Premium Vehicle Reviews Anyone? Now dead, move to my new thread

Would you like dis?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww come on LFA, I'm depressed to hear my most favorite car having bad review like this.

Does the comparison take PP into account? Other cars that you mentioned having more power than LFA probably have more PP? By upgrading the power, LFA can also increase power.

Suggestion, i know you primarily focus on handling and power. I want to hear some UNIQUE features that each car has.

For example, there are only 500 LFAs that are being produced in the world. A few LFA models come with Nurburgring package in which they are tuned to drive the fastest on the Ring. In fact, that package makes LFA one of the top 3 fastest production car in the Ring.

Lexus also partner with Yamaha to produce the best sound possible for the exhaust. The result is astonishing and praised by many critics. In many critics as well as my opinion, the exhaust sound is the best among all production cars. Period. I have seen the LFA and heard the exhaust in real life several times. This car is one of a kind.

Awww come on LFA, I'm depressed to hear my most favorite car having bad review like this.

Does the comparison take PP into account? Other cars that you mentioned having more power than LFA probably have more PP? By upgrading the power, LFA can also increase power.

Suggestion, i know you primarily focus on handling and power. I want to hear some UNIQUE features that each car has.

For example, there are only 500 LFAs that are being produced in the world. A few LFA models come with Nurburgring package in which they are tuned to drive the fastest on the Ring. In fact, that package makes LFA one of the top 3 fastest production car in the Ring.

Lexus also partner with Yamaha to produce the best sound possible for the exhaust. The result is astonishing and praised by many critics. In many critics as well as my opinion, the exhaust sound is the best among all production cars. Period. I have seen the LFA and heard the exhaust in real life several times. This car is one of a kind.
It wasn't necessarily a bad review. The car is perfect in almost every way shape and form but on a competing scale there's just not much it can compete with and not much can compete with it (in it's category at least). I compare them on pp. If a car has 550pp then I'll go to the car search and look up cars with 540-560 and compare it to those. The ones that weren't race cars was the gallardo and a few ferrari's and GT-R's. The LFA is better than almost if not all all of those cars thanks to it's perfect handling but it lacks the power to compete with the high end super cars. At least that's what I've found, I'm not perfect so I'm not going to be able to cover everything :D

And I'll definitely take that suggestion into account, that's a great idea!

And I do agree with you, the exhaust sounds simply amazing...

For short, simple and straight-to-the-point reviews, they're pretty well done, and certainly honest.
Course I'm not like that. With my reviews I like to make my preference towards the real life car - and anything related to it in question - clear, since I like to employ a deeper aspect to my writing no matter what.
And also, since GT6 hasn't hooked my attention - or rather, pretty much everything else has - I haven't done one since the turn of the year.

From memory, the M4 was a rather...confusing car. Kept seeming to get caught up in two minds, and for that reason it was pretty horrid to drive on the Ring's GPF.

The next one, if you don't mind me asking again, is the BMW Mclaren F1 GTR race car. This car used to be the beast in GT5 but seems not mentioned much in GT6.

The next one, if you don't mind me asking again, is the BMW Mclaren F1 GTR race car. This car used to be the beast in GT5 but seems not mentioned much in GT6.
Idk if I'll be able to do that one today. I'll be busy today and tomorrow so if I don't reply or review anything that's why.

I know this is off topic but I feel this should be said. Has anyone else had issues with the A.I. bumping into you and causing you to lose control? I feel sometimes they have little spacial awareness and polyphony should do something about this. Or maybe it's just me. Am I wrong? Has anyone else noticed this? Give me your answer and when the next vehicle review comes in we'll go back on topic if not sooner.

Speaking of car reviews, this will be the last post FOR TODAY and possibly tomorrow. I will be busy from now (may be on later tonight) till the day after tomorrow. I know I've been very responsive to you guys so I don't want you to feel like that will change. Thanks guys!

Great little reviews, right length.
For me I particularly like your descriptions on the stock character of the car, chucking a few alternatives in is also not a bad idea.
Improvements maybe leave a line or give headings between your views on different things.
Stock handling, tuning, like you have done with the value.

Lamborghini review pretty much describes them to a tee, posers car fast noisy attention grabber with stacks of grip that will kill you if you take it to the limit. Guy down the road from my last place has owned 4.

