Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
Hi there. I finally registered and want to take the opportunity to say thank you Mr Praiano for all the great setups you shared with us.
Also, I appreciate to met Cy yesterday in his great clean room. Race on people, I'll join regulary from now on (if I don't run my own room, where you people are welcome as well, of course).
Can't await GT6 as well, great races to come! :)
You're welcome. I just don't hope to have the same big job in GT6 to set a car i like to drive. It seems that the overall balance is much better together with the driving feeling. Let's wait and see. I'm sure we'll have to fix and fine tune a lot of things even like this.
I'm also waiting for a better connection in a few days. Then i'll spend a lot of my free time in online rooms for sure. Cy room is a must.:cheers: 👍👍

Hi there. I finally registered and want to take the opportunity to say thank you Mr Praiano for all the great setups you shared with us.
Also, I appreciate to met Cy yesterday in his great clean room. Race on people, I'll join regulary from now on (if I don't run my own room, where you people are welcome as well, of course).
Can't await GT6 as well, great races to come! :)
It was a pleasure to have you join us. We're always looking for good clean drivers, who enjoy their racing 👍

I'm going to be short of time this week, I have a bit of travelling to do for work. I am waiting for my copy of GT6 to arrive in a few weeks, so hopefully we'll see you there too, along with all the regulars and anyone else that wants to join...

You're welcome. I just don't hope to have the same big job in GT6 to set a car i like to drive. It seems that the overall balance is much better together with the driving feeling. Let's wait and see. I'm sure we'll have to fix and fine tune a lot of things even like this.
I'm also waiting for a better connection in a few days. Then i'll spend a lot of my free time in online rooms for sure. Cy room is a must.:cheers: 👍👍

Thank you Sir, you guys make the room, I just hold the keys (and wield the big stick at the inconsiderate drivers :mischievous:) I like having somewhere that I can race in safety, free from overly inflated egos and the banter can be hugely entertaining..!!

Hopefully I can find some time this week, rest assured I'll be on whenever possible :cool:

{Cy}

I'll try & join a room asap. 👍 Internet connection coupled with the weather haven't made things that easy lately. Headsets, I see... :)

BMW M3 '04 // 450PP // SPORT HARD

bmw_logo_1.jpg

63pv.jpg

M3-Logo.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°

Racing Hards, my friend?!!! :ouch: :scared:

SHELBY GT350R '65

Downforce 00/00

Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 3890 (STOCK)
3- Select top speed at 340 km/h = 211,3 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 2379
2: 1706
3: 1276
4: 0990
5: 0796

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 313 km/h = 194,5 mph

Tracks: All around / adapt with final gear to each track

power 572 hp
weight 1055 kg
perf. points 552 pp

LSD Rear 25/25/10

Ride Height: Front +30 / Rear +40 OFFLINE

Spring Rate 9.0/6.0
Extension 7/2
Compression 8/3
Anti-roll bars 5/7

Camber 2.0/2.5
Toe -0.12/+0.18

Brake Balance 6/3

tires R3/R3

Enjoy.

This is a wonderful tune, as are all of yours. My question is this. You always say to adjust final drive to the track. On most cars this works but on this one, and a few others that I've tried, the lap times are faster at Grand Valley, for instance, with your original settings. If I adjust the final drive, I can't get close to the same lap times. Is there any physical reason that you can think of for this? It doesn't make sense but that's what I have found. Thanks for all of your amazing tunes, Master P!

Looking back at the early days of this garage

Wow... How times have changed. Hoping to see you tune a Huayra in GT6, and not hog all that gold dust for the FXX :lol:

This is a wonderful tune, as are all of yours. My question is this. You always say to adjust final drive to the track. On most cars this works but on this one, and a few others that I've tried, the lap times are faster at Grand Valley, for instance, with your original settings. If I adjust the final drive, I can't get close to the same lap times. Is there any physical reason that you can think of for this? It doesn't make sense but that's what I have found. Thanks for all of your amazing tunes, Master P!
Hello, first ,thanks for the kind words.
Yes you're right, this car is very special, the huge torque at 5000 RPM need to be explored at each retake. You also have to shift early before the red zone at maxi 6500 RPM, that why the very long gears.
Try this one , it's a real pleasure and also more performant "all tracks".

