Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Does the season pass ever go on sale? I want to get at least the Porsche pack and Le Mans, but not sure if it's worth it to just get the pass or buy the single DLC's.

Not sure I've seen just the DLC/Pass on sale yet, at least for PC. I got the deluxe version when it was on a nice sale simply because you never know whether those things will get discounted separately.

BTW the base game on Steam is 29.99(50%) and the deluxe is 53.99(40%) US this weekend as well.

I spent a while last night and today trying to get to grips with the C7 Z06 Vette. After a while I realized that a fair bit of what was causing my issues is the somewhat unusual transmission setup. The game says it has a 7-speed H pattern, but I didn't read that at first of course(and when I saw it it confused me as it didn't drive that way even though he shifted like it was). I just noticed that it was auto-lifting and auto-blipping the throttle for me so I apparently didn't need to use the clutch. But I had a lot of problem with unexpected instability at times, usually mid-late corner and even when not pushing for pace.

Some of this was obviously because I was driving on a cold track, but I eventually realized that a lot of it was due to the fact that even though the Z06 manages the throttle for me when shifting normally, the gas pedal overrides the auto-blip on downshifts. So when I would find myself getting through a corner too slow for the gear I was in and I downshifted, it was overrevving and causing wheelspin, which I was never expecting since I was driving it like a flappy-paddle semi-automatic and lazily leaving the gas halfway down. Once I corrected that the car became much more manageable. Still a handful at times but it does what I expect.

Is there a list anywhere of any other cars that have an oddball feature like this that I should look out for? I'm not sure if I should expect SMS to have some sort of explanation of things like this or how they would do it. But I do remember a fair bit of frustration in the first pCARS because it didn't tell you anything of what to expect, so you just got in an unfamiliar car and set about trying to figure out how the transmission was set up on the fly(and some of them were a bit odd). It's nice that they do at least tell you if it is an H-Pattern or sequential which helps a bit... though I suspect when it says "sequential" what it really means is "computer-managed-paddle-shift" and it calls any older race cars with a traditional sequential gearbox "H-Pattern" for simplicity. It would also be nice if it could let you know if your car has hybrid boost/KERS/DRS type systems too but I don't think it does. I did read somewhere on GTP that one of the old F1 cars has a sort of overboost mode you can use at risk of engine damage(which I remember some F1 cars did way back when I was first watching).

EDIT: It would also probably be nice if the handbrake worked on street cars. Last I checked most real cars do have one, but I've yet to find one where my mapped E-brake button works.

Would be great if they told you which car had DRS and KERS, and better if they animated the driver pressing the DRS button (found out this week that Driveclub does both, so don't know why PC2 can't. Also neat in Driveclub is the traction control light flashing in the cars dashboard when it intervenes, quite cool). Also, they need to fix up the gearbox type on some of he cars, the Diablo GT is shown as 6 speed sequential when it's a 5 speed H-pattern.

For handbrake, try the EVO 6 or EVO 8 Lancers, handbrakes work well on those. It's cars with button type handbrakes in real life that don't engage while driving.

Would be great if they told you which car had DRS and KERS, and better if they animated the driver pressing the DRS button (found out this week that Driveclub does both, so don't know why PC2 can't. Also neat in Driveclub is the traction control light flashing in the cars dashboard when it intervenes, quite cool). Also, they need to fix up the gearbox type on some of he cars, the Diablo GT is shown as 6 speed sequential when it's a 5 speed H-pattern.

For handbrake, try the EVO 6 or EVO 8 Lancers, handbrakes work well on those. It's cars with button type handbrakes in real life that don't engage while driving.

Thanks, I'll keep those in mind. Not that I use the handbrake that much, but it annoys me when I try and nothing happens.

Finally getting back into pCARS with VR a little bit. Not much time for it but I do have some time to do the community challenges. These last two RX ones have really opened my eyes on how fun RX cars are, especially in VR with a decent wheel. I don’t even care about the time as much as I care about how many great drifts and slides I can pull off. Definitely going to get into more of the RX content in the next few weeks.

Finally getting back into pCARS with VR a little bit. Not much time for it but I do have some time to do the community challenges. These last two RX ones have really opened my eyes on how fun RX cars are, especially in VR with a decent wheel. I don’t even care about the time as much as I care about how many great drifts and slides I can pull off. Definitely going to get into more of the RX content in the next few weeks.

Yeah
Yesterday for the fisrt time i drive a RX Car in community time trial with the Red Bull Ford and what a good fun i have it
Not a bad time for first time 0,43,700 , a two seconds from the lead but is a blast to drive with a wheel
PS4 user
Definitely i go make some races in this mode
Great addition to the game in my opinion
This game rulez
Just need some more fixes

Just did a race at rainy Road America. In dry training session, i was 1.7 sec faster then the AI. In wet qualifying session, i was last and 6+ sec behind the leader. Same in the race. Is this some kind of joke? Why is the AI driving like there is no rain? After so many huge updates, logic is still missing from this game? Im just a bit angry right now.

What class of cars. What were your AI settings?

GT3 cars. AI was set to 55. I did rain races before but never experienced this kind of problem outside of Pcars 1. I was under the impression that its possible to do entire rain races in Pcars 2 with soft slicks though. Not sure if this has changed. But i did this race with rain tyres and got pretty much screwed by the AI.

Not sure if I'm going mad but ive had a few occasions where my top speed was significantly higher in the race than in practise. Same race weekend, same weather. Last car I noticed it on what the Nissan GTPZX T at Le Mans and Sakitto.

It got to the point where if I set up the final drive in practise to hit top end nicely, by the time the race came I'd be maxing out the revs like crazy so I'd have to go back to the pits and adjust the final drive again. Really odd. But maybe I'm mad...

Could be multiple factors. Most likely ones are drafting and change in wind direction.
It was definitely not the drafting because that's the first thing I thought of but was the same on a clear stretch of track. Will keep an eye out to see about the wind etc

Anyone know why this options in photomode are locked?
OL7X7Km.jpg

I just wish I could simulate the twelve hours of Sebring... :(

Well, that's not all I wish for, but I'm sure everyone that's regular knows my true mission right now :rolleyes:. :lol:

One of my favorite things to do :D just wished i could have a full GT3 grid of at least 20 cars VS my P1 GTR :drool:

To bad it wasn't the ferrari GT3 Car
:gtpflag:

In Project Cars 1 P1 GTR would be in GT1X class with Zonda and RUF CTR3. This cars are great substitute for modern GT1 class :)

I just wish I could simulate the twelve hours of Sebring... :(

Well, that's not all I wish for, but I'm sure everyone that's regular knows my true mission right now :rolleyes:. :lol:
It's a conspiracy .We're all going deaf at the same exact time. I can prove it just lemme get my tin foil hat

With this Livetracks thing, are we supposed to be seeing things like dirt and tire marbles building up off of the driving line? Because I've got my time advance set at x10 and I've never really seen anything like that.

With this Livetracks thing, are we supposed to be seeing things like dirt and tire marbles building up off of the driving line? Because I've got my time advance set at x10 and I've never really seen anything like that.
How long are your races lasting though?

I saw this watching a 15 lap race at Indy oval with vintage Indy cars. They dropped wheels on the inside grass enough that there was a very distinct dirt "streak" to the the inside of the racing line, especially coming out of turn 1. It was pretty cool to see, although the AI was really over doing it pushing down into the turn.

Yeah setting the time at 10x should only affect the time and weather. It shouldn't speed up how quickly cars lay rubber and spread dirt on the track

Back