"Premiums" The Good & The Bad

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 18 comments
  • 1,838 views
Messages
1,140
United States
USA
Yes, this thread is meant to run in conjunction with the Standards thread. I thought this would be a neat idea, however, premiums weren't upgraded, so they either look outstanding or well... ok. I'm sure you get the idea. So, this thread is based on opinion.

For example, 'The 2013 Pagani Huayra looks better than the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale because, it has (this or that). -In this case it would be because the Huayra uses AA.

Go ahead and post a picture of what car you think looks better compared to others!
(Photo mode is a great tool)

Thread type was not found in search
 
With the "one man, one car" philosophy PD is rumoured of having, the quality of a car will always depend on the person modeling it.
 
With the "one man, one car" philosophy PD is rumoured of having, the quality of a car will always depend on the person modeling it.
Yep, and how do you measure quality levels? On premium cars i mean. They all look pretty good its hard to find faults
 
By this I mean: which premiums have the best looking interiors, drive realistic or have better detail than other premiums.

Example: GT5P versus GT6.
 
Lotus Elise has one of the poorest interiors.

Guessing the ones with no modeled working fuel gauges or clocks would be inferior to the ones with.
 
Lotus Elise has one of the poorest interiors.

Guessing the ones with no modeled working fuel gauges or clocks would be inferior to the ones with.

This is what the thread should consist of. Opinions.
 
I think that premium cars only look bad in certain light or at a certain distance. There's no denying that they look astonishing at close range though.
 
Some (presumably earlier models) do look a little less detailed, two off of the top of my head would be the C5 Z06 '04 and the M5 '08.
 
Yeah, there's something curiously odd about the premium M5.
 
Has anyone hating on this thread the even looked at the FD RX7?
 
I can already tell where this thread will be heading

4c80da1255ad5a66bb3cbb9ed664ecc9195f3b5eeae0058e49bf99e8b304892a.jpg
 
Even trying to find quality differences in premiums? Really? Er, well, good luck.
It's not too terribly difficult to see which ones were made circa GT: P. The differences in interior modeling details are self evident between the F40 and, say, the R32 GT-R.
Then there are cars like the C5 Corvette where PD in general made a hash of it, with enough modeling errors that the Standard car looks more accurate; though thankfully that is quite uncommon.
 
Not quite. This thread is basically a general disscussion about premiums in general. I appreciate your concerns though.

My thread is technically a sequel to the original "Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly thread.

Ah, fair enough then, that makes sense. 👍

I'll chip in with my thoughts - the worst interiors I've seen have to be the R32 Skyline and the Elise 111R (both of which have messed up smudge-fests for interiors).

However, one of my biggest problems with Premiums isn't really the quality (although this would be nice to achieve), but the camera inconsistencies (try any premium Impreza hatchback for a problematic camera - too far back, pointed down at an odd angle, and the dials appear far too small and thus illegible). Another problem I dislike is the dodgy instruments (mph dials reading in km/h) and some cars (Lancer Evolution X, Evoque) not displaying the gears selected for paddle gearboxes. These two problems directly affect gameplay more so than the graphically worse interiors, especially if you play with no HUD (which I like to do).

If you really want to look at how bad the camera problems can be, check the SLR (which is nearly a terrible camera pun :lol:).
 
Back