"Professionalism"

• Thread starter PUSH
  • 66 comments
United States
Reno/Nevada
Xx_-PusH-_xX
The past few days have been good and filled with great moments. I honestly have to say the skill level has changed the younger generation of drivers are faster and adapting quicker but unfortunately they are very cocky and immature with there thinking. I noticed this today in a random lobby as well as my own hosted lobby.
I hear drivers saying that they are "Elite" or "Pro" and its a disappointing and shame that they think its so easy to reach the Respected level of the Drift Community.

Professionalism: the skill, good judgment, and polite behavior that is expected from a person who is trained to do a job well. Professionalism is skill or behavior that goes beyond what an ordinary person would have or behaving in a more formal or business-like manner.

To me, and this is just my opinion. Professionals in any field have EARNED their respect by the actions that make the community better as a whole. I was actually very upset at the fact there are people that we considered friends just ignore some of the things ask in peoples lobbies by the host. It got to the point that people got kicked and it caused a bad vibe the rest of the time.

So for me I will just say this now... If you don't respect others in my lobbies and dont have respect for my attitude requirements in my lobbies, PLEASE DELETE ME from your friends list. I don't care if that's your style and you been like that since GT5. If that's the case don't enter any of my lobbies. It is that type of stubborn and simpleminded thinking that keeps holding the community down.

Just because you start a Team DOES NOT mean you are a "PRO" or respected member of the Drift Community.
Just because you can keep up with us or even be faster DOES NOT make you a "PRO".
If you are consistently talking about who you beat and how good you are you are not a "PRO".
If you can understand but refuse to practice/use Track Etiquette while in another persons Lobbies you are not a "PRO".
If you have only been on the scene since this game released you for damn sure have NOT earned your place with the Elite.
If YOUR TEAM LOBBY sounds like a ghetto low budget movie you really need to remove the word Professional from your Team.
Insulting and complaining about things that happened in GT5.....im not even going to say the rest.

Last edited:
The past few days have been good and filled with great moments. I honestly have to say the skill level has changed the younger generation of drivers are faster and adapting quicker but unfortunately they are very cocky and immature with there thinking. I noticed this today in a random lobby as well as my own hosted lobby.
I hear drivers saying that they are "Elite" or "Pro" and its a disappointing and shame that they think its so easy to reach the Respected level of the Drift Community.

Professionalism: the skill, good judgment, and polite behavior that is expected from a person who is trained to do a job well. Professionalism is skill or behavior that goes beyond what an ordinary person would have or behaving in a more formal or business-like manner.

To me, and this is just my opinion. Professionals in any field have EARNED their respect by the actions that make the community better as a whole. I was actually very upset at the fact there are people that we considered friends just ignore some of the things ask in peoples lobbies by the host. It got to the point that people got kicked and it caused a bad vibe the rest of the time.

So for me I will just say this now... If you don't respect others in my lobbies and have respect for my attitude requirements in my lobbies, PLEASE DELETE ME from your friends list. I don't care if that's your style and you been like that since GT5. If that's the case don't enter any of my lobbies. It is that type of stubborn and simpleminded thinking that keeps holding the community down.

Just because you start a Team DOES NOT mean you are a "PRO" or respected member of the Drift Community.
Just because you can keep up with us or even be faster DOES NOT make you a "PRO".
If you are consistently talking about who you beat and how good you are you are not a "PRO".
If you can understand but refuse to practice/use Track Etiquette while in another persons Lobbies you are not a "PRO".
If you have only been on the scene since this game released you for damn sure have NOT earned your place with the Elite.
If YOUR TEAM LOBBY sounds like a ghetto low budget movie you really need to remove the word Professional from your Team.
Insulting and complaining about things that happened in GT5.....im not even going to say the rest.

