Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Tier 3: Group 5

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tier 3: Renault Sport RS01

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Tier 3: RX Lites International

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Tier 6 - Ginetta Junior, for me that stands for the lowest start of the GT branch which I will focus on first. Even though karts was the lowest tier in PCARS1, I consider that more as the start for the open wheelers.

So I will go:
Ginetta Junior => GT5 => GT4 => GT3 => GTE (WEC). After that either Touring, prototypes or rallycross.

I will keep the entire open wheeler series for last as that's my least favourite one (karts => Formula rookie => Formula C => etc).

Last edited:
Because that's Tier 3 before Formula X and IndyCar.
It's about time somebody got it right.... IndyCar is sooooo much higher than FA (F1). :D

I'm mainly an online racer so the career mode is kind of a backdrop for me. Any time I spend there though will pretty much follow @breyzipp format. Start in Ginetta Jr and work up to WEC (GTE). It's all about those Ford GTs for me (and being Ryan Eversley in the PWC ladder) :D

I'll probably go:
Tier 6 Juniors
Tier 5 Clio Cup
Tier 4 Cayman/GT4
Tier 3 GT3
Tier 2 Endurance
Tier 1 IndyCar with Coyne :)
Then probably some Touring Cars and RX.

When pC1 released I did Tier 6 Karts
In WMD2 I did some Tier 6 Ginetta Juniors
So when the game launches and I have to delete the save file (probably) I guess I'll start with Tier 5 Sportscar Lites, or possibly Formula C

By the time Project CARS 15 comes out I may have done all of the different classes :) #toobusy

I will start with Ginetta. However i plan to run multiple career paths within the same profile ad i did in PC1. Once i completed a path i will jump back to the lowest tier and start a new one.

Is It possibile also in PC2 to move vertically?

Thanks

I will start with Ginetta. However i plan to run multiple career paths within the same profile ad i did in PC1. Once i completed a path i will jump back to the lowest tier and start a new one.

Is It possibile also in PC2 to move vertically?

Thanks
That's what i would like to do too. I asked this question in another thread and i got a positive response, so i geuss you can do that.

Another series I just remembered... the Toyota 86 Series. That's world wide. Should also be an in game championship(in the same breath, I like the Ginetta G40 better).

I will probably start with Ginetta Juniors to get a feel for the game and work my way up the sportscar ladder.

I would love there to be Porsche Carrera Cup Tier and a Production Car racing Tier. This way, I can do Production Cars- Group A- vintage Trans Am- GT4- Carrera Cup- V8 Supercars.

I have a question about Affinity and manufacturer drives as it seems confusing as to how it works exactly.

Once you get past the Proving Ground part, does each brand have their own set of events separate from the main career mode (like invitationals) or do they take place within the main mode?

Once you get past the Proving Ground part, does each brand have their own set of events separate from the main career mode (like invitationals) or do they take place within the main mode?
I'm going to assume that the events are like Invitationals with set events.

I'm going to assume that the events are like Invitationals with set events.

Which in turn creates another set of challenges for you to complete. I'm loving this new career mode, it wrecks the version we had in Project 1.

That's what I was hoping to hear. :cheers:

Considering I'm planning on doing full length long seasons for my main career, it sounds like I should be busy until PC3 launches.

So far my career mode plan of attack is:

Formula Renault 3.5 --> Renault R.S 01 Trophy --> LMP3 --> LMP2 (WSCR & WEC) --> LMP1 (WEC). Once I've completed at least 2-3 years in each of those categories, I'll drop down from LMP1 into GT3 where I'll take part in WEC, GT3 Championship, Pirelli World Challenge and Lamborghini Super Trofeo.

Should keep me busy until Project Cars 3 :dopey:.

I'm kinda looking at starting with the ginetta junior instead of karts. I just didn't enjoy the tracks that the karts raced at on pcars1.

Is it possible for me to start in GT4 and go to LMP1? I don't want to stop at the Pirelli World Challenge...

Is it possible for me to start in GT4 and go to LMP1? I don't want to stop at the Pirelli World Challenge...

You should be able to as you can make lateral moves in the lower tiers. I can't say for sure though as none of the career mode videos I've seen have gotten past tier 3.

You can do whatever you like pretty much, you could start in GT4, and then follow that all the way through to PWC, or you could start in GT4, go to International RX Lite, then to Formula X and then do the WEC where you would be able to do LMP1

Just saw the developer stream regarding career:
- you can move vertically in a tier and go back to lower tiers. All within the same driver profile.
- you unlock invitational events by winning series but this time they are not embedded into the calendar. They are on a separate dashboard accessibile anytime on any point of you Career. They are clustered e.g. hystoric, road, low grip. Perfect to take a break from linear career patch.
-they added "be a manufacturer brand advocate". If you drive certain miles with a brand you Will be asked in the carrer to be their brand advocate. You Will be invited to a proving grounds test and if you win you Will get a contract.
-overall tons of improvements ti everything

Just saw the developer stream regarding career:
- you can move vertically in a tier and go back to lower tiers. All within the same driver profile.
- you unlock invitational events by winning series but this time they are not embedded into the calendar. They are on a separate dashboard accessibile anytime on any point of you Career. They are clustered e.g. hystoric, road, low grip. Perfect to take a break from linear career patch.
-they added "be a manufacturer brand advocate". If you drive certain miles with a brand you Will be asked in the carrer to be their brand advocate. You Will be invited to a proving grounds test and if you win you Will get a contract.
-overall tons of improvements ti everything

Don't forget the trophy room.:)That was a surprise to me when i saw that in the stream.

PCars2 has so many great options. I'll start off with the Ginetta, because I had a blast driving them in PCars1, but after that, it's going to be real tough to decide what to race.

Great time to be a racing sim fan!

Been a tough start to my career in Formula Renault 3.5 thus far. First race weekend of the season at the newly included Algarve circuit was a major disappointment. Struggled throughout practice and qualifying to set a competitive lap time. Managed to qualify 7th, which felt like a pole lap, due to my struggles :D. My joy was short lived, however, because on lap 12, whilst sitting in 6th position, I got on the accelerator to early coming out of turn 7 (?) and went sliding into the barrier giving it a massive wallop. Front bumper gone with the lovely addition of suspension damage as well. Nursed my car back to the pits where I decided to call it a day and retire.

On to the next round at the Nurburgring where I feel confident I can get a decent result to get me back into the championship :dopey:.

Latest Posts

Back