Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
There's already a few vid links. But just in case no one found it gametrailers has it in HD and downloadable (though it can be found on the PSN too).
And just to say -
The cars look fantastic. I've never seen shadows INSIDE the cars. The detail is exceptional - you can clearly see the drivers movements, the display on the dashboard etc. Lighting and reflections are spot on.
Not convinced what you hear is the actual game sounds but I'm hoping the sound will be greatly improved, there's really no reason why not apart from lazyness on the part of PD.
All we need to see now are improved environments and real hands on gameplay. Next week can't come soon enough.

Now that all the excitement of seeing something new is calming down, what do we really have to show for it? A Very pretty version of something we already have. I am starting to agree with some of you here in saying that we haven't seen a truely updated game.

I don't think most of you complained about the "look" of GT4. It was all about the game play and how it could be better. At least with GTHD you had a drift mode which was truly new.

The sound is most likely not in game just as the intro for GT4 as already mentioned. I'll still be the first in-line to buy it, but I want something better then just a pretty looking game.

Well that was boring and completely uninspiring.
They only did what they did with GT4 and fake the sounds in the opening movie and the gameplay sounds were nothing like it.

This may or may not be the case. But the presence of the ambient sound in the cities gives me a feeling PD may pay more close attention to sound this time around

Ben Aracin
I love how the fans here just say "PD doesn't have to show anything" etc or "if they do then everyone else will know how to beat them".
Everyone else on PC and consoles ALREADY know how to beat them, that's why the are selling good.
Only six cars? please, unless a patch appears to upgrade to minimum 24 then this will be the final GT as far as i'm concerned and it won't even tempt me to buy a PS3, not even a little bit.
Looks like the PD camp are still making really pretty graphics take center stage to once again distract from a lack of anything else.

If I'm not mistaken, PD's closet console rival Forza 2 only has 8 cars on track at once which seems to be the same amount of GT5. And I'm sure PGR4 doesnt have much more on track. So how else is Forza 2 and PGR4 beating GT5? Damage? KY has already said there will be damage. They just haven't showed it yet because it's probably a little further down on their to do list.

I've created a thread in the past that asked if PD was concentrating too much on graphics and not other features. The point is 90% of gamers will buy GT5 because how awesome it looks and not by how many cars it has on track at once. PD is looking where the $ is

Ben Aracin
Like others said more will be known in a few days.
I was more hyped by the other Playstation news than this, and that is not good.

Like I said in an earlier post, PD probably put very little effort in this trailer, and are probably more focued on TGS than E3. After all, they are hyping GT5 Prologue, not GT5.

Ben Aracin
Like a poster mentioned, where is the GTHD vision with at least 18-20 cars?
The pit crew moving around doing tire changes etc?
No customization, liveries etc?
Also if this 8 cars on track is all it gets then it looks like us offline folk get scewed again.

GTHD with 20 cars was GT4 quality cars and tracks in high definition. GTHD was cancelled some time ago. As for pit crew moving around, the trailer showed the pit crew moving around a car. CG? Maybe, but its a very good chance that was real time as well

Ben Aracin
Hopefully the next show will up everything as ye PD DO HAVE to show features off as they are so far behind, even if they showed off everything the above poster mentioned it would only be catching up, not bringing anything NEW to supposed sim racing.
Boy it sure LOOKED PRETTY, and those sounds were overlayed awesomely as well.

You thought GT5 Prologue looked pretty, that's all they wanted you to think. It would have been nice if they showed more, but instead of jumping to conclusions that there is no more to show because that's it let's give PD some time to show their whole hand. I would love to have new features like damage, day night changes and weather. There is still a good possiblity alot of those features will make it into the final game. I'm not going to judge GT5 Prologue and GT5 over a 60 second teaser.