Well said. :cheers:

Well said indeed.
As the true definition of 'Professional' states - You're not a professional unless you're getting paid to do it.
You only earn respect by giving back to the community, being an ass to people just because they don't share your opinion or skill level is not the mark of a Pro or Elite
People need to relax more, its just a game

Well said indeed.
As the true definition of 'Professional' states - You're not a professional unless you're getting paid to do it.
You only earn respect by giving back to the community, being an ass to people just because they don't share your opinion or skill level is not the mark of a Pro or Elite
People need to relax more, its just a game

There is a level of skills that are equal to those real life professionals on a virtual level...it shows true with the GT Academy, but when drivers work hard on and off the track to gain the respect and really have earned a right to be called a Professional just to have others who have done nothing to help this community start throwing the term Professional or Elite around, it is a sort of insult to those drivers.
I would never even try to say I am on the level of the GT Academy drivers online or in the real world. Those drivers are Elite level and represent themselves as well as GT. There attitude is on par with the skills and respect they all earned.
There are many drivers that are just as great in each of the Driving classes. From Drifting,Drag,SNAIL,GT,NASCAR,Rally and more have those that help the sport grow in a positive way and have the right to be called a PRO.

Well said @PUSH

I jumped in a random lobby last night...when I joined, there was a race going on. There was a group of about 3-4 people driving together, tandeming for photos. They had a few crashes, and would wait for each other. Another person had raced ahead of the group, and was almost a full lap ahead. When one of the people tandeming asked the leader to please not cross the finish, the leader responded with "haa, it's not my fault you're slow", and then crossed the line....

SMH, /facepalm

This wasn't the first time I've heard this person use that exact same line too. A true "pro" right there...

You can't drill respect into kids heads online, there's always gonna be people like that. It just comes down to ignorance and bad parenting.

I find the speed thing funny too, kids think drifting is just a sideways race because they've watched FnF etc.

If they truly like the sport itself they'll grow to learn about it in time.

You can't drill respect into kids heads online, there's always gonna be people like that. It just comes down to ignorance and bad parenting.

I find the speed thing funny too, kids think drifting is just a sideways race because they've watched FnF etc.

Its funny seeing kids driving R34 Skyline fully tuned trying to slide. But gets whipped into the wall of the 4WD and bad tune and sport hards.

Even funnier. I jump in a lobby. Ask if anyone up to tandem. Couple people say sure where are you? I'm like I'm in a big pink truck. Room goes silent. Like I'm dumb or something.

I agree with you fully! very cool you raise this issue. 👍
in GT5 i was unable to accompany the scenery drift from the beginning , but now in the GT6 i got it. and I'm really liking the go drifting lately, whenever I find a writing room "PRO" me call attention, I try enter to see how PRO were those who were there playing, with the intention to grasp something new or even just watch a good drift , but I have disappointed me greatly, because I have seen it all with the PRO logo and horrible things . not equalized rooms ( different tires, traction ), XBull's, hosts aggressive to visitors from different flags to it .. anyway many absurdities ...
I believe someone does not turn into PRO, simply because it can be faster with CH or makes a constant line or made a team.
Have the arrogance to think that is better than someone, even before knowing the person who will get in your lobby , this is an immense ignorance .
Courtesy, respect and humility are the pillars of the drift community I think, (at least that's what I see and feel with the people I am blessed to share some time in their lobbies )
I see as a PRO stance the following, is not the person saying, writing or self-affirming "I'm Pro" the true, will be recognized by the other players for their skill but also by their acts.

Real professionals are usually proud of their achievements, and will also help people that are willing to follow their guidances. Only immature people, I won't say kids because not all of them are PUNKS, are happy to have a professional help them learn their craft. So when your dealing with a show off, most of the time it's just an insecure little boy who uses words like professional to look the part.

You don't need to be a professional to have professionalism.

That said, I don't think there are "pro" players, unless you're in GT Academy. If you can pull off incredible and creative maneuvers, I call you skilled and talented, but not a professional. I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this.

I think the pros are the ones who tune their own cars, help other players, and drift with style and skill without being a douchebag.

Note: I do not mean to offend anyone who does not tune their own cars, I know drifters that are better than me that don't tune their own cars.

You don't need to be a professional to have professionalism.

That said, I don't think there are "pro" players, unless you're in GT Academy. If you can pull off incredible and creative maneuvers, I call you skilled and talented, but not a professional. I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this.

