Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
re: SUBARU IMPREZA COUPE 22B STI VERSION '98 // 500PP // SPORT TIRES

Tuning sheet shows oil as stock, but it is actually changed. This one was posted December 29th. Maybe danbojte started celebrating a day early, I've never seen an edit get past him before. :cheers:

Love the tune. This is one of those where I seem to just meld with the car. Wish I knew how you do it Laurent. :bowdown:
:lol: I just couldn't keep up the pace with all the tunes. 👍

Edit: Oh, and there should be a dash after the "22B". :lol: ;)

Last edited:
Firstly, let me thank you for all your hard work. Second, I don't know if this is the place to ask, but are you planning on doing a tune for the Bentley Speed 8? Thank you! :)

BMW E92 M3 (BMW MOTORSPORT) 10

Unbelievable GREAT Tune.. Only made couple minor adjustments to suit my style.. Thanks..
Great tunes as always from the master!!

Firstly, let me thank you for all your hard work. Second, I don't know if this is the place to ask, but are you planning on doing a tune for the Bentley Speed 8? Thank you! :)
Yes , the Bentley is on his way together with some others Le mans. You`re welcome.

BMW E92 M3 (BMW MOTORSPORT) 10

Unbelievable GREAT Tune.. Only made couple minor adjustments to suit my style.. Thanks..
Great tunes as always from the master!!
Yes it´s a gret car, i´m vry happy when i discover a gem like this all the time. It´s just the beginning, there is so much more in the game.....
Enjoy your drive.

LEXUS GS300 VERTEX EDITION '00 // 550PP // SPORT SOFT

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°
Praiano63, first of all, you sir are a genius, your tunes are fantastic and my game is far more enjoyable because of your tunes, thank you :-) However i seem to having an issue with some of your figures. Most of your tunes i replicate are spot on, however some are not quite matching up. For instance your above tune for the lexus gs300. I have followed the tune exactly but my transmission settings are not quite as yours. your speed for 1st gear is set as 3,283 All i can achieve is 3,063, your 2nd gear is 2,258, mine is 2,107, your 3rd is 1,618, mine is 1,509 and so on. I have everything else exactly as you have stated. Am i doing something wrong?? As i say your other tunes i have replicated exactly, but some i cant exactly match your quoted gear numbers, your toyota 2000gt is another that my figures dont quite exactly match.

Can you shed some light on this, or anyone else for that matter. Many thanks in advance for your help.

LEXUS GS300 VERTEX EDITION '00 // 550PP // SPORT SOFT

Praiano63, first of all, you sir are a genius, your tunes are fantastic and my game is far more enjoyable because of your tunes, thank you :-) However i seem to having an issue with some of your figures. Most of your tunes i replicate are spot on, however some are not quite matching up. For instance your above tune for the lexus gs300. I have followed the tune exactly but my transmission settings are not quite as yours. your speed for 1st gear is set as 3,283 All i can achieve is 3,063, your 2nd gear is 2,258, mine is 2,107, your 3rd is 1,618, mine is 1,509 and so on. I have everything else exactly as you have stated. Am i doing something wrong?? As i say your other tunes i have replicated exactly, but some i cant exactly match your quoted gear numbers, your toyota 2000gt is another that my figures dont quite exactly match.

Can you shed some light on this, or anyone else for that matter. Many thanks in advance for your help.

As per the tuning sheet, oil is stated to be changed which means you should change your oil first and then try to customize your transmission.

I always suggest you leave the tranny to be the last thing you tune, below is the way i do most praiano tunes and rarely had a mismatch:

1- Tune the suspension and brakes (nothing can affect the figures in these settings)
2-Tune LSD and additional parts
3-tune the body section parts (ballast, aero, weight options if applicable)
4-Tune power section (be sure to add them parts as stated- and compare the PP and HP when done)
5- if you need more PP/HP immediately look at the change oil tab if it states "changed" jump to GT auto and do so
6-return to settings and adjust the power limiter (check the PP/HP again to see if there is any difference, if you find any difference remember that Mr.P lapped this car as stock for miles before commencing his project)
7-Assuming there is no difference, NOW i can tune me tranny (if you did exactly as i stated it's rare that you would notice a mismatch)
8- sign the tune (optional off course -- this is that way i do it "Praiano Tuned -- SS or CH or RX depending on the tire used -- v.1.02 or 1.03 depending on the update version for future references when PD change something or when Mr, P update the tunes")

Hope this would help everyone, taking the opportunity to thank Mr. P for the great work he is doing:cheers:

As per the tuning sheet, oil is stated to be changed which means you should change your oil first and then try to customize your transmission.

