Project cars 2 bug report Q&A

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 1,434 comments
So now I'm getting the one where when you turn on the controller to edit the HUD (which never saves after you turn the game off) it doesn't recognize my wheel anymore and I have to quit/restart. Which defeats the purpose of editing the HUD. Stupid little things that I know are just coding but they are more important to me than other things.

Why have other games this feature? It make the leaderboard to nonsense... you cant compare a 380hp gt4 hat with a 600hp gt1 car in the same leaderboard -.-
The F1 games don't have separate leaderboards for the different Classic cars.

I don't know if this is a "bug", however, for me, it's a "problem".

I have a 1TB drive on my PS4 Pro, with over 780 GBs unused. I have 11 replays saved so far. I'm thinking that's not much, since with GT6 on my PS3 I had over 1,400 replays saved. Yes, I'm crazy, but that's not the issue. I just like replays, especially as a source of material for photomode.

I tried to save the 12th replay and got an error message (see below). So if I get out of the event to delete a prior replay, I lose the current one. The message suggests I could try again, but that doesn't make any sense, and doesn't work of course.

I'm wondering what the other 700+ GBs on the hard drive is for!

Is there a workaround for this?

Project CARS 2_20170928202623 small.jpg

Why have other games this feature? It make the leaderboard to nonsense... you cant compare a 380hp gt4 hat with a 600hp gt1 car in the same leaderboard -.-
It has to do with the number of track layouts and cars. The leaderboard possibilities exceed the console hardware in some way. I don't know what way, but it has been stated somewhere on here.

Does SMS or somebody who can add the bugs on this thread to a master list within SMS check this thread regularly?

Why not just park the game until the first patch comes out? So many people seem to be torturing themselves unnecessarily in this thread. The game currently has issues, this much we know. But hopefully they'll be fixed soon.

I think a lot of people are quite rightly seeing this as the exact situation we were in when the first game came out, and they're pissed off about it. After Ian and co. telling us all that they wouldn't release the game in an unacceptable condition this time, and they were paying for QA on consoles this time around, everyone was positive that we wouldn't be going through this again. Now the game is out, it's a total bug-fest like the first game, and now SMS members have gone quiet for the most part. It's infuriating to be sold such ******** PR when they would have known the game still has legacy bugs that can be traced back to the NFS Shift games.

It's all well and good to tell people to wait patiently for patches, but when the Shift games both had bugs that were never fixed, Test Drive FRL had a ton of bugs that were never fixed, and then Project CARS had a stupid amount of bugs, many of which were never fixed, I don't think people are being unreasonable when they think that a lot of these bugs are probably never going to be fixed either. It's especially frustrating when you've pre-ordered a game that turns out like this, when you know if you held off for 6 months 'till the worst bugs were mostly fixed, you could have picked the game up for $20 at the most.

The leaderboard possibilities exceed the console hardware in some way.

Back in the early Forza days on Xbox 360 it was possible to store local leaderboards on a (relatively) small disk drive. It was one of the many features Turn 10 stripped out in subsequent releases and never put back on Xbox One

I think a lot of people are quite rightly seeing this as the exact situation we were in when the first game came out, and they're pissed off about it. After Ian and co. telling us all that they wouldn't release the game in an unacceptable condition this time, and they were paying for QA on consoles this time around, everyone was positive that we wouldn't be going through this again. Now the game is out, it's a total bug-fest like the first game, and now SMS members have gone quiet for the most part. It's infuriating to be sold such ******** PR when they would have known the game still has legacy bugs that can be traced back to the NFS Shift games.

It's all well and good to tell people to wait patiently for patches, but when the Shift games both had bugs that were never fixed, Test Drive FRL had a ton of bugs that were never fixed, and then Project CARS had a stupid amount of bugs, many of which were never fixed, I don't think people are being unreasonable when they think that a lot of these bugs are probably never going to be fixed either. It's especially frustrating when you've pre-ordered a game that turns out like this, when you know if you held off for 6 months 'till the worst bugs were mostly fixed, you could have picked the game up for $20 at the most.

The worst bugs are already fixed. There were 5 of them. Coming soon in a patch with the more minor issues mostly fixed also.

The worst bugs are already fixed. There were 5 of them. Coming soon in a patch with the more minor issues mostly fixed also.

Which ones are those? I've read a lot more than 5 serious bugs, so I'll be interested to know which ones will be fixed in the first patch. What about the old bugs from the first game that were never fixed? Any chance any of those will be fixed?

Found one tonight that got me prett good. Not sure if it's been found/mentioned, but I'll post it to be sure.

Was in photo mode at the Nurburgring, when I joined an invite to an online lobby. I did two races in the lobby, both 20 laps with a ten minute qualifying session.

When I first got into the qualifying session, the cockpit and helmet cam views appeared to be out of focus (See images below). I went into the menu and adjusted the helmet cam focus setting thinking that would rectify the issue, however, after ai changed the setting back and forth, the rest of the camera options became out of focus.

It seemed to mostly fix the issue in the start of the next qualifying session, but it was still slightly out of focus, but when the next race started, again, all cameras were ojt of focus.

