Procar.

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 69 comments

Cap'n Jack

Premium
Australia
South of the South
GoldMineGutted
Ok, this is just a thread to talk about PROCAR.
If you don''t know what pro car is your an idiot!:lol: Joking

You an talk about...
Nation's cup
GT proformance car cup
Australian Production car cup
Brute Ute's
and The formula 3.

So...talk! Or not.:)

I don't like the monaro either(and I'm a holden fan).
I like the viper's the best, I can't wait to see them back!

Also There is going to be a Honda NSX, Chevrolet Covette C5, TVR chimera or what ever, It's all on the Procar website. Oh yeah, the mosler is racing aswell!:D

I can't wait till the 24 hour race at Bathurst! Apparently the team that had the Ford GT will be running a GT40 in the race!:D That will be so cool, the bathust 24 hour is going to be better that ever!

i love the monaro for what it is, a 427ci monaro!!!

i just wish it was a production car

radicool02 why dont you like the monaro? (besides its not a production car and running in the 24h)

Well I don't hate them, I think I ment I dont like them as much as the viper's in my last post.

yeah the Vipers are nice

BTW i saw that maroon GTR the other day

The viper's are the nicest car's out there!
Is the Nation's cup on the same day as the V8 supercar's?, I hope it is because I have never seen a viper in my life and I really want to see one as they are my favorite car's.

Anyone know what happened to the FTO that was running in the APCC? Having Celicas 'rule the roost' is getting on my nerves:)

i just wish it was a production car
Nations Cup is not a Production Car Series. Check with CAMS. According to CAMS, the Confederation of Australian MotorSport, if you want to watch production cars, you should be watching GTP, V8 Brutes, Saloon Car Racing or V8 Supercars(?).

Originally posted by radicool02
The viper's are the nicest car's out there!
Is the Nation's cup on the same day as the V8 supercar's?, I hope it is because I have never seen a viper in my life and I really want to see one as they are my favorite car's.

just go to the chyrsler dealer on main north rd, they have a red Viper GTS there, theyve had it there for awhile and it was still there a couple weeks ago so i guess it still is

Is that where the chrysler shop is now, I thaught it was in the city but it's a lexus shop, I wanna go there.

Moving a discussion on Monaro's eligibility to here:

quote:
Yes, Nations Cup is a GT class and the cars must conform to the NATIONS CUP standards. The Bathurst 24hr has the same NC standards which are BASED on N-GT. Therefore, cars from other series which are also BASED on N-GT, and run at N-GT speeds are also eligible to enter.
Bathurst has no regulations of its own. You can enter cars based on a number of different regulations (such as NC or GT300, etc.) but there are no specific 'bathurst' regs.

I know what the Nations Cup Monaros are. They were built by Garry (thats double r) Rogers (no d) Motorsport in conjunction with Holden and not HSV. They are run as a CV8, NOT a HSV GTS Coupe or a HRT427.

The HRT427 is the orange car which was seen at the Sydney Motor Show in 2002 and was designed and built by HSV with HRT built mechanicals.

From the homologated cars list for Nation's Cup:

Nations Cup Car List
Group 1
MERCEDES CLK 55 Coupe
MOSLER MT900R
SAAB 9-3 VECTOR
TVR CHIMAERA GT
Group 2
BMW HARTGE Z3 E36 ROADSTER
CHEVROLET C5 CORVETTE
FERRARI 355 CHALLENGE
FERRARI 360 CHALLENGE
FORD MUSTANG COBRA RA

HOLDEN MONARO VX 427
LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SVR
LOTUS ESPIRIT SPORT 350 TT
MASERATI GHIBLI GT CUP
MASERATI TROFEO
NISSAN SKYLINE R33 GTR
NISSAN SKYLINE R34
PORSCHE GT3 911 CLUBSPORT
TOYOTA SUPRA RZ

Get the hint?
I maintain that the show car was not build by HRT, but by GRM, as they displayed the yellow car that was to compete.

Tell me where you can find what cars are eligible for NC and with what modifications. I have a copy of the PROCAR technical regulations and there is nothing in there and I have searched the CAMS website and there is nothing there. I know #427 and #05 were exactly the same. I was reffering to the HRT427 concept/show car which many ill-informed people claimed was the basis of the NC Monaros.
Most regs are available on the website (including the list of homologated cars provided above) but for the actual car specs, from memory you need to contact Procar in writing.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The problem is, that the Nation's Cup under which the Monaro is entered REQUIRES homologation, so anyone else CANNOT just make up a sports car and enter the 7 litre monaro's entry was fudged.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Monaro is so ineligible, why haven't it's victorys been contended? Why haven't the other teams who would have much to gain from it's being stripped of it's wins formally complained to PROCAR or the FIA?
Because Procar has the rule that they can make exceptions, basically, based on a car's performance, incidently is also why it took the TVR so long to be entered - it performed too well.

edit -- just some formatting changes

I don't like the monaro either(and I'm a holden fan).
I like the viper's the best, I can't wait to see them back!

