Premium Car Quirks

  • Thread starter Thread starter RESNA86
  • 21 comments
  • 2,475 views
Messages
26
Messages
RESNA86
I just noticed the clock in the SLS AMG works. Although it messes up sometimes (20:92?).

I also noticed some hoods pop open after a bit (G37, Rally cars, Nascar).

Are there any other cars that have these?
 
I think it's the 787B that displays some data other than the usual, but I have no idea what it means. As far as I can remember it displays a number between 1 and 7, and it seems unrelated to speed, revs, time and gear.
 
The clock reading isn't random as I first thought, the time on the clock runs "normally" (1sec = 1min in game or something like that) if you drive on a track with dynamic day/night variation. On a normal track, the clock on the car just displays random time and doesn't change. (Yep I have discovered this myself haha).
 
On a normal track, the clock on the car just displays random time and doesn't change.
It isn't random, it's the actual time of that track.
And because the time's not dynamic, it doesn't change.
 
Yeah, I tried the C63, 370Z and the SLR on the Nurburgring 24H and the clock worked.
 
So the clocks work... but they show the track time?

That's actually quite cool!
 
I think it's the 787B that displays some data other than the usual, but I have no idea what it means. As far as I can remember it displays a number between 1 and 7, and it seems unrelated to speed, revs, time and gear.

The 1-7 number is oil pressure which increases ans decreases with the engine revs, if I'm remembering correctly it also has a fule gauge that counts down to zero then resets itself endlessly and displays either your fastest or previous lap time.
 
Dont forget the outside temp monitor on some of the Premium car, does change from track to track :P
 
All indicators work as well. Lights, Handbrake
 
The Cusco Subaru Advan Impreza's rev counter doesn't work :(.

I wish the car's clocks were not associated with the track in the game but with the actual local time of the track at the time. Same with the temperature measurements.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE INTERIORS AND THEIR DETAIL!!!! :D
 
I know another car as well, shows your latest lap time, and counts down from 1000, not 100% sure, but I think it is showing the fuel.
Can't remember what car it is atm, but I think it's a Lexus.
 
The Cusco Subaru Advan Impreza's rev counter doesn't work :(.

I wish the car's clocks were not associated with the track in the game but with the actual local time of the track at the time. Same with the temperature measurements.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE INTERIORS AND THEIR DETAIL!!!! :D

The only problem with that would be if you were racing at what is night time IRL at the track and it was daylight on the game.
 
I don't know what it's called, but the Lexus IS-F can't over-rev when downshifting. I think it goes into neutral, instead of over-revving.
 
It isn't random, it's the actual time of that track.
And because the time's not dynamic, it doesn't change.

Ah, of course. I was thinking about why PD just threw in a random time when not on a dynamic track. But that actually makes more sense than for example Forza 3's clock which is nice but not too realistic when the clock just runs and the weather is sunny and shiny 24/7 :dopey:
 
They're not quirks with the instrument panels, but for some reason, the default torque distribution for the R32 V-Spec is 150F, -50R. The rear axle spins backwards?!

That, and if you buy the adjustable LSD for the Lancer Evolution IV, you will not be able to access it from the tuning menu. Simply bizarre.
 
Ah, of course. I was thinking about why PD just threw in a random time when not on a dynamic track. But that actually makes more sense than for example Forza 3's clock which is nice but not too realistic when the clock just runs and the weather is sunny and shiny 24/7 :dopey:

Clock in forza gives you your real time that is set in xbox, so you don't need to have a watch to see what time it is.
 
Clock in forza gives you your real time that is set in xbox, so you don't need to have a watch to see what time it is.

Yeah I know I was just talking about the level of realism. As I said "it is nice" I like the feature, but it just isn't realistic with static track time.
 
On the late '60s Corvette, a panel will open up from which the windshield wipers come out from when activated.
 
I actually have never noticed any of these before....thankyou community! Great work.
 
I also noticed some hoods pop open after a bit

Since the last update, the hood and trunk pop open on all Premium cars (Well, most that I have tried). But you have to give them a real good thrashing before it happens.

It's only slight, and if you go into photomode, there is nothing insde. But it looks cool in a collision.
 
The G37 tuner car, besides being a wonderful drive, has a PS3 in the backseat!!!

*Insert Xzibit meme here*
 
Back