With that said, I would buy GT5 Prologue if all it consisted of was a few dozen cars, half a dozen tracks and online mode. I don't think only having 8 cars makes it a bad game. It could have been better if there were more, but this is not a perfect world and a perfect game. Sorry

The pit crew moving around doing tire changes etc? (That was already seen in GT4, duh..)
No customization, liveries etc? (This is Gran Turismo, not NFS or such ricer ripoff..)
Boy it sure LOOKED PRETTY, and those sounds were overlayed awesomely as well. (it's still a teaser demo, not the final product. now, go back to your Forza, if the red rings of death allow it.)

there we go.. :D now i feel better that I have answered to this totally ignorant post.

I find it funny how unrealistic peoples expectations are, 24 cars minimum, please. It'd be running PS2 graphics to accomplish that, the PS3 isn't infinitely powerful. If the XB360 could only manage 8 cars per race in Forza 2 I think that's where comparisons should start. GT5 looks better, a lot better than Forza2 from that vid and thoes pictures. So already with just 8 cars it's looking like it's asking for more from the CPU for the graphics. The physics and AI we know nothing about yet.

And you Red Oak, get a grip man. You should know that all we're going to get for a long time is just teasers and glimpses.

The first info on PGR4 released was that it would have variable weather. There's was nothing specific about cars to be included, tracks, motorbikes. All we had was a couple of videos and pictures showing the weather effects and a small handfull of cars. Nothing more than that. Likewise, we've seen two new things to GT in this vid, larger grids and a dashboard view. That's one thing more than we found out in PGR4's first collection of video's.

We only found out the full extent of the weather effects, the inclusion of motorbikes and the list of locations recently. Killzone 2, that wasn't the first trailer, you surely remember the trailer from 2005, granted it wasn't arctual realtime footage, but it was still a Killzone 2 trailer. As for 9 AI's on screen at once, you call that impressive, that's no step up from PS2 games. So quit bending things just to satisfy your desire to have a moan.

I don't mind people dissliking a game, or complaining about something, but do it with a valid point in mind, not some unreasonable tosh like that.

EDIT:Leonidae, don't bring yourself down by comparing the idea of liveries to someithng only suitable to NFS. GT1 and GT2 had liveries and bodykits, you just had little control over them. Ideally, GT5 would give you that control. You other points are valid, but you remark abou tliveries is ignorant in it'self, something you accused the other post of being.

Full GT5 is at best a year and a half away. It's just a trailer for a prologue, not for the full game. The other games mentioned as having more to show in the trailer (PGR3, Halo, Killzone) are due out this year, correct? Those are full content, full price games, correct? Were there any previews for other games that are at least 18 months out? If so, how much did they show?

How much content are you really expecting for the prologue, 80% of what full GT5 is going to be? Come on. If it's even half of what the full GT5 will be I'll be shocked.

I don't care if they are half done with FM3 by the time GT5 fully arrives. I'm sure they can improve on what FM2 has going for it, but the 360 platform is bound to be a limiting factor in making it a quantum leap over what they have already done with FM2.

Yeah, the video and sound are enhanced in the trailer, and there isn't much to see over GT4 aside from a couple more cars on the track and better graphics. It's a teaser. Go ahead and pick it apart and overanalyze so you can prove (to yourself, at least) that Kaz and Co. have lost it. Some of you already decided this long ago and I have no idea why you bother coming here, except to prove to all of us, over and over and over and over again, that you are right.:dunce:

The proof will be in the pudding, baby. All the talk and speculation in the word won't change that.

