Premium Vehicle Reviews Anyone? Now dead, move to my new thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Flamango247
  • 91 comments
  • 6,137 views

Would you like dis?


  • Total voters
    40
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Flamango247 Might be quite cool if you set a hot lap in the test cars, same sort of thing as the top gear lap time board where they can be compared to others around a certain track.
 
DolHaus has made a good suggestion.

It is even better if you test the same car on 2 tracks: 1 short technical with lots of turns, and 1 long with lot of straight. Cars with good handling will shine on track 1 while car with power will shine on track 2. I would also like to see this:

Car:
HP:
Torque:
Price:
Class: GT3, LMP, Race, etc
Track 1 time:
Track 2 time:
Pros:
Cons:
Unique features:
 
Alright, nothing like waking up to 13 notifications :) I think I'll start a new thread today, one that's more organized, simpler, and easier to find things. I'll be happy to do that hot lap idea but I'll do it on the one course I know I bring out the most of a car and which I feel has an equal part in handling and speed. This course is Monza. You get straits, hairpins, chicanes, low speed corners, high speed corners, really tests the suspension and it's the track I've used to test all the cars I've done the reviews on. For the cars that aren't racers, I'll set it up in pp categories of 50. So a 400pp, 450pp, 500pp category and so on. I'll do three laps in the cars. The 3rd lap will count as it's hot lap. the limit is three laps and each lap prior and the 3rd must be valid. If any lap is not a valid lap, I must start over.

Now for what I'm going to do today: I'll bring you the review of the Lotus 111r, stock and tuned. I'm also going to try to get a new thread set up with my reviews linked to a post instead of another thread if it's possible. This will reduce spam across the GTP website which will reduce the chances of me getting flagged/banned etc. If I can set it up (i'm a new member so I'm getting used to all this) then I'll link it here and leave this thread up for a while and possibly take it down after a few days if it's possible. All review and feedback should be brought to the new thread and this one will not be used after. It you don't see a link to it, then chances are I haven't created it so basically, keep using this thread like we always had until further notice.

Also, one thing I'd like to make clear is what I use to test cars. Here it is (if it's not listed then I don't use it)
ABS:1
Driving line: on (I use it as a braking reference, stopping a second or so after if tells me to brake)
stock: as much as possible. Some cars may have had an oil change applied however I don't count this as tuning as it doesn't affect my reviews much. I do not edit the suspension, power limiter, ballast, down force, I do not add body kits to cars, any power upgrades, lsd's, brakes, transmissions or weight upgrades. Everything is as stock as possible
I test all cars at Monza as it is a comfortable course for me to drive on, I can really think about the car and how it handles, not where the next corner is, and I feel it has most general situations to test the handling of cars such as high, low speed corners, straits, etc.

If there is any fluctuation in this I will tell you guys. I write honest reviews, I gain nothing by lying here and as I'm sure most of you all can tell I don't lie in my reviews. It's my opinion and my opinion isn't always right so if I'm wrong don't assume I lied as I have no reason to lie. Thanks guys!
 
Alright, nothing like waking up to 13 notifications :) I think I'll start a new thread today, one that's more organized, simpler, and easier to find things. I'll be happy to do that hot lap idea but I'll do it on the one course I know I bring out the most of a car and which I feel has an equal part in handling and speed. This course is Monza. You get straits, hairpins, chicanes, low speed corners, high speed corners, really tests the suspension and it's the track I've used to test all the cars I've done the reviews on. For the cars that aren't racers, I'll set it up in pp categories of 50. So a 400pp, 450pp, 500pp category and so on. I'll do three laps in the cars. The 3rd lap will count as it's hot lap. the limit is three laps and each lap prior and the 3rd must be valid. If any lap is not a valid lap, I must start over.

Now for what I'm going to do today: I'll bring you the review of the Lotus 111r, stock and tuned. I'm also going to try to get a new thread set up with my reviews linked to a post instead of another thread if it's possible. This will reduce spam across the GTP website which will reduce the chances of me getting flagged/banned etc. If I can set it up (i'm a new member so I'm getting used to all this) then I'll link it here and leave this thread up for a while and possibly take it down after a few days if it's possible. All review and feedback should be brought to the new thread and this one will not be used after. It you don't see a link to it, then chances are I haven't created it so basically, keep using this thread like we always had until further notice.