SHELBY GT350R '65

power 572 hp
weight 1055 kg
perf. points 552 pp

Racing soft tires

Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 5.500
3- Select top speed at 180 km/h = 112 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 2.588
2: 1.977
3: 1.550
4: 1.253
5: 1.044
Then final gear again at 2.500
It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 371 km/h = 230 mph

VERY IMPORTANT, SHIFT AT 6500 RPM

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

Looking back at the early days of this garage

Wow... How times have changed. Hoping to see you tune a Huayra in GT6, and not hog all that gold dust for the FXX :lol:

Sure i'll tune a lot of super cars like this first, they are my favorites always. We just need to wait some more time to discover the news physics....👍:confused:👍

When will you have a tuning app on iphone/ipad?

Sorry , i don't think we'll have for Iphone, my friend Daisey take care of this APP thing and this is the answer he gave a few time ago for the same question.

No worries mate. Don't forget you should still get the updates for the app if you have it on wifi. iOS development has come to a halt due to the requirements and costs of Apple: with such a niche product we will unlikely overcome the costs considering the time put into the app. Always keeping open arms for it though, especially in the future.

Cant wait for GT6 to get delivered to my door. This will make me 50% happy. Then when i find Mr P's first tunes and use them i will be 110% happy. always a pleasure to drive the cars you tune MR P.

Long live the fish.

Congratulations on getting GT Planet tune of the week, my friend! 👍 BMW M3 '04 submitted by your personal quality controller! :lol:

Good stuff & well deserved, IMO! :cheers:

Thanks, this M3 is a real gem, i'm happy to have found a good competitive range for it. Personally, i was using most of the time the CSL and GTR but only in a higher PP range.

You're right , Dan is the best quality controller ever.

Cant wait for GT6 to get delivered to my door. This will make me 50% happy. Then when i find Mr P's first tunes and use them i will be 110% happy. always a pleasure to drive the cars you tune MR P.

Long live the fish.
I'm sure it will be a great game. I think i'll receive it around day 11 or 12.This is the Senna edition pre sale. It'll be sent from south Brasil and the post office here is very slow, due to the size of the country and some logistics problems.
So the first tunes will come before the end of the year after breaking the GT6 tuning physics.

Have a good day.

><(((((°>°°°°°°

First quick tune for the NSX R PROTOTYPE LM ROAD CAR special seasonal.
It's still far away from the 1:30.xxx but i'm 1:34.412 for the moment 84th.
The car will be on share soon, here is the first quick setup.

550PP
TIRES COMFORT SOFT
TRACK : SPA

417HP 8300
270 ft/lb 8200

1230 KG no ballast

RH 0/0
SR 18.0/18.0
EXT 8/8
COMP 7/7
ARB 2/2
CAMBER 1.0/2.0
TOE -0.30/0.30
LSD 5/5/30
DOWNFORCE 35/60
BRAKE 9/9
POWER LIMIT 81.6%

GEARS
RESET
FN 5.500
TOP SPEED MINIMUM 200 KMH
1ST 3.631
2D 2.940
3D 2.363
4TH 1.926
5TH 1.593
6TH 1.351
THEN FINAL GEAR AGAIN AT 3.765

TOP SPEED UP RIGHT 280 KMH

Good luck everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°

Last edited:
It seems you did it again, Praiano! GTP Tune Of The Week is your Toyota Supra SZ-R '97, once again recommended by Danbotje. Congrats! :cheers:

Thanks, this M3 is a real gem, i'm happy to have found a good competitive range for it. Personally, i was using most of the time the CSL and GTR but only in a higher PP range.

You're right , Dan is the best quality controller ever.

Have a good day.