Also There is going to be a Honda NSX, Chevrolet Covette C5, TVR chimera or what ever, It's all on the Procar website. Oh yeah, the mosler is racing aswell!:D

I can't wait till the 24 hour race at Bathurst! Apparently the team that had the Ford GT will be running a GT40 in the race!:D That will be so cool, the bathust 24 hour is going to be better that ever!
That's the list of all possible cars, so not all the cars seen there will be competing, it's just the list of cars that have already been homologated.

I'd love to see a GT40 there. It'd look good, even though IMO it's got no chance!:)

Is that where the chrysler shop is now, I thaught it was in the city but it's a lexus shop, I wanna go there.

i dont know about the city, i was just drivin up Main north rd one day and there it was in the window, i was like:eek:

Bathurst has no regulations of its own. You can enter cars based on a number of different regulations (such as NC or GT300, etc.) but there are no specific 'bathurst' regs.
I know there are no specific Bathurst regulations!! I said the Nations Cup cars are BASED on N-GT regulations and are eligible to enter as are any other cars from any other series, including GT300, American Trans-Am, Lamborghini Cup and a host of others, which are also based on N-GT regulations or run at N-GT or similar speeds.
I maintain that the show car was not build by HRT, but by GRM, as they displayed the yellow car that was to compete.
The yellow GRM car, #427, was at the Sydney Motor Show in 2002 for a few days at the start of the show. When it was removed, the orange concept/show car was then put on the main Holden stand. This is the car which was designed and built by HSV, used HRT built running gear and was badged HRT427. This is the car many people thought was the basis for the NC CV8 Monaros. They are wrong.
Nations Cup Car List
Group 1
MERCEDES CLK 55 Coupe
MOSLER MT900R
SAAB 9-3 VECTOR
TVR CHIMAERA GT
Group 2
CHEVROLET C5 CORVETTE
FERRARI 355 CHALLENGE
FERRARI 360 CHALLENGE
FORD MUSTANG COBRA RA
HOLDEN MONARO VX 427
LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SVR
MASERATI GHIBLI GT CUP
MASERATI TROFEO
NISSAN SKYLINE R33 GTR
NISSAN SKYLINE R34
TOYOTA SUPRA RZ
So where is the Diablo SVR, 360 Michelotto, 911RS and Viper GTS in the Group One list? Are these cars illegal in Group One also?
Because Procar has the rule that they can make exceptions, basically, based on a car's performance, incidently is also why it took the TVR so long to be entered - it performed too well.
The FIA is a far higher power than PROCAR or CAMS so I ask again. If the Monaro is SOOO illegal, why haven't any of the other competitors approached the FIA?

Originally posted by Schrodes
This is the car many people thought was the basis for the NC CV8 Monaros. They are wrong.
There is no CV8 Nation's Cup entry.
Let's read the entry again, as supplied by Procar:
HOLDEN MONARO VX 427
And for the slow:
According to Procar, it is the basis.

So where is the Diablo SVR, 360 Michelotto, 911RS and Viper GTS in the Group One list? Are these cars illegal in Group One also?
Not sure, maybe you should ask Procar...
Procar hasn't even got around to releasing the Adelaide entry list yet, even though entries closed ~a week ago.

The FIA is a far higher power than PROCAR or CAMS so I ask again. If the Monaro is SOOO illegal, why haven't any of the other competitors approached the FIA?
Until the 427 was canned as a production car, it was fully legal (according to the NC 'rules')
After it became illegal for homologation, it's a bit late to do anything about it for 2 reasons, 1. Procar thinks that the monaro attracts spectators (which it may do)
2. Because procar has the final say in who can enter races and can change regulations to suit.
My understanding is that the FIA has little to do with procar's regulations after licencing, so I don't know if some have 'gone all the way' or have just stuck with complaining to procar.

