[PRC] PTCC Parity Touring Car Championship • Amarynceos is Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter Tijee
  • 333 comments
Round 7 Results

PTCCS1R7.png

We had a low attendance but good battles - the most important after all ;)

I beat @amarynceos by .014 in my last qualifying lap and won the first place in the grid :P I had some very good laps during the races too, and managed to earn the point for fastest lap in both races.

However, my standing start is still terrible and I always lose my position after a few hundred meters :grumpy:

My first race was bad... I lost control in the very first lap and almost caused an accident with @Ray P 89 who almost had to stop to avoid me... Sorry about that @Ray P 89! We had some good fights then, while @hobbsy and @amarynceos were battling for the first place. @hobbsy eventually got it, while I finished last after another terrible mistake. @Ray P 89 had some laps about 1 second under the capped time though, leading to huge penalties!

We were only three drivers for the second race but it was close! Unfortunately, I 🤬 it up when I bumped @amarynceos because I misjudged his braking distance, then I slightly bumped @hobbsy while overtaking... Not very clean, I deserved a 5 seconds penalty added to my time penalties for getting under the capped time on a few laps.

As we talked about all this with the people concerned, I already updated the overall standings. @amarynceos seems in good position to win the title, but @hobbsy will surely do everything possible to prevent it!

See you at Suzuka! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
The realisation of the actual facts before me have now sunk in... (Along with a little mathematics!)

As I see it, the maximum points available from a race weekend is 33 (15 each race, and 1 pt for fastest time in each of the 3 sessions)
@amarynceos is 15pts ahead of me in the Championship, with his max champ points being fixed at 168 assuming I can take all possible points from the last round, this will then allow me to replace my weakest round of 19 pts, with the maximum of 33pts...

The maths bit... 33 - 19 =14, :(

Therefore it just leaves me to say,

Congratulations to our PTCC season 1 Champion... @amarynceos

Round 8 announcement

Even if we already know who is the winner of this first season, we'll have a last trip to Japan this Friday, for glory ;)

Track: Suzuka East (25 laps)
Weather: Dry
Capped time: 0'53.500

See you for this last round before another exciting series! :)👍

Last edited:
I'm sure the time will be fine, however I've yet to turn a lap... I've saved a spot for tonight though.

However It's looking like I'll not be able to make the last race(s) :( The wife has been away all week, and returns tomorrow night around 9pm... Here's hoping she is either too tired to care, or Delayed by 4 hours! ;)

Laters

I'm ready for tomorrow, 245hp only. Very fast in the corners but it will be hard to keep the position in the straight!

Round 8 Reminder

url

The final countdown

Here we are, the checkered flag of this first season of PTCC is in sight! Tonight will be the 8th and last round, in Japan!

The room will open around 21:45 GMT for the warm-up. The 5 minutes qualifying session will start at 22:15, followed by two races of 25 laps each. You will have a few minutes between the two races in case you need to adjust your setup. Don't be late, I will start on time (if ever you are late, you can still join the second race)!
  • Track: Suzuka East, dry
  • Capped time: 0'53.500
  • Max. 380bhp
  • Min. 1100kg
  • RH/RM/RS tyres
  • All available aero parts required
  • Number plate required
  • All aids allowed
  • Do not cut corners and avoid contact

See you guys on track! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
My brake pedal issues, which I thought I had fixed, are back in full force. Looks like I have to unmount and disassemble my pedals to clean them more thoroughly, what a pain! :( I don't think I have the time needed to do that before the flag drops, so good luck!

edit:

Congratulations to our PTCC season 1 Champion... @amarynceos

Thanks hobbsy, was a close run thing!

Last edited:
Hi there! I'll be able to start the race weekend sooner this Friday: 21:00GMT instead of 22:00GMT. Would it suit you guys? Let me know... Cheers!

Hi guys, its been a busy week for me (work and home) so not really had opportunity to do any practice runs, I don't know if any of you guys get Hay fever, but I've been suffering quite badly these last two weeks, so this is not helping my enthusiasm.

If I can make it I will, but as of now please don't count on me being there. Sorry for the lack of commitment guys, It will return, I promise.

Laters

Hi guys, its been a busy week for me (work and home) so not really had opportunity to do any practice runs, I don't know if any of you guys get Hay fever, but I've been suffering quite badly these last two weeks, so this is not helping my enthusiasm.

If I can make it I will, but as of now please don't count on me being there. Sorry for the lack of commitment guys, It will return, I promise.

Laters

No problem @hobbsy, it's just a game. Get well soon! :)👍

:bowdown: What a final duel! It may have ended up just being me and @Tijee for most of the last race, but we had a cracking battle, swapping the lead back and forth, and finishing just over a half a second apart. I had a monster on the straightaway, he had a killer car through the esses, and it made for some fantastic racing. Best battle of the season, for me, and a good finish for the PTCC. :cheers:

Now I can put my Peugeot to pasture, with over 1,700 miles on the clock for this series. o_O; It's been fun, but I'm so ready for some RWD action now. :D

Latest Posts

Back