[PRC] PTCC Parity Touring Car Championship • Amarynceos is Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter Tijee
  • 333 comments
Round 6 Announcement

In agreement with the teams, the PRC committee decided to introduce a one week break in the PTCC. Round 6, which was planned for this Friday, will therefore take place on next Friday, June 5th.

According to the spokeperson of the PRC, this week off will allow the drivers to "have some good time, sleep, drink beer, or do some other disgusting or illegal activities that are none of [his] concern."

Anonymous source reports that the owner of the Laguna Seca circuit told the PRC committee that they were "a bunch of 🤬", asking them " how the 🤬 he would repay the tickets he had sold", but concluding that "hopefully, those 🤬 🤬 spectators would kill their mom to see some Parity Racing".

Stay tuned :)👍

Has anyone been able to do any testing on Laguna Seca?

I've been back since Saturday night, but so far have had little to no-time for gaming, aside for a quick half hour to download updates etc, i'm yet to turn the wheels of my Alfa on US soil!

I would be interested to see if people have had to play around with the settings to achieve the target time?

I'm out tomorrow night for a meal, and not sure what time I have tonight so I may only have opportunity to run some quick laps before the race on Friday, See you guys then 👍

Hey @hobbsy, we've had some practice yesterday night with @Ray P 89. I'm quite consistent now with the VW at 355BHP. I've also been trying with the other cars, and it seems good to me too. As usual, let me know if you guys have issues with the capped time.

Laters

This sounds like a really interesting championship.

I think I can make it to the races, so if it is ok I would like to join with the Peugeot and #8

Hi @aruizb, you're welcome to join :cheers:

We race every Friday at 22:00 GMT. This week's event will be at Laguna Seca.

There is a lap capped time you must not get under, in order to create close races. At Laguna Seca this capped time will be 1'32.000, so you'll have to setup your Peugeot to be close to this time but never be faster (otherwise you may receive penalties applied to your final time). It is recommended to have some testing before race day if you can, to be consistent and setup your car the right way. The capped time is very dependant on the track, the car and the driver, so if you realize that despite your efforts you're not able to reach the capped time (meaning you'll most likely be off pace), please tell me and I will adjust the capped time so everyone can have fun whatever his level.

You are free to tune your car as you wish, the only regs are max. 380bhp, min. 1100kg, race tyres only, all aero parts required, number plate required. All aids are allowed.

The event is about 1h/1h30 long, including 15min warmup, 5min quali, and 2x20/25 min races. The grid order for the second race is based on the reverse finish order of the first race. We try to race as clean as possible (2 wheels on track, avoid contact).

Feel free to ask if you have questions :)👍

EDIT: I forgot the regs about the tyres (in bold)

Last edited:
Welcome to the first series of the Parity Racing Club:

Parity Touring Car Championship

Every Friday @ 22:00 GMT

thrux4_9fy5_0.jpg

The PTCC tries to pay tribute to some of the most famous Touring Car Championships across the world, with cars and tracks that have become legendary!

1. Parity Racing

The PTCC will comply with the Parity System, well-proven in the WRS/3D3 championship:
  • A capped lap time is set before the race, depending on the track.
  • Every competitor must ensure he's not faster than this capped lap time during the race.
  • Any car setup is allowed, but the drivers may use the power limiter and/or ballast in order to comply with the capped lap time.

2. Cars

alfa-thumb.jpg

Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06

ford-thumb.jpg

Ford Focus ST '13

honda-thumb.jpg

Honda Civic Type R '08

peugeot-thumb.jpg

Peugeot RCZ '10

volkswagen-thumb.jpg

Volkswagen Scirocco R '10

volvo-thumb.jpg

Volvo C30 R-Design '09

All the cars must comply with the following regulations:
  • Max. 380bhp
  • Min. 1100kg
  • Race tires (soft / medium / hard) or Wet tires only
  • All available aero parts installed
  • Number required
The aero parts models, rims, and setup are entirely up to you, as long as you comply with these regulations and you are not faster than the capped lap time.