There is no CV8 Nation's Cup entry.
Let's read the entry again, as supplied by Procar:
HOLDEN MONARO VX 427
And for the slow:
According to Procar, it is the basis.
This car is in the Group 2 list. Here it is again:
Group 2
CHEVROLET C5 CORVETTE
FERRARI 355 CHALLENGE
FERRARI 360 CHALLENGE
FORD MUSTANG COBRA RA
HOLDEN MONARO VX 427
LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SVR
MASERATI GHIBLI GT CUP
MASERATI TROFEO
NISSAN SKYLINE R33 GTR
NISSAN SKYLINE R34
TOYOTA SUPRA RZ
Does it say HRT427 or does it say Holden Monaro? There have been plenty of rumours about a Monaro entry for Group 2 for a long time. This is obviously the car they have been talking about but it DOES NOT say HRT427.
Again for the slow, DOES NOT say HRT 427.
From elsewhere on this website:
05 Peter Brock Greg Murphy Jason Bright Todd Kelly Garry Rogers Motorsport AUSTRALIA Holden Motorsport Holden Monaro CV8 Red 6998
Again:
Nathan Pretty Garth Tander Cameron McConville Steven Richards Garry Rogers Motorsport AUSTRALIA Just Car Insurance Holden Monaro CV8 Yellow 6998
From the PROCAR website:
Adelaide Parklands

PROCAR Lap Records
Qualifying: 1:23.7854, John Bowe, Ferrari 360 GT, 22/03/2003
Race: 1:24.2345, Nathan Pretty, Holden Monaro CV8, 22/03/2003
From PROCAR's Bathurst 24hr website Entry List:
CAR DRIVER 1 DRIVER 2 DRIVER 3 DRIVER 4 ENTRANT COUNTRY SPONSOR MAKE MODEL COLOUR CAP
05 Peter Brock Greg Murphy Jason Bright Todd Kelly Garry Rogers
Motorsport AUSTRALIA Holden Motorsport Holden Monaro
CV8 Red 6998
427 Nathan Pretty Garth Tander Cameron
McConville Steven
Richards Garry Rogers
Motorsport AUSTRALIA Just Car Insurance Holden Monaro
CV8 Yellow 6998
Is that enough proof? Quite clearly there are Monaro CV8 entries!
Until the 427 was canned as a production car, it was fully legal (according to the NC 'rules')
Procar had plans and specifications for a Group One CV8 Monaro well before the HRT427 was designed let alone built, unveiled or the possibility of production was announced.
Because procar has the final say in who can enter races and can change regulations to suit.
My understanding is that the FIA has little to do with procar's regulations after licencing, so I don't know if some have 'gone all the way' or have just stuck with complaining to procar.
The Bathurst 24hr is an FIA sanctioned event, the FIA can over-rule PROCAR if it is deemed necessary. Never mind the cost of the car, if you spent hundreds of thousands of dollars developing, testing and in some cases, getting a car to another country, spending time searching for sponsors and taking into account the personal sacrifice both monetary and emotional and you were beaten by an illegal car, would you sit back and do nothing or be content complaining to PROCAR? Yet again I ask, if the Monaro is so illegal, why haven't any other competitors complained to the FIA and if they have, why haven't the FIA overturned the result?

From the Bathurst 24hr website:
Class A:
For cars complying with the current technical regulations for; Australian Nations Cup – Group 1, FIA Series Grand Touring Cars (N-GT), British GTO, All Japan GT - Group 2, American Grand – Am (GT), Lamborghini Trophy.

PROCAR Australia Pty Ltd, in conjunction with the CAMS reserve the right to invite vehicles from other Categories whose Technical Regulations are based on FIA Series N-GT regulations and a copy of such rules must be submitted at the time of the entry.

Class B:
For cars complying with the current technical regulations for:
Australian Nations Cup – Group 2

From the V8 Central website:
Are you sure the HRT427 road car will mirror the GRM Monaro CV8 racecar? I'm hoping it does but no definate specifications have been released as yet. There are some some glaring differences between the 'showcar' HRT 427 and the 'racecar' Monaro constructed by GRM. The main is the entire suspension, the HRT as displayed had HRT V8 supercar front uprights inc. Ohlins dampers not to mention a spooled 9 inch live axle lifted straight from V8 Supercar as well. The Nations Cup Monaro employs 7 litre (427 cublic inch) Alloy Gen 111 V8 Chev Engine (GRM Built) The HRT 427 used and I quote from HSV's press release here: "Based on a Corvette C5R race engine, it's been hand built by HRT technicians, incorporating their own unique piston and CNC cylinder head design. This very special powerplant feeds through eight individual throttle bodies with carbon fibre trumpets"

The Nations Cup Monaro uses a Hollinger 6 speed Sequential Gear Box and a Harrop developed Independant rear end incorporating a 9 inch diff centre.
The HRT 427 has a special T56 six-speed manual gearbox. Hand built for HSV by Tremec, it features the same lower ratios as the Corvette Z06 and includes triple synchros.