Also, one thing I'd like to make clear is what I use to test cars. Here it is (if it's not listed then I don't use it)
ABS:1
Driving line: on (I use it as a braking reference, stopping a second or so after if tells me to brake)
stock: as much as possible. Some cars may have had an oil change applied however I don't count this as tuning as it doesn't affect my reviews much. I do not edit the suspension, power limiter, ballast, down force, I do not add body kits to cars, any power upgrades, lsd's, brakes, transmissions or weight upgrades. Everything is as stock as possible
I test all cars at Monza as it is a comfortable course for me to drive on, I can really think about the car and how it handles, not where the next corner is, and I feel it has most general situations to test the handling of cars such as high, low speed corners, straits, etc.

If there is any fluctuation in this I will tell you guys. I write honest reviews, I gain nothing by lying here and as I'm sure most of you all can tell I don't lie in my reviews. It's my opinion and my opinion isn't always right so if I'm wrong don't assume I lied as I have no reason to lie. Thanks guys!
I like the rest of the ideas about organising but I wouldn't use Monza as your only test track, that's a pure power/downforce circuit and won't really give a fair account of low power lightweights.
 
Nurburgring would be a good one (both technical and long straight). Real world time is also comparable too.
 
Nurburgring would be a good one (both technical and long straight). Real world time is also comparable too.
Its a great track but takes an awfully long time to learn and get consistent on though so you would see massively varying times until he'd put in about 40 laps and started to know his way around.
 
I suggest Ascari as a test track but do what uyo want to do.
 
Hmm, alright then, what course do you guys think I should do? Nurburgring is a great course for that but like DolHause said It's hard to be consistent since it's so large. You guys let me know and I'll get that that started sometime soon!
 
I suggest Ascari as a test track but do what uyo want to do.
Ascari is fun but rather large and can be complicated with a lot of chicanes that can be cut unfairly.
 
Monza, Ascari, Willow Springs, Aprical Hill. Do 2 out of these 4 :D
 
Monza, Ascari, Willow Springs, Aprical Hill. Do 2 out of these 4 :D
How about Willow Springs and Apricot Hill? You guys think those are good courses? If you think there are other courses I should test let me know!
 
I love both of these as they are my favorite tracks. The Willow Springs are actually my local area tracks in real life too.
 
How about Willow Springs and Apricot Hill? You guys think those are good courses? If you think there are other courses I should test let me know!
Sounds like a good blend, I was going to suggest apricot hill myself 👍
 
The Redbull Ring it's also nice to test cars.
 
Can someone please tell me how to make a reserved post. Thaanks :D
 
just make a post and say reserved
I don't need to type it in any special way? Is it just the word reserved and I can't put anything else in it? Does it have to be bolt, italicized, in quotations?
 
I don't need to type it in any special way? Is it just the word reserved and I can't put anything else in it? Does it have to be bolt, italicized, in quotations?
Nope, Just put reserved. You can be specific and say "Reserved for....."
There isn't a rule about how many reserve posts you can make that I know of, but I suggest making no more than 3 reserve posts so that it doesn't look like spam.
 
Will have to let you know later on. Need to reiew V12 vantage, f1 GT3, Delta wing 2012 and then I'll review the one-77 for ya.

I wasn't aware that you didn't have enough credits to buy cars. If you are strapped for credits you can let the review on the One-77 go. I have plenty of credits but was not going to blow 1.9 mil on a car that I couldn't customize with aero parts, plus the thing is extremly heavy. I'll just post a new thread and ask about it.
 
I wasn't aware that you didn't have enough credits to buy cars. If you are strapped for credits you can let the review on the One-77 go. I have plenty of credits but was not going to blow 1.9 mil on a car that I couldn't customize with aero parts, plus the thing is extremly heavy. I'll just post a new thread and ask about it.
I bought the car today actually. Didn't have time to write a review on it. With those redbull races I can make over 200k in under 3 minutes. It's no problem XP Just a basic generalization for you, the suspension is too soft and you can only put a wing on it. There also isn't any special wing you can buy, just those basic ones and customizable wings. You can buy every upgrade you can with any other car, no limitations if I remember correctly. Expect the full review for it tomorrow if I'm not busy.
 
