Project CARS 2 Car List

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,206 comments
Agreed, heck since real life LMP1 seems to be on the decline, I actually would even like to see that Nissan failure GT-R LM from 2015 in the game. No doubt it would do a bit better in the virtual world than in the real one. :)

Yes, I think the main reason why they were SUPER slow was they couldn't get their hybrid system working so they ran the entire 24H with just the combustion engine, at least in game they can simulate the whole package lol and I'm sure it would be something new and fun to drive, but would Nissan let anyone use that disaster in any game? Probably not, I know GTS has it but they managed to get that car before it even ran I think few years ago.

That's what I mean about LMP being pretty much covered for offline play. Online, may do well to have more variety is all. Although I dont use them, the Marek and RWD LMP1s are welcome.

Forza 6 got it as free DLC one month before the LM program was officially cancelled. I would like to see it in Project CARS 2.
Yeah the car is in FM6 and Real Racing 3 IIRC but that was all started/licensed before the 2015 Le Mans race took place. Like Markeeez18 mentioned, they did the 24h race without their hybrid power plus all cars had troubles and I think only one made the end of the race? Somewhere far down the LMP2 grid if I'm not mistaken. The result was that Nissan cancelled their LMP1 project.

I'm really curious to see if the car returns in Forza 7, I sure hope so. That means Nissan doesn't mind this car still having a life in the virtual world. And that leaves a little bit of hope left it might be implemented in other racing games as well.

I really admired Nissan for what they did though, completely being stubborn and doing their own thing with a FWD LMP1 car. They sure were the rebbels and the cowboys that year. Jann Mardenborough was even in one of the cars. Was rooting for them that year, not per se to win but for sure to leave a positive result. Alas it was not ment to happen.

For sure 2015 with Audi, Toyota, Porsche and Nissan in LMP-H and the Rebellion R-One and ByKolles in LMP-L was the most diverse LMP1 grid we saw at Le Mans in the last years. And from how the future looks I doubt this will change any time soon with the massive financial cost that comes with the LMP1 program. :(

Agreed, heck since real life LMP1 seems to be on the decline, I actually would even like to see that Nissan failure GT-R LM from 2015 in the game. No doubt it would do a bit better in the virtual world than in the real one. :)

I normally welcome any real word cars in racing games but that car I simply want to forget. It looked like a horrible ride during its hours at Le Mans and what a strange thing it was. :boggled:

Yeah the car is in FM6 and Real Racing 3 IIRC but that was all started/licensed before the 2015 Le Mans race took place. Like Markeeez18 mentioned, they did the 24h race without their hybrid power plus all cars had troubles and I think only one made the end of the race? Somewhere far down the LMP2 grid if I'm not mistaken. The result was that Nissan cancelled their LMP1 project.

I'm really curious to see if the car returns in Forza 7, I sure hope so. That means Nissan doesn't mind this car still having a life in the virtual world. And that leaves a little bit of hope left it might be implemented in other racing games as well.

I really admired Nissan for what they did though, completely being stubborn and doing their own thing with a FWD LMP1 car. They sure were the rebbels and the cowboys that year. Jann Mardenborough was even in one of the cars. Was rooting for them that year, not per se to win but for sure to leave a positive result. Alas it was not ment to happen.

For sure 2015 with Audi, Toyota, Porsche and Nissan in LMP-H and the Rebellion R-One and ByKolles in LMP-L was the most diverse LMP1 grid we saw at Le Mans in the last years. And from how the future looks I doubt this will change any time soon with the massive financial cost that comes with the LMP1 program. :(
I really miss the variety and accessibility of the LMP900 days

As if all this whining with the lack of LMP1 cars that we want (me included), I'm actually looking forward to the new Ligier LMP2 and the actual LMP3 cars added to pCARS 2. LMP2 is a class that, I think, Gran Turismo and Forza overlooks too often. Add to the fact proper multi-class racing with separate scoring...and now LMP2/LMP3 racing might be more exciting for me than just driving the same-old LMP1s.