Finally to quote HSV's official release again:
"The car's release in Sydney attracted much attention - from the media, from HRT fans, and , importantly , from some 80 customers who paid HSV Retailers deposits on the car. At that time there were no specific pricing, specification levels, or production numbers, just a desire from HSV to showcase its ability, along with racing partner HRT, to develop a truly world class performance car"

As far as I can tell these are 2 different cars, developed by different teams of engineers to different purposes.
Get the hint?

I don't like getting into the nitty gritty regs all that much, but the Monaro DID compete - it was obviously eligable to compete other wise it would NOT hab\ve been competing.

Here is the latest entry list for the Clipsal Nations Cup races at Adelaide.
GROUP ONE
No DRIVER 1 ENTRANT SPONSOR MAKE MODEL COLOUR CAP
1 Paul Stokell Team Lamborghini Australia 1 Lamborghini Diablo GTR Black 5992
05 Peter Brock Team Brock Poolrite Holden Monaro CV8 Red 7000
7 D'Arcy Russell TVR 1 Dodge Viper ACR Red 7990
20 Ian Palmer Team Mongrel 1 Honda NSX Brabham White 3500
30 Mark Eddy Mark Eddy ED-HARRY Porsche 911 GT3 R White 3600
98 TBA Ross Palmer Motorsport 1 TBA TBA TBA TBA
420 TBA Terry Little Motorsport 1 BMW M3 GTR TBA 4941
427 Nathan Pretty Garry Rogers Motorsport Just Car Insurance/Holden Holden Monaro CV8 Yellow 7000
888 Allan Simonsen Mark Coffey Racing Coopers Ferrari 550GT Green 5474
TBA TBA Terry Little Motorsport 1 Porsche 911 GT3 RS Black 3600
GROUP TWOl
No DRIVER 1 ENTRANT SPONSOR MAKE MODEL COLOUR CAP
6 Rusty French Rusty French Racing Skye Sands TBA TBA TBA TBA
13 Matthew Turnbull Matthew Turnbull Fire Rating Solutions Porsche GT3 Clubsport Yellow 3598
18 Murray Carter Murray Carter 1 Chevrolet Corvette C5 Red 5665
24 Paul Blackie Paul Blackie Pro-Floor Porsche GT3 Clubsport Yellow 3598
54 John Teulan John Teulan Industry Central Ferrari 360 Modena Challenge Yellow/Red 3586
88 James Koundouris Mark Coffey Racing 11 Ferrari 360 Modena Challenge Red 3586
98 TBA Ross Palmer Motorsport 1 TBA TBA TBA TBA
TBC Theo Koundouris Dimitri Koundouris Supabarn Emporium Porsche GT3 Clubsport Silver 3598
Unfortunatley, the Mosler is not entered for the Nations Cup race at Adelaide. The car isn't in Australia yet. Dale Brede, who was to drive the car, was apparantley unable to find sponsorship and has accepted a drive with Adelaides Team Dynamik driving a Commodore V8 Supercar. Ralf Rupprecht (Rupprecht Motorsports) has said the car is definatley still coming here but they haven't found a replacement driver as yet.
Bad news Viper fans. Greg Crick isn't entered in the race. Although D'arcy Russell has put his hand up for another below average showing in the underfunded Team Viper Racing. I wish these blokes would find some money and get that Viper going the way it should. There was some rumours some time last year that Rusty French was bringing out a new Viper SRT-10 but wasn't sure he could get the money to upgrade the car to racing specs. Notice it says TBA under make and model for Rusty? Don't hold your breath, it's probably going to be his Porsche.
It looks like we are finally going to see a Ferrari 550 in Australia. This car usually races in the GTS class overseas, it should be in with a good chance. I'm looking forward to seeing, and hearing it in action.
Are we finally going to see the Honda NSX using a Judd V8 engine we have been hearing about for so long?
There will not be a second Lamborghini for Luke Youlden this year. TLA couldn't find the extra sponsorship required.
Terry Little is now running what was PHR last year. No mention of a driver for the V8 powered BMW M3 however.
Should be a good few days racing. I hope all these entries and a few more jump on for the rest of the season. Aaron Kelly (in charge of parity for NC) should have plenty of work this year.

I went to clipsal on saturday and there was only 8 nation's cup car's racing, i saw the corvette C5 in the procar paddock but it didn't enter the race. Also I still didn't see a viper! GRRR!

Sounds like the racing between Simonsen and Stokell was good. Can't wait untill it's on TV.