3. Circuits
  1. Brands Hatch Indy - 25 laps
  2. Red Bull Ring Short Track - 20 laps
  3. Twin Ring Motegi East - 15 laps
  4. Silverstone National - 20 laps
  5. Tsukuba - 20 laps
  6. Laguna Seca - 15 laps
  7. Nürburgring GP/D - 15 laps
  8. Suzuka East - 25 laps
4. Race settings
  • All aids allowed
  • No boost
  • Real grip reduction on track edge
  • Real slipstream
  • Light damages
  • Normal tire and fuel depletion
  • Normal time progression
  • Fixed weather (weather will be unveiled before the race)
  • Grid start with false start check

5. Procedure of a round

The PTCC will take place in 8 rounds, each round consisting on 2 races on a same circuit. The number of laps will depend on the circuit, for a 50km race. The round will go as follows:
  • Practice - 15 minutes (the lobby will open a few minutes before for those who need more practice)
  • Qualifying - 5 minutes
  • Race 1 - around 20 minutes, Fastest First (order of qualifying time)
  • Race 2 - around 20 minutes, Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results (reverse order of Race 1 finish)

6. Point system

1st - 15 points
2nd - 12 points
3rd - 10 points
4th - 8 points
5th - 6 points
6th - 5 points
7th - 4 points
8th - 3 points
9th - 2 points
10th - 1 point
Pole Position - 1 point
Fastest Valid Lap - 1 point​

7. Penalties

The Parity Racing Club encourages clean racing. Penalties will be applied in the form of seconds added to the final time of a driver in the following situations:

Capped lap time not respected* Extra time x 10
(for example: 1'18 instead of 1'20
= 2 x 10 = 20 seconds penalty)
Corner cut +5 seconds
Unfair blocking or contact (pushing/leaning) +10 seconds
* Except in case of slipstream. Also, if a drivers gets under the cap time during the qualifying session, the penalty will be applied to the first race.

Repeated rules violations can lead to a ban from the Parity Racing Club.

You're all welcome to join. If you're interested, please join the Parity Racing Club and let me know which car and number you'll take! :)👍
The old Parity Racing idea is back! Ran across this by accident and just wanted to let you know you guys can use anything you like from my old DeadNutsEven Racing Club, which was the forerunner to BrandonW77's Parity Club. It was the most fun I had racing because it didn't matter who you were racing against, everyone could get to the finish line in the same time as you. It was a terrific concept pioneered by @mike 5927 with the Parity Racing and Hot Lap Series.

Here is our intro video...good times:). Best of luck fellas, if you need any help feel free to PM me:

For what it's worth, this is what I'm running on the Peugeot now:

1,105 kg
270 hp
474 pp
RH tyres

Power:
Semi-Racing Exhaust, Isometric Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic Converter: Sports, Mid RPM Turbo, 95.0% limiter

Suspension:
70/75
6.00/5.00
5/4
4/5
4/1
0/0
-0.15/+0.05
Brakes 2/2 (abs 0)

Drivetrain:
12/20/20

Transmission:
1. Set Final Gear to 6.000
2. Set Max Speed to 112
3. Adjust individual gears
4. Adjust final gear to suit track (I'm running it at 4.300 at Laguna)

The actual ratios will vary depending upon what HP you need to run; these are what I'm running currently:

1st: 2.700
2nd: 1.900
3rd: 1.500
4th: 1.250
5th: 1.055
6th: 0.900

I was running comfortably between 1:32.0 and 1:32.4 with this setup, though I was 2 tenths up on the 32.0 once or twice.

I've stiffened it up somewhat (I was running springs at 4.75/4.25 in the previous couple of rounds) but it's still quite soft and compliant; I'm sure the springs could be stiffened up quite a bit more.

I'm sure someone with a better idea of what works for setups would come up with something different, but this works for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the setup @amarynceos

The car feels better, I was able to lap constantly between 32.2 and 32.4, except for a lap that went down to 31.8 and a couple of laps with mistakes.

Good, you should be able to keep pace :)👍 Keep in mind that you will receive penalties for each lap under the capped time, for example 31.8 would give a 2s penalty (32 - 31.8 = 0.2 x 10 = 2).

It is better to be slightly above the capped time as you are now. The room will open around 21:45 GMT and the qualifying session starts at 22:15 so you'll have another 30 minutes practice to get consistent and adjust the car if you need to.