I always suggest you leave the tranny to be the last thing you tune, below is the way i do most praiano tunes and rarely had a mismatch:

1- Tune the suspension and brakes (nothing can affect the figures in these settings)
2-Tune LSD and additional parts
3-tune the body section parts (ballast, aero, weight options if applicable)
4-Tune power section (be sure to add them parts as stated- and compare the PP and HP when done)
5- if you need more PP/HP immediately look at the change oil tab if it states "changed" jump to GT auto and do so
6-return to settings and adjust the power limiter (check the PP/HP again to see if there is any difference, if you find any difference remember that Mr.P lapped this car as stock for miles before commencing his project)
7-Assuming there is no difference, NOW i can tune me tranny (if you did exactly as i stated it's rare that you would notice a mismatch)
8- sign the tune (optional off course -- this is that way i do it "Praiano Tuned -- SS or CH or RX depending on the tire used -- v.1.02 or 1.03 depending on the update version for future references when PD change something or when Mr, P update the tunes")

Hope this would help everyone, taking the opportunity to thank Mr. P for the great work he is doing:cheers:

That's how I do it! But I mark them "Praiano 550" or "Motor City 500"

After oil change (if applicable)...
...I do body first because it can affect PP...
...then I do power next, everything else follows that.

Different strokes for different folks...:)
...whats counts in the end, is P63 Bossman's magic touch. :cheers:
99.999% of the time, Mr. Mágico's tunes still rock even if the numbers deviate slightly. :sly:

Last edited:

I have never had a problem with MR P's tunes but occasionally with others. This will solve your problem I hope: if ever you cannot get the the settings specified to get high enough or low enough for a particular gear just adjust the maximum speed up or down a notch and go back and check the gear settings. (You don't have to go through the whole gear box - just check if the maximum speed you have got allows for the first and top gear to be set as per the sheet. This dictates the other gears will have the required range also.) Hope this helps. :)

KTM X-BOW STREET `12 // 540PP // SPORT HARD

Special seasonal tune Eiger.

x-bow-jpg.101220

Last edited:

99.999% of the time, Mr. Mágico's tunes still rock even if the numbers deviate slightly. :sly:

You`re right my friend, this is the wy to do. Thanks for the help.

This KTM is great. Going to publish the R vrsion soon. The seasonal is just a quick tune but it work well. Easy car, 1:05.7xx no SRF.

Amazing! 1:09:020 my first lap, no squid recovery or other assists.

Now if only I could find a NSX tune this awesome!

Last edited:

In fact, I'm using Laurent's tuning sheet completely backward, from the end to beginning. ;) 👍

Hey Praiano,

You definitely create my favourite tunes and I base all the cars I have that you do tunes for on them. Just wondering if you could do some north american tunes i.e. new camaro, new corvette stingray? Just a thought.

Anyway thanks for all the great tunes many of us really appreciate the work and effort you put in.

kntfndme

My time prior to using your KTM tune. 1.09.300. After your tune 1.08.301. I went from 25000th to 5587th. I usually don't try and improve my time when I have gold but I always like the handling of your tunes so thought id give it a spin. Well worth the few minutes it took to shave a second of my time. Excellent job!

I have never had a problem with MR P's tunes but occasionally with others. This will solve your problem I hope: if ever you cannot get the the settings specified to get high enough or low enough for a particular gear just adjust the maximum speed up or down a notch and go back and check the gear settings. (You don't have to go through the whole gear box - just check if the maximum speed you have got allows for the first and top gear to be set as per the sheet. This dictates the other gears will have the required range also.) Hope this helps. :)

I just posted a way to fix the gears. Hope it helps.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/transmission-gear-variance-solved.297484/

Mr.Praiano, just used the setting for the McLaren F1 Stealth Model' and it is an awesome tune! Thanks a lot and for all your hard work!

Mr.Praiano, just used the setting for the McLaren F1 Stealth Model' and it is an awesome tune! Thanks a lot and for all your hard work!
Thanks, youè riht it`s a good car, but the MCLAREN F1 GTR KOKUSAI is better, not about performance but easiest and sfer to drive on the fst line. A real pleasure for any online race or even driving alone on a good technical gripy fast track.
This car make me smile..... a lot.:)👍

That`s true, the level you`ll set your final gear first and after the max speed (auto set) you´ll use, define the available range of each gear ratios.
Matching the exact numbers is not vry important, the way your gearbox is adaptd to the track and to the kind of race you´re doing is yes very important.
For 90% of the cars , taking out some muscles or very high torque cars , the rule is:

If racing with standing start , you need:
A last gear that allow you to reach the top speed needed more room for draft.
A first gear that can perform a quick launch , not to much spin or squat.

If for example ,time attack with rolling start:
A last gear that reach the top speed at max power , or red zone if the power band go till there.
A first gear as long as possible.

All the intermediary gears are spreaded between. For tracks with low speed corners, you can make the first 3 gears closer to prioritize retake, or heavenly for medium to high speed corners track.

To obtain this result you just have to know that:

Low max speed (auto preset) will give you a better configuration for close gear ratios.

and a

High max speed (auto preset) will give you a better configuration for larger range of gear ratios.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Since they are, technically, the same car...

... Yes.
Technically only.The result is that the kokusai is faster due to his safety and better line.

Back