Project CARS 2 Available as Free Xbox One "Games With Gold" Title For April

I recommend it. No need to worry about buying anything. Just pick a car, any car and go racing wherever whenever.

You might need to worry about buying an Xbox X if you intend to play it, as ultimately it will be a frustrating experience for most players on the standard console.

You might need to worry about buying an Xbox X if you intend to play it, as ultimately it will be a frustrating experience for most players on the standard console.
Yeah I did also think this. However dialing down some of the graphical intensive options (lighting, weather effects) and running with a slightly reduced field of AI cars should hopefully help the overall experience.

I have it on my first gen PS4.

Dont have any serious problems running it. I mainly play the carreer mode though. But I think it will run ok at Xbox one.

I have it on my first gen PS4.

Dont have any serious problems running it. I mainly play the carreer mode though. But I think it will run ok at Xbox one.

I own it on the Xbox one. I got fed up after a day or two, given you can't experience everything the game has to offer and you can still get some slow down even on modest race set ups.
(I do love the classic Hockenheimring though, racing against other McLaren F1 GTRs there was my highlight with the game, there was always carnage!)

I know PC2 has a lot more going on under the hood, but coming from Forza 7 just made the slow downs and graphical issues more glaring for me, personally. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy PC3 to the full, next gen.

Last edited:
I already own this game but I'm thinking of deleting the main game & reinstalling via games with gold so that I don't need to insert the disc. Will this affect my DLC & current save go though ? Anyone done this before with other games ?

I've got it on XB1. Looks better on my 7yo 36" Sony SmarTv, than my 3yo 55" el cheapo UHD.

I've got it on XB1. Looks better on my 7yo 36" Sony SmarTv, than my 3yo 55" el cheapo UHD.
I don't think he's talking about how it looks.

I already own this game but I'm thinking of deleting the main game & reinstalling via games with gold so that I don't need to insert the disc. Will this affect my DLC & current save go though ? Anyone done this before with other games ?
On the Xbox I'm pretty sure all extra content and file saves are also saved on the Cloud, so you should be ok.

I don't think he's talking about how it looks.

On the Xbox I'm pretty sure all extra content and file saves are also saved on the Cloud, so you should be ok.

Just a quick update to anyone else thinking of doing this, it's fine worked like a charm. Once loaded the game just picked up my existing save, lost nothing at all, apart from no longer needing the disc, result 👍

Back