Do keep this going & while your not doing requests may I suggest you do reviews on the less run of the mill cars.
Things like the Callaway, Spyker or any of the older cars in the game.
Ohh & thanks.

I think you're doing a fine job. When reviewing cars, especially for this game, you want to cover the 4 essential aspects of the car. 1) Acceleration, 2) Braking, 3) Handling and 4) Top End. Then of course you want to discuss "feel" - you know, the intangible qualities. How you cover those topics is what is going to make or break your review. You don't have to try and use the most flowery and colorful language imaginable, but you also don't want your review to read like a 3rd grader's effort: "The LFA accelerates fast. It brakes good. It handles awesome! Top end is super fast!!" You know what I mean??

Try to take the reader on a little journey with you...Talk to them about certain corners on a particular track and what made that car feel special or maybe what made that car feel terrifyingly bad. You've got our attention if we are reading this thread. We're looking for your thoughts on the cars you are reviewing and even if we don't agree with you on a particular detail if you explain why you said what you said, at least we can respect your opinion and perhaps even re-evaluate the car ourselves.

You're off to a very good start. Keep doing what you're doing and make me feel like I was in the passenger seat with you during your test drive. It will keep me coming back for more and more.

I hope my advice/ideas were useful. May you have continued success in your reviews! :)

Thanks for the feedback guys. Seems like you guys want to hear more of my opinion. In journalism I learned to come at a very neutral and unbiased point of view but if you all want to hear more of my opinion I'll be sure to add that in there!
Now to reply to you all

-SonicCharmeleon: will do that as soon as I can. Have a couple reviews to do first however (I go by order requested).

-Wide Boy: So like this?:
-handling-
-tuning-
-value- etc..

-ALB123: I agree with what you're saying. I'm trying to keep things short and simple but without being basic, blunt, and cheap. I'll try to test drive cars a bit more across different tracks, I mostly would do a couple or so laps around Monza as you get straits and chicanes, both low and high speed which I figured would be enough to test the handling and speed to what you'd mostly experience in the races across the single player campaign. And trust me, if you were in the passenger seat with me you'd be terrified with how I drive, both in game and in real life :D Everyone's advice is useful, as long as it appeals to the general public of course :)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll try to take all of this into consideration. Reviews may be a bit longer now since it will appear I'll have more information to talk about but it shouldn't be too much longer. Few more questions for you guys to make sure I got this correct:
1:Neutralality in reviews, my point of view, or both separated in different categories like so:
review of the car:
My opinion and what I've found
2:Longer reviews, shorter reviews, or perfect length?
3:do you guys understand the terms I'm using such as understeer, oversteer, dampeners etc?
4:anything else I could work on?

Keep the feedback coming for today but after tomorrow let's get back on topic on car reviews. I appreciate the nice words and don't be afraid to call me out on something, instead, please know I'm encouraging it but do it in a polite and respectful manner. This is a Gran Turismo forum, not a belligerent 9 year old's website who plays Call of Duty all day. We're respectful, civilized people and we all have one thing in common: we love to race.

EDIT: just to fill you guys in, poll results so far are for choice 1:15 2:0 3:4

I know this is off topic but I feel this should be said. Has anyone else had issues with the A.I. bumping into you and causing you to lose control? I feel sometimes they have little spacial awareness and polyphony should do something about this. Or maybe it's just me. Am I wrong? Has anyone else noticed this? Give me your answer and when the next vehicle review comes in we'll go back on topic if not sooner.
Bump? They've pitted me better than any CHP or LAPD on the evening news ever has. Have you been running the ASPEC "expert" seasonal races? If not you should check them out. Not only will you get "bumped" from behind and knocked off track but they throw a 5 second penalty in for good measure! :D

Bump? They've pitted me better than any CHP or LAPD on the evening news ever has. Have you been running the ASPEC "expert" seasonal races? If not you should check them out. Not only will you get "bumped" from behind and knocked off track but they throw a 5 second penalty in for good measure! :D
Working on acing the compain, higher up you go the worse it gets. having to restart races cause of it.

@Flamango247 I get what you're saying about journalistic integrity. However, when you're doing a car review that includes information about how it rides/handles/feels, well then it most certainly is YOUR opinion because you are the person driving it. If your review was just to mention specifications and compare the specs of the review car against others in it's class, then you're right, you need to keep an objective approach in your article. We WANT this to be subjective.

