But your setup felt solid and planted. I could always get on the throttle earlier, and it responded very well to my smooth inputs. :)

Last edited:
The datalogger shows all that info about RH and damping??!!:dunce: Here I thought it was only for G and Throttle&Brake graph. What a revelation, thank you senior Praiano! I'll pay you my gratuity $100+ for your pizza as soon as I come visit your beach with my wife in the near future. I'll be sure to bring my PS3 too.:cheers:

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

View attachment 156641

Thanks. Yes it can be, generally i don´t spend a lot of time testing this. I try to check the difference between engine upgrade and turbo, this one sometime is very benefic, not a few.

I´ve never saw any performance difference beteen triple and double...... at least with the tools we have to check this.
The GT5 test track is not there anymore (for me this is a regression in GT6).
I find a double clutch better for hilly tracks than a triple clutch which is far better on flat tracks and straights. :)

I have one request, of which I probably won't have many, but could you make a 600PP tune for the Mercedes Vision GT Racing Series? I want to see how well it can fight with a 600PP BMW Vision GT. :)

I find a double clutch better for hilly tracks than a triple clutch which is far better on flat tracks and straights. :)
That's odd, I do the same thing with flywheels on lower power cars. Double on hills and triple on flats.
I did some test with clutch & flywheels Standard / double / tripletriple
I´ve used low and medium and high power cars
Each categorie with cars power HP +-= Ft-lb torque and HP > Ft-lb torque

I´ve proceeded like this:
-Take a slope with a reference starting point at the down part and another one at the upper part.
I did this on Mount panorama reverse up the hill last downhill and on the final nordschleife straight ,starting down the last slope till the bilstein bridge as a reference.

-You have to perform a standing start full gas with auto transmission till the last reference point and check your speed at the pass.

My results are the same for all the cars.

Standard clutch = speed X
Double clucth = speed X + 1%
Triple clutch = speed X + 1%

Carbon drive shaft = X speed + 1%

So you will have a gain of speed of 1% with any double or triple clutch for any car any power any torque. (Perhaps some exceptions, i´ve tested only 6 representatives cars selected by range of power and Power x Torque ratio.)

More 1% gain of speed if you use a carbon drive shaft. Carbon drive shaft + double or triple clutch = speed X + 2%

This is my experience about this clutch question.

I have one request, of which I probably won't have many, but could you make a 600PP tune for the Mercedes Vision GT Racing Series? I want to see how well it can fight with a 600PP BMW Vision GT. :)
It can be a very interesting duel if they are really close. I can check how to make them closer if not, it would be very cool to have a PP for both to be able to race them in an online room.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°

Tried your BMW VGT tune last night. Big improvement as are all your tunes. Thanks again. In GT5 you did a great tune for the Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 with RM (Race Mod). Have you looked at doing one in GT6 for the Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09 at about 650 PP with race hard tires?

Bonjour, Laurent.
Ça va?

Have you tested to see if the camber tune has been updated too?
The pit bug was disappeared without PD confirming it existed, so I was wondering if the camber bug was dealt with as well.

Tried your BMW VGT tune last night. Big improvement as are all your tunes. Thanks again. In GT5 you did a great tune for the Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 with RM (Race Mod). Have you looked at doing one in GT6 for the Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09 at about 650 PP with race hard tires?
I will look at it for sure, i have to see if it´s a car as good it was in GT5 where it was really good.
Bonjour, Laurent.
Ça va?

Have you tested to see if the camber tune has been updated too?
The pit bug was disappeared without PD confirming it existed, so I was wondering if the camber bug was dealt with as well.
Ça va bien merci. No change for the camber or for any other physics in 1.07 in my opinion, 0/0 camber = max grip, there is already a polemic thread where people feel some things but don´t proove anything at all about all this.
Camber Theory
Bonne journée.

Hi Laurent!

Once again very good tune BMW VGT!
Finally a real BMW! (how our)
Online with same, she's unstoppable!
Congratulations and Thanks

1 32 7.. is a excellent time with Megane on Motegi Season Event!
shall like meeting you in a room!
(made only 1 33 7..)

A friend from France midi :cheers:

Hi Laurent!

Once again very good tune BMW VGT!
Finally a real BMW! (how our)
Online with same, she's unstoppable!
Congratulations and Thanks

1 32 7.. is a excellent time with Megane on Motegi Season Event!
shall like meeting you in a room!
(made only 1 33 7..)

A friend from France midi :cheers:
Hello.
You´re welcome. I´ve tried to let the BMW as all around as possible and neutral.
I think i am still in the top 100 in Motegi/megane. I had a bit of luck , i just did around 20 laps in 1:33.xxx during the tuning process but i´ve nailed a perfect pass at the chicane in one lap. I think this is the principal key on this circuit.
I´m born in marseille but my family is from gruissan ,south of france too.
Have a good week end.

EDIT: We can race anytime.

Back