Well that was boring and completely uninspiring.
They only did what they did with GT4 and fake the sounds in the opening movie and the gameplay sounds were nothing like it.
Then you've never heard an Audi R8. The one in the video was spot on.
I love how the fans here just say "PD doesn't have to show anything" etc or "if they do then everyone else will know how to beat them".
Everyone else on PC and consoles ALREADY know how to beat them, that's why the are selling good.
PC restrictions are incredibly less. Not to mention, PC sims allow a more realistic physics engine than most of the other console sims. And who on the on the console is beating them? As far as I know, only Enthusia really pushed itself farther than GT4 with its physics as Forza 1 physics were better or worse than GT4. Forza 2 isn't beating anything from PD though. There's nothing from PD to compare it to.
Only six cars? please, unless a patch appears to upgrade to minimum 24 then this will be the final GT as far as i'm concerned and it won't even tempt me to buy a PS3, not even a little bit.
Good job paying attention. There's 8 cars. Try looking at the screenshots.
Looks like the PD camp are still making really pretty graphics take center stage to once again distract from a lack of anything else.
The graphics are part of the teaser. That's really the main reason the teaser was shown. Besides that, we don't have any hardcore facts, so you can't honestly say they're focusing on graphics until we see and know more.

Like others said more will be known in a few days.

Like a poster mentioned, where is the GTHD vision with at least 18-20 cars?
The pit crew moving around doing tire changes etc?
No customization, liveries etc?
Also if this 8 cars on track is all it gets then it looks like us offline folk get scewed again.
It's a TEASER. Look up what the def. of teaser is. Polyphony is not going to show you every little detail 4 months from release.
Hopefully the next show will up everything as ye PD DO HAVE to show features off as they are so far behind, even if they showed off everything the above poster mentioned it would only be catching up, not bringing anything NEW to supposed sim racing.
Oh really? So, I take it you know everything that's in GT5:P. You must if you know it will have nothing new. PD isn't behind anyone at this point.

I see others feel the same way I do, funny we all posted it at about the same time! Back, ignorant fanboy, back! Begone with you! :cheers:

EDIT:Leonidae, don't bring yourself down by comparing the idea of liveries to someithng only suitable to NFS. GT1 and GT2 had liveries and bodykits, you just had little control over them. Ideally, GT5 would give you that control. You other points are valid, but you remark abou tliveries is ignorant in it'self, something you accused the other post of being.

at least they were mostly subtle and made with good taste. Okay, maybe the Saleen Mustang stretched the limits of good taste, but yeah.. :D if they're going to have bodykits, they have to be subtle, or the genuine race bodykits from DTM or such.

It's a TEASER. Look up what the def. of teaser is. Polyphony is not going to show you every little detail 4 months from release.

Everybody understands that that 2 minute clip has taken more than 2 years to come up with...right?! 2 years and we haven't much to show for it other then graphics. 👎

Why would everything be in GT5:P anyway, it'd kind of defeat the whole purpose of the game. While GT5:P. The meat of what GT5 will have to offer will not be in GT5:P.

If GT5:P comes pretty bare bones feature wise, it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest. Say one or two new tracks and a selection of around 40 cars give or take 5-10. If they had all the customisations and what not in GT5:P it would cut down the reasons for people to buy GT5.

at least they were mostly subtle and made with good taste. Okay, maybe the Saleen Mustang stretched the limits of good taste, but yeah.. if they're going to have bodykits, they have to be subtle, or the genuine race bodykits from DTM or such.
Whether they're subtle or not shouldn't be your concern, it's what they're good for. I recall a few cars in GT1 and 2 getting some huge body kits. The Wing on the Viper was huge when you modded it. I recall the TRD Chaser in GT2 looking mental with it's kit on. It looked wider too imo. Basically, what I'm saying is that if it would work on a real race car, it whould be something that would at least be considered in GT5. I'm not talking about the crap yu see on some MaxPower kids Fiesta, though there are usefull body kits for Fieastas, I'm talking about the stuff that's for style (or lack of) that actually slows you down in most cases.

I want to be able to do anything to my car, swap the engine, the drivetrain, the bodywork and customise the paint and decals. I do that in Forza 2 and you kow what, I have a nice selection of wannabe WTCC and BTCC cars. But that's not enough for me, I want more body mods. I know, there's not satisfying me. But really, people who think that bodykits, decals, vinals and liveries are purely for the Fast and Furious films and the Max Power geenration are the ones who are deluded. Yes, thoes people do use bodykits, vinals and decals to a large extent. But not as much as motorsport teams do on their race cars.