Why do people like Chris Harris on Cars? Because he will give you the rundown of specs that you can get from any car magazine, but he also puts the cars he's reviewing through a very thourough workout. He drifts them. He stomps on the brakes to see how well they work at high speed. And then he gives us his opinion on the car. We all have opinions. Continue to share yours... So don't be afraid to go a little longer than your first couple of reviews (if you've got things to say). If the car is a clunker with no redeeming qualities, say so and move on..

I'm sure I'm babbling at this point. I'll be looking forward to your next review!! :)

How about the Aston Martin One-77? Can it be customized with aero parts and how does it stand up against the other super cars like the McLarens, Ferrari, Lambos etc. I have read a few posts of people singing it's praise. I'm in the market for a new car and I much prefer RWD to MR.

How about the Aston Martin One-77? Can it be customized with aero parts and how does it stand up against the other super cars like the McLarens, Ferrari, Lambos etc. I have read a few posts of people singing it's praise. I'm in the market for a new car and I much prefer RWD to MR.
Will have to let you know later on. Need to reiew V12 vantage, f1 GT3, Delta wing 2012 and then I'll review the one-77 for ya.

Will have to let you know later on. Need to reiew V12 vantage, f1 GT3, Delta wing 2012 and then I'll review the one-77 for ya.

Thank you. Are you testing on bone stock with an oil change or do you not modify in any way. So my biggest question about the One-77 is; can you buy aero parts for it and if so what parts are available?

I like your idea which is why I asked. I hope this continues because to many times you buy a car and it's a piece of garbage. I only have a few British cars and the One-77 is one I'm eyeing. Using this expert race to win credits for my alternate account as I didn't get the advantage of the money glitch.

-Wide Boy: So like this?:
-handling-
-tuning-
-value- etc..

-ALB123: I agree with what you're saying. I'm trying to keep things short and simple but without being basic

Yep like that

Don't think you need to comment on acceleration top speed etc per say just comment like you are now

If its outstanding or poor vs similar cars note that like you did in the LFA thread otherwise why mention it.
Length is fine & will vary slightly if you have something to say say it. If the cars a lemon say that to & why.

If you wanted to be more subjective perhaps do a "super test" 5 or so similar cars back to back.
Would have to be a bit on which feels best & which actually puts in the best laps by the time you take power etc into account. NSX vs Elise vs for MRs as an example.

Or pick a group of FF cars Integra vs FTO etc.

Use the search function in the dealership to find similar vehicles.
To be honest though don't overthink it just do what your doing.

I'm back guys. Reviews will hopefully begin tomorrow. Not sure if I'll have them all done in one day but here's what I have lined up for you guys: Aston V12 Vantage, BMW McLaren F1 GT3, Delta Wing 2012, and Aston one-77. If possible, let's hold requests till I get a couple more reviews in, I don't want to get too far behind. If there's one you really really want me to do you can request but I have some very expensive cars to review obviously so I'll need a bit to save up and I'd like to minimize requests for the moment as much as possible, just until I get a few more cars off this list.

@Racin510s Stock as much as possible. No oil change. However if I have the car in my inventory and it has had an oil change I don't necessarily count that as any tuning that needs mentioning since it adds only a few horsepower and it won't affect the reviews much since I don't give out hardcore numbers and stats like "it has a top speed of 225" instead I do more of "it's blisteringly fast"

And I know i've said this a lot but again, thanks a lot for the feedback guys!

Well guys, we're 5 reviews in. I think it's time for some feedback. Let me know what I'm doing wrong, what I'm doing right, what I could improve on, add, take away, or anything else you think deserves to be said. And always remember that there's almost no shortage of cars to review in Gran Turismo. I'd prefer to review premium, but if there's a standard car you'd like me to review throw it out there and I might just review it! Coming up next will be the Aston Martin V12 Vantage as requested by ALB123!

ur doing awesome. but ill like to ask a question, Is it okay if we post what our opinion of a car is or give a review of a car that you didn't do (eg. the AMG gt3)?

ur doing awesome. but ill like to ask a question, Is it okay if we post what our opinion of a car is or give a review of a car that you didn't do (eg. the AMG gt3)?
If you do all I ask is that you please don't post on this thread and please give a link to this thread. You can put your opinion on a car I've reviewed compared to mine on here like several others had but if you're doing your own review I think it'd just seem better and more organized to create your own thread on it while giving a link to mine :)

@winner133 oh gosh..the rage- I mean review I could say about that thing...

