Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Tier 3: Group 5

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tier 3: Renault Sport RS01

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Tier 3: RX Lites International

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Thought this was supposed to be a serious race sim with snow and ice added for fun on the side . Putting it in career mode for GT3's is bonkers

Sadly it's not limited to GT3 as it also happens in Formula Rookie and I'm guessing pretty much every series that has more than 1 part.

I'm pretty much putting career mode on hold until this and the AI are addressed as they pretty much ruin the immersion. Thankfully single races work fine.

I had to spend about 40 minutes to finally get the second round adjusted properly, and by that time I was so fed up that I never actually finished the round. Just left after practice. @IanBell I know you've mentioned it, but if 3 people on gtplanet forums have noticed it, I'm assuming your casual market is noticing it and aren't going to be very polite about it. In my opinion, this should be pretty high on the priority list given that the career mode is such a large pillar of the game. (Although it may not be as bad in other classes, I have yet to try them)

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain and eventually made me give up on the career for the weekend. I went up to 120 in some races (Due to inconsistencies in their pace, sometimes even changing between qualifying and race, annoying as it is because you can't go back to the menu after finishing qualifying) and now I'm running 65 in the next Tier with the Ginetta GT5 series.

It's great we have these weather effects , it's great we can if we want run an Indy car in the snow around a rallycross track but that's optional , I've not come across snow so far in GT4 and let's hope this is a bug of some sort .
Any WMD members care to elaborate ?

I completed the GT5 championship which was quite a mission as the tyres never warm up.
Since I've done a lot of the GT4 championship in PCARS, I'm going with the Porsche Cayman Cup next.

I completed the GT5 championship which was quite a mission as the tyres never warm up.
Since I've done a lot of the GT4 championship in PCARS, I'm going with the Porsche Cayman Cup next.

I have the same issue. This car are really bad to drive. I have started career again from Ginetta Junior... Then i think i will go for lite prototypes. I hope I can go back to GT4, GT3 then.

I have the same issue. This car are really bad to drive. I have started career again from Ginetta Junior... Then i think i will go for lite prototypes. I hope I can go back to GT4, GT3 then.
Yes is a big issue that makes the series unplayable. It is the same for formula rookie but with Ginetta gt5 is insane.

I just did my first race in the Porsche Cayman championship.
I have the AI on 80/50.

Managed to qualify on pole by 0.5s after figuring out I had to select the soft tyres to be competitive, and then hit skip to end of session only to end up dead last!

Anyway, on to the race of 20 laps and what a race it was!
I was managing to pass 1 or 2 AI every lap and ended up 2nd.

This race was amazing! The car is excellent, the AI were fun to race and didn't do anything silly.
I'm looking forward to the rest of the championship.

Last edited:
After the Ginetta Junior Cup I proceeded to the Clio Cup. Half way and just finished way too easy on 1st place @Snetterton 300 (AI=100%).
Six laps and 1:08 difference with number two. I think AI needs to be increased again.
Racing in the rain and being Dutch go very well together ;)

And also noticed that I already have a complete 40 hour (work)week invested in PCars2 without the wages. Time flies when you're having fun and for me the joy is priceless.

TOday learned how to use a setup from someone else with the ghost function. Ideal for timetrial hotlapping and compare your driving skills with the knowledge you have the exact same car setup. And my personal preference is to turn all assists off.

I started with Formula Rookie and am only just about to start the final round of the UK Championship.

I really struggled with Snetterton 200. After the back straight where you have the sharp left quickly followed by a 90° right with the huge kerb, I was a disaster and almost afraid to turn in. Thank God that round is behind me.

I started with Formula Rookie and am only just about to start the final round of the UK Championship.

I really struggled with Snetterton 200. After the back straight where you have the sharp left quickly followed by a 90° right with the huge kerb, I was a disaster and almost afraid to turn in. Thank God that round is behind me.

I just completed Snetterton 200 with the Ginetta 40s. That corner is real tough! I'm generally very bad at corners like that which have a high-speed, high-radius entry with a small-radius follow-up corner. That new Portuguese racetrack also has a similarly challenging sequence of corners where you enter fast and need to brake progressively harder and harder.

That sequence of corners is the perfect glaring example of one of the major issues with AI pace. Ever since PC1, they have been unrealistically fast, across all cars, all categories, in that corner. Conversely, the AI in the same race and same car will be painfully slow through T1.

Snetterton 200 is the most obvious place to see this unrealistic behaviour, but once you know what to look for, you can find examples similar to it at nearly every single track.

Donnington National, they're fast through Redfish, slow through Crainer Curves, and slow through the old hairpin...so slow that in a Ginetta Jr, I can close 10-20 car lengths on the run up the hill to the next corner.

Knockhill, they're unrealistically fast through T3, unrealistically slow through the chicane.

Oulton Island or GP, they're unrealistically fast through T1 and T2, unrealistically flow through the chicanes.

Formation laps are a mess. There's instances where you can see cars sliding sideways down the road as they "weave"'to get tire temp. They crash into each other on formation laps.