Attachments

• 1c_natcup16_m.jpg
    1c_natcup16_m.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 80
From what I saw it was good, I only watched the nation's cup from 2 different spots(turns 2 and 3)

When is procar on TV? I can't wait to see the whole race that I saw, I love the sound of that green ferrari.

Nations Cup Qualifying
Pos Car Driver Entrant Vehicle Cap CL Laps Fastest...Lap Gap

1 1 Paul Stokell (VIC) Team Lamborghini Australia Lamborghini DiabloGT 5707 GT 19 13 1:09.7755*
2 05 Peter Brock (vic) Poolrite Holden Monaro CV8 7000 GT 15 10 1:10.1234 0:00.3479
3 427 Nathan Pretty (VIC) Garry Rogers Motorsport Holden Monaro CV8 7000 GT 10 9 1:10.1595 0:00.3840
4 24 Stephen Borness Ross Palmer Motorsport Holden Monaro CV8 7000 TR 10 8 1:12.6473 0:02.8718
5 4 William Pye (NSW) AutoHaus GT3 Cup 3.6 A 10 4 1:12.8761 0:03.1006
6 9 David Stevens (NSW) Brennan IT/SecureTel Porsche 911 GT2 6117 GT 16 3 1:13.2031 0:03.4276
7 33 Theo Koundouris (ACT) Supabarn Emporium Porsche GT3 Carrera 3598 TR 15 11 1:13.3843 0:03.6088
8 54 John Teulan (QLD) Industry Central Ferrari 360 Modena 3586 TR 15 10 1:14.0941 0:04.3186
9 68 Kim Burke (NSW) GT3 3.6 A 8 7 1:14.7216 0:04.9461
10 48 David Giugni (ACT) Whiffens Fruit & Veg 993 RSCS 3.8 A 11 2 1:15.6852 0:05.9097
11 27 Paul Stuart (VIC) Big Softies Snugtime 993 RSCS 3.8 A 4 4 1:16.0052 0:06.2297
12 49 Trevor John (SA) Copy World 944 T 3 A 11 6 1:16.2639 0:06.4884
13 28 Andrew Luxton (VIC) "Lube Assist, Hyundai Construc 993 3.6 B 7 4 1:17.0054 0:07.2299
14 11 Don Tryhorn (VIC) 964 RS 3.6 B 4 2 1:17.9829 0:08.2074
15 12 Kevin Wickenden (NSW) Laurentide Finacial Services P 944 2.5 C 12 4 1:23.7350 0:13.9595
16 15 Martin Bailey (NSW) Martin Bailey Building 944 2.5 C 13 2 1:25.0121 0:15.2366
17 10 Greg Doyle (NSW) Pier Restaurant 944 2.5 C 11 2 1:25.0208 0:15.2453
NC Race 1
1 1 Paul Stokell (VIC) Team Lamborghini Australia Lamborghini DiabloGT 5707 GT 16 19:07.7677 3 1:09.9222*
2 427 Nathan Pretty (VIC) Garry Rogers Motorsport Holden Monaro CV8 7000 GT 16 19:15.2009 5 1:11.1107
3 05 Peter Brock (vic) Poolrite Holden Monaro CV8 7000 GT 16 19:15.3323 5 1:10.8174
4 24 Stephen Borness Ross Palmer Motorsport Holden Monaro CV8 7000 TR 16 19:53.2457 2 1:13.2780
5 4 William Pye (NSW) AutoHaus GT3 Cup 3.6 A 16 20:02.9223 3 1:13.8864
6 54 John Teulan (QLD) Industry Central Ferrari 360 Modena 3586 TR 16 20:05.7406 3 1:14.1211
7 33 Theo Koundouris (ACT) Supabarn Emporium Porsche GT3 Carrera 3598 TR 16 20:06.4121 6 1:14.1802
8 9 David Stevens (NSW) Brennan IT/SecureTel Porsche 911 GT2 6117 GT 16 20:10.5755 5 1:12.8963
9 48 David Giugni (ACT) Whiffens Fruit & Veg 993 RSCS 3.8 A 15 19:09.3612 7 1:15.3627
10 68 Kim Burke (NSW) GT3 3.6 A 15 19:20.7689 7 1:15.7646
11 49 Trevor John (SA) Copy World 944 T 3 A 15 19:21.2921 3 1:16.3253
12 28 Andrew Luxton (VIC) Lube Assist, Hyundai Construc 993 3.6 B 15 19:57.5724 6 1:17.3973
13 11 Don Tryhorn (VIC) 964 RS 3.6 B 15 20:02.6819 7 1:18.4702
14 27 Paul Stuart (VIC) Big Softies Snugtime 993 RSCS 3.8 A 14 19:29.0216 3 1:16.5617
15 10 Greg Doyle (NSW) Pier Restaurant 944 2.5 C 14 20:14.1142 4 1:24.6563
16 15 Martin Bailey (NSW) Martin Bailey Building 944 2.5 C 13 19:16.0473 2 1:26.3192
DNF 12 Kevin Wickenden (NSW) Laurentide Finacial Services P 944 2.5 C 8 11:33.4322 2 1:24.1856
GT Performance Qualifying
1 35 Ric Shaw (NSW) Ric Shaw Racing Mazda RX-7 S8 RS 4447 7 1 1:15.4181*
2 21 Garry Holt (NSW) Century 21/Eastern Creek Karts Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 15 1 1:16.0455 0:00.6274
3 2 Paul Stokell Volkswagen Group Australia Volkswagen Golf R32 3189 16 8 1:16.1501 0:00.7320
