Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
This was amazing. The water persisted off line for a long time after the rain stopped. Very cool! I hope we can see a video of the localized weather. A helicopter view of the rain coming in at a couple corners and progressively reaching across the track.
When track and air temperatures would be low after a rain shower, that wouldn't be a surprise in real life. Although, it's a relative surprise in game considering that's never been done dynamically in game before. (Only other I can think of is F1 2011 where you also saw it visually.)

When track and air temperatures would be low after a rain shower, that wouldn't be a surprise in real life. Although, it's a relative surprise in game considering that's never been done dynamically in game before. (Only other I can think of is F1 2011 where you also saw it visually.)

I'm not complaining or thinking it's unrealistic. It's very welcome!

Depends on where you are racing. Rain does not necessarily result in cooling. As someone living in southern Ontario, Canada (where we get sub tropical climate in summer) I can assure you that is not always the case. It may cool the track by 1 or 2 degrees celsius, but the increased humidity leads to a much warmer ambient temperature (humidex).

Ive heard there are driver swaps die online in the game. Have i been lied too or is it true?
@IanBell stated in the Q&A that online driver swaps would be coming soon after release in a "free patch". Not sure what "soon after release" means though.

The full on co-op mode however will not happen (I was never clear on what that was anyways).

Depends on where you are racing. Rain does not necessarily result in cooling. As someone living in southern Ontario, Canada (where we get sub tropical climate in summer) I can assure you that is not always the case. It may cool the track by 1 or 2 degrees celsius, but the increased humidity leads to a much warmer ambient temperature (humidex).
Reading someone from Canada complain about the heat...

Well, isn't that just adorable.

Does anyone have an idea when these stupid manufactures will let game developers show off full damage on the cars. Im not saying they have to be on fire but it would make for realistic damage in games without someone having to be on pc using a bunch of 🤬 mods

@IanBell stated in the Q&A that online driver swaps would be coming soon after release in a "free patch". Not sure what "soon after release" means though.

The full on co-op mode however will not happen (I was never clear on what that was anyways).

I hope te offline "Driver Swap" would also be added :) Like offline multiplayer Hot Seat type.

Does anyone have an idea when these stupid manufactures will let game developers show off full damage on the cars. Im not saying they have to be on fire but it would make for realistic damage in games without someone having to be on pc using a bunch of 🤬 mods
It is stupid particularly when in the real world they let them race and are often involved in crashes which result in real damage!

You're welcome to come and try it out... 95+ degrees farenheit with 90%+ humidity with a cloudless sky....
Dude, I'm from ALABAMA.
whiteflaglol.gif

I lived there 30 years. I am not doubting the heat there. But your definition of hot may jive with my definition of hot.

I love the start of the Renault clio video!! Where the rear left tyre is coming off the rim because the amount of load on the tyre! Now that is attention to detail.

EDIT: or is that just me and I'm just dreaming?

And note the dates in the videos, not just when they were uploaded ;)

I think at this stage in physics.

i have been waiting for this level, since the 80's and nothing has pushed the barrier until now! I am currently 39 and glad, that I made a decision 2 years ago to buy Project CARS Gold. I did some revisiting of the ffb recently in PC 1 and appreciate the way they were heading with the title. You can feel tire flex in PC 1, but the physics were still wrong. But still better feeling to me than other sims. I hope you guys caught the part of the inside sim racing video, ffb can be configured to be adjusted from the wheel.

I think at this stage in physics.

i have been waiting for this level, since the 80's and nothing has pushed the barrier until now! I am currently 39 and glad, that I made a decision 2 years ago to buy Project CARS Gold. I did some revisiting of the ffb recently in PC 1 and appreciate the way they were heading with the title. You can feel tire flex in PC 1, but the physics were still wrong. But still better feeling to me than other sims. I hope you guys caught the part of the inside sim racing video, ffb can be configured to be adjusted from the wheel.
delete you are right

Last edited:
Back