Project CARS 2 DLC Thread

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,070 comments
United Kingdom
Southampton
RacingAtHome
From what we know, there will be.

Season Pass (29.99EUR/$32.99*/£24.99) *Based on currency conversions.

Japanese Car Pack () - On Release
  • 1993 Nissan Skyline R32 Group A (Group A)
  • 1979 Nissan 280ZX GTX
  • Honda Civic Type R
  • Honda 2&4 Concept Car
The Motorsport Pack (Season Pass) - On Release
  • 1974 Jaguar E-Type V12 Group 44
  • 1997 Panoz Esperante GTR-1 (GT-1)
  • 1991 Audi V8 DTM (Group A)
  • 2016 Opel Astra TCR (TCR)
The Fun Pack (EUR/$9.99/£) - 19th December 2017
  • 2018 Ford Mustang RTR Spec-5D
  • 2017 Ford Bronco "Brocky" RTR
  • 2016 Audi S1 EKS RX
  • 2016 Citroen DS3 RX
  • 1985 Ford RS200 Group B
  • 1985 Audi S1 Quattro
  • 1978 Renault 5 Turbo
  • 1966 Mustang RTR
  • Catalunya RX
  • Brands Hatch Classic RX
Porsche Pack (EUR/$9.99/£) - 6th March 2018
  • 2017 Porsche 911 RSR
  • 2004 Porsche Carrera GT
  • 1987 Porsche 959 S
  • 1981 Porsche 935/78-81
  • 1978 Porsche 935/78
  • 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8
  • 1971 Porsche 908/03 Spyder
  • 1971 Porsche 917/10
  • 1970 Porsche 917K
  • Porsche Centre Leipzig
Surprise Update 5 Ferrari Challenge (FREE with Update 5) - With Update 5
  • 2016 Ferrari 488 Challenge

Spirit of Le Mans Pack (EUR/$9.99/£) -
  • 2016 Audi R18 LMP1 Fuji
  • 2016 Audi R18 LMP1 Le Mans
  • 2016 Toyota TS050 Hybrid
  • 2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid
  • 1986 Porsche 961
  • 1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTP
  • 1971 Porsche 917 Long Tail
  • 1970 Ferrari 512 S
  • 1970 Ferrari 512 M
  • Classic Le Mans
Ferrari Essentials Pack (EUR/$9.99/£) - 11th September 2018
  • 2016 Ferrari F12tdf
  • 2015 Ferrari FXX K
  • 2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta
  • 2001 Ferrari F355 Challenge
  • 1987 Ferrari F40
  • 1978 Ferrari 512BB LM
  • 1961 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
  • 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
  • Mugello
  • Pista di Fiorano

Content We Have Information About
Cars
Potential Tracks

Interlagos

Last edited:
Interesting, a season pass. Something that they left out on pCARS 1 but coming to pCARS 2. Love it or hate it, but hopefully it's going to look good.

I love how much Group A cars we will have in game...

-BMW M3 E30
-Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth
-Merc 190E 2.5-16 Evo

and now Audi, and Nissan Skyline :) It will be great :)

Just a little strange to have a DLC thread before the game is even released. Not exactly sure whether I like that or not. Let's just hope that the way the DLC is implemented (people who don't have the DLC nevertheless being able to drive the car if the host has it) is the same as last time.

Just a little strange to have a DLC thread before the game is even released. Not exactly sure whether I like that or not. Let's just hope that the way the DLC is implemented (people who don't have the DLC nevertheless being able to drive the car if the host has it) is the same as last time.

New Cars won't split community. So it isn't necessary to have that option for them. Especially if other players have access to other competitive cars. Tracks should have this option, because without DLC they can't participate in racing on the DLC tracks. Just like new maps for Online FPS games.

It's announced and will be continued for a reasonable period of time which is why there's a thread for it.

New Cars won't split community. So it isn't necessary to have that option for them.
Yes it is. There are leagues running only one car, and there are cars comparatively superior to others of the same class.