Don't forget this is GT5 Prologue, not GT5

How did GT4 Prologue stack up agasint GT4?

GT5 Prologue is coming out this winter, GT5 most likely next winter

Sure, they've been working on GT5 for some time now, but dont forget the process is so time consuming they cancelled GTHD to try and make more time for GT5.

From what I've read and seen I see GT5 growing over time through patches etc due to the massive amount of time it takes to create the game. There indeed may be only slight improvements over GT4 other than graphics at first, but over time it will grow rich with new features. I think that's what KY is planning.

In the end remember this is GT5 PROLOGUE NOT GT5. Now if GT5 was 4 months from release and they only showed what they did now I would be worried.

So don't be shocked when GT5 Prologue is nothing more than a few cars and tracks with online mode, something that PD is probably releasing probably for money reasons after seeing GTHD's PSN success

No reason to judge GT5 over what is basicly a teaser itself, GT5 Prologue

Come on! Where have you been? :sly:

We've known about having more than 6 cars on-track for at least a few months.

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/7242/gt8carsuo7.jpg
Uh, that's the number of laps...

GTHD Concept

gthdchudqw9.jpg

GT4 (from maskrider's site)

gt4hudzt7.jpg

:sly:

Something about that GT5 teaser irks the hell out of me. If you look closely when the car is driving through the track the first time, it will then switch to the forest.. and it looks like it's driving through a textured tube. Pause it and look closely at the scenery.

It's very fake, and very poorly done. If it's like that in the final version I'm going to puke.

Something about that GT5 teaser irks the hell out of me. If you look closely when the car is driving through the track the first time, it will then switch to the forest.. and it looks like it's driving through a textured tube. Pause it and look closely at the scenery.

It's very fake, and very poorly done. If it's like that in the final version I'm going to puke.
I don't understand.. I think it's good news if the cars is going through a textured tube like you said.. because then the reflections on the car are superb!!

true true, 0:00 - 0:45 seems to be FMV. The forest and the city scene looks like static images(textures), watch it in higher resolutions and it's very noticable.

I usually make weird things out of boredom. it's a screen from the trailer with a few adjustments in photoshop.

f430gt5progb3.jpg

f430gt5pro2gv2.jpg

screens, actually

Was that really Hong Kong shown at night right before switching to Monaco? That short segment was stunning to say the least!!!

**Oh and I forgot...If they had day to night changes, that track would be so awesome to see the city lights turn on after sunset!

I watched the E3 preview last night and yes, GT5: Prologue alone looks utterly brilliant (Just look at that F430).

My first impressions simply based on the trailer shown. Feel a bit of the same type of vibes i've had for the passed few months. A bit let down there seems to be no real features aired.Even if just teased like the last show showing Premium and all that jazz. As far as trailers go it looks great. But i've learnt to not trust trailers even though i know what GTHD looks like. Just to not get hopes to high.

Hopefully the features are coming together because the graphics are at an acceptable level. But they've got to add features (even in the graphics side, tyre skid marks etc). But it is a trailer and they really can't show much so hopefully they have lots up their sleave. Just have to wait, and wait, and wait, and see. hehe

I'm one that doesnt care much for damage. Features mean more to me then crash damage. Even though i'd love to have it. But not at the expense of stuff that i feel myself wishing was in their nearly ever time the green flag drops.

Someone else mentions they are sick of the same ol same ol from GT. I actually really like the license idea. Its the core of GT. I enjoy the challenge they bring. SO i hope they have them in GT5P/GT5. But its about time they made them included into the game completion percentage. hehe

Well, most of you know me. I don't believe in expectations. I especially don't skyrocket any simple expectations. I think setting ridiculously high expectations for a game ends up leaving you very unsatisfied. This becomes the waiting process we've grown accustomed to when we were awaiting GT4. Even in my first full year on GTPlanet (2004), I've watched with invested interest on how much PD wants to take their little GT4 and make it a big deal. We're not learning too much with this deal PD brought to E3. Even still, it is still nice to see at least something from them.