><(((((°>°°°°°°
I'm still taking credit for pointing the car out to you :sly: Dan and Ron have my settings at the moment, I'm hoping Mr Quality Control has taken it for a spin. It's a great car and I like that it is very close to being stock. My car is a little different to yours, I left the weight default and run it with a close ratio gearbox, so you can listen to the stereo whilst you're racing :mischievous:

{Cy}
PS - I think it was actually GT_Hurricane that I first saw racing the M3 in our lobby, so the credit probably goes to him...

I'm still taking credit for pointing the car out to you :sly: Dan and Ron have my settings at the moment, I'm hoping Mr Quality Control has taken it for a spin. It's a great car and I like that it is very close to being stock. My car is a little different to yours, I left the weight default and run it with a close ratio gearbox, so you can listen to the stereo whilst you're racing :mischievous:

{Cy}
PS - I think it was actually GT_Hurricane that I first saw racing the M3 in our lobby, so the credit probably goes to him...

I didn't find the time for that spin Cy, but ASAP, I will, for sure. 👍

It would be better to publish those settings in your garage (or Clueless), even if they aren't final - you can add an "In Progress" mention to them. That's because it's easier to reach the settings and it's more clearly. For example I didn't know about your choice about the weight and transmission. That's just a suggestion, you choose what's best for you. :cheers:

Last edited:
Awesome that you should make a seasonal tune.! I was just hunting in your garage for cars to try.
Thanks a million!
You're welcome. The car like this stick to the 1:32.xxx ghost ,talking about grip, top speed and accel, but it need to be safer during change of direction to be able to drive more agressivelly. I'll try to resolve this problem later ..

It seems you did it again, Praiano! GTP Tune Of The Week is your Toyota Supra SZ-R '97, once again recommended by Danbotje. Congrats! :cheers:
Nice thanks, the SZ-R was already a very good car stock. Perfect for beginner, with it you'll feel how react a FR car in GT5 the easy way.

{Cy}
You're right, it's like this most of the time , you can discover a car that work good in a certain PP range by yourself testing it, or racing in another online room with somebody using a specific very fast configuration.
I think we can play more 5 years GT5 and still discovering this kind of bolids. 1000 cars X 9 kind of tires X 200kgg ballast position = A LOT OF SETTINGS POSSIBILITY.:scared:.
I have more one car in this case. The RGT 450PP dirty oil is 7:43.xxx also the Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) ’63 (that will be a premium in GT6 :cheers:)
..............The list is long !!! I'll test your tune against my ghost to check. The close ratio gearbox is ok when using a huge amount of power limiter and it don't hide the stock engine sound. That's a very good option for some good sounding cars.

I didn't find the time for that spin Cy, but ASAP, I will, for sure. 👍

It would be better to publish those settings in your garage (or Clueless), even if they aren't final - you can add an "In Progress" mention to them. That's because it's easier to reach the settings and it's more clearly. For example I didn't know about your choice about the weight and transmission. That's just a suggestion, you choose what's best for you. :cheers:

Thanks again Dan for the tune of the week. I don't know if you've try my last SUZUKI GSX-R but this is one of my top 5 car. Performance and pleasure to drive.
I discover it the same way, japanese racing it full weight more full ballast, in a room at Suzuka and staying 2 seconds behind per lap....:lol:

Have a good day everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°°

Thanks again Dan for the tune of the week. I don't know if you've try my last SUZUKI GSX-R but this is one of my top 5 car. Performance and pleasure to drive.
I discover it the same way, japanese racing it full weight more full ballast, in a room at Suzuka and staying 2 seconds behind per lap....:lol:

><(((((°>°°°°°°

No, Lau, I didn't yet. :embarrassed: I'm not sure I have it in my collection because I'd avoided it all the time - I know it's a fast car but I've considered it odd, at least, because I never knew how to get in that car, which is the back and which is the front?! :lol: In my opinion, a car has to be beautiful or at least, cool. :sly:
I'll try it too, when I'll have the chance. 👍

Last edited:
If
No, Lau, I didn't yet. :embarrassed: I'm not sure I have it in my collection because I'd avoided it all the time - I know it's a fast car but I've considered it odd, at least, because I never knew how to get in that car, which is the back and which is the front?! :lol: In my opinion, a car has to be beautiful or at least, cool. :sly:
I'll try it too, when I'll have the chance. 👍

