Project cars 2 bug report Q&A

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 1,434 comments
Hoping to provide constructive feedback, and that I'm not just being dim. Playing the Digital Deluxe edition on PS4 with a Thrustmaster T300

1. I've set the display units to metric (from imperial), but tyre pressure in the default HUD is still displayed in PSI.
2. I was running a free test at Chesterfield in the Kart to get some practice in before my first career race. Didn't see a means as how to refuel once the tank was running low or dry, or how to end a session without losing my progress (e.g. save my fastest lap time). Pit lane was blocked, and I couldn't see how I could change my set up - without restarting the session.

I can't even get to Turn 1 at Bathurst in the amazing Ferrari 333 without massive AI pile ups and airborne cars everywhere. 4 restarts later and I'm giving up.

I can't even get to Turn 1 at Bathurst in the amazing Ferrari 333 without massive AI pile ups and airborne cars everywhere. 4 restarts later and I'm giving up.
Out of interest: how many AI, and did you try lowering the AI number to see if that makes a difference?

Out of interest: how many AI, and did you try lowering the AI number to see if that makes a difference?
29 AI @ 75%, 50 aggression. Didn't do more tests, loaded up Hock GP and they seem ok there. Think it must be something to do with the walls at the side of Bathurst making the AI run out of room and crash into each other... at a guess.

29 AI @ 75%, 50 aggression. Didn't do more tests, loaded up Hock GP and they seem ok there. Think it must be something to do with the walls at the side of Bathurst making the AI run out of room and crash into each other... at a guess.

Please try rolling start with manual formation lap.
AI will be improved in future patches but this should improve T1 experience in the meantime.

Please try rolling start with manual formation lap.
AI will be improved in future patches but this should improve T1 experience in the meantime.
Yes i just thought I'd do as I used to in the first game and stick with rolling starts, cheers

XBONE. When starting a replay. The rolling start shows my car moving, but other cars are stationary, until my car crosses the start line.

Why isn't my T500 working on the PS 4 Pro. Bought the whole digital packet. Start to feel like PC 1 in the beginning,

That's odd. My T500 is working fine on PS4 Pro. Is it not recognized at all? I'd also be happy to send you my settings. They need fine tuning but are a good starting point.

That's odd. My T500 is working fine on PS4 Pro. Is it not recognized at all? I'd also be happy to send you my settings. They need fine tuning but are a good starting point.
Do you have the Ferrari Addon or just the standard setup ?

That's quite an important detail :) Please check without Shield TV running.
Yep, it was Shield TV specific issue. No such problem without it.
I found a fix though! I had to change the stream resolution to 1080p60 from Auto in the stream settings on Shield. No more issues! I don’t know if anyone will try to play though Shield TV but this could be a fix if they run into trouble.

Why isn't my T500 working on the PS 4 Pro. Bought the whole digital packet. Start to feel like PC 1 in the beginning,

This worries me, and the other guy saying the Thrustmaster wheel isn't working him. When I had Pcars1 the feed back and wheel functionality would stop working so frequently on my T300 (every 5 - 10 minutes, with the only fix being logging out of the game and system all together)I quit playing the game. When I recently asked the GTP - Pcars forum if this would be an issue on PC2 everyone said there was no such issue on PC1. I have Pcars2 on track for delivery today because I'm dying for a racing sim but I'm starting to get worried I may not be able to race this weekend.....

On PS4, I can't get past the opening menu where it says "Start Engine press X". All updates are downloaded, so does this mean I need to reinstall it? Can I do that without having to download the file again?

First post for a very long time reader. PS4 Pro user.

Ian, thanks to you and the team for the work that goes into the game.

Tiny little thing... the name field (specifically the surname one) has a character limit that seems a little low. I’ve become Mackenzi not Mackenzie.

There are a few little things that are more likely us getting used to the differences between this and PC1. The settings saves bit needs a little work, seemed to hold the previous car from practice into career race. Maybe the save changes option needs to be selectable so small tweaks can be tried without having to go through the file save bit.

Thanks again for the game. Can’t wait to get deeper into it.

I just finished my first career race (formula rookie at long beach). I qualified in pole and I led from start to finish but the game says I was last. In fact I could see in the hud I was in first place until the moment I crossed the start line and it suddenly said i wad last.

:dunce:

On PS4, I can't get past the opening menu where it says "Start Engine press X". All updates are downloaded, so does this mean I need to reinstall it? Can I do that without having to download the file again?
I did reinstall the game, not working

I did reinstall the game, not working
Great... I'm going to try a clean install without the DLC. I was reading a Fallout 4 forum and they were having a similar issue when DLC was installed.

It is possible to disable disqualification for driving in the opposite direction but it is still not possible to drive in the opposite direction (I found my car being reset to race direction after 5 seconds).

Upon first impression this title appears to be an excellent simulator and sandbox. However immersion is broken when you can't turn your car around. Thanks for your consideration!

1) Lobbies filtered by player count are in incorrect order (Player count is treated as text by sorting function i.e: 9, 6, 23, 2, 13, 1).
2) The close button of the filter window is in on the top of the filter button. Closing the filter window causes opening it again (at least in resolution 1920 x 1080).

Last edited:
The HUD on my game is busted now, can't find any real information about it.

It only shows lap timing and nothing else despite having most HUD options enabled, I have moved them, changed back to default, deleted my user data and restarted. Nothing has worked so far, it wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't in Formula Rookie so I can't see the speed I'm going in the car.
Any chance for a screenshot?

Back