Procar.

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 69 comments
What Avesco should really worry about is the spectators. They want to see cars going around the track realy fast. I don't really care if the GT cars can go faster than the V8's, I don't know about anybody else.

Still no solid news on Nations Cup yet but check this out from the FIA-GT website.

"PRESS RELEASE Further to the visit of Mr Jiro Kaji and Toshiyuki Ohya of the GT Association, Promoters of the Japan GT Championship, to the final round of the FIA GT Championship in Zhuhai, followed by a visit of Mr Stephane Ratel of SRO, promoter of the FIA GT Championship, to Tokyo last week, we are pleased to announce the following :

"The promoters intend to put a high level of effort into organising co-promoted championship events in 2006. Despite some differences in the technical regulations, both organisations will work with the FIA towards establishing a balance of performance between the FIA GT1 class and the JAF GT 500 class, as well as FIA GT2 regulations and the JAF GT 300 class for the joint events in the near future

"Stephane Ratel explained : ?The Japan GT Championship is the most competitive GT series outside of the FIA GT Championship. The new international ambitions of the GT Association match our views of developing the FIA GT as a global series, visiting four continents. Together with the Japanese cars and teams, we will present an outstanding grid, making us stronger in markets such as America, Australia and South East Asia. For all FIA competitors, racing in Japan with the Japanese teams will bring them the guarantee of a very large public, considerable TV coverage and huge media interest. East will meet west in a true World contest.?

"Jiro Kaji explained : ?Stephane Ratel has succeeded in bringing the event over to China all the way from Europe, and I pay a great respect to SRO and the teams who have made it possible. While some differences regarding technical regulations exist, I strongly believe it would be a great opportunity and exciting challenge to organise events together. We wish to work towards a collaboration that gives us two-tier benefits, which are; to allow both of us to keep our respective identities, and to impress the whole world together.?

"For more information on the Japan GT Championship, please visit www.jgtc.net or www.jgtcusa.net For more information on the FIA GT Championship, please visit www.fiagt.com"

I believe the deal is already done to have an FIA-GT race at Phillip Island in 2006 which may include JGTC cars and a deal is close for a non championship race at Bathurst for 2005.
Bathurst City Council have applied to the Government to run five races per year at Mount Panorama.

that'll be an awesome event...i love the phillip island track, and to see the JGTC cars fly round there would be awesome

and schrodes...lookin at your signature....arrogant pricks at brisbane....i dont follow the lions (GO THE BRISBANE BRONCOS), but i wouldnt call them arrogant, or pricks!!

Some more very interesting news. Got this from the PROCAR Forums.

Slade to drive with the devil in 2005.

ADELAIDE (Monday, Jan 10th 2005.) South Australian driver Tim Slade took another leap forward in his driving career today by announcing a development drive deal with leading Australian GT outfit Team Lamborghini Australia for season 2005.

Slade - currently preparing for an all out assault on this year’s Australian Formula 3 championship - will test one of Team Lamborghini Australia’s 600hp V-12 Diablo Sportscars later this month at Phillip Island in preparation for a possible limited race schedule later this season.

“Any sane human being has a desire to drive a pure thoroughbred Sportscar like the Lamborghini Diablo GTR. For me to have the chance to explore such a car’s abilities around a race track will be a fantastic opportunity,” said Slade today.

“Big thanks must go to Andrew Smith and the entire Team Lamborghini outfit for giving me this opportunity. I really can’t think of a better team to do this with.”

Team Lamborghini Australia has been Australia’s leading GT team in recent times, winning back to back Australian Nations Cup titles with driver Paul Stokell in 2003 and 2004. The team is currently preparing for this year’s Australian GT Sportscar Championship, due to start in April at South Australia’s Mallala Raceway.

“I have known Terry Little (Tim’s Manager) for a long time, so when he approached us with the opportunity to run Tim in one of our cars this season we were more than happy to do so.” Explained Team Lamborghini Australia Principal Andrew Smith.

“It’s a good opportunity for both parties. Tim gets some experience in a car with a roof, and we will get a driver who not only has talent, but suit’s the direction we want to take Team Lamborghini Australia.”

Tim Slade Racing corporate guests and partners will also have the opportunity to be a passenger with Slade in a Lamborghini Diablo ride car later in the season, as part of the TSR corporate supporters package.

lets get things going here, THAT MONARO IS A FARCE. it shouldnt be competiting
Sorry that you had monarophobia . It wasn't a FARCE it was a FORCE . The Porsche ~ The Ferrari ~ The Lamborghini ~ The BMW GTR V8
were not road cars either . Read the Regulations Mr . Uninformed

If the Monaro was a farce then so too were the Lamborghini ~ Ferrari
I don't like getting into the nitty gritty regs all that much, but the Monaro DID compete - it was obviously eligable to compete other wise it would NOT hab\ve been competing.

Holy grave-digging, Batman.

What a way to make your first post! - especially blasting someone who hasn't posted on this forum in 17 years. :lol:

Last edited:
I wonder if it's the real Ross Palmer, as in, the Ross Palmer that ran Procar for most of it's time? The age is about right I think.
I wouldn’t be surprised having quickly read up on Ross, the demise of Procar and a rant on the series’ official online forums by a user named ‘RossP’ in 2004.

Back