Project CARS 2 Car List

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,206 comments
Only gripe I have is that some of these cars horsepower and top speed figures are way off. The 2017 ford gt for example has 647hp but in game it's listed as 600?? I know who cares right, but I have an eye for accuracy.

It is the final list for release but at least 32 more DLC cars will find their way as well. (4 packs of at at least 8 cars each). That will bring the total at least at 197+32 = 229 cars.
The only thing I don't understand is the amount of TBA slots for road cars. Official website shows 9 of them but there are 10 cars missing from that list:
1. Aston Martin DB11
2. Ferrari LaFerrari
3. Ferrari Enzo
4. Ferrari 288 GTO
5. Lamborghini Veneno
6. Lamborghini Aventador
7. Lamborghini Huracan
8. Toyota 86
9. Toyota GT86
10. Toyota GT86 Rocket Bunny

The only thing I don't understand is the amount of TBA slots for road cars. Official website shows 9 of them but there are 10 cars missing from that list:
1. Aston Martin DB11
2. Ferrari LaFerrari
3. Ferrari Enzo
4. Ferrari 288 GTO
5. Lamborghini Veneno
6. Lamborghini Aventador
7. Lamborghini Huracan
8. Toyota 86
9. Toyota GT86
Just go by the video dude, all cars are announced.

What's the reasoning behind the doubled-up Toyobarus?

It's an impressive list. The Ferrari and Lambo selections are missing a handful of older road cars I love (360 CS :( ), but given the primary focus of the game, it's expected. I think the highlight for me is still the KDR30 Super Silhouette. I've been waiting to drive that in a modern game ever since GT2!

One thing that bugged me about PCars1, and it remains in PCars2, is the Audi R18 e-tron quattro is quoted 540bhp, it's engine power, whereas the Toyota TS040-HYBRID gets 1000bhp, it's engine and hybrid combined power. Even though I'm a Toyota fan it seems unfair on the Audi.

I wonder if @IanBell, @The Owl or @The_American can clarify why?
A lot of cars power figures are off, not just that car. It's odd to me...

1. Aston Martin DB11
2. Ferrari LaFerrari
3. Ferrari Enzo
4. Ferrari 288 GTO
5. Lamborghini Veneno
6. Lamborghini Aventador
7. Lamborghini Huracan
8. Toyota 86
9. Toyota GT86

Mad Al (WMD member) posted earlier this week on the PCARS forums that 2 TBA slots were missing from the official page. 1 was a road car TBA, the other a MISC TBA (which turned out to be the Huracan Super Trofeo).

But... yeah what the guy below you posted. :D The video is 100% correct what is in the current Juli 13th PC2 build. Maybe stats of cars change a bit before release date, maybe some cars get swapped to another class (I wonder why on earth that Veneno is not in Road A but in Road B!). There is still 2 months before release so things can and will still change.

But the amount of cars themselves, I'm sure that is pretty much final for now. The 189 cars we now have in game (or 197 with the 2 DLC packs) is also exactly the amount of cars Stephen Viljoen spoke about in E3 interviews.

Yeah and the drivetrain icons are often wrong as well, so many cars show MR configuration when they clearly have a front engine. The Honda Civic (road car) even shows as a MF car. :)

Mad Al (WMD member) posted earlier this week on the PCARS forums that 2 TBA slots were missing from the official page. 1 was a road car TBA, the other a MISC TBA (which turned out to be the Huracan Super Trofeo).

But... yeah what the guy below you posted. :D The video is 100% correct what is in the current Juli 13th PC2 build. Maybe stats of cars change a bit before release date, maybe some cars get swapped to another class (I wonder why on earth that Veneno is not in Road A but in Road B!). There is still 2 months before release so things can and will still change.

But the amount of cars themselves, I'm sure that is pretty much final for now. The 189 cars we now have in game (or 197 with the 2 DLC packs) is also exactly the amount of cars Stephen Viljoen spoke about in E3 interviews.
I did think there were at least 2 with us knowing about the LaFerrari and it competing with the likes of the P1 and the 918. Same with the Super Trofeo.

Here's hoping 3 of those cars in the DLC, will be: T/A Mustang, Challenger and Javelin.
This game is too good. I'm on info overload, hype factor: "ludicrous speed" and I can't wait for the shops to open, so I can pre-order the whole sha-banga-bang.

