• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,195 comments
United Kingdom
Southampton
RacingAtHome
4801860_orig.jpg

FAQ:
What consoles will it be released on?

It will be released on PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One and Steam OS.

When will it be released?
September 22nd 2017

What do we know in terms of a car list?
This is what they advertise on their announcement page:
  • Over 170 licensed cars from the most iconic brands
  • New vehicle types and motorsport classes including Rallycross, IndyCar, and Oval
The car list has been moved to a new thread here.

What do we know in terms of a track list?
This is what they advertise on their announcement page:
  • The largest track roster of any console racing game including ice and dirt tracks
The track list has been moved here.

What DLC will there be?
The DLC information has been put in the thread here.

Can I see some screenshots?
Have a look at the official Project CARS Instagram and Flickr for great screenshots.

Can I see some gameplay?
There are various gameplays on YouTube of the game already with some cars and tracks of the game including but not limited to IndyCar at Long Beach and RallyX at Hell and Daytona.

What features have been confirmed for Project CARS 2?
The Q&A Thread with @IanBell, @The_American and others have provided us with valuable information regarding the game including manual and animated pitstops as well as various other aspects.

Also, have a look at the Project CARS website for other details about the game.

Last edited:
Well before I buy into PCars 2 I want more features in PCARS 1. Especially a better multiclass set up. And more cars per group, we are tired of racing with one or 2 cars per class, Touring Cars for example.
Sign-ups for Project CARS 2 pre-Alpha is closed. I also don't think you're going to get some of those. They won't divide the GT3 class into both GT3 and GTE classes. However, you might be lucky with the Chevrolet license and get their WTCC car alongside the BMW. I doubt that though.

As far as I can tell, there are currently four screenshots, seemingly from pCARS 2, publicly available at the WMD site.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/announcing-project-cars-2-sign-up-now/

All of them of a Focus RS dong some offroad hooning. Not even sure of it's really representable of how the game might look like at this time. Don't know if they're aiming at even higher level graphics, or if they'll keep it at very much the level of pCARS 1, and just optimize the engine for smoother running and improved LOD.

As far as I can tell, there are currently four screenshots, seemingly from pCARS 2, publicly available at the WMD site.

All of them of a Focus RS dong some offroad hooning. Not even sure of it's really representable of how the game might look like at this time. Don't know if they're aiming at even higher level graphics, or if they'll keep it at very much the level of pCARS 1, and just optimize the engine for smoother running and improved LOD.
Added. Thanks.

Browsing Twitter and I saw this image. Does anyone know what Phoenix specifically is?
Cbbf1YsWAAYebyQ.jpg:large

For all I know it could be Phoenix International Raceway where Indycar is going this year, a classic Phoenix street circuit that was possibly hinted at in the forum Q&A or a Phoenix Rallycross circuit where Red Bull GRC is going this year.

Browsing Twitter and I saw this image. Does anyone know what Phoenix specifically is?
Cbbf1YsWAAYebyQ.jpg:large

For all I know it could be Phoenix International Raceway where Indycar is going this year, a classic Phoenix street circuit that was possibly hinted at in the forum Q&A or a Phoenix Rallycross circuit where Red Bull GRC is going this year.

Nah, it's just the code name for the game.

If they plan to improve the graphics they might as well drop the Xbone edition then, pCARS 1 runs savagely as it is.

If they plan to improve the graphics they might as well drop the Xbone edition then, pCARS 1 runs savagely as it is.

The reason pcars struggles on xbone, and to an extent on ps4 as well is largely due to poor optimization of the game engine. Remember that the decision to go ps4 and xbone instead of ps3 and x360 came fairly late in the development.

Kinda wonder when we will start seeing YouTube videos of this game. Probably once DLC/Patch support for Pcars1 is done just about.

Probably once they have something decent to show, for the moment it is more like bits and pieces of pCARS 1.

Oh ok. I'm slowly starting to get interested in that game. I'm still enjoying Pcars1 for now though. You must be one one of the WMD guys right?

I know that the game is not go be here until like late 2017 or 18 but im actually looking forward to seeing some WMD footage soon.
My own view is that it's still way too soon to start teasing stuff, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it feels wrong to me to start really teasing the next game when the first one is still getting DLC, and secondly there really isn't much to see yet. There's some stuff in development that will be awesome if it all makes it as planned, but it's still very early days.

I know that the game is not go be here until like late 2017 or 18 but im actually looking forward to seeing some WMD footage soon.

Me too. I'm curious to see if the graphics are further improved, and the hillclimb and togue modes mentioned on the wmd site. Assuming they haven't abandoned those ideas.

There are more disciplines and the loose surface stuff could be excellent from a rally cross perspective. I wouldn't expect anything teased too soon.

I think Ian Bell said there will still be a large part of the game dedicated to circuit racing (which I'm glad about). There has been a huge range of cars and racing types suggested by WMD2 members but be sure that not all will be included. Hopefully a really good range will though.

Having signed up to be part of the development process as yet I dont have a PC capable of testing. I'm playing and loving Project Cars 1 on PS4. Despite the flaws it is the best racing game I've used anywhere (on PC, Spectrum, Amiga, console or Pocketeer in my 40 years obsession with pretend racing.

I haven't been on the WMD2 forums as much as on here or on the official forum. I'm off to have an update now. I'll happily help keep this forum informed/teased when there's something to tease but only when we're allowed to. As yet it's too early for any of that. It is cool seeing some of what's being talked about though. There, that's a tease.

I've following pCARS 2 stuff quite closely, the game just don't have anything nice to show or tease at the moment. There are a few new tech for the game which looks interesting in the debug mode SMS show but it is definitely not teasing material yet.

There are some new tracks and cars, SMS seems to only show progress thread for tracks and cars they have secured licensed. Good chunk of cars are coming back and there are some nice new addition too but one of the road cars are not coming back though.

Last edited:
I've following pCARS 2 stuff quite closely, the game just don't have anything nice to show or tease at the moment. There are a few new tech for the game which looks interesting in the debug mode SMS show but it is definitely not teasing material yet.

There are some new tracks, SMS seems to only show progress thread for tracks and cars they have secured licensed. Good chunk of cars are coming back and there are some nice new addition too but one of the road cars are not coming back though.

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say the Focus RS. Would make sense to license the 2016 RS instead.

There are some new tracks and cars, SMS seems to only show progress thread for tracks and cars they have secured licensed. Good chunk of cars are coming back and there are some nice new addition too but one of the road cars are not coming back though.

Can you answer this? How deep are they into the development of the game?

Back