4 1 Mark King (QLD) King Springs/Delphi Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 13 2 1:16.1621 0:00.7440
5 60 Justin Hemmes Falken/Bilstein Subaru WRX STi(MY02) 3390 18 11 1:16.8033 0:01.3852
6 4 Gary Young (VIC) Readymix/Multiplex Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 21 6 1:16.9571 0:01.5390
7 300 Peter Floyd (VIC) www.kawasaki-fp.com HSV GTS VY 5665 9 6 1:17.0100 0:01.5919
8 23 Steve Knight (SA) Mitsubishi Electric Mitsubishi Evo VII 3395 20 6 1:17.0167 0:01.5986
9 15 Bob Hughes (NSW) Bob Hughes Special Vehicles Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 19 5 1:17.0883 0:01.6702
10 11 Barry Morcom (NSW) Rondo Building Services Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 20 9 1:17.0933 0:01.6752
11 9 Anton Mechtler (NSW) Anton Mechtler Mitsubishi Evo VII 3395 14 12 1:17.1843 0:01.7662
12 6 Ross Almond (SA) Toshiba Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 21 12 1:17.3337 0:01.9156
13 666 Ian Box (VIC) BT Lift Trucks Subaru WRX STi(MY02) 3390 17 6 1:17.6177 0:02.1996
14 123 Beric Lynton (QLD) Bruce Lynton BMW BMW M3 E46 3246 19 11 1:17.6664 0:02.2483
15 19 Steve Cramp (SA) C.V.W. Engineering HSV GTS VX 5665 19 10 1:17.7734 0:02.3553
16 88 Michael Brock (SA) Coopers Pale Ale Racing Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 19 9 1:17.8665 0:02.4484
17 5 Barrie Nesbitt (NSW) Barrie Nesbitt HSV GTS VY 5665 8 5 1:17.8797 0:02.4616
18 77 Nathan Pilkington (NSW) Roses Only/Motul Nissan 350Z 3500 15 12 1:17.8885 0:02.4704
19 33 Bob Pearson (NSW) PRO-DUCT Motorsport P/L Mazda RX-7 S8 4447 17 12 1:18.0236 0:02.6055
20 301 Warren Millett (NSW) Wake Up! HSV GTS VY 5665 9 5 1:18.1562 0:02.7381
21 57 Graham Alexander (VIC) A.C. DELCO Subaru WRX STi(MY02) 3390 10 6 1:18.3927 0:02.9746
22 87 John Falk (VIC) Team GT Tickford AUIII TE50 5605 18 4 1:18.4995 0:03.0814
23 7 Peter Boylan (NSW) Quirk's Refrigeration BMW M3 E46 3246 21 7 1:18.6116 0:03.1935
24 75 Aaron McGill (NSW) Dux Hot Water Nissan 200 SX GT 3397 11 10 1:18.6973 0:03.2792
25 44 Mark Cohen (NSW) 2ND CHANCE MORTGAGES HSV GTS VX 5665 15 5 1:19.1610 0:03.7429
26 16 John Grounds (QLD) Donut King Nissan 200 SX GT 3397 15 7 1:19.2874 0:03.8693
27 38 Dennis Gilbert (VIC) Castran Gilbert/The Age HSV GTS VY 5665 18 6 1:20.3148 0:04.8967
28 28 Gary Jackson (QLD) Alonzo Hair Care BMW M3 E46 3246 19 6 1:20.7848 0:05.3667
29 27 Chris Alajajian Jack Hillermans Smash Repairs BMW M Coupe 3246 1 1 1:21.5253 0:06.1072
30 12 Tony Alford (QLD) Donut King Nissan 200 SX GT 3397 13 11 1:22.3302 0:06.9121
GT-P Race 1
1 35 Ric Shaw (NSW) Ric Shaw Racing Mazda RX-7 S8 RS 4447 14 18:01.0006 5 1:16.5857
2 21 Garry Holt (NSW) Century 21/Eastern Creek Karts Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 14 18:01.9646 2 1:16.4018*
3 1 Mark King (QLD) King Springs/Delphi Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 14 18:10.8238 7 1:17.0118
4 60 Justin Hemmes Falken/Bilstein Subaru WRX STi(MY02) 3390 14 18:13.7943 2 1:16.9201
5 4 Gary Young (VIC) Readymix/Multiplex Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 14 18:15.2123 12 1:17.0848
6 23 Steve Knight (SA) Mitsubishi Electric Mitsubishi Evo VII 3395 14 18:16.7466 8 1:16.9882
7 6 Ross Almond (SA) Toshiba Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 14 18:17.2165 11 1:17.1663
8 15 Bob Hughes (NSW) Bob Hughes Special Vehicles Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 14 18:29.3716 5 1:17.6921
9 300 Peter Floyd (VIC) www.kawasaki-fp.com HSV GTS VY 5665 14 18:30.1936 11 1:18.0250
10 11 Barry Morcom (NSW) Rondo Building Services Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 14 18:30.8286 3 1:17.9891
