Project cars 2 bug report Q&A

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 1,434 comments
I was doing a race at Watkins Glen with the Ferrari 488 GT3. I went to pit the lap before, I went around the home straight on the next lap and pieces of scenery were appearing ON the track. They were not solid of course so I drove through them, but I can’t believe this is still happening months later.

Also a new bug I’m experiencing exclusively on 6.0, sometimes when you go to replay and follow another car during the race, when you return to your car in the race the camera will be on the AI car you were following rather than the car you have control of. I’d classify this bug as gamebreaking.

So the IndyCar on the oval has a different boost amount from practice to race. The only way to test online in race settings would be in a race lobby and you can’t change anything. Kind of frustrating.

So the IndyCar on the oval has a different boost amount from practice to race. The only way to test online in race settings would be in a race lobby and you can’t change anything. Kind of frustrating.

You can reduce the boost pressure in the car setup to simulate this.

Is there a fix for this clipping on the gt-one? Makes me so mad 🤬 fact that this issue is still present in pcars 2 :crazy::ouch:
Project_CARS_2_20180613211651.png
Project_CARS_2_20180613211704.png

I've seen the thing with the GT-One above with the new TS050 also. I always wonder if I am just running the ride height too low even though I normally don't vary the ride height from the "Stable" setup.

I've noticed something recently, I only started to race in this game very recently so maybe its something know. I've sometimes gone into replay in the middle of a practice or qualifying session. And immediately after the laptimes from AI would tumble by a significant amount. Usually this happens while its raining. I know the condition changes in the game but the rainfall severity didn't seem to decrease and yet often after replay the AIs would pick up 2-3 sec. I usually can replicate their laps but I am wondering if somehow the grip level was affected by replay somehow....

I'm having force feedback problems after patch 6.00 on PS4 (I'm pretty sure it's only happening after the 6.00 update, but I'm playing PC2 on and off so I'm not 100% certain).
Several road cars I used to enjoy driving - including the Aston Martin DB11 and the Mercedes AMG GT R - have become undriveable as my Thrustmaster T150 is rattling like mad in many spots on various tracks. Even when the game was released this was an issue in some cars with immersive and to a lesser extent informative ffb settings, but until recently I could count on raw mode to get rid of the wild oscillations. That no longer appears to be the case in a number of cars, even dialing back the ffb gain.

The rattling is also clearly visible on the ffb graph in the telemetry HUD as narrow up and down oscillations, but it's not at the very top of the graph so it doesn't seem like clipping caused by the relatively weak ffb motor in the T150.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already. Anyway, since the latest update on PS4 I have noticed how the car sometimes goes transparent when driving in the pit lane. No pattern, so I'm guessing it's a randomly occurring bug?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already. Anyway, since the latest update on PS4 I have noticed how the car sometimes goes transparent when driving in the pit lane. No pattern, so I'm guessing it's a randomly occurring bug?
No that's been there since the beginning.

When your leaving the pits and press start and click on return to pits that's when it happens yeah i seen it since the beginning. A little surprise they haven't fix that yet :lol:

No that's been there since the beginning.

When your leaving the pits and press start and click on return to pits that's when it happens yeah i seen it since the beginning. A little surprise they haven't fix that yet :lol:

All the more reason to get it fixed then. I never press the 'return to pits' command, and this has just started happening to me nearly all the time. I can load a new session, drive some laps, enter then pits and sometimes the car will be transparent. It doesn't always go transparent, but annoyingly often.

Last edited:
All the more reason to get it fixed then. I never press the 'return to pits' command, and this has just started happening to me nearly all the time. I can load a new session, drive some laps, enter then pits and sometimes the car will be transparent. It's doesn't always go transparent, but annoyingly often.
Yea a little surprise its been there since the start :lol:

Its a new color i call ghostly :D:bowdown::lol:

Playing on Xbox One X and doing the last set of races in section/tier 6 and keep hitting a bug where it tells me I don't have the DLC needed to continue and it wipes out all the progress made in a race series.

I posted about this on the official forums, but that place is next to useless really. Someone else has posted about the same issue, but no one seems to know a fix for the problem.

I own all the DLC and it is all installed, but this happens randomly part way through the semi final and final races. Really annoying.

That's a shame. Is it a PS4 hardware limitation or a decision from SMS? Do they have plans of extending the replay time in future updates?

It appears that the devs have not allowed for local saves of replays, and you only get 1GB for your cloud save. This is also shared with setups, pictures, etc. This severely limits replay saves, and makes stewarding all but short races impossible.

Since the devs have gone essentially dark for the last few months (since Patch 4, roughly), there is no way to predict if they are willing to completely rewrite their save architecture. But, the issue existed in PC1 (albeit half as bad), and they knew there already was an issue, and went ahead without the local save option, it's fair to guess that no, perhaps they won't fix it. Perhaps they will.

Now that the community is deemed not worthy of communication with from the developers, we only have speculation to go on.

Project Cars 2 - XBox 1X - V6.0.0.0.1056

Major Bugs
1. AI slow excessively in the rain. LMP1 and Vintage Prototype-A cars at Le Mans limit themselves to about 180-190 mph down the Mulsanne.

2. Pop-up "invisible wall" shadows on track at night at Daytona, Le Mans (both versions), Laguna Seca, etc. I presume this happens at all tracks. When racing at night, what appears to be invisible walls standing on the track surface will cause your headlights to cast dark shadows around them as you approach. It's very distracting. They are stationary, but may occur at different locations the next time the track is loaded.

error003-nightshadow01.PNG
error003-nightshadow02.PNG

Minor Bugs
1. When using the "roof" view in an open-wheel car while in spectate or replay mode, the driver's hands/arms will randomly disappear/reappear as they drive around the circuit.

2. The "rear passenger seat" view is not available in spectate or replay modes.

3. The "TV" view is not available when on the Monza combined circuit. It is functional on the classic GP and oval configurations.

Last edited:
hi guys, I have a problem starting Project cars 2.When I connect the steering wheel flies such an error (Photo at the bottom).Who faced such problem help plz.

Attachments

• Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 17
Back