EDIT: Btw, I plan on doing most of not all premium cars (that people would want to buy anyways, not like I'm gunna do a review over the honda fit >_>). However when school begins idk if I'll have time so if I can't keep doing it I'll let you guys do reviews.

Last edited:
This is a great project, congratulations on a great start!

There have been good suggestions about readability, and I'd support the idea of a brief summary of good/bad points at the end in a standardized format.

One of the key behavioral aspects of cars for me is how stable they are under massive braking from very high speed, especially on Bathurst going into the Chase. Some seem to lull me into trusting them across the top of the mountain and through the Skyline to Forrest's Elbow section, only to betray me at the end of Conrod. Others are just so sweet I could kiss them.

Maybe it's just my incompetence, but if others share this experience, then maybe it's a test worth reporting on in all reviews.

Aston Martin V12 Vantage. Verdict: Simple, easy, beginners/intermediate sports car that's way too expensive.

-Overview: This is somewhat if a hard review to write cause...well...this car has really no defining characteristics. While it has 509 hp, the 1,680kg (~3,700 lbps) slows it down. The handling isn't particularly exciting either. It's simple, easy, and you can oversteer it if you'd like but you have the option not to. It doesn't understeer much either so I guess that's a good thing. And it being an Aston Martin means it falls into that category of cars that many overlook in this game. It's up against BMW's, 'Jags, and a few of the low end Mercedes such as the SL600. I personally have never bought one of those cars to race in. I seem to go strait to an American car as my first purchase since they're cheap and you can add so much power to it, then I save up for an italian supercar, then get into the racing machines which leads me to believe, why would I want an Aston unless it's just for playing around in? And the price backs me on this.

-Value: At 217 or so thousand credits, it's outrageously expensive. Want to know what you can buy with that much money in it's same pp category? A '07 GT-R AND a Corvette C7 stingray, and then add 44 grand in upgrades to EACH car. Oh, and each car has more pp than the Vantage as well.

-Noted features: In my opinion the interior view seems a bit restrictive however you can see the instruments pretty well. The noise this car makes is amazing and it looks amazing too. The top speed definitely isn't lacking but it's not super car with a top speed of 10 or so mph short of 200. The handling was easy, basic, and had no defining qualities. If you're new to Gran Turismo and want to refine your handling skills but you have the money for it, this car is great for you.

Follow the original thread to get instant updates on cars I've reviewed and even suggest one for me to write! :https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/premium-vehicle-reviews-anyone.313334/#post-9884044

As requested by ALB123

Side not here, I tried separating the review into separate categories but I just couldn't do it. I felt closed in and it was impacting my review on the car. I felt like I couldn't put everything in there cause it didn't flow together. Also, I had a very difficult time reviewing this car as there, as I've said, isn't really any defining qualities of it.

BMW McLaren F1 GTR Review: Verdict: Too good or not good enough?

-Overview: This car is amazing. It's easy to use, it handles great, the oversteer is manageable, the understeer is manageable, everything about it is amazing. In fact, the only real bad thing about it is it's price, the low RPM (7000) and sometimes if you brake too hard and turn the back will kick out but like I said, for a racing car, actually even for a car, it's amazingly easy to control. Want to know something amazing about this car? It has 70 more horsepower than the Audi R18 and weighs only 50 kg more. And guess what, it's 200k cheaper too! Oh, and another thing, not only can you put a turbo on it, but you can do a stage 3 engine upgrade. Only way the R18 beats this car is it can have more downforce and it weighs a bit less. Seriously, this F1 GTR is possibly one of the best buys for your money in this game. It's amazing in every single way. BUT WAIT!! You can't race this against LMP's (Le Man's Prototypes) cause it's only better than one of the worst LMP's in the game. So that means you'll race it in those GT3 races. What does this mean? You're spending 1.8 million credits on a car that's almost as good as an LMP but you'll be racing it against GT3 Z4's, GT-R's, and SLS'. It's TOO good for it's class. In fact, it's really not even in a class. It's between classes. It's too good for one and not good enough for the other. However, if you do those tune ups i'm sure it can be a great competitor for LMP races. But only against stock LMP's. Don't go into a racing lobby with this thing maxed and expect to win any races against other tuned LMP's.