11 9 Anton Mechtler (NSW) Anton Mechtler Mitsubishi Evo VII 3395 14 18:31.5749 8 1:17.9167
12 88 Michael Brock (SA) Coopers Pale Ale Racing Mitsubishi Evo VIII 3395 14 18:35.4183 11 1:18.1854
13 123 Beric Lynton (QLD) Bruce Lynton BMW BMW M3 E46 3246 14 18:38.5702 6 1:17.9890
14 19 Steve Cramp (SA) C.V.W. Engineering HSV GTS VX 5665 14 18:38.7679 10 1:18.2365
15 5 Barrie Nesbitt (NSW) Barrie Nesbitt HSV GTS VY 5665 14 18:48.4864 3 1:19.0150
16 77 Nathan Pilkington (NSW) Roses Only/Motul Nissan 350Z 3500 14 18:48.8245 6 1:18.8169
17 2 Paul Stokell Volkswagen Group Australia Volkswagen Golf R32 3189 14 18:51.1498 3 1:16.9129
18 87 John Falk (VIC) Team GT Tickford AUIII TE50 5605 14 18:52.3571 6 1:19.2236
19 7 Peter Boylan (NSW) Quirk's Refrigeration BMW M3 E46 3246 14 18:52.7407 6 1:18.9941
20 301 Warren Millett (NSW) Wake Up! HSV GTS VY 5665 14 18:54.2846 6 1:18.1462
21 44 Mark Cohen (NSW) 2ND CHANCE MORTGAGES HSV GTS VX 5665 14 18:54.5812 6 1:18.8399
22 38 Dennis Gilbert (VIC) Castran Gilbert/The Age HSV GTS VY 5665 14 19:09.9504 5 1:20.1152
23 28 Gary Jackson (QLD) Alonzo Hair Care BMW M3 E46 3246 13 18:03.9779 3 1:20.7693
24 16 John Grounds (QLD) Donut King Nissan 200 SX GT 3397 13 18:08.5532 10 1:19.8448
25 666 Ian Box (VIC) BT Lift Trucks Subaru WRX STi(MY02) 3390 13 18:42.1203 8 1:18.0933
26 33 Bob Pearson (NSW) PRO-DUCT Motorsport P/L Mazda RX-7 S8 4447 13 19:08.6857 8 1:18.2453
DNF 57 Graham Alexander (VIC) A.C. DELCO Subaru WRX STi(MY02) 3390 1 1:36.8765
DNF 75 Aaron McGill (NSW) Dux Hot Water Nissan 200 SX GT 3397
Australian Production Car Championship Qualifying
1 27 Chris Alajajian (NSW) Jack Hillermans Subaru Liberty GT 3389 A 13 12 1:21.8979*
2 1 Scott Loadsman (NSW) Paul Wakeling Holden CommodoreVYSS 5665 A 4 3 1:21.9290 0:00.0311
3 54 Ian Luff (NSW) Formica Honda Integra Type-R 1797 B 10 2 1:23.3869 0:01.4890
4 6 David Ratcliff (NSW) Ratcliff Transport Spares Toyota Celica SX 1796 B 12 5 1:23.7216 0:01.8237
5 30 David Ryan (NSW) Shell/Thomson Ford/GAM/Soltron Ford Falcon BA XR6 T 6772 A 8 6 1:23.8887 0:01.9908
6 32 David Caparo (NSW) Circle Corporation Alfa Romeo 156 GTA 3179 A 13 9 1:23.9086 0:02.0107
7 2 John Houlder (NSW) Haltech Ford Falcon BA XR8 5408 A 10 3 1:23.9959 0:02.0980
8 13 Colin Osborne (NSW) Osborne Motorsport Toyota Celica SX 1796 B 12 1 1:24.2578 0:02.3599
9 7 Peter Conroy (NSW) Hankook Tyres/DBA Honda Integra Type-R 1797 B 13 2 1:24.6104 0:02.7125
10 60 Adam Beechey (TAS) Greg Crick Honda Honda Integra Type-R 1797 B 13 13 1:24.6620 0:02.7641
11 12 Nick Dunkley (NSW) DAYCO/ONTRACK Motorsport Ford Falcon XR6 T 6772 A 10 8 1:24.6830 0:02.7851
12 28 Drew Russell (NSW) Formula Green Honda S2000 1997 A 10 4 1:25.1305 0:03.2326
13 44 Allan Shephard (NSW) Thrifty Car Rental Honda Integra Type-R 1797 B 12 2 1:25.1987 0:03.3008
14 11 Steve Drake (NSW) Brigitte Forestier Ford Falcon BA XR6 T 6772 A 11 3 1:25.4622 0:03.5643
15 42 Leanne Ferrier (NSW) Toyota Motor Corporation Toyota Corolla Sport 1796 C 4 3 1:25.5271 0:03.6292
16 3 David Russell (NSW) Proton Cars Australia Proton Satria GTi 1834 D 9 8 1:25.5966 0:03.6987
17 33 Geoff Russell (NSW) Proton Cars Australia Proton Satria GTi 1834 D 10 8 1:25.9104 0:04.0125
18 21 Lauren Gray Graham Roylett Motorsport Proton Satria GTi 1834 D 9 7 1:29.1150 0:07.2171
19 93 Lynne Champion (VIC) Fairways Guesthouse Ford Falcon AUIIIXR6 3984 C 10 5 1:29.7433 0:07.8454
20 22 Rick Bates (ACT) Daihatsu Motor Corporation Daihatsu Copen 1120 D 9 2 1:29.9198 0:08.0219
21 31 Rob Rubis (NSW) Osborne Motorsport Toyota Celica SX 1796 B 1 1 3:39.7780 2:17.8801