Don't worry, i'll send it to you. I like the sardine can concept ><(((((°>°°° and shape of this car. Talking about ugly thing, if i can jump into a Nissan SILVIA 240RS (S110) ’83 and feeling a a lot of pleasure , nothing else can stop me.
I drive with roof top cam and i never see the rest when on track. What's making me happy in this game is the driving line and the feeling of my G27. Sound also is important. Look????? just a few and beauty is really subjective..... so ???!!!
Sure it's not fair to race the GSX-R against other cars at this level like a 111R, but it's a fantstic driving sensation, perhaps the best or one of the best of the game. SUZUKI GSX-R/4 CONCEPT // 500PP // SPORT MEDIUM TIRES

Why not opening a room just for it ?? I'm 100% sure we'll have a ton of fun racing it.

Have a good day.

You're right, it's like this most of the time , you can discover a car that work good in a certain PP range by yourself testing it, or racing in another online room with somebody using a specific very fast configuration.
I think we can play more 5 years GT5 and still discovering this kind of bolids. 1000 cars X 9 kind of tires X 200kgg ballast position = A LOT OF SETTINGS POSSIBILITY.

I have more one car in this case. The RGT 450PP dirty oil is 7:43.xxx also the Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) ’63 (that will be a premium in GT6 :cheers:)
..............The list is long !!! I'll test your tune against my ghost to check. The close ratio gearbox is ok when using a huge amount of power limiter and it don't hide the stock engine sound. That's a very good option for some good sounding cars.

><(((((°>°°°°°°
I've seen a lot of people running the RGT and it seems fast, but mostly I see people driving sideways in them!! I'll look forward to your settings. I love the RUFs, just wish we had normal Porsches to play with.

The M4 requires very little limiting to use the close ratio 'box (I think mine is around 92%). The key is to find cars that achieve between 168-181mph with the close ratios, anything above or below that won't work. It works best on cars that are close to 450PP without any modifications 👍

I didn't find the time for that spin Cy, but ASAP, I will, for sure.

Not a problem, my friend, I'll post it later today as my last ever GT5 build. Honestly, it will be the last one this time..!!

See you on the track...

{Cy}

If

Don't worry, i'll send it to you. I like the sardine can concept ><(((((°>°°° and shape of this car. Talking about ugly thing, if i can jump into a Nissan SILVIA 240RS (S110) ’83 and feeling a a lot of pleasure , nothing else can stop me.
I drive with roof top cam and i never see the rest when on track. What's making me happy in this game is the driving line and the feeling of my G27. Sound also is important. Look????? just a few and beauty is really subjective..... so ???!!!
Sure it's not fair to race the GSX-R against other cars at this level like a 111R, but it's a fantstic driving sensation, perhaps the best or one of the best of the game. SUZUKI GSX-R/4 CONCEPT // 500PP // SPORT MEDIUM TIRES

Why not opening a room just for it ?? I'm 100% sure we'll have a ton of fun racing it.

Have a good day.

But, but, Sir, I enjoy a lot, and I mean a lot, the replays (I hope in GT6 for a better control for them - slow motion etc.). ;)
Personal preference: I like to know what I ride. :sly:
And yes, maybe that room will be nice. 👍

I've seen a lot of people running the RGT and it seems fast, but mostly I see people driving sideways in them!! I'll look forward to your settings. I love the RUFs, just wish we had normal Porsches to play with.

The M4 requires very little limiting to use the close ratio 'box (I think mine is around 92%). The key is to find cars that achieve between 168-181mph with the close ratios, anything above or below that won't work. It works best on cars that are close to 450PP without any modifications 👍

See you on the track...

{Cy}
I'll post my RGT dirty oil then no sideways but perfect line.
The close ratio gearbox is only a stock custom gearbox with the same ratios numbers and top speed..... but without the annoying "Star Wars vessel" noise. It's a ery good gearbox but can be better for peaky engine. Still OK for a "torquey" one..

Back