As Earth mentioned, no point in judging GT5 or GT5 Prologue just by a teaser. That's like judging the proverbial book by the cover. You're better than that. Let's not make it sound like PD has mismatched priorities or only selling their fans short. No fair at all. We just have to go through the motions like we did for GT4 for those of us who followed GT4 on GTPlanet. I'm sure PD's hiding all sorts of secrets and making sure as little beef on GT5 doesn't get leaked until PD comes clean on what we can expect to see and play. Exercise patience. We're going on this teaser for now, but it doesn't mean that this is what PD will come up with for their 10th Anniversary of the series. If the trailer was disappointing, then what makes you think the final game will be crap? Something happens between early screens and the final release. It's called time. Need I remind you of "Malice" and "Duke Nukem Forever" in regards to slow progress and being left out in the cold? Tell me where DNF is on store shelves. Tell me if Malice blew peoples' minds. If PD were extremely lazy, they'd just show some modifications to Vision GT and if you're lucky... something resembling a new track. Truth is, they're still trying to complete GT5 as best as possible. You're used to "when it's done" in regards to most games (like the aforementioned "Duke Nukem Forever"). Well, get used to "when it's done" with GT5. I'm not rushing GT5. I don't work for PD. I'd surely love to be a fly on the wall watching PD's hard-at-work staff. Then again, I'm not sure even if flies are allowed in PD's offices.

We have no control or voice on getting higher quality content out of PD regarding GT5. "Hurry the motherf:censored: up, PD!" isn't going to make GT5 come any sooner. Save your cheap shots against PD and GT5 for until the game finally comes to shelves or at least until GT5 Prologue. It's too early judging them at this point.

Well Earth you may be right on the sounds, but i remember clearly they did the same thing with GT4.
To me it just feel's GT4 opening movie sound all over again.
I REALLY hope i'm wrong, honest.
As for the 18-20 cars on track, well i'll tell you and Dave A both.
Vision GT exicted me. Was the pit crew CG?, who knows but i thought "finally, they are gettin off they're high horse and givin us what we wanted.
Who cares if it's GT4 graphics? you all still tout them as looking very good, so what's wrong with lowering the graphics to be able to have that as the next GT?
Then yes i know it's a teaser but Vision GT had my attention, this one didn't.
As most everyone is all exicted, i'm here thinking "this is it? 8 cars?"
Am i going to judge GT5 by his teaser? no and i even said i hoped there is way more than that and i do, i'm just not a graphics over gameplay person myself.
It's called a preference, we all have one.
I was hoping to once again see 18-24 cars on track and watching the teaser show off cars passing each other etc etc.
I'm not attacking you Earth or Dave A, even tho Dave deserves a nice jab back, he can have his opinion, i have mine.
As for Mclaren, yeah i posted the six cars after seeing there was eight.
Guess what? It's still no big deal, Le Sarthe is still going to be empty if that's true and i hope it's not.
By "fake" sounds Mclaren i wasn't meaning they wasn't accurate to the car i meant by opening movie compared to gameplay sounds.
GT4 did the same thing, So did GT3.
I would love those to be the real deal as they sounded very good.
As for anyone i've missed or just in general, When i posted "they already know how to beat them" i was talking content/direction of the game.
How many here got tired of the same GT layout and actually liked the freshness of Forza1-2's? I'm not a Forza fan either, i don't even own an Xbox/or 360 and won't be getting one either.
I enjoy how folk make judgement calls on that, it's kinda funny.
Enthusia did a god job on they're content as well, except for the weird way they decided to go on tuning and Leveling up,winning cars etc.
I still play Enthusia, i Like the lighting effects in it, nice. I love the games handling even better. Hitting Enthusia's ring and taking a full lap in it and not running off is hard and rewarding.
Like i have already said we'll all know more in these next few months.
Judge me and bash on me all you want but i myself don't want a prettier GT4, i want a truer racing simulation on the PS3. If i had to take lower graphics, well i've got no problem with it but apparently you all do.Nothing personal folks, relax.

