Oval setup
Gearing
Low down force
High tyre pressure
Close brake ducts
Close radiator ducts
Ride height
Toe

You want to minimise drag as much as possible, however this comes at a cost of stability & overheating engine/brakes

Can someone explain to me what would be the reason a AI car would pull over and retire from a race?

Today i was doing a 55 lap race around daytona oval when around lap 50 i saw a car pull over to the side and just disappear(retried) to the pits but that car wasn't damage or anything? did it just run out of gas? i would think the ai would know when to pit for gas?

Anyway that's the first time i seen a ai car retire from a race like that.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what would be the reason a AI car would pull over and retire from a race?

Today i was doing a 55 lap race around daytona oval when around lap 50 i saw a car pull over to the side and just disappear(retried) to the pits but that car wasn't damage or anything? did it just run out of gas? i would think the ai would know when to pit for gas?

Anyway that's the first time i seen a ai car retire from a race like that.

Did not want to pee in the suit.:D

I race in a mainly USA focussed league so my most common tracks are Daytona, Texas, Indy,
Still can't figure out what's going on. Even at Indy Motor Speedway the car is topping out at 173 ish.....
Are you in the road or oval car? Also check which setup you are loading.

I race in a mainly USA focussed league so my most common tracks are Daytona, Texas, Indy,

Are you in the road or oval car? Also check which setup you are loading.

I am in the road course car, however on the main straight at the IMS road course track I should be able to hit more than 170 mph. Stock setup but I told my race engineer to make me go faster.

I am in the road course car, however on the main straight at the IMS road course track I should be able to hit more than 170 mph. Stock setup but I told my race engineer to make me go faster.

The race engineer doesn't adjust gear ratios iirc.
So if you're hitting the limiter at 170mph, you'll need to adjust the gearing setup yourself.
For a quick start, adjust final drive only by lowering the ratio number in setup.
For gearing in general (PCARS 2), a lower number on the gear ratio means a longer gear, i.e. higher speed at the same RPM.

After a year of savings I almost have saved enough money to buy a wheel and chair. Right now I have my eye on the Playseat Revolution and add the Logitech G29 or the Thrustmaster T300 RS GT ( the version with the T3PA pedials ).

For the wheel there is a price difference as the T300 is 100 Euro more expensive as the G29. If I have done my research good enough I believe the T300 with the good pedals has a bit more quality but has more reported issues in the durability department.

As far as the chair is concerned it can't take up much more space and I prefer the Revolution over the Evolution due to the positioning of the steering colom which should make the pedals easier to use.

Anyone that has to add something to this in this price range and size?

Any help is appreciated.

After a year of savings I almost have saved enough money to buy a wheel and chair. Right now I have my eye on the Playseat Revolution and add the Logitech G29 or the Thrustmaster T300 RS GT ( the version with the T3PA pedials ).

For the wheel there is a price difference as the T300 is 100 Euro more expensive as the G29. If I have done my research good enough I believe the T300 with the good pedals has a bit more quality but has more reported issues in the durability department.

As far as the chair is concerned it can't take up much more space and I prefer the Revolution over the Evolution due to the positioning of the steering colom which should make the pedals easier to use.

Anyone that has to add something to this in this price range and size?

Any help is appreciated.

Well, it looks like you won't be sticking with your PS4 controller after all.
I have a T300 rs GT. With the T3PA pedals. Go that route. I know it's more but it just feels more solid and real than the G29. The G29 felt more toy like and was a bit noisy on the one I tried. Just turn the FFB gain down on the T300 so that you're not fighting a semi-truck without power steering and it should last. :cheers:

@Beezer215 Thanks for the advice. To be fair I never said I would stick there as I've been exploring my options while saving the money and evaluating the options after buying an appartment. It's just that I know from experience that there are people that have budget limitations and other restrictions that apply but still like sim racing

So I assembled my Playseat and Thrustmaster T300RS GT today and took it for a little spin.
Any advice on Force Feedback and FOV settings? So far I've tried all three standard settings with gain reduced to 30.

