• 333 comments
France
France
Tijee31
Welcome to the first series of the Parity Racing Club:

Parity Touring Car Championship

Every Friday @ 22:00 GMT

thrux4_9fy5_0.jpg

The PTCC tries to pay tribute to some of the most famous Touring Car Championships across the world, with cars and tracks that have become legendary!

1. Parity Racing

The PTCC will comply with the Parity System, well-proven in the WRS/3D3 championship:
  • A capped lap time is set before the race, depending on the track.
  • Every competitor must ensure he's not faster than this capped lap time during the race.
  • Any car setup is allowed, but the drivers may use the power limiter and/or ballast in order to comply with the capped lap time.

2. Cars

alfa-thumb.jpg

Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06

ford-thumb.jpg

Ford Focus ST '13

honda-thumb.jpg

Honda Civic Type R '08

peugeot-thumb.jpg

Peugeot RCZ '10

volkswagen-thumb.jpg

Volkswagen Scirocco R '10

volvo-thumb.jpg

Volvo C30 R-Design '09

All the cars must comply with the following regulations:
  • Max. 380bhp
  • Min. 1100kg
  • Race tires (soft / medium / hard) or Wet tires only
  • All available aero parts installed
  • Number required
The aero parts models, rims, and setup are entirely up to you, as long as you comply with these regulations and you are not faster than the capped lap time.

3. Circuits
  1. Brands Hatch Indy - 25 laps
  2. Red Bull Ring Short Track - 20 laps
  3. Twin Ring Motegi East - 15 laps
  4. Silverstone National - 20 laps
  5. Tsukuba - 20 laps
  6. Laguna Seca - 15 laps
  7. Nürburgring GP/D - 15 laps
  8. Suzuka East - 25 laps
4. Race settings
  • All aids allowed
  • No boost
  • Real grip reduction on track edge
  • Real slipstream
  • Light damages
  • Normal tire and fuel depletion
  • Normal time progression
  • Fixed weather (weather will be unveiled before the race)
  • Grid start with false start check

5. Procedure of a round

The PTCC will take place in 8 rounds, each round consisting on 2 races on a same circuit. The number of laps will depend on the circuit, for a 50km race. The round will go as follows:
  • Practice - 15 minutes (the lobby will open a few minutes before for those who need more practice)
  • Qualifying - 5 minutes
  • Race 1 - around 20 minutes, Fastest First (order of qualifying time)
  • Race 2 - around 20 minutes, Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results (reverse order of Race 1 finish)

6. Point system

1st - 15 points
2nd - 12 points
3rd - 10 points
4th - 8 points
5th - 6 points
6th - 5 points
7th - 4 points
8th - 3 points
9th - 2 points
10th - 1 point
Pole Position - 1 point
Fastest Valid Lap - 1 point​

7. Penalties

The Parity Racing Club encourages clean racing. Penalties will be applied in the form of seconds added to the final time of a driver in the following situations:

Capped lap time not respected* Extra time x 10
(for example: 1'18 instead of 1'20
= 2 x 10 = 20 seconds penalty)
Corner cut +5 seconds
Unfair blocking or contact (pushing/leaning) +10 seconds
* Except in case of slipstream. Also, if a drivers gets under the cap time during the qualifying session, the penalty will be applied to the first race.

Repeated rules violations can lead to a ban from the Parity Racing Club.

You're all welcome to join. If you're interested, please join the Parity Racing Club and let me know which car and number you'll take! :)👍

Last edited:
Drivers

#8 @aruizb (Yo-2099) - Peugeot RCZ
#14 @Koempel (Dino00603) - Honda Civic
#25 @Ray P 89 (RP892012) - Honda Civic
#27 @gkgamer (gkgamer) - Volvo C30
#33 @Cu3e (bergele) - Volvo C30
#42 @amarynceos (GTP_amarynceus) - Peugeot RCZ
#79 @hobbsy (Nemesis-Reaper) Alfa Romeo 147
#87 @Tijee (Tijee31) - Volkswagen Scirocco
#91 @BooyakaDragon (Booyaka91) - Ford Focus
#96 @lxmmy (mikeylam) - Honda Civic
#99 @FrankySmalls (Franky-Smalls) - Honda Civic

Standings

PTCCS1Ranking8.png

Last edited:
Hi @Tijee, thanks for the heads up (on old thread) I'd like to try and get in on this action.