Well PD did mention if they had uncompressed sounds with GT4 on PS2, they'd have problems running six cars on screen, especially at 1080i. And thats with an outdated soundchip and a 297mhz PS2 processor. Now with a 3.2GHz Cell, modified 7800 Nvidia card, a decent sound chip(which can output Dolby True HD) and 512mb of ram, lets hope we can finally have cars that should sound like their real life counterpart. I wouldnt mind having just 8 cars on screen with real sounds than 18 cars but muffled audio everything.

Guys, please :).

Amount of work, resources and attention to details that PD is spending on GT fanchise is uncomparble to all other developers. I have a great feels about all other driving games, I like lots of them, because I grown up in time when GT was non-existant. But then came GT and everything changed.

It is a complete package that no other driving game can't even come close. I fell sorry for all those guys who are talking about physics of GT series and spaek about it as non-simulational (does this word even exist in English laguage?).

From the first GT game there were "simulation" tyres. They were even free to purchase - if you want them. But, guess what - nobody ever drove on them. Why? It was freaking hard. Same was repeated with all other GT games. All who say GT4 has no simulation feel can go and try to drive with the wheel on N3 tyres. And after that please feel to comply.

Foer damage, damage of tyres is there from the first game. GT2 had axle damage as an option in arcade mode ,but it was frustrating. Why? Slightest touch messed up your wheels. As in real life. Nobody used it again. In GT3 PD came with advanced tyre damage system. If you hit the wall or another car, or drive off-the-track, tyre wear was faster. In GT4 it went even further. Tyr damage was separated, car wear feature was added. Best feature ever in driving games when "damage" comes to the point. Some like it, some didn't even notice.

As for number of the cars on track, I see no point of having many cars. Yes, 24Hous of Nurburgring or Spa (as seen in respectful GTR games) hs 52 cars on track. Great. If you want that, go and play GTR game. It's simple. You'll get 52 cars, but there is lots of thing you will not get. It's just matter of likes/dislikes.

As for rain, GT3 had wet surface that was fairly fine simulated on simulation tyres. Tsukuba in GT4 come even closer to the right feeling. And GT4 offered a complete package that no other game ever offered in one package: wet, snow, dirt, ice and allmighty combination on one track - Chamonis. It remains my favourite track in terms of "How much time did I spend on it to gold it" in whole series.

Some games has something, other has something else. There will never be one-game-to-rule-them-all. But it is very noticable to all that can open their eyes and be objective that GT is series that come closest to offer such amount of content in one package.

Besides, one thing always is forgoten: GT series is game that has it's philosophy made for people who love the cars as phenomena. People who like watching cars, knowing cars, admiring cars. That's the main reason why GT has always had "car wash" feature, and "mainteinance" sections. Oil change and overal wear (introduced in GT4) were great step in idea of ownership. And that reason, as well as other stated above - and dozens more I didn't mention - are the reasons why I prefere GT over all other racing games that I also play.

And this trailer was amazing to me from all it's aspects. I know what to expect form GT game, and I know what I will get. Every bonus or surprise will just make the whole pacage even more sastisfing.

