PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,919 comments
It's still a much needed event that I'm happy to finally have in the game. It's 900pp and earns $400,000 ($600,000 with CRB) for about 35 minutes. Before this, I think the highest payout for a 900pp race was $165,000. Sure, it would have been nice if it had the same reward as the 700pp Le Mans at $550,000, but I'm pleased to finally have an event at 900pp that offers a pretty good reward for the time invested.
Yeah don't get me wrong it's still a good thing, it just feels like screaming into a void when we ask for more races with payouts similar to the existing grind races.

Ah well, the dream of it replacing the 30min 700pp le mans for grinding is over. Worse payout, longer time and you actually have to pay attention to keep the CRB active.

Blah.
Its not always about the payout its about having a 900PP tune car to race with what makes the game a bit better. Honestly speaking the 600/700PP Tokyo and LeMans i dont like them because the handling of the car and the racing wheel g923 that i use comparing to 800/900PP SPA/LeMans are way better and based on the Force-Feedback its different experience
It's still a much needed event that I'm happy to finally have in the game. It's 900pp and earns $400,000 ($600,000 with CRB) for about 35 minutes. Before this, I think the highest payout for a 900pp race was $165,000. Sure, it would have been nice if it had the same reward as the 700pp Le Mans at $550,000, but I'm pleased to finally have an event at 900pp that offers a pretty good reward for the time invested.
I second this its about having pleasant change and yea farming credit its not funny in any game so this is not different that any other game that we need to spend countless hours to get the cars ( or gear in other games ) that we want to. for me before today update i would rather spend 1h in SPA than doing 1 Tokyo and 1 LeMans ( i really dont like the Sardegna its too easy and boring track )

The Urus kinda works as it is, even thou the suspensions are on the soft side, wonder what could be improved with a custom suspension setup
I can't get the rear to stop sliding out under braking, unless I lift it to max height (similar to the F150). Really hoping Praiano can work his magic, else I'm selling that beast.

Its not always about the payout its about having a 900PP tune car to race with what makes the game a bit better. Honestly speaking the 600/700PP Tokyo and LeMans i dont like them because the handling of the car and the racing wheel g923 that i use comparing to 800/900PP SPA/LeMans are way better and based on the Force-Feedback its different experience

I second this its about having pleasant change and yea farming credit its not funny in any game so this is not different that any other game that we need to spend countless hours to get the cars ( or gear in other games ) that we want to. for me before today update i would rather spend 1h in SPA than doing 1 Tokyo and 1 LeMans ( i really dont like the Sardegna its too easy and boring track )
When you can fling your car confidently around all the corners in Sardegna, it’s time to move on..

I can't get the rear to stop sliding out under braking, unless I lift it to max height (similar to the F150). Really hoping Praiano can work his magic, else I'm selling that beast.
OMG....I did wide body after tuning, lost all my aero. Rookie mistake, totally my fault. Got it down pretty good now, running 1:50 at trial M at 700pp on RS.

Praiano, do you have a 700PP tune for the GR Corolla with the swapped engine? I believe you were working on it, but other cars and events happened in-between.

You'll have a lot of fun with the new swapped Evos, the new engine makes them even better! I've built a 770PP Evo III with your 700PP tune that's quite competitive at 800PP level.

Also looking forward to what you do with the Audi R8 (700PP or even 800PP).

Last edited:
1711651708467.png

Praiano, do you have a 700PP tune for the GR Corolla with the swapped engine? I believe you were working on it, but other cars and events happened in-between.

You'll have a lot of fun with the new swapped Evos, the new engine makes them even better! I've built a 770PP Evo III with your 700PP tune that's quite competitive at 800PP level.

Also looking forward to what you do with the Audi R8 (700PP or even 800PP).
Yes but need to finished it , it was paused last week for the manufacturers . I'll do it together with EVO VI T.M

Genesis G70 3-3T AWD '22 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks - 1.34

Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide - Offset Wide
Front A - Side A - Wing custom

Top 700PP on SPA and similar tracks.

