Premium imperfect: The WIP list of visual problems and inconsistencies

• Thread starter coolboy48
  • 96 comments
The Fisker Karma got tiny issue is when the battery range reduce from 49 miles to 19 miles by 30 miles while drive and the battery is fully discharge, gas engine stop consumption fuel; however, I notice electric motor use fuel instead of battery. Sorry for my bad grammar. You can get it for test on some S event races or your lobby with fuel consumption on or very fast.

BMW Z4 GT3 race car rev counter in car reads approx 2000 RPM too low - reads 7000 when doing 9000; 6000 at 8000, etc.

Thanks and added to list. I'll also take a look in game when I do the Asia seasonal.

This is interesting.

So if I read it right, the battery goes flat at 19 miles estimated range and the electric motor then uses fuel directly even though the petrol generator (sound?) has stopped.

Maybe the generator is feeding the motors directly and doesn't have surplus to top up the battery... or something?

I did notice that before, but I'll let you know when I might take some more research about real life spec like Chevrolet Volt use gas engine as generator for expand range after battery is deplete. BTW, I notice when I stop for gas engine; however, gas engine didn't recharge battery unlike the Prius, CR-Z, and Insight did. And there one more for you to know, there is plug for the Karma, but when I enter pit stop show only fuel refill not with battery for recharge.

Did the SL55 AMG only come in Auto? Might explain the missing shift animation, as I can't use my clutch+shifter with the car.

Another game that did the Huayra's active aero right as well is NFS: Most Wanted. The arcadey one... Somehow..

I suppose plugging in will take too much time, but then how do either of the Teslas 're-fuel' mid race with no generator? Ah, acceptable break from reality?

Yeah, the SL55 correctly has torque converter physics so H-shifter can't be used. Personally I'd prefer it if the shifter could still be used but not the clutch pedal.

The car's issue is that the driver neither uses the shift lever like the Challenger SRT8 nor the paddles on the back of the steering wheel like in other cars. There's usually at least an animation for shifting to reverse by the lever if paddles aren't used.

Funnily enough, while MW2012 does show that the Huayra's flaps lower to their rest position at high speed, Rivals doesn't.

Hmm... I think I did found another car like Honda/Acura NSX 2013 concept has fuel gauge won't work plus odometer and battery meter are missing in game while last year's trailer show odometer and battery meter appear between 1:36 to 1:40, here is link:

Just give information about the Daihatsu Copen's fuel gauge isn't work even in full in photo mode still show same needle location.

I just check on the Corvette C5 Z06's fuel gauge isn't work as 1.10 version.
Second, I mention about the Cizeta V16T's fuel gauge don't work as show half on racing and photo travel (require turn on headlight to see it).
Final, I'll pm the OP when I have enough time left to check on cars.

• Both Veyrons' HP gauges work now.
  • Veyrons' Cockpit view still wrong.
  • Mustang GT500's speedo still thinks it reads KPH
All tested yesterday.

Here's a very minor, nit-picky one for you on the Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS. I can confirm, our family having previously owned one very similar to the in-game one, that the rev counter's orange screen turns red when you get close to the red-line (possibly within 1000rpm of it?), which doesn't work in-game.

Would also like to add that the BMW M5 now has a HUD speedometer, but displays speed wrongly (something to do with the first digit I think). Will check exactly how its messed up later.

Also, the Lexus IS-F, despite being one the few cars with a correct auto-style gear change in GT5, actually lost this in GT6 for a double-clutch style gear change.

Last edited:
Would also like to add that the BMW M5 now has a HUD speedometer, but displays speed wrongly (something to do with the first digit I think). Will check exactly how its messed up later.

Having just tested that out, here's everything that's wrong with it:

1.) When you're stationary, the HUD shows NN1 km/h
2.) When you're doing 10 kph, it shows N21 km/h.
3.) At 89 kph, it's going to reset from N99 km/h to N90 km/h.
4.) At 90 kph, it resets from N90 km/h to N00 km/h (not NN0 or NN1!).
5.) It's going to go up to N09 km/h (98 kph).
6.) At 99 kph it shows N00 km/h again.
7.) At 100 kph it shows 211 km/h.
8.) At 288 kph it shows 399 km/h.
9.) At 289 kph it resets to 390 km/h.
10.) At 290 kph it resets yet again, to 300 km/h.
11.) At 298 kph it shows 311 km/h.
11.) At 299 kph it resets to 300 km/h again
12.) At 300 kph it shows 411 km/h.
13.) At 308 kph it shows 419 km/h.
14.) At 309 kph it resets to 410 km/h.
15.) At 310 kph it shows 421 km/h.
16.) At 318 kph it shows 429 km/h.
17.) At 319 kph it resets to 420 km/h.
18.) At 320 kph it shows 431 km/h.
871.) At 388 kph it shows 499 km/h.
872.) At 389 kph it resets to 490 km/h.
873.) At 390 kph it resets to 400 km/h.
874.) At 398 kph it shows 409 km/h.
875.) At 399 kph it goes back to 400 km/h again.
876.) At 400 kph it shows 511 km/h.

