Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments

This saved my life !!!
Every day I think about what I will do first in the game, which track, which car, which function to test first, which discipline to start in career mode etc. and the list of trophies gave me a great idea, I'll start by trying to win all the simpler trophies in the following order:

Winter Soldier
He drove a clean lap around the Nordschleife in the snow in less than 8 minutes

Advanced Experience
Completed an event in a Mercedes car at the Mercedes-Benz Driving Events Ice Track 2

Hunting For Grip
He drove a clean lap around Fuji in stormy conditions, in less than 2 minutes

Viva Ferrari
drove 4 Ferrari cars, around Imola

Car Zero
Raced by 4 laps in the Lamborghini Veneno around the Red Bull Ring GP

Straight Six
drove a Porsche 911 GT1-98 at 24 hours from the Le Mans circuit for 24 minutes with a 60x time progression.

Snap Snap Snap
Took a photo in photo mode

The results are in, you are clean!
Finished 1st in an online race in 5 laps without making contact

Made an Online
completed his first online race

I'm just to watch
An online race in progress as a spectator

Can I ask you something?
used the race engineer in the Adjustment Setup and made changes based on his recommendations.

This Is The Start
Created a new driver in Career and signed his first contract

Would be keen to know if any Aussies on this forum are pre-ordering the game for PS4/xbone. If so, where did you pre-order from?

Question for those in the know, will or can PC2 have anywhere near the mods that AC has?

No. We have an insane amount of content though with more to come. We debated the mod thing for a long time and came to the conclusion that we wanted every video out there so shout quality. This isn't something we can do with mods unless we moderate them and that opens up a whole can of worms where we could insult people by setting the bar high.

I'm not ruling it out in the future but our main aim for now is to deliver so much content that you won't feel you're missing anything.

Ian,
a few days before the release of Project cars 2, we know that the online championship will come later. But can you tell us if the players will have the possibility to include the AI in the Online championship? If that happens, it would be great news: this would allow players to create their own championships and play only with the AI.
Last question: How do you feel a few days before the release?
Thank you

Ian,
a few days before the release of Project cars 2, we know that the online championship will come later. But can you tell us if the players will have the possibility to include the AI in the Online championship? If that happens, it would be great news: this would allow players to create their own championships and play only with the AI.
Last question: How do you feel a few days before the release?
Thank you

On the former, apologies, it's changed so much day to day I'm unsure of the current position. I've pushed it like hell though.

On the latter, Crapping myself as always. I've/we've put everything we have into this one, I think it's fair to say more so than ever before. We think we've just created the best racing game ever made, but we'll see... I can say that I felt the same sort of passion from the team this time around that I felt when we created GTR2 (and 85% of those guys/girls are still with us). It's that passion which makes all the difference and I hope it's evident for all.

Things are much more complex now. We set the bar really stupidly high in terms of improvements from pCARS1 to 2 and I think we hit about 95% of that bar. It won't be absolutely perfect in every area, nothing is, but I do in all humility feel it's the best racer ever shipped. We'll continue to patch and improve as our fans deserve of course. There are a few areas that I think are slightly less than as perfect as they could be. So yes, we'll keep hitting those for at least a year. Then we'll raise the bar again for the next one :)

On the former, apologies, it's changed so much day to day I'm unsure of the current position. I've pushed it like hell though.

On the latter, Crapping myself as always. I've/we've put everything we have into this one, I think it's fair to say more so than ever before. We think we've just created the best racing game ever made, but we'll see... I can say that I felt the same sort of passion from the team this time around that I felt when we created GTR2 (and 85% of those guys/girls are still with us). It's that passion which makes all the difference and I hope it's evident for all.

Things are much more complex now. We set the bar really stupidly high in terms of improvements from pCARS1 to 2 and I think we hit about 95% of that bar. It won't be absolutely perfect in every area, nothing is, but I do in all humility feel it's the best racer ever shipped. We'll continue to patch and improve as our fans deserve of course. There are a few areas that I think are slightly less than as perfect as they could be. So yes, we'll keep hitting those for at least a year. Then we'll raise the bar again for the next one :)

Sometimes things have to be delayed to deliver them properly. This is the case of the Online championship and I share your opinion.
I confess that I did not fully understand your answer, sorry, I say that English is not my first language (this is surely seen in my sentences lol).
Thanks for your answer.

No. We have an insane amount of content though with more to come. We debated the mod thing for a long time and came to the conclusion that we wanted every video out there so shout quality. This isn't something we can do with mods unless we moderate them and that opens up a whole can of worms where we could insult people by setting the bar high.

I'm not ruling it out in the future but our main aim for now is to deliver so much content that you won't feel you're missing anything.

That's great to hear. There are some poor mods for Assetto Corsa but they quickly get downvoted and filtered by the community, meaning it's pretty pointless releasing them in the first place. A lot of the car and track mods are incredible though, right up there with the OEM stuff, and they've expanded the game content exponentially. pCARS 2 is already content-rich but I'd love for the modding community to be let loose on pCARS with no restrictions in place. The results could be spectacular.

