Praiano's GT Sport Garage

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 762 comments
Ferrari 512 BB '76 - N300 or N400 - All around (Update april '21 )

A real sensitive classic MR car. Still easy to drive. Very performant N300 to race with Honda NSX R '92 for example , or any performant top N400.

Enjoy your drive. ><(((((°>°°°°°

Toyota GR Supra '19 - GR4 - All around ( Update april '21 )

Stock was good but a bit tail happy for my skills . Now i did a grip setting , safe , steady on his line. You can drive 100% without surprise.

Somebody know where and how to buy this car ?? I really don't know how i get it . It's not appearing anymore at brand central Toyota garage ... ???

Ferrari 250 GTO '62 - GR X - Sport tires - All around ( Update april '21 )

Stock setting was decent but i wanted a stiffer suspension , more front end grip and more précision at the wheel to place the car . This is the way i love now , i hope you like it too.

Last edited:
1.png

A great option for you to race online with firends this week end. I'm sure you will love those 2 MR bolids.

Just 2 fantastics N200 BOP cars for you to race this week end on the Nordschleife or any where else.
Those 2 MR are top N200 , the fasters of the class , a dream to drive.

The Porsche 911 Carrera RS CS (993) '95 have a bit more grip and a few less top speed & acceleration.
Porsche1.jpg
Porsche2.jpg
Porsche3.jpg

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 have a perfect balance and a great top speed .
Dino1.jpg
Dino2.jpg
Dino3.jpg

Have a good drive and a good week end.

Maserati Granturismo '08 - N500 - Sport tires - All around - (Update April '21)

I love this car, performant at N500, nice cockpit view, good sound.... Real pleasure.

Great to see you back, Mr Praiano! I hope you're happy and healthy and enjoying being back on track.

So happy to see you back doing some tunes. I have to admit; I still find the gearboxes frustrating.

When it comes to that point in your videos, I often can't get the values to match the ones on your screen. I try doing the flip (top speed min, final gear max, then adjusting the values) - sometimes its possible but sometimes I can't even get near your numbers. It would be super useful if you put a note on the vid descriptions telling people how to achieve the gearbox. From what I understand, you don't use the flip on all gearboxes, sometimes you use a reverse flip, sometimes no flip at all. I always find myself wondering:

Do we need to perform the flip?
Do we need to just move the top speed to the one indicated in your screenshot?
Does final gear need to be moved first? last?
Does "build your own gearbox" mean that you haven't tweaked the gearbox settings and its up to us to just play around and find a setting we like?

All these things seem to be ones that we need to guess. A little frustrating!

Anyway thanks so much for all your excellent work man! When I get the gears to match, the cars are always great to drive! I still hope PD give you a job doing the stock tunes for GT7. It would save me sooooooo many hours!!

Great to see you back, Mr Praiano! I hope you're happy and healthy and enjoying being back on track.

So happy to see you back doing some tunes. I have to admit; I still find the gearboxes frustrating.

When it comes to that point in your videos, I often can't get the values to match the ones on your screen. I try doing the flip (top speed min, final gear max, then adjusting the values) - sometimes its possible but sometimes I can't even get near your numbers. It would be super useful if you put a note on the vid descriptions telling people how to achieve the gearbox. From what I understand, you don't use the flip on all gearboxes, sometimes you use a reverse flip, sometimes no flip at all. I always find myself wondering:

Do we need to perform the flip?
Do we need to just move the top speed to the one indicated in your screenshot?
Does final gear need to be moved first? last?
Does "build your own gearbox" mean that you haven't tweaked the gearbox settings and its up to us to just play around and find a setting we like?

All these things seem to be ones that we need to guess. A little frustrating!

Anyway thanks so much for all your excellent work man! When I get the gears to match, the cars are always great to drive! I still hope PD give you a job doing the stock tunes for GT7. It would save me sooooooo many hours!!
Hello . After my stroke it's still difficult to read a long post like your , but i think i understand thw main line.
First i have to say that i don't play so much as before. I share my free time between playing GT , around 30 mn to 1h at night and some others real live physics hobbies , like sailing , surfing , walking on the beach....... My health is my 1st position on the grid now.🙂
So , for the trans flip in GTSport , for sure it's not so important as before like in GT5 or 6. At this moment , only the optimization of your gearbox in the best powerband was enough to have a better performance under acceleration.
After a lot of test in GTS , it's enough to stay in the range between max torque & max power to be performant. It's a larger RPM range for sure and for this reason , the trans flip trick is not so important. Of course you still have to check the power curve to determinate your optimal shifting point.
The most important is to customize some gears to fit any crucial turns. Entering a turn with an optimal rpm to gain grip and also a better acell out this same turn.
To resume :
1st gear setted for a grid start or the slower turn of the circuit (Like hairpin)
Last gear to fit the max speed of this circuit , at max power.
Intermediary gears well staged , giving priority to some crucial turns as described in the upper line.
I hope i was clear enough in my explanation , i better write than i read but the aphasie is still my limitation for express myself.
Have a good day.