This is just a test post guys, no reason to reply to this. Just want to make sure I'm doing everything right for the new thread.

test link
Test link 2
 
Last edited:
I bought the car today actually. Didn't have time to write a review on it. With those redbull races I can make over 200k in under 3 minutes. It's no problem XP Just a basic generalization for you, the suspension is too soft and you can only put a wing on it. There also isn't any special wing you can buy, just those basic ones and customizable wings. You can buy every upgrade you can with any other car, no limitations if I remember correctly. Expect the full review for it tomorrow if I'm not busy.

Thank you for that review.👍👍 I had thought that would be the case. Big bulky with lots of power but not anything worth the 1.9 mil. I'm sure that you saved me and a few others from wasting our credits. I hope you were able to recoup some of your credits by selling it.
 
Thank you for that review.👍👍 I had thought that would be the case. Big bulky with lots of power but not anything worth the 1.9 mil. I'm sure that you saved me and a few others from wasting our credits. I hope you were able to recoup some of your credits by selling it.
Nah man, I don't sell it. The looks alone make it worth keeping. Plus it's part of "the big three" I'm gunna talk about in my review.
 
Everyone seems to forget about Trial mountain for technical and High Speed Ring for long straight. But if you want real world track to test on try Silverstone Grand prix Circuit for technical and Twin Ring Motegi road Course for long straights. That's where I test all my cars stock and tuned.
 
Everyone seems to forget about Trial mountain for technical and High Speed Ring for long straight. But if you want real world track to test on try Silverstone Grand prix Circuit for technical and Twin Ring Motegi road Course for long straights. That's where I test all my cars stock and tuned.
Trial Moutain is a fun course but I'd like to use real world tracks. Twin Ring Motegi is fun as well but it's a little long so it would be hard to me to get consistent laps as there's a great chance I could mess up on a lap as I'm no expert driver. Same goes for Silverstone.
 
Trial Moutain is a fun course but I'd like to use real world tracks. Twin Ring Motegi is fun as well but it's a little long so it would be hard to me to get consistent laps as there's a great chance I could mess up on a lap as I'm no expert driver. Same goes for Silverstone.
Then try Tsukuba to technical or Brands Hatch. and Twin Ring west course for straights. Literally the shortest tracks in world circuits but you get amazing results.
 
Then try Tsukuba to technical or Brands Hatch. and Twin Ring west course for straights. Literally the shortest tracks in world circuits but you get amazing results.
Brands Hatch is a difficult course to race on in the high powered cars. Really fun, don't get my wrong especially when you do it right but so many cars in this game are hard to drive. Tsukuba would be a great course for handling but it's just pure low speed corning. I'd like some mid range cornering in there. Testing a handling car there would be like testing the Veyron on route X, it's just pure speed and nothiing else. Tsukuba is pure low speed handling. Danke for the suggestions though, feel free to keep them coming if you'd like :)
 
Brands Hatch is a difficult course to race on in the high powered cars. Really fun, don't get my wrong especially when you do it right but so many cars in this game are hard to drive. Tsukuba would be a great course for handling but it's just pure low speed corning. I'd like some mid range cornering in there. Testing a handling car there would be like testing the Veyron on route X, it's just pure speed and nothiing else. Tsukuba is pure low speed handling. Danke for the suggestions though, feel free to keep them coming if you'd like :)
Hmmmm sounds like you want a track with the best of both worlds. I'd suggest sticking to Monza, but if you're a little adventurous try Fuji Speedway F or Suzuka circuit east course or just the circuit.
 
Hmmmm sounds like you want a track with the best of both worlds. I'd suggest sticking to Monza, but if you're a little adventurous try Fuji Speedway F or Suzuka circuit east course or just the circuit.
Fuji is amazingly fun but I think it would be a better overall test to race over two different courses :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back