PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,918 comments
This is exactly this. VR is fantastic but not performant enough for racing. Too much informations to process . I'm sure that if real racing driver could step over the roof or bump of his car to check the clean stable view , he would do it.
This is 2 way to play , VR is for incredibles uniques sensations , flat screen is for performance. The difference of lap time is not so big , around 1 second for a 2 minutes lap +-.
Also the lack of racing informations in the VR don't help for racing for the moment.
I totally get you on the lack of information in VR. It's my biggest gripe. I haven't really done the online racing thing so I don't know how much of a deal breaker that would be for me.

But, also, I think I'm faster in VR than on flat screen. I feel I can judge things better, and my times definitely improved after I got VR... but maybe that's just getting better in general. I guess I'd have to go back to flat screen and do a comparison, but there would be a big learning curve to re-adjust to the different angles and views in 2D before a valid comparison could be made.

But, I'm like @KipDog, once I got the PSVR2, I never looked back and have been racing only in VR ever since :)

Horrible first race tonight , wrong choice of tires , 3rd place , i' ve put INTER for start , it was showing a lot of rain but the rain didn't travel , static during 1st lap , result last place.
I waste my tires 100% , first stop for INTER again and gas. 2d and 3d lap with INTER , fast pace back to 11th place .
End of lap 3 , I decide to try racing tires , rain stoping but still a lot of rain on track. I went out the trace and spin. Few rain coming again. Out of the race.
2 wrong choices but i had to take risks due to my first bad choice. Sometime it work...... or not.
One thing. Definitively this radar is a joke. Don't trust any move of those clouds. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Horrible first race tonight , wrong choice of tires , 3rd place , i' ve put INTER for start , it was showing a lot of rain but the rain didn't travel , static during 1st lap , result last place.
I waste my tires 100% , first stop for INTER again and gas. 2d and 3d lap with INTER , fast pace back to 11th place .
End of lap 3 , I decide to try racing tires , rain stoping but still a lot of rain on track. I went out the trace and spin. Few rain coming again. Out of the race.
2 wrong choices but i had to take risks due to my first bad choice. Sometime it work...... or not.
One thing. Definitively this radar is a joke. Don't trust any move of those clouds. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah I was watching TheKie's videos from their races today. That rain just took forever to move in one race. Then in the other, it was showing rain almost on the whole track,some dark blues, but he was hardly noticing it. PD is crazy. :lol:

Finally a good strategy.
Qualif Racing hard , after 2/3 of the last lap 2 , rain and dance. TheKie25 did 2 laps with inter but when i try i burn 100% of the inter tires.
No problem , pos 7 for the start is not a problem with racing hard and dry track.
Lap 2 pit and inter , full gasoline , waiting for the rain. Half track eating your tires but it come and you have to deal with your gasoline , tires till the end for 4 laps. I finished with 0% rear tires but it's drivable.

This race pay only 225 points , my low points are 230 , so i'll do another last race , with hope for more points.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240323221323_1.jpg

A fantastic last race , 5 laps on dry track. I wrecked my car during during 1st lap of qualification , not enough time to go back to the box , last 14 th position on grid.
After a thrilling race , back with the leading pack , i've finished 4th half second behind of the 3rd and 10 seconds from 1st position.
This was one of best satisfactory race in my GT life. I loved the Porsche a lot. Waiting for the next season very soon i hope.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240324070429.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240324081227.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240324072836.jpg

Plymouth Superbird '70 - 700 PP - Racing Hard tires - Ls Mans / Daytona - SWAP - 1.39

ENGINE SWAP - HELLCAT CHARGER

Wide car

Rims up to you
Offset Wide
Rims wide

-Custom parts
-Front B

Lap 4:04 Le Mans FM6 , nice drive and good performance on Daytona. Lack of grip for turny track.

View attachment 1298123View attachment 1298124View attachment 1298125View attachment 1298126

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Have you tried to do a tune for this car without the swap? If so, how did it go?