Too many great cars to try out... But no road version of the Ferrari F40. Only the race car. Kinda silly because the base F40 is completely different to the race variation. The car is a legend, why leave it out? Also, there's a much better representation of Japanese cars in this game. The Nissan lineup is one of the best I've seen, but there aren't many road cars. The car list is dominated by racecars, which isn't necessarily a good thing because I enjoy thrashing road cars around on tyres which aren't that grippy. They provide great racing.

Too many great cars to try out... But no road version of the Ferrari F40. Only the race car. Kinda silly because the base F40 is completely different to the race variation. The car is a legend, why leave it out? Also, there's a much better representation of Japanese cars in this game. The Nissan lineup is one of the best I've seen, but there aren't many road cars. The car list is dominated by racecars, which isn't necessarily a good thing because I enjoy thrashing road cars around on tyres which aren't that grippy. They provide great racing.

Great car list...and I agree. The one thing other games can flaunt over P Cars are the road cars....so much left to be desired. Nevertheless, a solid car list that will only get better in time and with P Cars 3.

Didn't know that, cheers!

Great! Now I have a lot of updating to do. But I will NEVER put TCR and Super 2000 in the same class. #NotMyTCR
Could say the same about the Diablo being in the GTO class.

It's a racing game focused on racing cars, and that's what I like about it. Still a pretty good road car roster all things considered.

You know what, 2 years ago when I was looking at the Project CARS 1 car list I had the exact same remarks as the people you replied to. Coming from games like GT6 and FH2 where I really loved the classic sports cars like a Renault Alpine A1160S, Jaguar E-Type, Toyota 2000GT and all that, I was really missing such cars from the car list.

Fast forward to today, I really like Project CARS 2's heavy racing car focus. Maybe I've grown tired of all the "slow stuff" in FM6/FH3 like the Pontiac Aztec, Cadillac XTS Limousine, BMW Isetta 300 Export, etc. Yes you can upgrade those cars in there to become more competitive but aren't you turning them info fictional race cars then? :-)

I don't know exactly what happened to chance my perspective on cars in racing sims but over these 2 years I've more grown from a vintage sports car driving enthousiast to a motorsport racing enthousiast. Maybe it's because of my seemingly ever growing interest in real life racing series as I watch a lot more real life motorsport on TV / YouTube now than I used to.

There is no right or wrong here though, it's just 2 different things. Are you the person that wants to cruise on his own pace down the California Highway in a vintage road car, or do you want to do a multiclass Le Mans race with great racing cars, pit stop strategies and wheel to wheel action?

I do agree though that some extra vintage sports cars in Project CARS (with their own vintage road classes) would be welcome. Maybe Project CARS 3. :) As far as modern road cars go, there have been plenty of them added, especially in the high-end spectrum (supercar, hypercar, track day).

Offline, I feel I'm good with the list. Online, is a bit different. Here's hoping Audi, Honda and VW, come to the table with their respective TCR cars.
It's going to make for a strong league, but just needs 6-7 manufacturers to knock it out the park.

Same for GT4. These two categories will be strong as is, but stronger(for leagues) with more variety.

The retro/vintage/classic is good. Even though LMP1 is lacking for several reasons, LMP1/2/3 have a good number of cars.

Last edited:
Offline, I feel I'm good with the list. Online, is a bit different. Here's hoping Audi, Honda and VW, come to the table with their respective TCR cars.
It's going to make for a strong league, but just needs 6-7 manufacturers to knock it out the park.

Same for GT4. These two categories will be strong as is, but stronger(for leagues) with more variety.

The retro/vintage/classic is good. Even though LMP1 is lacking for several reaskns, LMP1/2/3 have a good number of cars.

The lack of LMP1 cars represents real life, lol there is more in game that in WEC unfortunately but think they will add Porsche LMP1 with DLC, then we will have 3 manufacture and 2 SMS created. Shame they removed the Aston LMP1 as they could of done with keeping it for the numbers.

The lack of LMP1 cars represents real life, lol there is more in game that in WEC unfortunately but think they will add Porsche LMP1 with DLC, then we will have 3 manufacture and 2 SMS created. Shame they removed the Aston LMP1 as they could of done with keeping it for the numbers.
Agreed, heck since real life LMP1 seems to be on the decline, I actually would even like to see that Nissan failure GT-R LM from 2015 in the game. No doubt it would do a bit better in the virtual world than in the real one. :)

Back