Project CARS 2 Car List

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,206 comments
More vintvintIndycars and Champcars and F1 cars please.
The only rule is that we have this awesomeness.
indycar-sebastien-bourdais-livery-announcement-2018-sebastien-bourdais-dale-coyne-racing-h.jpg

Early 90s champcar/indycar and f1 would be sweet, and that 2018 indycar looks good in both road and oval variation hope formula one is taking note haha

After some basic testing with the Lotus 25, it seems even with accelerated tire wear, the tires will last at least 150 miles. 200 miles is where it might start to matter, didn't test that far, just using some calculations. 150 miles is definitely easily possible though. Incredible.

Im curious. Trying to decipher the le mans classes of the 90s-2000s, and its confusing. Theres gt1 (porsche, mclaren, mercedes...etc) and lmp900, (333 sp, gt-one...etc).

Is lmp900 (or otherwise known as lmgtp) the spiritual successor to the cars that raced in gt1? This would make sense to me given the gt-one showing up in both classes... I ask because I did a race with gt1 and lmp900 and they were near identical in performance so I thought that lmp900 was just the "newer" version of that class

So it's more of a coincidence then that gt1 ended as lmp900 rose... If you check my profile pic, there are talks of binging back a potential lmgt1 class. I would go insane if someone the liveries that Sean bull designed would be real.

So it's more of a coincidence then that gt1 ended as lmp900 rose... If you check my profile pic, there are talks of binging back a potential lmgt1 class. I would go insane if someone the liveries that Sean bull designed would be real.
The 1999 LMP900 regs were an extreme evolution of the previous year's GT1 regs. I have found the LMP900s to be noticeably faster than GT1. According to the leaderboards, LMP900 are about 10 sec quicker around Le Mans.

The 1999 LMP900 regs were an extreme evolution of the previous year's GT1 regs. I have found the LMP900s to be noticeably faster than GT1. According to the leaderboards, LMP900 are about 10 sec quicker around Le Mans.
gotcha. when i did my test it was at a slower track, so that explains the similar performance.

Ugh. LMP900 did not evolve from GT1, LMGTP did to allow somewhere for what were essentially prototypes to race (TS010 being the example of what GT1 became because of lax homologation rules). GT1 became insanely expensive and died the same way other money pit classes did.

Before I add the Ferrari Challenge to the list, what year is it in game? Also, heard there's an APAC, EU and Asian car with their own liveries.

Before I add the Ferrari Challenge to the list, what year is it in game? Also, heard there's an APAC, EU and Asian car with their own liveries.
Looking at Youtube there are 3 cars (probably the same but a way to group liveries by region for any events they're planning), the year is 2017:

Is it correct that the Ferrari DLC pack is the last and final dlc pack out of the four? And what month is it scheduled to be released. It’s the one I’m looking forward to the most.

Is it correct that the Ferrari DLC pack is the last and final dlc pack out of the four? And what month is it scheduled to be released. It’s the one I’m looking forward to the most.
Based on what we know, yes. It's scheduled to be released in September.

I'm tired of Ferrari and Porsche, especially after that total p**s take that was the Le Mans pack. So much they could have done and they gave us cars from manufacturers that they were doing DLC for anyway. They obviously have something going on behind the scenes with them, as all of their cars drive considerably easier than anything else in the game. It's infuriating.

I'm tired of Ferrari and Porsche, especially after that total p**s take that was the Le Mans pack. So much they could have done and they gave us cars from manufacturers that they were doing DLC for anyway. They obviously have something going on behind the scenes with them, as all of their cars drive considerably easier than anything else in the game. It's infuriating.
I would personally like some Mazdas but I read somewhere the licence to the rad bull was from red bull not mazda

I'm tired of Ferrari and Porsche, especially after that total p**s take that was the Le Mans pack.

That's a bit harsh!

The Porsche 917 LH, Ferrari 512M and 512S are Le Mans Legends and fit perfectly with the Classic Le Mans track, so personally I'm very pleased with the pack!

There will always be cars which we would rather have had - and I expect SMS had some preferred choices as well, but weren't able to get those cars for whatever reason (probably licensing, but possibly also time and access).

If SMS do have a close relationship with Ferrari and Porsche that is a good thing in terms of getting access to technical data, liveries etc.

Like Sick Cylinder said, some of the choices SMS made are totally relevant and satisfy the community (think about the 1970 and 1971 Le Mans prototypes, the 2016 lmp1, or the two porsche rsr, gte and carrera) and some others don't agree my tastes but nothing is automatic here, getting license costs both money and time and I am sure they did their best. They seem to have a good relationship with ferrari, porsche, Lamborghini, McLaren, aston Martin and that is great, they did some beautiful work with that Le Mans vintage track, let's be patient... We have the hands on what is according to me the best balance between authenticity and aesthetic at the moment.

Last edited:
It's actually quite neat that they have built a relationship with Ferrari and Porsche to end up with this many of their cars included in dlc packs or in the launch game. I mean, I would personally prefer more manufacture variety (I hope Dodge eventually comes, I really miss the original Viper GTS-R), but I can't complain too much as some of these cars were ones I haven't tried in a racing game before. The 917LH, 924 Carrera GTR, and those Ferrari 512s.

All I'm saying is when I bought my season pass and saw that there was gonna be a Ferrari Pack, Porsche Pack and a Le Mans Pack I was excited. I certainly didn't expect that to also be full of the same manufacturers. There are other Le Mans cars, a lot actually, and more relevant to the cars already in the game.
I feel baited in with that initial Motorsports pack that had actual variety in it, and the DLC after it has imo failed to live up to it.

Let me make it clear I love this game, I'm just so annoyed we aren't gonna get classes padded out now. And if we are it will be yet more of the same two manufacturers. As for being patient.. for what, a second season pass? Not likely.

All I'm saying is when I bought my season pass and saw that there was gonna be a Ferrari Pack, Porsche Pack and a Le Mans Pack I was excited. I certainly didn't expect that to also be full of the same manufacturers. There are other Le Mans cars, a lot actually, and more relevant to the cars already in the game.
I feel baited in with that initial Motorsports pack that had actual variety in it, and the DLC after it has imo failed to live up to it.

Let me make it clear I love this game, I'm just so annoyed we aren't gonna get classes padded out now. And if we are it will be yet more of the same two manufacturers. As for being patient.. for what, a second season pass? Not likely.
I agree. It seems like half of the cars out of all 4 packs are Porsches and ferraris. I don't think they should have made dedicated packs for both manufacturers and if they did they should have maybe added 10-12 cars each pack which could have included more of the Ferraris and Porsches that was in the le man's pack. Then the le man's one could have been more varied with possibly more Mazda, matra, dodge and Lister etc... Hopefully there will be more cars added after the Ferrari Expansion before the year is up, maybe a mixed bag Expansion with NO MORE Ferrari or Porsches as I think we have a healthy dose of both by now.

Latest Posts

Back