Have you tried to do a tune for this car without the swap? If so, how did it go?
SWAP is the better version , at 700PP it's a very good car. With stock engine the car is not so good at 600PP, a lot of wheel spin due to power curve and not performant .
I like it at 460PP for Alsace mission race. I'll publish for it soon.

@praiano63 Good day mister! You wouldn't happen to have a tune for the renault r.s.0.1 '16 hiding somewhere would you? "=D

The one in the attachment that's not the Gr.3 one ... If you do i'd be mighty gratefull LOL ... Thaaank you... three cheers for the maestro! vroom vroom!

Attachments

• rs01.jpg
    rs01.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 4
@praiano63 Good day mister! You wouldn't happen to have a tune for the renault r.s.0.1 '16 hiding somewhere would you? "=D

The one in the attachment that's not the Gr.3 one ... If you do i'd be mighty gratefull LOL ... Thaaank you... three cheers for the maestro! vroom vroom!
Hello. Yes , i'ts already done since a few days together with 2 others road cars. I was training manufacters last days , no settings. I'll finish it and post it very soon.

Plymouth Superbird '70 - 460 PP - Comfort mixed tires - Alsace mission - 1.43

Wide car

Rims "17
Offset Wide
Rims wide

-Custom parts
-Front B

To use with superior power range , use the SWAP Engine version. This engine have a weird torquy power range turn the car very difficult sometime because of this.
It's a very good and pleasant car for Alsace mission. It can do 25 laps easy , during my test i had some problems with my wheel (No gears i had to restart it)

Gran Turismo® 7_20240325162641.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240325162650.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240325162658.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240325162705.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240325162003.jpg

I've lost around 20 seconds due to a fail of my wheel that i had to restart. Estimate time 1:00.45 seconds
Gran Turismo® 7_20240325161947.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
I totally get you on the lack of information in VR. It's my biggest gripe. I haven't really done the online racing thing so I don't know how much of a deal breaker that would be for me.

But, also, I think I'm faster in VR than on flat screen. I feel I can judge things better, and my times definitely improved after I got VR... but maybe that's just getting better in general. I guess I'd have to go back to flat screen and do a comparison, but there would be a big learning curve to re-adjust to the different angles and views in 2D before a valid comparison could be made.

But, I'm like @KipDog, once I got the PSVR2, I never looked back and have been racing only in VR ever since :)
One thing that helps me understand the TV vs VR issue with Praiano is that he has 24 years of experience playing Gran Turismo without VR. I too played racing games since the 90s, but not regularly, and not Gran Turismo. I was never very good at using joysticks to steer and never had a wheel. So there were large multiple-year gaps between the times I tried out different racing games. The PSVR2 and motion steering on the controller were a massive game changer for me and the key ingredients to finally see what I have been missing for all these years. Whenever I try to race outside of VR it takes me back to that feeling of amateur-level gameplay. Outside of VR, the only way I drive even halfway decent is to use Chase Cam. I'm hoping Sony doesn't continue on this path of failure with PSVR2, because I can't imagine life any other way but VR Cockpit view.

RCR Civic have this specific problem i was talking about in the upper post. Ths car have a decent chassis even if the fix downforce don't allow to play with balance . It's possible to set it at a good level using only suspension and a few front ballast.
The big problem is the wheel horrible wheel spin that turn the car undrivable , losing your driving line or any acceleration performant against any others FR , MR , RR cars. I hate this sensation. The car is not guilty , we know that FF cars don't drive this way in real life. Polyphony digital is 100% guilty with their stupid lost of grip in GT... all GT games since ever.
I have a setting at 550PP , at this level of power the chassis can speak freely without any problem. I 've never published this car , it's able to fight others 550PP of my garage , like Renault R5 Turbo or others.