@aruizb @Koempel @Ray P 89 @gkgamer @Cu3e @amarynceos @hobbsy @BooyakaDragon @lxmmy @FrankySmalls

Round 6 Reminder

url

Brace yourself, fear the corkscrew!
Heyyyyy guys, let's get back to business! Tonight is the 6th Round of this PTCC season!

The room will open around 21:45 GMT for the warm-up. The 5 minutes qualifying session will start at 22:15, followed by two races of 15 laps each. You will have a few minutes between the two races in case you need to adjust your setup. Don't be late, I will start on time (if ever you are late, you can still join the second race)!
  • Track: Laguna Seca Mazda Raceway, surface water 0%, weather 0%
  • Capped time: 1'32.000
  • Max. 380bhp
  • Min. 1100kg
  • RH/RM/RS tyres
  • All available aero parts required
  • Number plate required
  • All aids allowed
  • Do not cut corners and avoid contact (no foolish move in the corkscrew!)

See you guys on track! :gtpflag:

@aruizb @Koempel @Ray P 89 @gkgamer @Cu3e @amarynceos @hobbsy @BooyakaDragon @lxmmy @FrankySmalls

Round 6 Reminder

url

Brace yourself, fear the corkscrew!
Heyyyyy guys, let's get back to business! Tonight is the 6th Round of this PTCC season!

The room will open around 21:45 GMT for the warm-up. The 5 minutes qualifying session will start at 22:15, followed by two races of 15 laps each. You will have a few minutes between the two races in case you need to adjust your setup. Don't be late, I will start on time (if ever you are late, you can still join the second race)!
  • Track: Laguna Seca Mazda Raceway, surface water 0%, weather 0%
  • Capped time: 1'32.000
  • Max. 380bhp
  • Min. 1100kg
  • RH/RM/RS tyres
  • Number plate required
  • All aids allowed
  • Do not cut corners and avoid contact (no foolish move in the corkscrew!)

I should be there :)

Good fun, I always enjoy racing at Laguna even if it can be devilishly hard to pull off a move.

I forgot to say in the lobby, sorry @aruizb for getting into your rear bumper going into the Andretti hairpin on lap one. I got into the pedal too much, locked up and slithered right into my fellow Peugeot. :embarrassed: Thankfully it didn't affect much!

Race One was an exercise in consistency as I just hit my marks almost every lap. Race two I though was gone after the first couple of laps... I found myself in last place, several seconds adrift and unable to find that same rhythm, but a Series of Unfortunate Events happening to all of my fellow racers eventually landed me on the top step of the Podium!

Nice race day once again, thank you all! :)👍 I'll try to post the results and make my race report tomorrow (actually it's already "tomorrow" for me, I mean Saturday). To be brief, the first race was a disaster for me, while the second was nearly perfect ^^

Meanwhile, I'd like to share my thoughts with you on a new penalty system, more "permissive" on "magic laps". For now, if you achieve a magic lap by .2, you will get a 2 seconds penalty. This is a lot and it can ruin your race if your opponents are close behind you. Just because of one magic lap, which should be considered as a good thing (if it does not happen too often of course).

Here is how penalties are calculated now:
CT = capped time
LT = lap time
Lap Penalty = (CT - LT) * 10

Here is how I'd like to calculate the penalties:
N = total number of laps faster than the capped time
CT = capped time
LT = lap time
Lap Penalty = (CT - LT) * N

Example A:
You run a magic lap, faster than the capped time by 0.2xx. Let's say, 1'31.8 instead of 1'32. All the other laps are good, this one is the only one that was "too fast".
N = 1
CT = 1'32
LT = 1'31.8
Penalty = (1'32 - 1'31.8) * 1 = 0.2
Actually, you are "forgiven" 1 magic lap, the penalty being just the difference with the capped time, as if you had achieved a "perfect" lap of 1'32.000.

(With the current system the penalty would be 0.2 * 10 = 2s)

Example B:
Now, you run three fast laps:
N = 3
CT = 1'32
LT1 = 1'31.80
LT2 = 1'31.95
LT3 = 1'31.90
Lap1 penalty = (1'32 - 1'31.80) * 3 = 0.2 * 3 = 0.6
Lap2 penalty = (1'32 - 1'31.95) * 3 = 0.05 * 3 = 0.15
Lap3 penalty = (1'32 - 1'31.90) * 3 = 0.1 * 3 = 0.3
Total = 1.05s penalty

(With the current system the penalty would be 0.2 * 10 + 0.05 * 10 + 0.1 * 10 = 3.5s)

And so on... The more you are compliant with the the capped time, the fewer "penalty multiplier" you get. This is supposed to "forgive" a few fast laps and reward the consistent drivers who manage to rarely get under the capped time.

