Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments

It also has been confirmed that there won't be any CO-OP campaign despite original plans.

Unless things have changed drastically in the last few days, @IanBell had stated here that CO-OP would be included most likely as a post release patch.

Would appreciate confirmation from Ian on this latest development........

For the record ...

So Ian while you're here can you confirm if this is true or not, did Co-op career mode miss the cut and won't be in pcars 2?
We're still working on multiplayer features. I have 10 full time dedicated multiplayer coding staff on the project now and we're working very hard to deliver all that we want to deliver. That delivery list is VERY long though and at some point very soon we have to stop new feature work and move to bug fixing and polish. So I can't say for sure yet sorry. Our main focus has been on improving the 'acuity' of the online experience; on dealing properly with griefing (wreckers) and dealing more efficiently with those suffering temporary connection issues.

Street lights. Imagine a track like Singapore!
The-Marina-Bay-F1-street--008.jpg

Yes that's what the coop meant.
Either being in the same team as drivers during a championship, but the second player could also be the spotter, or co-pilot (and potentially any other staff member deciding from strategy to tuning).
At least, that's what was planned when pcars2 was started, but as Ian stated, they had to close the scope one day, in order to prioritize other things and QA, and that feature didn't make the cut.

Some people already believed it would not be in game since the mention of the feature disappeared on the WMD website.

Last edited:
This isn't necessarily directed at the developers but has there been any news on Dodge coming to P Cars? Every sim games needs a Viper ACR or GT3-R.

This isn't necessarily directed at the developers but has there been any news on Dodge coming to P Cars? Every sim games needs a Viper ACR or GT3-R.

No mention of it, but since both Chrysler and Ferrari are owned by Fiat, and since the Viper is now officially DOA (dead on it's axles) I wouldn't hold my breath.

Although a Hellcat would be nice to see (hint, hint @IanBell and @The_American )

@IanBell @The_American

1/ Will LMP1-H cars, such as the TS040-HYBRID and R18 e-tron quattro, have user control over the ERS harvesting and deployment, like we have in Assetto Corsa, or is that still simulated for us like it was in Project CARS 1?

2/ Is there a car that you, as a player, would love to have in Project CARS 2 but for whatever reason, which is not relevant here, have not been able to procure?

Thanks.

Last edited:
1/ Will LMP1-H cars, such as the TS040-HYBRID and R18 e-tron quattro, have user control over the ERS, like we have in Assetto Corsa, or is that still simulated for us like it was in Project CARS 1?
I don't really follow WEC series, but does the driver has any control over harvesting energy apart from voluntarily braking (and obviously running) IRL ?

I don't really follow WEC series, but does the driver has any control over harvesting energy apart from voluntarily braking (and obviously running) IRL ?
Not really, no. But that is what Ian hinted at: the crew does. So, they're working to also make that adjustable in-game. Not on the fly, but in the Tuning Settings.

Unless things have changed drastically in the last few days, @IanBell had stated here that CO-OP would be included most likely as a post release patch.

Would appreciate confirmation from Ian on this latest development........

We're aiming for ship yes. If not, day one patch, and if it's REALLY much harder than we envision, a later patch. It will come for free though.

Co-op Endurance Racing.

Someone tell me again why I'd need to invest in iRacing? :lol:

Exactly. I hope the eSports folks are making note and plan to organize proper 24 Hour events. If not, I may have to take that on myself........ except then I can't manage my own team and race :(

iRacing and even the fine folks here at GT Planet have shown that the community has a desire for it (as shown by how successful the GT Planet Endurance series organized by AJ were.). The community interest is there, so long as someone is willing to actually organize it. It is a tremendous amount of work, so a team such as the eSports League folks would be best equipped for it.

I can promise you that if they do it, CanAm VRL will have cars and drivers there!!!

Co-op is exactly what we gamers need to simulate an endurance race. I've been wanting to play a game with a feature like this since encountering the crazy-long enduros in Gran Turismo 4. This shall be an innovative feature if it's done right.

hi Ian,
what about a livery tool, or a livery share feature, in project cars 2 ?
it's not a feature or maybe in free update ?
I see this kind of things in Forza and GTSport.
Sorry if question has already been asked.
thanks again for your hard and good work. :D

i1RGRsNXCjpPv7c-638x359.jpg

GT-Sport-Livery-Editor-2-638x359.jpg

hi Ian,
what about a livery tool, or a livery share feature, in project cars 2 ?
it's not a feature or maybe in free update ?
I see this kind of things in Forza and GTSport.
Sorry if question has already been asked.
thanks again for your hard and good work. :D

i1RGRsNXCjpPv7c-638x359.jpg

GT-Sport-Livery-Editor-2-638x359.jpg
He's said this a million times. No. Livery. Editor. In. Game.

Back