Sorry i don't understand what you're asking for exactly. You want GR1 same models ? Based on PP ? Or Older GR1 x News ???
I remember some good races under BOP during some daily races a few monthes ago...
Hi, thanks for the reply... yes I understand what you are saying about the machine. You're talking about a 550 setup that you have. Would you be kind enough to pass it on to me so I can try to see if it improves at least a little? I am going crazy. He wears out tires in 3 laps and drinks like a sponge.
petrol isn't a problem but tire wear is a lot. Thank you

Last edited:

Wide car

Rims up to you
Offset Wide
Rims wide

-Custom parts
-Front B

To use with superior power range , use the SWAP Engine version. This engine have a weird torquy power range turn the car very difficult sometime because of this.
It's a very good and pleasant car for Alsace mission. It can do 25 laps easy , during my test i had some problems with my wheel (No gears i had to restart it)

View attachment 1340348View attachment 1340349View attachment 1340350View attachment 1340351View attachment 1340352
I've lost around 20 seconds due to a fail of my wheel that i had to restart. Estimate time 1:00.45 seconds
View attachment 1340353

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
You have to make sure the wheels are 17" or it won't work. Just built it so I'm gonna go try her out.....Thanks Boss!

Last edited:
To use with superior power range , use the SWAP Engine version.

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I read this line and went and purchased a 3rd Superbird which I then widened its body and swapped the engine. I should have looked over the whole tuning sheet first. Doh!

Wide car

Rims "17
Offset Wide
Rims wide

-Custom parts
-Front B

View attachment 1340348View attachment 1340349View attachment 1340350View attachment 1340351View attachment 1340352
View attachment 1340353

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Okay, y’all gotta stop with this nonsense. To use the ‘Bird anywhere other than the Daytona oval proper (NOT THE ROAD COURSE despite what some weekly challenges would have you believe), is blasphemy.*

Taking her full speed around the banks is ear to ear smiles. Driving her outside an oval is like tying a boat up to the dock just as some douchebag zooms by ignoring the “no wake” zone signs. Yeah, it’s doable, but you curse under your breath nonstop.

*If GT ever adds Talledega, that too is acceptable.

Okay, y’all gotta stop with this nonsense. To use the ‘Bird anywhere other than the Daytona oval proper (NOT THE ROAD COURSE despite what some weekly challenges would have you believe), is blasphemy.*

Taking her full speed around the banks is ear to ear smiles. Driving her outside an oval is like tying a boat up to the dock just as some douchebag zooms by ignoring the “no wake” zone signs. Yeah, it’s doable, but you curse under your breath nonstop.

I laugh to myself when I think of Gran Turismo saying it's "the real racing simulator".....The original Superbird had 600lbs on the nose and the wing had 700.The Charger Daytona had the same on front but 1200 on the back! ....No wonder they were banned...lol

I saw a comment where someone said they hoped Motegi would be added to the next update. I Googled it, saw a straight Oval race, and immediately thought "I hope they don't add that." I find oval race tracks and that style of racing quite boring. The only thing that keeps the non-road course version of Daytona from being a snooze fest for me is the awkward viewpoint in VR and my need to tilt my head to compensate.

I saw a comment where someone said they hoped Motegi would be added to the next update. I Googled it, saw a straight Oval race, and immediately thought "I hope they don't add that." I find oval race tracks and that style of racing quite boring. The only thing that keeps the non-road course version of Daytona from being a snooze fest for me is the awkward viewpoint in VR and my need to tilt my head to compensate.
You do know it's called Twin Ring,right? It has a road track. We had it in GT4,5 and 6. I enjoyed Motegi on past GT's.

You do know it's called Twin Ring,right? It has a road track. We had it in GT4,5 and 6. I enjoyed Motegi on past GT's.
I did notice that. It doesn't change the fact that adding that track would include some more events in just the oval part of the track. I'm still very new to GT and caring about racing at all. Hearing that it was in the last 3 GT games does give me some assurance that the road course part of the track must be good if people were enjoying it and hoping for its return. Because the video I saw was from IRacing and after 2 minutes I was convinced it would easily be my least favorite track if it appeared in the game.

Back