Primus Ortus

Thank you all for the kind replies!

This is a much more favorable edit. The realism factor is very high! 👍

Thanks - I've definitely progressed from when I first edited these shots, which is why I've gone back on quite a few...

I have to agree with Lilmann. This edit looks so much nicer, much cleaner looking too. :drool:

I've been... Um... At the... Pet... Gym. Training my... New dog? I don't know, but I've come back now. :P

Thanks Skython! Glad your back from the gym training your dog... :)

The Re-mixed version looks so much better now, love it.

Thanks NBD - I appreciate the kind words. 👍

SVX
That detail... SO INTENSE! :eek:

Hah, thanks SVX!

Such an awesome photo in the first instance and the re-edit is much better than the first time around (though that was good itself), this one has the tones just perfect and the aspect ratio is more pleasing. 👍 :bowdown:

Thank you Nato - that's nice of you.. 👍

GPR
Oh my lord, that re-edit is stunning I love it. Even better the second time around, well done sir. 👍 I must say your last two scenery edits have been awesome keep it up! :)

Thanks GPR - that seems to be the prevailing sentiment. :)

beautiful landscape photos

Thank you krysalis!

Beautiful pictures Primus! 👍

}:^{>

Thanks StrayShadow!

Re-edit is even better than original one! Nice done, I like the cleanliness and details :drool:

Thank you for the visit and comment Qnrad!

The warm tones and the high contrast are simply amazing. Great stuff, Primus Ortus. :drool: 👍

Thanks GT-R!

That is incredible! :bowdown:

Thank you el fayce!

(I'm gonna be Skrillex now :lol:) Yes, OMG!!! :drool:

LOL, thanks GTracer98! 👍

Ok -finally got time to take some cars for a drive. Tried my hand at drifting, and well, I still stink. It didn't take long before I went back to fast and planted. :) Each one is edited differently, although some may look similar. Thanks for visiting!

Last edited:
Interesting focus point in the last shot. Really makes it seem that theNSX is the prey. And no, none of them look similar (editing-wise), they are all individual and stand out from each other. 👍

I really like this set, the retro tone are very nice and the warmth of them give them life and energy. Some good compositions there too. Can't pick a fav really, well done. 👍

Lovely set. Shots 4 & 5 are epic:drool:

Great use of focus & shutter speed, and superb toning.👍

Thanks G73! The last 2 are my favorites. :)

Awesome set! :drool:

Thank you Nicolas!

What a set ! Fantastic pictures Dave ! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thank you Ilya!

What a fantastic set! :drool: 👍

Thank you GT-R!

Interesting focus point in the last shot. Really makes it seem that theNSX is the prey. And no, none of them look similar (editing-wise), they are all individual and stand out from each other. 👍

Thanks Skython!

GPR
I really like this set, the retro tone are very nice and the warmth of them give them life and energy. Some good compositions there too. Can't pick a fav really, well done. 👍

Thank you GPR!

Here's a couple old shots with an artistic bent. My favorite is the dark/desaturated portion on left part of the sea at Monaco.

Monaco Race Day

Mercedes Infrared

Your work always amased me, and this is no exception .. the first of Cote D' Azur is just so magnific .. I ... Shall ... use ... it ... as ... facebook ... cover ... NAW!!! :drool:👍

Excellent work, Primus Ortus. The first shot has something calming to it, which I like a lot. I also like the contrasts found in the second image - simple and beautiful. Top-notch post-editing. As expected. ;)

Love that Cote D' Azur scenery shot. Very nice editing the water tones in particular are really great. My only little crit is the horizon line isn't straight, but other than that its super. 👍

I don't even deserve to be here, but, Oh My!

You work the tarmac like no other. The total skill displayed here is comparable to the best of the best.

The care for detail you have is dizzying in it's scope. I'm in awe Sir. Can't pick a fave.

A gallery of carefully plotted moves.

I can't 'see' what you see yet. You rule. Game over. Wow!:bowdown:

Infared...;)

The tsukuba remix is really better than the original, very reallistic 👍
I find your GT500 set really impressive with a superb work on toning (as usual). Pics #1 & #3 are my fav'. "Monaco race day" is also a great pic, very original and well done 👍
"Hot laps", "Gullwings" and "Rays on the Ring" are really superb mate :)

Just another edit of an old pic. I dig the tone and lighting in this one and hope you do as well.

Your work always amased me, and this is no exception .. the first of Cote D' Azur is just so magnific .. I ... Shall ... use ... it ... as ... facebook ... cover ... NAW!!! :drool:👍

Thanks tronrider - that's very nice of you to say. :)

Great shots! I love the Monaco one. Fantastic scenery. :drool:

Thanks GT HP Nut - I like my re-edit of Monaco as well. 👍

Excellent work, Primus Ortus. The first shot has something calming to it, which I like a lot. I also like the contrasts found in the second image - simple and beautiful. Top-notch post-editing. As expected. ;)

Thank you GT-R - you are always too kind. 👍

GPR
Love that Cote D' Azur scenery shot. Very nice editing the water tones in particular are really great. My only little crit is the horizon line isn't straight, but other than that its super. 👍

Thanks GPR - I see where you are coming from on the horizon. Ironically, I did that on purpose to make it look like the horizon was curved. In conjunction with the dark water on the left, it changes the perspective. :sly:

I don't even deserve to be here, but, Oh My!