Here are some screenshots from my standard PS4 for reference:

PS_Messages_20170928_223556.jpg
PS_Messages_20170928_223559.jpg
PS_Messages_20170928_223601.jpg
PS_Messages_20170928_223604.jpg
PS_Messages_20170928_223611.jpg

Figured I'd drop a line and let @IanBell and the team know about it. I wear glasses in real life; I don't need my online avatar to need them as well! :lol:

EDIT: Screenshots really don't do it justice from what I can tell. My best guess would be that the focal length in photo mode was still present after joining the lobby, from what I can tell. Just my $0.02.

I've tried to join 5 online lobbies tonight, have been DC'd from all 5.

3 of them were basically as soon as I joined the quali session. 1 was transitioning to the race. The last one was midway through lap 2 of the race.

After the last DC, when I got back to the main screen, the game locked up with the yellow "saving" icon going in the bottom right corner. I waited more than 5 minutes before restarting the app.

Not off to a good start tonight :(

Will there be a fix on XBONE, for the Fuji straight during a replay? A random person or the Starting light assembly(with "Charlie Whiting"), will be on the Start/Finish line, after the first lap.

@IanBell . Could you please identify the bugs you mentioned "coming soon in a patch" so we could know if it corresponds with the ones we're experiencing:
1. The (5) worst bugs already fixed.
2. The minor bugs/issues.

Which ones are those? I've read a lot more than 5 serious bugs, so I'll be interested to know which ones will be fixed in the first patch. What about the old bugs from the first game that were never fixed? Any chance any of those will be fixed?

Please list me 6 serious bugs then Mike. Maybe we disagree on what is 'serious'.

On the last game, which old bugs weren't fixed please?

Please list me 6 serious bugs then Mike. Maybe we disagree on what is 'serious'.

I can think of 4 from the last game that I came to live with:

Random extreme FFB clipping upon race start (or sometimes no FFB at all)

Stopping dead on track by hitting an invisible wall and car going into neutral

Loss of either engine/turbo/off-throttle audio upon race start

Random game crashes

But as I said, I still played the hell out of the game, but those 4 have been there since launch for me.

My problems so far -
When you ride for a minute and hit Restart session and confirm yes, in menu after cca 10 seconds steering wheel /g25/ locks to full left or right on RX cars and Hell circuit. I can replicate it.

I have two random crashes when i hit Cancel in Joining multiplayer session. Not replicable.

And car setup saving problems...

PC user

Ian,

We are all concerned about our wheels ..

Can you tell us if there is any problem you have solved?
is there a danger of breaking them?

I hate to admit it but this game is full of problems = (

We have a great tournament with 90 participants, start shortly, can you tell me if the 2.0 will come soon (ps4)? thank you

Oversteer in some cars tested like the audi r8 gt3, bmw 320 tc at any speed every time i leave the gas pedal when curving
Yesterday in Monza in online event every lap with r8 gt3 at Lesmos or Parabolica in 3 gear the car oversteer every time pass there
The same thing with BMW 320 TC AT Brands Hatch
Weird

Time trials still not saving ghost data..

This issue has been around since PC1.. what are you doing SMS? Time trials are legit the only reason i bought this game.
What platform? I've seen plenty of ghosts to race against in TT mode so something's happening locally for you it seems.

EXACTLY it feels like deja vu again . that's why I have hung back on day 1 purchases from a lot of these series .

Shift with a new coat on .

I've just noticed this but when you are watching a replay the audio does not have sound effects that get quieter when the car is moving away from you its almost like you are always inside the car. or behind it all through the replay I find that odd.
surly this is not intended. ?

<<<<<<<<Video Link

the big lag if someone join the online session !!! this kills me often times, because the game freeze in a corner... this happend still in Project CARS 1 and now in Project CARS 2, it was never fixed (Platform Xbox one)

I'm enjoying the game very much.

For the most part only play online, already on D license.

There's only a couple minor issues I could offer.

1) Fuel tuning.
I'll set my fuel at 30L, when the race starts I'll have 90L or some random amount.

2) Voice chat. It is extremely loud to the point my wife has noticed in the other room. We need a mute all option.

3) Tire noise.
Loss of traction tire squeal could be toned down just a bit. It should sound more like a scrubbing sound, less high pitched.

I haven't experienced menu lag, the game looks great on my 32" Vizio 1080p.

XXI
I'm enjoying the game very much.

For the most part only play online, already on D license.

There's only a couple minor issues I could offer.

1) Fuel tuning.
I'll set my fuel at 30L, when the race starts I'll have 90L or some random amount.

2) Voice chat. It is extremely loud to the point my wife has noticed in the other room. We need a mute all option.

3) Tire noise.
Loss of traction tire squeal could be toned down just a bit. It should sound more like a scrubbing sound, less high pitched.

I haven't experienced menu lag, the game looks great on my 32" Vizio 1080p.

This x1000000000000

I've been trying to make calculations on fuel usage per lap to ensure I just have enough for the race...only to finish with an insane amount of fuel...sometimes 119L or so...

This x1000000000000

I've been trying to make calculations on fuel usage per lap to ensure I just have enough for the race...only to finish with an insane amount of fuel...sometimes 119L or so...

Yes, but really beyond that this is an incredible sim.

So much complaining of unplayability at times I wonder if a vast majority are competition sponsored bots.

Back