View attachment 1268378View attachment 1268379View attachment 1268380View attachment 1268381

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Hi @praiano63

No matter what I do the first gear won't go below 5.136/68 using final at 2500 and top speed 200 according to your tune.

Either this patch 1.44 fixed the "gear trick" or was it anything in particular you used for this gear setting to change the first gear?

Last edited:
Can’t wait to try the GT One set up. Love the car, not keen on the understeer though!

I second this its about having pleasant change and yea farming credit its not funny in any game so this is not different that any other game that we need to spend countless hours to get the cars ( or gear in other games ) that we want to. for me before today update i would rather spend 1h in SPA than doing 1 Tokyo and 1 LeMans ( i really dont like the Sardegna its too easy and boring track
I really wish they would have used the old Mulsanne track so we could race group c against the new cars.Would have been fun to try and reach 240 on the straights with the 917K

Last edited:
BTW: This is another good example of where VR shines. I doubt many people, from watching racing on TV or playing games like GT, have any real appreciation for how high and steep the banks are at oval tracks, Daytona especially. First time you do Daytona in VR is an eyeopener much like the corkscrew. It totally blew my 11 year old son's mind driving it in VR after doing flat laps. It's a little scary at first.

And yes, the head tilt... I know exactly what you mean! :lol:
I get what you are saying about how it helps you understand how steep the banks are. But the part about "where VR shines" I disagree with. This is an example of where they fail with VR. Because your view should adjust to how your body is positioned in the car, instead, it locks your view to the horizon which is not natural to how it would be. The view being locked has been attributed to help with motion sickness which I appreciate. However, I firmly believe they should allow more control over those settings so that people can experiment and adjust the settings depending on their level of motion sickness tolerance. As someone highly susceptible to motion sickness, I have learned a bunch of methods to combat it and train myself to have a higher tolerance. I should make the motion sickness video I know that I could and hopefully educate more gamers and developers on how we can manage it.

Hi @praiano63

No matter what I do the first gear won't go below 5.136/68 using final at 2500 and top speed 200 according to your tune.

Either this patch 1.44 fixed the "gear trick" or was it anything in particular you used for this gear setting to change the first gear?
Yes , it seems they "FIX" this the PD way. When something is working good , PD do a sabotage. It's not the first time :banghead: . It's totally broken in a totally stupid way , individuals ratios don't mean anything anymore , impossible to match with the final ratio , it just a big 🤮🤮🤮. Congratulations PD :cheers:.
Sorry but i can't do anything to help , there is no way to set any custom gearbox anymore.
1711664614358.png

Hi @praiano63

You can also use the top speed only , then set 2d gear in the way of 1st at same speed , set the last gear at the same speed also , spread intermediary gears between. 8 gears is to much gears anyway.

I get what you are saying about how it helps you understand how steep the banks are. But the part about "where VR shines" I disagree with. This is an example of where they fail with VR. Because your view should adjust to how your body is positioned in the car, instead, it locks your view to the horizon which is not natural to how it would be. The view being locked has been attributed to help with motion sickness which I appreciate. However, I firmly believe they should allow more control over those settings so that people can experiment and adjust the settings depending on their level of motion sickness tolerance. As someone highly susceptible to motion sickness, I have learned a bunch of methods to combat it and train myself to have a higher tolerance. I should make the motion sickness video I know that I could and hopefully educate more gamers and developers on how we can manage it.
I actually find a lot of that interesting and have thoughts. However, I don’t want to high jack Praiano’s tune thread discussing VR implementation. I’ll hit you up with a DM!

Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 - Gr2 - Maxed - Racing Soft Tires - All track - 1.44
Look like a Gr1 car but it's a Gr2 for sure. At least in GT7. In GT5 it was +900 HP , GT6 this car could reach +1100 HP , i don't know the magic they've made this time.
The original setting is showing a lot of understeer , to correct this , you need to use full front downforce and almost minimum rear downforce to balance the car.
WTC900 using maxed settings , it's a good battle together others GR2 cars. GR1 cars at 900PP are a lot more fast . I did my best , i've spent around 8 hours trying a lot of configurations , this is the one i've enjoyed the most.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240328210535.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240328210556.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240328210618.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240328210629.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 - Gr2 - Maxed - Racing Soft Tires - All track - 1.44
Look like a Gr1 car but it's a Gr2 for sure. At least in GT7. In GT5 it was +900 HP , GT6 this car could reach +1100 HP , i don't know the magic they've made this time.
The original setting is showing a lot of understeer , to correct this , you need to use full front downforce and almost minimum rear downforce to balance the car.
If you want to use it at 800PP , bad news. You'll lose a lot of power for this PP because front downforce increase PP , the low rear downforce too. Forget this kind of range like TWC800. Not performant at all.
The best choice is the WTC900 using maxed settings , it's a good battle together others GR2 cars. GR1 cars at 900PP are a lot more fast . I did my best , i've spent around 8 hours trying a lot of configurations , this is the one i've enjoyed the most.

View attachment 1341192View attachment 1341193View attachment 1341194View attachment 1341195

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I just ran this car for the first time in the new 900pp event on La Sarthe using my personal tune. I'm gonna dial this tune in and run it again! Thanks!

Dunno, I thought it was okay, but then I’m no expert. I tried it on the ring. Missed the first few turns, but then, I was going too fast! It felt fine on the straighter sections. Still, I look forward to a tune. It’s nice to have a new and usable car, especially if she’s fast!
No doubt on she is fast, really quick and push me to the limit in WTC 900 Le Mans, maybe I should apply different driving style to handle this lady :)

Toyota Corolla Levin 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83 - 700PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - SWAP -1.42

SWAP ENGINE : 3S-GTE-MR2

Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide
Offset wide

Front A
Rear B
Wing Custom

Anti lag needed , very peaky engine on this car. Very fast on SPA or any similar track , i did a request with+- similar setting for Tsukuba but with a shorter gearbox of course. Not so good on Le Mans due to high consumption.

View attachment 1323041View attachment 1323042View attachment 1323046View attachment 1323047

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Can you please whether the updates since 1.42 messed the 1st gear manual adjustment as the highest I can now get is 2.298 \ 116?

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX MR GSR '06 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - SWAP -1.44

ENGINE SWAP: Evo-Final-GrB

Wide car
Rims 18"
Rim Wide
Offset Wide

Front B - Side B - Rear A - Wing A

I was looking for compromise HP (speed) x grip on track like SPA or Nordschleife for this setting. If you want to drive a more specific at this 700PP level:
-For faster tracks low front downforce = less front grip + HP(+speed)
-Technicals turny tracks more front downforce = more front grip - HP (-speed)

- For maxed settings of course , Max front downforce and low the rear downforce till you like the balance. Up to you.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240329093514.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240329093538.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240329093547.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240329093556.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Is there a setup for the Lamborghini Urus for this week's challenge on Fisherman's Ranch
Sorry , no dirt settings , i don't drive this kind of events. I'm very bad on dirt.
Hi @praiano63,
I have an upcoming race of:
Suzuka, 5 fuel, 5 tyre, 1hr race only car allowed is the rb2019 any ideas for gearbox/setup?
After the new update messing with gearbox setting , i don't have any idea.
I only know the stock gearbox is almost perfect and very well staged , with a perfect retake any gear out most of mains turns of the track.

Sorry , no dirt settings , i don't drive this kind of events. I'm very bad on dirt.

After the new update messing with gearbox setting , i don't have any idea.
I only know the stock gearbox is almost perfect and very well staged , with a perfect retake any gear out most of mains turns of the track.
Thanks anyway. Keep up the good work

I concur entirely about Sardenga. The track and event is far too easy (after you've run it a couple dozen times) when weighed against the incredible performance of the cars that can be used in the event, which just happen to be among best ever in racing history as well as Gran Turismo history (R92, 787, 962). It becomes auto pilot. It's why I vastly prefer Tokyo if I'm gonna simply race to grind for credits. It's always challenging (wet, narrow, strict CRB conditions), and you can run pretty much every iconic road car from the 1950s to the 2020's, so it doesn't have the same repetitive feel like Sardenga.

Last edited:
Back