An unrelated problem I noticed what that the revs appear to drop a little notch every few seconds on the straights.

Any help as always would be appreciated.

So I assembled my Playseat and Thrustmaster T300RS GT today and took it for a little spin.
Any advice on Force Feedback and FOV settings? So far I've tried all three standard settings with gain reduced to 30.

An unrelated problem I noticed what that the revs appear to drop a little notch every few seconds on the straights.

Any help as always would be appreciated.
Field of view calculator.

https://andyf.me/fovcalc.html

FOV settings?

You already have the FOV calculator thanks to Daz. I'd just like to add that you'll need to mess with the camera settings to remove the FOV sense of speed, World Movement set to 100 (which stops the camera moving around) and also the look to apex turned off. That'll keep your camera nice and still in the cockpit. Once you're used to it you can start messing around if you want to add a little bit of head movement in.

Hello everyone. For some reason there is a huge sale in the Xbox store in my country (Latin American), and the base Project Cars 2 is about $16 USD. I'm an Xbox One X gamepad user that does not care at all for online Racing and I just want to have a fun and reasonably challenging offline experience. Do I jump on the offer? Thank you very much in advance for your opinions.

If you enjoy racing games then I should think so yes. The game has a nice career mode which biggest downside is that it is scripted which reduces replayability. Besides that there is an endless amount of combinations you can run in time trial or custom events.

The game's AI is good enough for offline racing but not great. I for example prefer F12019's AI

Hello everyone. For some reason there is a huge sale in the Xbox store in my country (Latin American), and the base Project Cars 2 is about $16 USD. I'm an Xbox One X gamepad user that does not care at all for online Racing and I just want to have a fun and reasonably challenging offline experience. Do I jump on the offer? Thank you very much in advance for your opinions.
Get the deluxe version, you won't regret it.

Almost everything in the deluxe version is something you're really going to want. I don't like to make it a habit of telling people what they should and shouldn't buy but my belief is that you'll regret not buying the deluxe version right from the beginning.

It’s OK, I appreciate the recommendation. However, at this point the Deluxe version is not on sale and the base game is 75% off! Even if I purchase the season pass later (it’s about $22 USD) the total cost would be way under the regular price. I think i’m going for it.
UPDATE: After downloading overnight, I have spent around 3 hours testing and tweaking and I’m pleased to report I’m having a great experience. Thanks to the controller settings subforum here I came to a configuration that is not twitchy and turns and brakes much to my liking. I also used the race engineering advice and use minimal assistance (abs/traction control) with no stability control.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I posted something, but I finally managed to finish a 24h race at Daytona... in 2.4 hours. I just set the progression speed to 10x and the time to 2:25:00. I also set the weather to roughly how it was in this year's Daytona race, and I didn't like the rain portion at all...

Now that I got that out of the way, I can now take on Sebring 12h :)

Edit:
Forgot that Sebring isn't in the game... Guess I'll need to find a replacement, Indy will have to do...

Last edited:
Got a chance to drive this car last night cause now i have pc 2 on my laptop as well as my ps4 :D and it runs surprisingly well on just 8gb 👍 gonna upgrade to 16 next week :lol:

Anyway i heard about how amazing this car engine sound is and now i know what they meant.

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2019.10.23 - 01.45.52.49.png Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2019.10.23 - 01.46.56.23.png Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2019.10.23 - 01.48.20.19.png

Got a chance to drive this car last night cause now i have pc 2 on my laptop as well as my ps4 :D and it runs surprisingly well on just 8gb 👍 gonna upgrade to 16 next week :lol:

Anyway i heard about how amazing this car engine sound is and now i know what they meant.

View attachment 859785 View attachment 859786 View attachment 859787
Nice Pics!! How was your experience running the game on PC? Did you notice a very different game? (In terms of Graphics, FFB, IA gameplay)

Back