Thanks @praiano63 . You have explained nicely how a person can build their own gearbox and what things to look for.

However, my question is different. I am not asking how to build a gearbox.

I am asking how a viewer of your tune video can know if Praiano has built a gearbox for this car, and how the viewer can copy the Praiano gearbox.

To put it very simply; I have so little time to play the game, that I actually do not ever build my own gearbox and I stick to driving Praiano tuned cars where you have already built the gearbox. The problem is that I am often not sure if you have built the gearbox, and how you built it. The videos often do not make it clear.

Does "build your own gearbox", mean that you have not done anything to the stock gearbox and it is up to the user to do it themself?

Thanks @praiano63 . You have explained nicely how a person can build their own gearbox and what things to look for.

However, my question is different. I am not asking how to build a gearbox.

I am asking how a viewer of your tune video can know if Praiano has built a gearbox for this car, and how the viewer can copy the Praiano gearbox.

To put it very simply; I have so little time to play the game, that I actually do not ever build my own gearbox and I stick to driving Praiano tuned cars where you have already built the gearbox. The problem is that I am often not sure if you have built the gearbox, and how you built it. The videos often do not make it clear.

Does "build your own gearbox", mean that you have not done anything to the stock gearbox and it is up to the user to do it themself?
Normally i explain how to do when i post a specific track setting. Those settings have the name of the circuit in the tittle.
When it's named "all around setting" , there is no special gearbox. I just do a basic setting .
For some olders cars , it's impossible to match ratios numbers due to an old update .
In this case , if you really want to build this gearbox , you'll have to base you on the speed showed for any gears.

Normally i explain how to do when i post a specific track setting. Those settings have the name of the circuit in the tittle.
When it's named "all around setting" , there is no special gearbox. I just do a basic setting .
For some olders cars , it's impossible to match ratios numbers due to an old update .
In this case , if you really want to build this gearbox , you'll have to base you on the speed showed for any gears.
Cool! All understood!! Thanks Praiano! You're da man!

Hello my friend. I am writing to you from Russia via google translator. I am sorry for the mistakes. I really like what you do with setting up the cars, it's very cool. I really enjoy riding the Nordschleife in the Gr 4. I have ridden the Mazda Atenza a lot and successfully, it is very fast with your settings. but I already drove 10,000 km on it))))) But I really like Ferrari. Could you tune in to this beautiful car, especially the Nordschleife and RS tires. Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited:
I have spent so long trying to knock a few tenths or a maybe 1 or 2 seconds off my lap time around the 'ring, and its the gearings that I think I am struggling with most. Some great ideas on here.

I have spent so long trying to knock a few tenths or a maybe 1 or 2 seconds off my lap time around the 'ring, and its the gearings that I think I am struggling with most. Some great ideas on here.
What type of car are you using ?, and then we might be able to help you out and I am pretty good at doing transmissions.

Last edited:
Hello my friend. I am writing to you from Russia via google translator. I am sorry for the mistakes. I really like what you do with setting up the cars, it's very cool. I really enjoy riding the Nordschleife in the Gr 4. I have ridden the Mazda Atenza a lot and successfully, it is very fast with your settings. but I already drove 10,000 km on it))))) But I really like Ferrari. Could you tune in to this beautiful car, especially the Nordschleife and RS tires. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello , sorry i'm not playing since a few monthes and i don't pretend to play GTS anymore. No fun anymore with the game. I 'll wait some GT7 feedback before to buy the game.
Have fun and good luck. Thanks @fordlaser for the help. 😉

Hello , sorry i'm not playing since a few monthes and i don't pretend to play GTS anymore. No fun anymore with the game. I 'll wait some GT7 feedback before to buy the game.
Have fun and good luck. Thanks @fordlaser for the help. 😉
I am the same with GTS as you praiano63 but I just play a bit now and then, so I don't go rusty my friend.

Really are you going to wait for feedback before buying GT7 ?, I think a lot of people will buy it because it is going to be a numbered game, and it will bring back a lot of players from the GT6 days I think.

Last edited:
I am the same with GTS as you praiano63 but I just play a bit now and then, so I don't go rusty my friend.

Really are you going to wait for feedback before buying GT7 ?, I think a lot of people will buy it because it is going to be a numbered game, and it will bring back a lot of players from the GT6 days I think.
For me to play GT7 in the future on PS5 :
  • i'll need better physics .
  • Better FFB for my G29 ( i don't know about the others wheels but actually , sensations are so poors)
  • 100% VR playable.

PS5+VR+GT7 = will be a huge amount of money for me. That's why i'll wait a detail feedback and analyse on youtube from my trusted GT gamers friends.

Last edited:
Back