Pro hatchback A class challenge

• Thread starter chrishagan
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
Sunderland
Hi all can anyone recomend a car for this event? i have tried a fully tuned rs500 and a vw but can still only make 2nd place.:banghead:
Thanks.

Too much understeer in the RS500, you can't go anywhere near the power until you're straightened the car up, something 4WD or something with plenty of grip and RWD like the Lotus Evora should do well

something 4WD or something with plenty of grip and RWD like the Lotus Evora should do well

Hatchback. I don't think the Evora counts as a hatchback. And if it's the race I'm thinking of (gold wristband race in Carson), then it's limited to FWD cars. I suggest you drop the difficulty to Easy, because of two reasons:

1) FWD have serious traction issues (since you can't adjust diff settings)
2) The second turn, going through the fountain, is a 🤬 🤬 uneven bumpy piece of 🤬

One of these FWD hatchback races is near a "Megatune" event that covers a very similar route. I ran the two in short succession, using a Miata for the other one, and the difference in cornering competency was incredible.

On the subject of differential settings, you'd probably do best to equip a Race Differential. I haven't spent a lot of time in FWDs yet but the Street Differential seems too weak for the sort of cars in this event. Stay in higher gears more often than you would usually, and carefully use the shoulders to expand your line if you need to.

Exactly this^^, and try to use engine braking as much as you can. Most of the time you can go around a turn in higher speeds if you just stay off the gas, but enter the turn at the perfect angle and speed.

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/29945756.jpg

The Ford Focus RS500, at least in this game, handles awful. It just will not turn, and its grip is laughable. I won the event by buying and tuning up the 2012 Ford Focus ST, making sure to put extra-special tires on it to help counteract that lack of grip when turning. It still handles poorly, but it got the event done without much fuss. 👍

That's the kind of event I'd set the AI to easy for. I really hate driving FWD cars in FH. Especially if they're high powered, like what you're gonna need in A-Class.

Thanks for the replies all, i did it today using the vw scirocco i tuned it to the max but not with power.
I fitted better tyre compound,wider tyres, racing diff, uprated roll bars, weight saving and better induction kit + exhaust.
To be honest it was a walkthrough after that, the difference was night and day, so fwd cars dont need extra power just lighten them and give them grip.👍

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/29945756.jpg

The Ford Focus RS500, at least in this game, handles awful. It just will not turn, and its grip is laughable. I won the event by buying and tuning up the 2012 Ford Focus ST, making sure to put extra-special tires on it to help counteract that lack of grip when turning. It still handles poorly, but it got the event done without much fuss. 👍

Haha! I wish I had read this about an hour ago! You're totally right...

Thanks for the replies all, i did it today using the vw scirocco i tuned it to the max but not with power.
I fitted better tyre compound,wider tyres, racing diff, uprated roll bars, weight saving and better induction kit + exhaust.
To be honest it was a walkthrough after that, the difference was night and day, so fwd cars dont need extra power just lighten them and give them grip.👍

That's exactly the way I did it, I saw the event and thought I may as well put the Scirocco to use and from knowing what the track was like decided to go for handling over power. Well done on beating it.

That's exactly the way I did it, I saw the event and thought I may as well put the Scirocco to use and from knowing what the track was like decided to go for handling over power. Well done on beating it.
Thanks m8 i never thought less power would get the job done.lol.:lol:

Latest Posts

Back