Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
A little update regarding my wheel shenanigans & they're progressing nicely.

My sponge ball brake mod is working wonders, I can nicely control my braking upto about 75% from there I have to push hard to get to 100%, so no more unwanted lockups, a little more practice & I might turn ABS off completely.

Again thanks to @Scaff for sharing his knowledge & his FFB settings, I have tweaked them slightly & found a nice balance for myself. I've settled on 80, 20, 60, 40, which is nice.

As for wheel rotation I've dropped it down to 540° as I was having trouble getting around tight chicanes or corners with 900° as I couldn't turn the wheel fast enough. (if you look close enough you can see my face imprinted on the side of the house at Bannockbrae chicane).

And finally I've slightly modded the footplate on my crap heap cockpit by screwing on a little lip for the brake plate to sit under so when I brake hard they no longer lift up.
20180419_214903.jpg 20180419_214935.jpg
All in all, the lap times are tumbling :cheers:

The cars giving you trouble did you try lowering there steering ratio?
I did but I needed just that little bit more, besides I can adjust the wheel on the go while going down a straight.

Edit: so I just had a look at some on board BTCC videos at Donington & it looks like the drivers turn the steering wheel about 90° for most of the track. So is there really any need for 900° on a race car?

Last edited:
The game is supposed to automatically adjust the steering lock and degrees of rotation based on the car you choose. You should keep your degree of rotation at the maximum in your device settings
Is there an off/on option for soft lock on the PS4? Because when I calibrate my T150 with 900 DOR, it doesn't feel like soft lock is on at all.

I didn't know that, I'll have to try again. Still getting used to it tbh coming from a pad, but getting there.
Stick with it m8 if you can ;) I had trouble when I came from a 360 lock wheel but mostly it was the games I played fault not adjusting the lock properly like when I play the crew with the wheel yeh I have no choice but to lower the deg the deadzone/flat spot is huge and I also do it for the dirt games I've asked but you cant get lighting hands on the nhs :)

If anyone here is also a GTSport player or checks out those boards you may have noticed they have a GTP Lobby Thread for random get-togethers. Considering all of the random GT3 lobbies we get on PC2 maybe it would be a good idea to have one of those threads over here. If you're interested like this post and if there are enough likes I'll make a thread about it. This way we can stick together online and ensure good clean racing throughout.

If I didn't have to work early I would, plus me and the girlfriend have Westworld and ftwd to watch.

I would definitely be down to organize some races with fellow gtp members on ps4 though! I've barely dug into mp in this game because it's hard to find good lobbies consistently, been playing offline mainly since release.

Out of curiosity, does anyone run speed sensitivity with a wheel?
I have it on 0 but I tried it last night just out of curiosity on 50 but when I turned the wheel I went straight on into a wall :).

Has anyone noticed that when setting up a Vintage GT-A race without qualifying that Jaguars always take up the top spots? I just had one where the top 10 cars were Jags. Not a bug but weird

Oh I've definitely noticed it. That's why I don't drive the Porsche 2.8 or anything else in that class. There's other classes with the same problem. Group 5 it's Porsche all the time. I ran a 10 lap race at Red Bull GP the other night and I was in the 935/80 on 70 AI strength and the two red Porsches lit out into the distance. At the end of the race I finished 2nd about 1.5 seconds behind with the other red one right on my rear bumper. But the gap from 3rd to 4th place was 37 seconds!! I haven't driven Group C since patch 5 to see if it's still the Nissan ZX turbo that dominates that class. BMW GTE's always start up front but at least that class is balanced enough they can be caught with the right AI number.

The fastest cars in certain classes always start up front. It's like qualifying happened without me. Apparently there's no such thing as a random starting field in some classes.

Oh I've definitely noticed it. That's why I don't drive the Porsche 2.8 or anything else in that class. There's other classes with the same problem. Group 5 it's Porsche all the time. I ran a 10 lap race at Red Bull GP the other night and I was in the 935/80 on 70 AI strength and the two red Porsches lit out into the distance. At the end of the race I finished 2nd about 1.5 seconds behind with the other red one right on my rear bumper. But the gap from 3rd to 4th place was 37 seconds!! I haven't driven Group C since patch 5 to see if it's still the Nissan ZX turbo that dominates that class. BMW GTE's always start up front but at least that class is balanced enough they can be caught with the right AI number.

The fastest cars in certain classes always start up front. It's like qualifying happened without me. Apparently there's no such thing as a random starting field in some classes.

Anecdote about Group C: I was in a lobby where the host was quick and adamant to kick anyone driving the ZX Turbo. The race turned out very well for it.

It's just odd because if I did qualifying, depending on the track other cars would be mixed near the top. I was using Watkins Glen, both versions and even with AI up at 100, hell even 120 they always hesitate going up the esses.

Man i love Live Track 3.0 :bowdown: My favorite thing about it is how after a rain storm the track starts to dry slowly and after a short time some parts are still wet and some are dry, so if your on wet tires you try to stay on the wet parts and if your brave enough to switch to slicks you try to stay on the dry.

Amazing feature love it :)

Made a bad decision last night.

While relatively new to the steering wheel side of things I decided it would be a good idea to have a blast at Bathurst in the Group A Cossie....

Nearly threw my wheel through the bloody tv believe me.

Ignore the Group 5 cars then lol. Turbo lag's a bitch
I get on ok with the group 5 especially the capri.

Maybe it was the combination, really struggled maintaining control over the mountain.

I won't give up though, I'll give it another crack tonight or tomorrow.

I get on ok with the group 5 especially the capri.

Maybe it was the combination, really struggled maintaining control over the mountain.

I won't give up though, I'll give it another crack tonight or tomorrow.

That is a tricky track, for sure. It's deceptively tight on the mountain, and the blind/high speed turns can be unforgiving.

:cheers:

Try the mountain in an easier car! I think some of the most fun I've ever had playing this game was just hot-lapping Bathurst in the Porsche 908/3. That car was designed for tracks like that, it sounds great, and it's pretty small, so it's easier to maneuver through those tight sections!

Curious if anyone has an opinion on whether pcars should focus their motorsports in the future. in that, they narrow down the selection to maybe 3 or 4 different motorsports instead of 27. I think I would be ok if they had something like gt4, indy, rallycross, and vintage stuff. I think it would be cool and would benefit making content selection per class and quality per class much better.

Curious if anyone has an opinion on whether pcars should focus their motorsports in the future. in that, they narrow down the selection to maybe 3 or 4 different motorsports instead of 27. I think I would be ok if they had something like gt4, indy, rallycross, and vintage stuff. I think it would be cool and would benefit making content selection per class and quality per class much better.

If a game decides to go this route, it needs to be backed by a full series license. Without that license, developers, even when concentrating on the series, can't recreate the series fully in every capacity. If I had my choice, it would be PWC, WEC, TCR, Indy, Super GT and the Renault Single Make stuff on the forefront of the main series included in the game. Five of those series also cover the vast majority of public lobby choices, and Super GT is just me dreaming lol.

I've just did the invitation event with the RSR, 2h of races, multi class, day&night cycle, just woaouh !
Try this, after that you MUST love the game

Nah if anything they should expand upon the ones we have now and then some. Take can am for example, currently only has one but imagine in PC3 they added another half a dozen worthy ones. Shadow, McLaren, Ferrari, Chevy, Nissan, chapperal... Another expample is trans am, that could be a whole new field adding 70s-90s plus the newer trans am series of cars. Cutting down would be going backwards, I like the route they are taking currently...so to speak.

Latest Posts

Back