Standing starts, every AI leaves the line at the exact same time, exact same launch speed. They are turtle slow off the line, all the way to T1.

The corners where they are unrealistically fast, if you are on their racing line, they'll hit you and you'll spin. The corners where they're slow, they'll often drop speed, either by braking
or lifting, at very unexpected places, where if you are following close enough, reacting causes a spin, since you're already on the grip limit. If you don't avoid them, you'll usually spin from the contact, they'll carry on as nothing happened.

I want to like the AI, it has positives to it. But right now I find it too unrealistic to invest time in. I'm not saying they're too fast, too slow, any of that...simply saying they don't race a car in a reasonably realistic manor.

That sequence of corners is the perfect glaring example of one of the major issues with AI pace. Ever since PC1, they have been unrealistically fast, across all cars, all categories, in that corner. Conversely, the AI in the same race and same car will be painfully slow through T1.

Snetterton 200 is the most obvious place to see this unrealistic behaviour, but once you know what to look for, you can find examples similar to it at nearly every single track.

Donnington National, they're fast through Redfish, slow through Crainer Curves, and slow through the old hairpin...so slow that in a Ginetta Jr, I can close 10-20 car lengths on the run up the hill to the next corner.

Knockhill, they're unrealistically fast through T3, unrealistically slow through the chicane.

Oulton Island or GP, they're unrealistically fast through T1 and T2, unrealistically flow through the chicanes.

Formation laps are a mess. There's instances where you can see cars sliding sideways down the road as they "weave"'to get tire temp. They crash into each other on formation laps.

Standing starts, every AI leaves the line at the exact same time, exact same launch speed. They are turtle slow off the line, all the way to T1.

The corners where they are unrealistically fast, if you are on their racing line, they'll hit you and you'll spin. The corners where they're slow, they'll often drop speed, either by braking
or lifting, at very unexpected places, where if you are following close enough, reacting causes a spin, since you're already on the grip limit. If you don't avoid them, you'll usually spin from the contact, they'll carry on as nothing happened.

I want to like the AI, it has positives to it. But right now I find it too unrealistic to invest time in. I'm not saying they're too fast, too slow, any of that...simply saying they don't race a car in a reasonably realistic manor.
Guess we'll need to add this track to the game then:
https://www.facebook.com/WilzigRacingManor/
:)

Just finished the Clio Cup. AI 100% and won 4/5 races. Last race I was almost pushed off track by (virtual) Nicolas Hamilton. Haha but then fought back from 6 to 3. Now the Group A Euro cup. Could select a number of German cars. I chose the Audi because of the best specs, but I think this is not always the best decision? We'll see.

Just finished the Clio Cup. AI 100% and won 4/5 races. Last race I was almost pushed off track by (virtual) Nicolas Hamilton. Haha but then fought back from 6 to 3. Now the Group A Euro cup. Could select a number of German cars. I chose the Audi because of the best specs, but I think this is not always the best decision? We'll see.
I had Nicolas too. I made a mistake at Brands Indy and he won the race and I came 3rd I think.

TUR8O, you have damage in Career mode? On a PS4? Oh god, I wish I had that. It's just greyed out along with a lot of other stuff in the menu for me.

TUR8O, you have damage in Career mode? On a PS4? Oh god, I wish I had that. It's just greyed out along with a lot of other stuff in the menu for me.
I have damage in career as well, blown engines and my cars at the end of rally cross don't look too healthy.

I'm doing Prototype C in career and they are really fun to drive. finished 2nd in points in national. Now doing the International. Hopefully I can win it. The leader for some reason always gains like a 10 second lead by the time I make it to second place and I can't hardly catch him.

After winning my class in The Touring Car Masters I told my season was unsuccessful and the next tier remained locked. The 5 showing on the career page is the team points finishing position. :confused:
Is that a multi-class championship? I'm seeing something similar in the tier 1 endurance championship, leading in LMP1 but behind a GTE Aston in the standings.

Completed my GT4 C'hip in the #33 Cayman. Was unsuccessful, due to a DNF(at Zolder) and finishing last(Silverstone). I did get a podium at Red Bull Ring and a 4th at Oschersleben. AI was at 100/100. About to do it again, but AI at 85/85

The V8 is awesome. Revs up to 9000rpm. I just upped the Front Diff to 2.5 and she's good to go.

The more experience you gain the better and tougher cars you get in Career mode. That is the way of progression you expect from a career mode. And it is even better if your expectations become reality. The raw Audi DTM V8 is a feast for your testosteron. Feel sorry for my H shifter after a 15 lap race.

Just started Formula Rookie - i just realised i had the game assists set to 'Authentic' since launch day....no wonder i kept losing control of the FR! I cant play the game like that.

A lot of people complaining about the cars harder to control than Pcars1 - this is why. Assists were on,out of the box on the first game.

Here I was doing the Indy 500, got a small lead from the second place player and decided to switch with the AI. Once the AI was running out of fuel, he never went for the pits despite suggesting that it was his intention and as a result, he run out of fuel and remain stopped in the pits for not refuelling.

Can somebody tell me how the AI pitting stategy works? Could this be a bad setup default pit stategy?

Back