So, what do you think? Just in case you like it, would you like to see it applied at the next race, or at the next season only?

Last edited:
Happy with my performance today, as it was my first event and without many practice I wasn't expecting very much.

Race 1 was pretty calm, was very surprised to do a 31.5 lap (never believed I could go that fast).

Race 2 was really exciting, very close racing but sadly a mistake entering the corkscrew costed me the race.

Looking foward for the next race!

@Tijee , not sure about that free ticket for one fast lap... I feel it leaves opportunity to strategize. But then again it might make very interesting races :)

Now that this is on the table. What if driver who notices going below capped time gets without penalty if his next lap is exactly same time or more slower than capped time.

In other words driver can negate the gained time next lap and so not get any penalty. This could maybe only used once in a race?

In my first race in the series I went too fast and when I realised that my concentration was lost and next lap was half a second slow because of that. Then I got a huge penalty as well :embarrassed:

Edit: I went to sleep early and missed the race. It was a long day at the "office".

Last edited:
@aruizb I'm glad you liked it, welcome again! :cheers:

@Cu3e I'm not sure, I'm afraid that it leads to "accordion" races: fast lap, then slow lap to negate, fast lap again, then slow lap... It can get very strategic too. I don't know, it seems less exciting to me than pushing and fighting hard at every lap, but it could lead to more overtaking too...

I am fine with what ever you decide 👍

Just thought some kind of gentleman way of keeping the decision on track would be nice. What I thought of might not be the best way to achieve that.

Your proposal is still interesting @Cu3e! I'll wait for the others to give their opinion too.

Round 6 Results

PTCCS1R6.png

These results will become official on Monday.
Please PM me before then if you have complaints.

Laguna Seca is a hell of a track! It was so difficult for me to be consistent - mainly because I didn't practice enough!

Race 1 was utterly pathetic for me, I made huge mistakes, had very slow laps and very fast laps, resulting in huge penalties. A race to forget! :yuck:

Race 2 was more interesting: I had dropped 10BHP to stay above the capped time, and the car was easier to drive - or maybe I had just found my rhythm. I had a very good race, defending my first place all along... until the very last lap. :banghead: Crazy mistake, in a turn I usually don't even care about. I guess @amarynceos put too much pressure on me and I eventually overdrove. I was at the third place and I somehow saved the second place by overtaking @hobbsy with a desperate move in the very last turn.

Anyway, that was difficult but still fun, with a close second race.

Next week we'll go back to Europe, in Germany, at the famous circuit of Nürburgring! It will be the GP/D version, not the GP/F!

Stay tuned! :)👍

I like the proposed new penalty system @Tijee, as for @Cu3e suggestion, it fair but I would suggest it requires a judgement call as to how slow you go etc. And if you did.
I think if there was anyway to void the fast laps it would be with a drive through.

Plus I like the idea of persistent time breaking will result in a greater penalty.

As for Laguna Seca, enjoyed the track, hated having to manage my laptimes... so much so I completely forgot and misjudged in the first race, and ended up nearly a second quicker on one "magic" lap... (the magic being that, I was barely even trying to go fast, was just hitting those Apex's)

As for the last race, last lap, last corner... the place was yours anyway by way of my penalties :(

Laters

Gentlemen, Friday we'll run on the famous circuit of Nürburgring, in it's shortest layout (GP/D) for 15 laps.

The capped time will be 1'36.000, no rain expected.

The official event is here.

See you on track! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Gentlemen, tonight we'll be flying off to Germany for this 7th and penultimate round of the PTCC!

• Track: Nürburgring GP/D, surface water 0%, weather 10%
  • Capped time: 1'36.000
  • Max. 380bhp
  • Min. 1100kg
  • RH/RM/RS tyres
  • Number plate required
  • All aids allowed
  • Do not cut corners and avoid contact (beware in the first corner!)

Back