So what of the others the players that get eliminated while in GT Academy does that mean they are not a professional or at the level of professionals anymore?
I have played online with a few GT Academy players and raced as well as drifted with them, i was very fortunate to have a former teammate as one of the few, and he is still a Professional on and off the track. A Professional level athlete has a respectable attitude on and off the track. Their attitude towards others and the ABILITY to RECOGNIZE AND USE the skills in this sport is what makes a true Professional. There are many great drivers with great skills but Disrespectful in many ways to others, regardless if it is online.

I'm a kid and I will always give respect to others on track. It's good to see i'm not the only one who is against people thinking that pace is everything when drifting. Bravo @PUSH :cheers:

So what of the others the players that get eliminated while in GT Academy does that mean they are not a professional or at the level of professionals anymore?
I have played online with a few GT Academy players and raced as well as drifted with them, i was very fortunate to have a former teammate as one of the few, and he is still a Professional on and off the track. A Professional level athlete has a respectable attitude on and off the track. Their attitude towards others and the ABILITY to RECOGNIZE AND USE the skills in this sport is what makes a true Professional. There are many great drivers with great skills but Disrespectful in many ways to others, regardless if it is online.

I meant players can make it to the level of GT Academy, regardless of getting eliminated.

People need to realise it's a game lol.

Unless you gettin' dat dough for doin' it, you ain't a pro as @DolHaus said earlier. To be a professional is to PROFESS a main occupation in life. If your main occupation is GT then there's a problem lol (assuming you're not getting paid for whatever you do in GT).

I hope as the representatives of the GTP Drifting community, we can pull together and make a change. :cheers:

Last edited:
People need to realise it's a game lol.

Unless you gettin' dat dough for doin' it, you ain't a pro as @DolHaus said earlier. To be a professional is to PROFESS a main occupation in life. If your main occupation is GT then there's a problem lol (assuming you're not getting paid for whatever you do in GT).

I hope as the representatives of the GTP Drifting community, we can pull together and make a change. :cheers:

Yeah, it sucks going in to a lobby and seeing new players get bullied around by these kids (No older than 13 by the sounds of it) and even some adults, pushing these new people of the track that are driving their lightly tuned drift cars or even a standard car with their 800-900HP Vipers, ect. Even in VDC, I noticed that in the pre season particular people were making smart remarks about others. It's just not needed, if you take this game seriously to the point where you feel threatened by other people drifting near you or faster than you. Good luck trying to enjoy playing this 🤬

if you take this game seriously to the point where you feel threatened by other people drifting near you or faster than you. Good luck trying to enjoy playing this 🤬

This.

I was in a lobby last night after leaving Push's deep forest lobby (later rejoined the high speed ring one) that had a game of tag that started randomly, going on in the middle of a five car train on the Suzuka s-turns. I got hit a lot, but it always happened in a way that made me laugh.

I NAILED nd4spdnaruto (bright green mustang)? last night and then apologized, and he simply responded "it's okay.lol"

Depends on the person really.

Last edited:
This.

I was in a lobby last night after leaving Push's deep forest lobby (later rejoined the high speed ring one) that had a game of tag that started randomly, going on in the middle of a five car train on the Suzuka s-turns. I got hit a lot, but it always happened in a way that made me laugh.

I NAILED nd4spdnaruto? last night and then apologized, and he simply responded "it's okay.lol"

Depends on the person really.
Next time you are in a room with him tell out LEROY JENKINS and see what his reaction is lol XD

I'm speaking on attitude and if that is true...why do you complain about the way your treated?....why would you expect someone to avoid slamming there car into you while drifting? Why even have a GT Academy if that's the case.
We all would like to believe and trust in a persons ability to know how to drive and condone themselves in a driving simulator. Why did you even bother posting or even go online to play?
So I think I found a solution for your problem thread you posted....STAY OFFLINE!!!

I'm speaking on attitude and if that is true...why do you complain about the way your treated?....why would you expect someone to avoid slamming there car into you while drifting? Why even have a GT Academy if that's the case.
We all would like to believe and trust in a persons ability to know how to drive and condone themselves in a driving simulator. Why did you even bother posting or even go online to play?
So I think I found a solution for your problem thread you posted....STAY OFFLINE!!!

Who was this directed towards?

Back