Put me down for number 79 please, PSN = Nemesis-Reaper.

Just one question, which will be the preferences method of communication, on here :gtplanet: or the community area on GT6?

Look forward to seeing more details and how this develops, for now you have my support and hope to see you on track.

Edit: I'll start looking at the cars tonight.

Hi @hobbsy, glad to have you on board! Feel free to talk about the Parity Racing Club around you to recruit other drivers! :cheers:

Just one question, which will be the preferences method of communication, on here :gtplanet: or the community area on GT6?

I find the GTPlanet forum more convenient, all the info about the incoming events, rankings, rules, will be announced here. However it will be required to join the events in the Community Club. :)👍

Last edited:
Hi @lxmmy, it will depend on the registered players but due to my own schedule it will be either on Friday or Saturday, at 10:00pm GMT.
I'm currently racing in two leagues on Saturday so I can't make it for Saturdays but if it's a Friday then I can make it. :)

I'm currently racing in two leagues on Saturday so I can't make it for Saturdays but if it's a Friday then I can make it. :)

Great, welcome then! :cheers: I will try on Friday preferably as it's the best for me too.

Please join the Parity Racing Club and choose a car and a number. I'll post more info in this thread before the first race.

See you :)👍

Great! :) I will join the club as soon as possible and could I have the number 96. :cheers:

I will post later about what car I will use.

Hello @Tijee , thanks as well for the heads-up on the old parity club thread, and colour me interested. A Friday slot at 10 p.m. GMT would fit perfectly in my schedule, and I've been itching for some parity racing for some time -- but too lazy to get it organized! :lol:

Put me down for #42 and a Toyota 86. I'll join the club soon. 👍

Hello @Tijee , thanks as well for the heads-up on the old parity club thread, and colour me interested. A Friday slot at 10 p.m. GMT would fit perfectly in my schedule, and I've been itching for some parity racing for some time -- but too lazy to get it organized! :lol:

Hi @amarynceos, welcome aboard! :cheers:

That's two from @BrandonW77 old crew, we should try and rustle the rest up too! Maybe even try and persuade the old dog to switch his PC off and fire up the triple PS3's for a return to some GT Racing ;)
As great a bunch of guys it was, and I personally had some of my best racing with Brandon, it would also be good to attract new blood. But there is no denying, the bigger the grid the better the chances of success!

Best of luck to @Tijee with this, I hope we can help make it work.

Currently I'm still torn on which car to pick, but to add to the above, Friday's will work for me too. 👍

That's two from @BrandonW77 old crew, we should try and rustle the rest up too! Maybe even try and persuade the old dog to switch his PC off and fire up the triple PS3's for a return to some GT Racing ;)
As great a bunch of guys it was, and I personally had some of my best racing with Brandon, it would also be good to attract new blood. But there is no denying, the bigger the grid the better the chances of success!

Thanks @hobbsy I'm so motivated by this club and this series, I really hope there will be a nice grid! Glad to hear that you have some experience in such championships, it will certainly be valuable! :)👍

Currently I'm still torn on which car to pick, but to add to the above, Friday's will work for me too. 👍

I don't know which car to choose either :P Great for Friday, we'll stick to it then!

Maybe, but not likely. I'm selling two of the PS3's to buddies and due to my current wheel setup I have to use the craptastic T300 pedals on the PS3 which is not exactly enjoyable. Also, my rig is in pieces right now because I just moved. Glad to see you guys have found a place for parity racing though! :cheers:

@Tijee feel free to PM me with any questions about parity racing, or use any info from my parity thread. It can be a bit tricky but it produces the best racing you can have. 👍

Still torn between the two RWD cars!