I took a close look at one of the photos from the E3 trailer posted on some other website. This specific picture I'm hinting at shows the Motul Pitwork Z (yes. I said 350Z, not Ferrari, IGNore (they must pay good money to screw up information. No wonder they want your money like an obsessed hooker).) going through this forest setting. Upon close inspection, the forest drive looks completely fake.
=
Oh, Enthusia's lighting system is amazing. Race Marco Strada's rainy night race, Pacific Gateway, or do Dragon Range. All show off prowess in lighting. Just go off of GTHD for a moment. The light effects show the sun actually glaring on parts of the car as you race around the track. The only thing I hope for now is bright sparkles on the sun's windshield on sunny days. I'd best want to see this demonstrated with classic cars with chrome on it. If this keeps up, I'm hopeful that we can have an amazing lighting system for GT5. You know that PD will have to come up with tracks that showcase the powers of the PS3 as well as the expertise of PD in designing amazing track environments. Some tracks and levels exist in games as an indication of the level of detail a game company will put in a level coupled with the operating system's capabilities to handle it all. I have a thread in this forum regarding environmental effects, so be sure to take a look for the "GT5 Environment Studio" thread or whatever it's called. PD would have some options for coming up with a suitable venue to showcase lighting effects. I personally love urban and tropical landscapes, for example. Such effects can be demonstrated beautifully if you have the right locations. Weather effects can also play a part. "Need for Speed: Underground" had some slick streets, but they weren't slick in the way of wet. Anyways, you could get a sense of the city lights and cars glittering on the track surface. I'm interested in how PD would want to showcase a proper model.

I've never questioned or criticized PD, amar212. I do fully agree with your points. I may tackle each individual point from Post #177 sometime in the future.

Guys, please :).

Besides, one thing always is forgoten: GT series is game that has it's philosophy made for people who love the cars as phenomena. People who like watching cars, knowing cars, admiring cars. That's the main reason why GT has always had "car wash" feature, and "mainteinance" sections. Oil change and overal wear (introduced in GT4) were great step in idea of ownership. And that reason, as well as other stated above - and dozens more I didn't mention - are the reasons why I prefere GT over all other racing games that I also play.

I agree with this in the sense we are all car nuts.What I dont understand is where watchin a car spin around in a fictitous carwash and have no real effect on cleanliness, makes you appreciate/admire a car more!!!
Get ridd of the gimmicks PD and give us a hard core, pure simulator, with beautiful graphics and atleast 3000 cars......the rest will not matter.
To me the GT series has been all about being able to drive/race the equivalent of an AUTOMOBILE ENCYCLOPEDIA....trying out every car in the world and making a judgment on whether each car was fun/crap/fast/slow......all wrapped up in graphical splendor and great(for its time) simulation.

the teaser clip and screenies have shown GT5 will be graphically adept, but either way I doubt I'll buy PS3 for GT5 :P as I'd rather play a comprimized Enthusia on PS2 that a comprimised GT5 (eg prolog ).........unless someelse releases a pure sim based rally/race game b4 proper GT5 arrives????

You'll probably don't know that "car wash" function has something serious to do with the car performance.

When your car gets "dirty", it's aerodynamics are getting worse by small percent. After it gets totally matte, it's aerondynamics fall by some serious percentage, guess for up to 10%. When you wash it, aerodynamics gets back as they originaly were.

That feature is with us from the first GT game and it has some serious effect to car :). But I guess you just wasn't aware of it. GT is not just driving and racing, it's about "owning". And ownership comes with responsibilities. That's the reason I admire the PD's work in terms of washing, oil change and recycling the car's total state of body and mechanic. I hope that GT5 (not the Prologue of cuorse) will push those features even futher.

My point is that GT series has it's philosophy that has not changed since the first game. I'm aware of consequnces of that philisophy and some compromises that has to be done in achieving goals. But, I like the philisophy of GT games and I would't want PD to change it in terms to make it more mass-market appealing. Luckily, Kazunori never listened what mass-market wanted and he remained faithfull to his philosophy. I admire that more then anything.

GT4 was a perfect game from all means (when you look at it form objective perspective of time when it was relesed, platform boundaries and such), except three things: it lacked online, didn't have option to save LAN replay and it lacked single-screen view when watching 2P replay. Everything else was miles away form any competition IMHO. Many will not agree, but I have right to think so, as well as other have rights to think different. If GT5 deliver just GT4's content with logical upgrades I'd be more then satisified.

Back