That's great to hear. There are some poor mods for Assetto Corsa but they quickly get downvoted and filtered by the community, meaning it's pretty pointless releasing them in the first place. A lot of the car and track mods are incredible though, right up there with the OEM stuff, and they've expanded the game content exponentially. pCARS 2 is already content-rich but I'd love for the modding community to be let loose on pCARS with no restrictions in place. The results could be spectacular.

Our last analysis showed that 40% of the car mods were stolen from other games, including ours. This was one of the key reasons for us not overtly supporting mods.

Our last analysis showed that 40% of the car mods were stolen from other games, including ours. This was one of the key reasons for us not overtly supporting mods.
How about a system where mods are submitted for approval by SMS before being included in official updates? You'd then be able to stay in control of quality (and legality) and have a stream of content provided to you to expand and enhance the game with relatively little work from your end (compared to producing the content from scratch). Unofficial modding obviously circumvents licensing so legitimising it would open worm-cans in some instances, but for fantasy tracks, PP filters etc this wouldn't necessarily be an issue. And if the content is deserving, licensing could be sought from the IP owners prior to release. Maybe the modders then get added to the game credits by way of thanks..?

I'm looking forward to a plug-and-play fun experience, regarding both FFB and content areas.
The amount of fiddling I've been doing on PCars (FFB) and AC (more tracks, VR and better UI, on and off track) has distracted me so much from the driving and racing itself, to the point of being turned off. I've been very cautious about PCars2 all this time but now I'm getting slightly excited.

@IanBell, will the game be able to set the ideal graphic settings automatically according to the detected hardware?

And there's one question I've been thinking about for a long time. My gear shifter is on the left hand side of my rig. Would it be too much work to be able to choose between LHD and RHD for each manual-gear model (that has the option in real life)?

Would be keen to know if any Aussies on this forum are pre-ordering the game for PS4/xbone. If so, where did you pre-order from?
Pre-ordered the limited edition for Xbox One from eb games. Debated between limited or deluxe, went for the steelbook, then plan on buying Season Pass when its available to buy after release.

I'm looking forward to a plug-and-play fun experience, regarding both FFB and content areas.
The amount of fiddling I've been doing on PCars (FFB) and AC (more tracks, VR and better UI, on and off track) has distracted me so much from the driving and racing itself, to the point of being turned off. I've been very cautious about PCars2 all this time but now I'm getting slightly excited.

@IanBell, will the game be able to set the ideal graphic settings automatically according to the detected hardware?

And there's one question I've been thinking about for a long time. My gear shifter is on the left hand side of my rig. Would it be too much work to be able to choose between LHD and RHD for each manual-gear model (that has the option in real life)?
I asked that question in the rigs thread. Makes more sense to switch the shifter on your rig, than making LHD & RHD for each car model.

I asked that question in the rigs thread. Makes more sense to switch the shifter on your rig, than making LHD & RHD for each car model.

It's far too much of a pain to move it around.
SMS is based in Britain so the cars should be RHD anyway!! :D

I think this answers everything. You won't be able to use Ai in Online championship..

I really hope Project Cars 2 is as good as you say it is. I loved P Cars1, and if Assetto Corsa hadn't come along and stolen my racing buddies away, I'd probably still be playing it.

@IanBell another question regarding the DLC: will the new tracks be available to everyone, or only people who buy the DLC? If they're only available to people who purchased, that might fragment the online community. I know that's quite a significant problem in the Battlefield games - they also release about 4 DLC packs per year, and with each DLC pack it gets harder and harder for people to find games to join.

Also: can we please get some Mazdas? (MX-5, RX-7/8, and obviously the 787B!) :bowdown:

@IanBell

Regarding the team's passion towards this release, I think that is very evident in what we have seen already.

I STILL play GTR2 frequently, simply because it was so good. If the team has been able to achieve a similar leap with pCARS2, then we are all in for a serious treat. Just the thought of that is going to make these last 10 days even more unbearable :)

Congratulations to you and the team and I hope that it achieves the sales success the team deserves.

Now about those online driver swaps..... Sooner rather than later I hope..... :)

It's clear you and your team like bars ;) :cheers:

Again with all the (pre) info already shared both in written and video and the pro active attitude on this GTP forum and making us in some way part of the PCars2 journey is fantastic.

10 days, just 10 (long....) days! And yes like many others will do I also decided to "work" from home at 22 September. :D

We haven't finished online championships yet... That's a bit of an assumption. When we do, I fully expect you to be able to populate the grid with AI, as we already allow.

Following this great news, I just preorder Project cars 2. Thanks Ian and SMS

Been watching a ton of videos and I'm so glad you can now catch the cars when sliding (was annoying as heck in the original game).

My excitement for this game has been on a rise lately. Probably not a day one purchase but an eventual pick up no doubt. Can't wait for the reviews.

Latest Posts

Back