"Professionalism"

• Thread starter PUSH
  • 66 comments
I've been on the scene for quite a while now and found that drifters tend to have more enjoyable time when the lobby is full of experienced/common drifters who go for door to door action as apposed to speed drifting.It also helps to have the right room settings(grip reduction set to real etc) but i usually tend to inform host if things like that need to be changed.If someone has problems trying to slide dont just put them down saying they are s**t or newbs,instead try help them setting up their cars.

I wouldn't call myself pro but a veteran on the drift scene that of which has taken me many of years to earn respect from both national and international levels.

Last edited:
I've been on the scene for quite a while now and found that drifters tend to have more enjoyable time when the lobby is full of experienced/common drifters who go for door to door action as apposed to speed drifting.It also helps to have the right room settings(grip reduction set to real etc) but i usually tend to inform host if things like that need to be changed.If someone has problems trying to slide dont just put them down saying they are s**t or newbs,instead try help them setting up their cars.

I wouldn't call myself pro but a veteran on the drift scene that of which has taken me many of years to earn respect from both national and international levels.

cough* "teamJDMT-Get Door2Door" *cough lobbies on GT5 ;)

Again, if I'm on track with someone I have NEVER seen before, they will have my respect.

They could lose it before the first corner, but they still had it in the first place.

They can gain it back, but that's a different matter, and depends on the original reason for losing my respect.

"Respect" is thrown around too flippantly as a status thing in recent times, to think someone had to earn your respect, means you immediately lose my respect. (not solely directed at you)

Edit :

Also, just because someone had lost my respect, doesn't mean I underestimate them in anyway.

This applies to real life much more than a sim racing game.

I agree with this. As I meet new people every day and they all have my respect. Until they do something (mostly ramming, not watching the map, not being aware of what other drivers are doing, etc.) to get me to lose it. And I know I'm not the best drifter, nor am I very well known, but that's just my $0.02.

T3k you are more known than you know bro. I just noticed another Team Leader completely embarrassed after bragging about the Professional level that he and his other team member are and called his other members crap. That is not a leader that looks out for his team but only his own personal gain.

T3k you are more known than you know bro. I just noticed another Team Leader completely embarrassed after bragging about the Professional level that he and his other team member are and called his other members crap. That is not a leader that looks out for his team but only his own personal gain.

I don't think I can take someone seriously any time they claim to be professional on a game.

Latest Posts

Back