@jake2013guy I understand that. My comment was going against having DLCs announced before the game releases, not against you making a thread about that.

@jake2013guy I understand that. My comment was going against having DLCs announced before the game releases, not against you making a thread about that.
Apparently the normal practice these days is to develop DLC while a game is in the final stages of QA work and whatnot. Just because DLC is launched on day one, that doesn't necessarily mean it was ready to be included with the game itself.

Welcolme to the modern age of gaming :P Nothing against PC2, every game sells season pass and DLCs.

Apparently the normal practice these days is to develop DLC while a game is in the final stages of QA work and whatnot. Just because DLC is launched on day one, that doesn't necessarily mean it was ready to be included with the game itself.

Indeed. We don't know what state any of this DLC is in.

The contents look cool. Those are all cars I'd want to drive. Shame North America is being frozen out of things...

@jake2013guy — did we miss the years for the Nissans? I'll add them into the article now.

Indeed. We don't know what state any of this DLC is in.

The contents look cool. Those are all cars I'd want to drive. Shame North America is being frozen out of things...

@jake2013guy — did we miss the years for the Nissans? I'll add them into the article now.
You didn't. I just looked them up.

Yes it is. There are leagues running only one car, and there are cars comparatively superior to others of the same class.

We're honest. And if anything we really are giving insane value for money in the standard box. This amount of tracks alone would cost hundreds of dollars elsewhere.

They sure do like a good meltdown. Same with when Dirt 4 was announced and it was criticized for being a proper game with proper gameplay elements instead of a sophisticated, full-priced tech demo. *shrugs*

Absolutely. I just don't want anyone to have the pain I put myself through.

We're honest. And if anything we really are giving insane value for money in the standard box. This amount of tracks alone would cost hundreds of dollars elsewhere.

Going by iRacing pricing, each circuit is $11.95 or $14.95. As we have 60, that costs $897 at most and $717 at least. That's without the circuits.

Adding in the cars, they're $11.95 each so that's $2151.

Based on their pricing for cars and circuits alone, this game should cost somewhere between $2868 and $3048. Based on the GameStop figure of $60 for base game, you could preorder between 47 and 50 with money still to spare.+

@Dicra How much are you being paid to state your own personal opinion? I wish I was able to do that. I have a lot. :lol: If we were like that, it would be called the Project CARS 2 Pre-Order Release GTP Scandal. Or PCARS2PORGTPS for short.

Last edited:
People are massively misunderstanding the difference between preorder bonuses and DLC. Every single AAA title in the last 5 years has had preorder bonuses or special edition you can get by preordering. Every time there's a real physical item of value in these special editions, obviously it's going to be expensive. Does everyone want them to just give away hundreds of dollars worth of stuff for free?

Does everyone want them to just give away hundreds of dollars worth of stuff for free?

It seems a good chunk of gamers seem to expect that. Which baffles me since games have been pretty much the same price for the last 10 years or so ($50-60 in the U.S.) which is rather surprising considering how much production costs have ballooned in that same period.

It seems a good chunk of gamers seem to expect that. Which baffles me since games have been pretty much the same price for the last 10 years or so ($50-60 in the U.S.) which is rather surprising considering how much production costs have ballooned in that same period.
Not even counting that, just due to inflation $60 in 2007 would be the same as $72 in 2017.

From what we know, there will be.
Season Pass (29.99EUR/$32.99*/£25.99*) *Based on currency conversions.
Japanese Car Pack

• 1993 Nissan Skyline R32 Group A (Group A)
  • 1979 Nissan 280ZX GTX
  • Honda Civic Type R
  • Honda 2&4 Concept Car
The Motorsport Pack (Season Pass)
  • 1974 Jaguar E-Type V12 Group 44
  • 1997 Panoz Esperante GTR-1 (GT-1)
  • 1991 Audi V8 DTM (Group A)
  • 2016 Opel Astra TCR (TCR)
Why less content compared with previous "limited edition upgrade pack" and "japanese car pack" ?
Season pass wil be less expensive because less content, or not ?

Back