-Value: For what you get, it's a great buy. For what you'll be using it against, It's either too expensive or it must be tuned depending on what you'll race it against.

-Noted features: Remember this car is a standard car so it's not going to look as great as the other premium race cars. However if you can get past that and tune it up, you'll definitely have yourself a great race car that's cheap for the cars you should race it against in the single player campaign.

Follow the original thread to get instant updates on cars I've reviewed and even suggest one for me to write! :https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/premium-vehicle-reviews-anyone.313334/#post-9884044

As requested by FSportIS

Delta Wing 2012: Verdict: Handling dream.

-Overview: You know those love hate relationships you have with that one friend? This car is that friend. Yes, it can have 1,500 units of downforce in the rear, yes it weighs 475 kg (1,047 lbs) That's where you're gunna love this thing. Where you're going to hate is it can only have 438 units of downforce in the front and you can't customize that. It has just 299 horsepower which you can only add a turbo to, the weight distribution is 33/67, and it can be unpredictably unstable. But that unpredictability, if you're a good driver, could actually help you. The back will kick out if you turn too tight, even with all that downforce and that's because this thing is so light and the weight distribution is so off where it should be. But, unlike any other racing car, you can use this to your advantage and turn even tighter with it. I'm not kidding. Highspeed corner and the back is losing grip? Oh great, now I can actually turn tighter! And already, this thing has amazing handling. There's nothing else like it (no one mentions the x1 here. no one.) You'll beat any Le Mans racer in handling, even if they had max downforce. But, sadly, it's hard to race against those cars if you can't keep up. You'll have the acceleration at first, but the turbo loses power in the higher RPM's causing some lag. Sadly, this thing just doesn't have the power to keep up with them and at Le mans racer price, it's not worth it.

Value: This thing is in a class of it's own. Seems like I'm reviewing a lot of those but this car is no exception. The handling is just top notch. Nothing else like it. But the power just isn't there. In fact, for cheaper, you can get some of the high end racing LMP's in the game such as the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP, my favorite race car in the game, the Mazda 787B, Jaguar XJR 9, and more. Even for the same price you can get a more powerful version of the car, the 2013 model. And I mean come on, that thing is so shiny!

Noted features: You'd think with just 300 hp you'll be way too slow. But, you're wrong. This thing is a 200 mph race car. Thanks to it's delta wing design, you'll get an amazingly low drag coefficient. This thing is fast AND grippy. Plus, it looks pretty dang cool. One of the more interesting cars in the game. Cockpit view is a little too obstructive in my opinion and you have a giant mirror in the right hand side of the screen which is just way too obtrusive. Remember the handling on this thing is amazing. Use the oversteer to make you turn tighter. It's hard to explain how it works, it's something you just really have to experience.

As requested by SonicCharmeleon

-side note, try the 2013 version. It's more powerful so you'll probably have more power to compete with the cars this thing should race against. plus, it's so shiny!

Running low on in game money so tomorrow I'll bring you a review of a car I already have: Lotus Elise 111r (it's an overlooked car with a lot of potential, no groaning here :) ) To keep things spicy I'll bring you a review of it stock and tuned and how I tuned it. In my spare time playing the game I'll be working on getting credits as efficiently as possible to get the classic reviews back. These expensive racing car reviews have really drained me of my credits lol. But that's no problem, I enjoy it. If I have time I might throw it a review of a racing car of my choice. Don't worry though, this shouldn't happen that often and I think it will be a good thing to keep everything interesting here and maybe you guys will want to see more of it as well. Anyways, that's all for today's updates. I'll check back later of course to answer questions or requests etc. Have a good Sunday guys, enjoy what time left of the week you have left!

Wow, your recent reviews are amazing. You are able to express what think but i can't say it and you are just right on. Your writing is very clear, accurate and to the point. Good work buddy! What tracks do you test the car on? And are you testing them on stock form?

Nice reviews!
Do some hot hatches and other sport cars if possible. ;)
I had an idea, what about you use some kind of score system for the cars? Like 0 to 10 or something like that! Just a suggestion, keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back