Pro Race Driver - New screenies PS2vs.Xbox

Has anyone linked up 2 PSX's and played 4 player TOCA 2. That was one of the best things. Having 4 Lister Storms Racing in the wet. I hope they do something like that for the new version.

yuck, i thought this game was going to be good, considering it is from codemasters (colin mcrae series). But from the look of the cars shown here it looks like it might be crappy.

Eagle talon? who races an eagle talon? nothing against dsm owners, they can be fast for drag, but who guts one and prepares it for REAL racing? theyre slow and heavy. whats with those clear tail lights and cheesy stickers?

i smell rice. :(

Oh well, hopefully im wrong, i had high hopes for this one along with colin mcrae 3. Im already sure cm3 will be great though. I was amazed with how good cm2 was and the third is looking to be much better.

GT3 is a great game, but now i can only consider it a solo time trial type racer, cause the AI is soooo damn horrible. You dont get the great feeling of making passes, which i consider the most fun of all. so i was hoping this game would deliver a good career sim type experience.

DTM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting this game now DTM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by advanR
yuck, i thought this game was going to be good, considering it is from codemasters (colin mcrae series). But from the look of the cars shown here it looks like it might be crappy.

Eagle talon? who races an eagle talon? nothing against dsm owners, they can be fast for drag, but who guts one and prepares it for REAL racing? theyre slow and heavy. whats with those clear tail lights and cheesy stickers?

i smell rice. :(

Well, just on that - didn't the Talons run in the old US Supertouring championship - someone on the US might be better placed to tell you this, but I think they're running in whatever the touring car series is that replaced Supertouring.

Just on that, I thought I read initial reports suggesting that Pro Race Driver would be tailored to each market - ie. Australia would get V8 Supercars, Europe DTM cars, etc.

It now appears that everyone gets everything - is this the case?

If so, then I wouldn't be too worried about an Eagle Talon - there'll be plenty to choose from.

prorace_screen003.jpg

I really, truly, sincerely hope that CM ditch the McKane guy and allow the player to use their own names.

The cars rock in my opinion but the pictures of the drivers totally suck. I do not want any of them representing me, no way!

<Insert picture of Tickford here>

I would suggest the GT3 model is better - but then, I imagine the Pro Race Driver will be more technically correct after a couple of solid hits!!

It looks pretty good though - is that an X-Box or PS2 shot - I'm guessing Hex-Box

i'm sorry for my eyes I can't tell the difference between them I think they are using the same pics for both xbox and ps2

Back