Very sad news. PROCAR has ceased all operations immediatley.
This is from the PROCAR website:
MOTOR racing organiser PROCAR Australia announced today it is ceasing operations immediately.

Ross Palmer, Chairman and founder of the Brisbane-based company, said a meeting of directors today unanimously agreed to a strategic withdrawal from the industry.
PROCAR, founded in 1994, staged the PROCAR Champ Series events and four motor racing series, the Australian Nations Cup Championship, Australian GT Performance Championship, Australian Production Car Championship and V8 BRutes Series.

Mr Palmer said PROCAR Australia has been supported in the past by substantial subsidy both from him personally and businesses within the Palmer Group, a situation which could not be sustained.

PROCAR will consult with its competitors and other constituents next week to seek input on the future of the company’s intellectual properties, including the racing categories.
Now we wait and see if someone will pick up the pieces of the Nations Cup, GT Performance, Australian Production Car Championship, V8 Brutes and of course the Bathurst 24 hour.

Anyone watch nations cup on FOX Sports 1 last night? The viper had the lead for about 5 seconds then the Monaro over took him!:mad: There wasn't very many cars racing.

Anyone watch nations cup on FOX Sports 1 last night?
What round was this? The Viper hasn't raced at all this year. It would have been a round from last year. Can you tell us which round.
I've given up on FOX. They don't tell you what is going to be on their motorsport programs. You might sit through one hour of boats and bikes (yawn) and not see anything that interests you. In fact, the only reason I got FOXTEL in the first place was because they told me they had the rights for the World of Outlaws. We got FOXTEL, they haven't shown the WoO since we got FOXTEL, nothing less than a year and a half old anyway. I have called them several times but all they say is 'we don't have the rights' and I say 'then why did you tell me you did?'.
The viper had the lead for about 5 seconds then the Monaro over took him!
That could be any race from the whole of last season. Poor old Cricky never got a look in against the Monaros. The Monaros were supposed to be built to the same performance levels as the Viper.

Back