:confused:

Last edited:
Having just tested that out, here's everything that's wrong with it:

1.) When you're stationary, the HUD shows NN1 km/h
2.) When you're doing 10 kph, it shows N21 km/h.
3.) At 89 kph, it's going to reset from N99 km/h to N90 km/h.
4.) At 90 kph, it resets from N90 km/h to N00 km/h (not NN0 or NN1!).
5.) It's going to go up to N09 km/h (98 kph).
6.) At 99 kph it shows N00 km/h again.
7.) At 100 kph it shows 211 km/h.
8.) At 288 kph it shows 399 km/h.
9.) At 289 kph it resets to 390 km/h.
10.) At 290 kph it resets yet again, to 300 km/h.
11.) At 298 kph it shows 311 km/h.
11.) At 399 kph it resets to 300 km/h again
12.) At 300 kph it shows 411 km/h.
13.) At 308 kph it shows 419 km/h.
14.) At 309 kph it resets to 410 km/h.
15.) At 310 kph it shows 421 km/h.
16.) At 318 kph it shows 429 km/h.
17.) At 319 kph it resets to 420 km/h.
18.) At 320 kph it shows 431 km/h.
871.) At 388 kph it shows 499 km/h.
872.) At 389 kph it resets to 490 km/h.
873.) At 390 kph it resets to 400 km/h.
874.) At 398 kph it shows 409 km/h.
875.) At 399 kph it goes back to 400 km/h again.
876.) At 400 kph it shows 511 km/h.

:confused:

Go home speedometer, you're drunk.

That's just... wow. How can that even be so wrong? What's more, the speed is displayed fine in the dial, and in the game's HUD as well! How hard can it be to make one appear in the windscreen, and how did no-one on the development team notice it's so heavily broken? :odd:

That's just... wow. How can that even be so wrong? What's more, the speed is displayed fine in the dial, and in the game's HUD as well! How hard can it be to make one appear in the windscreen, and how did no-one on the development team notice it's so heavily broken? :odd:
There is something interesting about this one:

Look at my post again. The HUD is obviously broken beyond belief, but there is a somewhat/clearly a ('a somewhat' if what I write below this point is false, 'clearly a' if true) regular pattern at what it displays.

The car's HUD is pretty 'sensitive', as in, it's far easier to make these tests at high speed as it changes slower. It's likely that what I found at over 300 kph repeats all the way from 100 to 300 as well but I may not have realized that as I wanted to see how it behaves at higher speeds. Also I wanted to see how it behaves transitioning between hundreds.

If my pattern 'theory' is correct, it must be a matter of simple programming. If PD can get other cars' HUDs (like the one in ZR1 C6) to display speeds properly, it's just an issue someone must have forgotten to fix.

There is something interesting about this one:

Look at my post again. The HUD is obviously broken beyond belief, but there is a somewhat/clearly a ('a somewhat' if what I write below this point is false, 'clearly a' if true) regular pattern at what it displays.

The car's HUD is pretty 'sensitive', as in, it's far easier to make these tests at high speed as it changes slower. It's likely that what I found at over 300 kph repeats all the way from 100 to 300 as well but I may not have realized that as I wanted to see how it behaves at higher speeds. Also I wanted to see how it behaves transitioning between hundreds.

If my pattern 'theory' is correct, it must be a matter of simple programming. If PD can get other cars' HUDs (like the one in ZR1 C6) to display speeds properly, it's just an issue someone must have forgotten to fix.

Yes, I see now there is actually a pattern of some sort! đź‘Ť

Seems like just another sloppy, minor error of the type PDI love to make.

And GT40 Mark I'66 is very slow at pits... For example, in Brands Hatch, after it goes to the pits, GT40 gets stuck in 15 mph.

(The post above)

Good find. đź‘Ť

Now I wonder if it's a flaw specific to the car or a game engine limitation/oversight.

(Edit: Wow, almost a year since the last post. My OP has always been updated semi-regularly if anyone's curious. Seasonals are great for building car collections for reference.)

Good find. đź‘Ť

Now I wonder if it's a flaw specific to the car or a game engine limitation/oversight.

(Edit: Wow, almost a year since the last post. My OP has always been updated semi-regularly if anyone's curious. Seasonals are great for building car collections for reference.)
If I find any more, I'll be sure to contribute.

@Madertus

It's actually a really simple error, I've been able to replicate it in a Python script:

Code:
def hud(speed):
    speed = str(speed)

digit_list = ["1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "0"]

digit0 = "N"
    digit1 = "N"
    digit2 = "N"

if len(speed) > 2:
        digit0i = int(speed[-3])
        digit0 = digit_list[digit0i]
    if len(speed) > 1:
        digit1i = int(speed[-2])
        digit1 = digit_list[digit1i]
    digit2i = int(speed[-1])
    digit2 = digit_list[digit2i]

print("%s%s%s" %(digit0, digit1, digit2))

>>> hud(0)
NN1
>>> hud(10)
N21
>>> hud(9)
NN0
>>> hud(100)
>>> hud(200)
>>> hud(99)
N00
>>> hud(98)
N09
>>> hud(411)
>>>

So what is the mistake they did?

Well, check the digit_list in the script, it runs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. The speed is used as an index to fetch the items from the digit_list, so when the speed is 0 it will fetch item 0 from the list (which is the first item, computers are funny in that way).

To fix the problem, the list needs to be rearranged so that the 0 is first: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. That will solve it.

(@PD, where do I send the job application?)

*snippity snip!*
So it's basically every digit being one higher than it should be? Proof that you always should proofread your work :lol:

I'm also amazed that I actually understand what is wrong without programming knowledge. I am the hero in my house today! :lol:

Really though, considering that it's a very simple and tiny mistake, I'm not surprised that PD haven't fixed it yet. It's literally just one digit in the wrong place. I can't help but wonder, though, why PD have yet to fix this issue, and many others (strictly connected to cars' models) for that matter. They are tiny glitches/bugs in models that can be easily repaired, with M5's HUD speedo being a prime example.

They did fix e.g. 365 GTB/4's speedo and RPM meters' functions being swapped, or GTO's extremely slow RPM gauge, so why not look at your models more, PD? Come on, you can simulate air density in different temperatures, you can fix these then! :D

Resurrecting thread again to update on the R33: The fuel gauge works.

And any cars listed that have problems with time, the clocks have been fixed.

Back