Can I be cheeky and ask if you would consider adding any other cars for this class? I would like to see inclusion of others, but please do not feel as if this is criticism, purely just observation and hence the question!

Cheers

Edit: Further thoughts and questions, so I may as well ask now!

Fatest lap time bonus point, is this in race or qualifying? have you considered other factors i.e. if it falls below the capped lap time?
How are you going to review, post race penalties? By a diver reporting system or review process etc.
I always feel as if i'm being critical or negative when I ask questions like this, but its purely to explore and understand how to make all this work in the most productive way.

Lastly, I see you've added Cape Ring for some practice 👍, do you have any days/time in mind or will it just be the Friday at 10pm as planned for the actual racing? Looking forward to getting on track again (time permitting) and running some laps with the club :cheers:

Last edited:
Still torn between the two RWD cars!

Can I be cheeky and ask if you would consider adding any other cars for this class? I would like to see inclusion of others, but please do not feel as if this is criticism, purely just observation and hence the question!

Cheers

Actually I'm still waiting for the Test Race to see whether the RWD cars have an advantage over FWD cars. If so, I already think about 2 other FWD cars that could replace them. But even if this is not the case, I can consider adding these 2 cars to the list. However, I don't know what cars you were thinking about but I'll try not to include two cars of the same manufacturer, and if possible keep a balance between US / EU / JP cars.

We'll see right after the Test Race if you don't mind. :)

Last edited:
im getting a bit bored with FH2 and am thinking I might fire up the PS3 again... Could I theoretically use a CRZ or something?
Or:
Acura Integra '01
SEAT Ibiza Cupra '04
Golf GTi '05
Clio RS '11
would be good additions

im getting a bit bored with FH2 and am thinking I might fire up the PS3 again... Could I theoretically use a CRZ or something?
Or:
Acura Integra '01
SEAT Ibiza Cupra '04
Golf GTi '05
Clio RS '11
would be good additions

Hi @Thomas__633, these are cars I've already thought about. However, I forgot to mention that I'd like to have only premium cars in the list.

As stated above, I'd like to wait for the first Test Race, then change some cars if needed.

If you're interested in taking part in this series, don't forget to join the Parity Racing Club :)👍

All Aids off?? Not even ABS 1???

I think you misread ;) All aids are allowed! As it's question of Parity Racing I want this series to be beginner-friendly. As long as you respect the capped lap time, you can use all the aids you want.

All Aids off?? Not even ABS 1???

All aids are ON apparently... it will be pretty interesting (I used a LOT more aids on GT6 than FH2...)
just realised that that is 7.30am over here... if you moved it down two hours I could do it, and then id probably drive the Scirocco with the number 63...

Just a question, how well this parity system works and is there any race vid i can look at?

I had something like this in mind for future serie/racing but i couldn't see a Parity Race to evaluate it; also we usually race with just abs allowed.

I think you misread ;) All aids are allowed! As it's question of Parity Racing I want this series to be beginner-friendly. As long as you respect the capped lap time, you can use all the aids you want.
Sorry, Yes I did misread it.. So ABS is allowed.. I just wanna use ABS 1.. Do you have a race schedule yet?? Do you know when first race will be?? or a test race??

so how do we win if we can't go too fast? is it all about not stacking it and doing a terrible lap?

A race is far from being a Time Trial :) It's very difficult to achieve 15 or 25 perfect laps in a race, even more with other competitors defending their position, forcing you to change your racing line, putting pressure on you...!

Just a question, how well this parity system works and is there any race vid i can look at?

I had something like this in mind for future serie/racing but i couldn't see a Parity Race to evaluate it; also we usually race with just abs allowed.

Here is a video:

Last edited:
Do you have a race schedule yet?? Do you know when first race will be?? or a test race??

Not yet, I'm waiting to have around 8-10 signed drivers ideally. We are 4 at the time, maybe 5 with a friend of mine from another forum, and maybe 6 with you :)

Back