As if all this whining with the lack of LMP1 cars that we want (me included), I'm actually looking forward to the new Ligier LMP2 and the actual LMP3 cars added to pCARS 2. LMP2 is a class that, I think, Gran Turismo and Forza overlooks too often. Add to the fact proper multi-class racing with separate scoring...and now LMP2/LMP3 racing might be more exciting for me than just driving the same-old LMP1s.

I agree, especially LMP3 to be honest.

By the way, I was not whining about the lack of LMP1 in PCARS2, I was showing my disappointment with the lack of LMP1 in real life. :)

Sorry for the off-topic but..
I'm really curious to see if the car returns in Forza 7, I sure hope so.
..I think It will, especially considering Nissan's strong relationship with T10 in the past months/years (IDx, R31, '66 Silvia, 280ZX, R91CP, Kenmeri, GT500 GTR, R33 LM, R382 etc. etc.). Hopefully more will follow, in Forza and other games as well.

Last night I saw a video of the car list in the beta paid game. They had a bunch of cars that weren't on the list.

It's called something like "all car spec in Project cars 2."

I am still wondering, why Veneno is in Road B instead of Road A... It is hypercar, and it has similar Performance compared to P1 or LaFerrari. I think it can be overpowered for a B class.

I agree, that was the first thing that I noticed as well. That car should accellerate 0-100 km/h in 2.4 seconds which is faster than that McLaren 720s. But that's just drag racing stats, maybe the handling of the Veneno is quite bad IRL? So that the overal performance for PC2 means it would end up in Road B.

I also hope that for PCARS3 there will be more classic road cars and that Vintage Road A-B-C-... would be a category of their own, separated from the modern ones.

I'm quite sure IRL the veneno isn't that fast: it a slightly revised Aventador with a bit more HP and refined aero (?).
Lamborghini supercars are not as track-focussed as ferrari, mclaren or porsche, they mostly sell thanks to their "extreme" design

Not sure about Veneno... It is very rare so it is harde to compare it. But Aventador SV in Asseto Corsa is a rival for Porsche 918, Laferrari and P1 :)

I hope we will get Road A Lamborghini some day :)

The veneno is more then a revised aventador. It's more centenario then Aventador. Over 200lbs lighter with 50 more hp and more aero. It would wax an aventador on the track being quicker in many ways. Plus it tops 220mph. So I agree it belongs in road A i would even argue it being a track day car.

Last edited:
Which 3 cars in the game are you all most excited to
I wonder if that Lamborghini Huracan Road version (YES!!) is in the base game.

EDIT: Makes me wonder if there's a 488 road car too.

That's what I was hoping for, a 488 road car or 458 Speciale.

The veneno is more then a revised aventador. It's more centenario then Aventador. Over 200lbs lighter with 50 more hp and more aero. It would wax an aventador on the track being quicker in many ways. Plus it tops 220mph. So I agree it belongs in road A i would even argue it being a track day car.

It's road legal though, at least I think it is. Weren't only 4 made or so? 4.5 million EUR or USD a piece? :) But so far the road legal cars are in road, the not-road legal and track toys are in track day I believe.

It's road legal though, at least I think it is. Weren't only 4 made or so? 4.5 million EUR or USD a piece? :) But so far the road legal cars are in road, the not-road legal and track toys are in track day I believe.
Only 3 were made for sale, close enough. But yeah so I agree it should be in road A not B.

I am still wondering, why Veneno is in Road B instead of Road A... It is hypercar, and it has similar Performance compared to P1 or LaFerrari. I think it can be overpowered for a B class.

They may have it set for a low grip tire to fit in Road B.

I am still wondering how the Enzo is Road B.

The car classes were based off in-game Nurburgring lap times.

The car classes were based off in-game Nurburgring lap times.
And I've been very vocal about how off-putting that is in the Q&A thread when @The_American originally brought it up. I get that they want to have battles like Clarkson had in Majorca in that tiny roadster vs the Mustang, but I would think straight up power-to-weight ratios would get that sorted. Don't necessarily have to physically put in a lap to get that data.

Back