You work the tarmac like no other. The total skill displayed here is comparable to the best of the best.

The care for detail you have is dizzying in it's scope. I'm in awe Sir. Can't pick a fave.

A gallery of carefully plotted moves.

I can't 'see' what you see yet. You rule. Game over. Wow!:bowdown:

Infared...;)

LOL MoMo, you crack me up. Thanks!

The "Monaco Race Day" is Beautiful :drool:

Thank you el fayce, that's very nice of you. :)

Very nice Monaco pic, reminds my hollidays near Cannes :)

If that's the case, then I've succeeded. Every pic should draw us into the scene like a story. Thank you for the kind words HaerBev!

The tsukuba remix is really better than the original, very reallistic 👍
I find your GT500 set really impressive with a superb work on toning (as usual). Pics #1 & #3 are my fav'. "Monaco race day" is also a great pic, very original and well done 👍
"Hot laps", "Gullwings" and "Rays on the Ring" are really superb mate :)

Thanks Kodje - I agree about tsukuba as well regarding it being better than the first. Thanks for the nice comments! 👍

Ah I see well no knowing the horizon curve was intentional for the reason you stated then I don't mind it. ;)

Wow that new nismo edit is really awesome. I do like the toning and light a lot. Well done mate. Plus the shot is composed well too. The warmth and energy of it is great. 👍 👍

Your re-edits lately have been really great. :)

Completely agree with you on the lighting and toning, Primus Ortus. It's worth mentioning that I also like the composition - the depth of field just further improves it. Well done. 👍

Great use of warm tones in this last re-edit work 👍 I like very much the apsect of the road on the foreground, and nice bokeh also.
And the new sign you use since sometimes is very classy 👍

Hey Primus, I see the Ferrari bokeh comp entry is not here yet, but I've got to say what a superb shot - and so nice to see an F1 car with proper F1 camber on the front boots:drool:

So I got a few moments to actually take some new pics instead of just doing re-edits - surprised? :scared: Anyhoo, I couldn't help myself and brought along the F1 again. I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist... :guilty: My favorite is the last. Not to boast, but I think those are the best GT5 trees I've done. I left off the frame and the signature, because I really like the realism. I hope you like it too. Click on them to see the details. :) (P.S. - the front wheel caps on an F1 don't spin, so although the tyres/wheels are going, the center doesn't. On the profile picture (No. 4) I spun them in editing to make it look different...)

____________________​
GPR
Ah I see well no knowing the horizon curve was intentional for the reason you stated then I don't mind it. ;)

Wow that new nismo edit is really awesome. I do like the toning and light a lot. Well done mate. Plus the shot is composed well too. The warmth and energy of it is great. 👍 👍

Your re-edits lately have been really great. :)

Thanks GPR - I don't have as much time to get on the PS3 and play, so lately it seems I'm just doing some re-edit work on old photos.

It would be cool to see a recreation of this race in your excellent photos, Primus.

That would be fun, if I could find the time. Thanks for the compliment. Taiga did a great recreation of his own race here, that I thought was amazing.

Completely agree with you on the lighting and toning, Primus Ortus. It's worth mentioning that I also like the composition - the depth of field just further improves it. Well done. 👍

Thanks GT-R as always!

Great use of warm tones in this last re-edit work 👍 I like very much the apsect of the road on the foreground, and nice bokeh also.
And the new sign you use since sometimes is very classy 👍

You are too kind Kodje. By the way, your LFA at Eiger photo is amazing. 👍

Hey Primus, I see the Ferrari bokeh comp entry is not here yet, but I've got to say what a superb shot - and so nice to see an F1 car with proper F1 camber on the front boots:drool:

Thank you Giulietta - I was happy that it made the poll, but I knew it wouldn't do well. There were some amazing photos in that group. Proper camber on the F1 is crucial. :) I have found though, that in order to get the camber to look right, I have to set it way too high. In order for the F1 to ride right, I usually set it at around 2.4 on the front.

Last edited:
Thx a lot Dave :cheers:
I totally understand your choice of fav' in this last set. This one is awesome, great use of this kind of angle for a perfect composition 👍 The smooth rendering of the tree is excellent and the tonning is just at the top. Bravo !
And the others ones are also great, I especially like the warm tone of this set and the collection of nice angles you've used 👍

I agree with Jeremy, the warm tones in this set are nice and angles you've captured are also very good. Also good choice for your entry out of those. 👍

Funny I went with the same car for my entry. ;)

This set is sooooo good - there is a certain magic that happens when you and the Ferrari F1 come together. :) The beautiful warm tones and expertly composed photos make for very pleasant viewing. And that last shot! :eek: :drool: :bowdown: If it wasn't for the GT logo in the top corner you wouldn't know it came from the game. ;)

I absolutely love the soft lighting in your latest shots, Primus Ortus. The tones and individual compositions are spot on, as well. Keep the great work coming! :) 👍

Back