Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Anyone have an idea on how get tyres in temperature out for practice/qualy in any category in any car?

I always have super cold tyres impossibile to get them Green. While for the race it's all fine.

Many are reporting it's a bug.

Anyone have an idea on how get tyres in temperature out for practice/qualy in any category in any car?

I always have super cold tyres impossibile to get them Green. While for the race it's all fine.

I don't remember having this problem.
Which car are you talking about, which track and which ambient/track temp?

I think it's more of a feature? Your TR tells you the brakes and the tyres are cold on your outlap pretty frequently. I think in PC1 GT3 cars have hot tyres from the very beginning but GT1 and Group C cars don't, while in PC2 GT1, GTE, GT3 and Group C all start with cold tyres. Maybe that's related to the rules? Not quite sure about LMPs.

I don't remember having this problem.
Which car are you talking about, which track and which ambient/track temp?
It started with the last race off the Ginetta junior series. Now with every car or track doesn't work anymore. First round of Ginetta gt5: Green tyres in the box as i start the session (temp 80). Select drive to the track and tyres are blu (temp 20 degrees). I made 10 laps pushing as fast as i could and tyres only got 40 degrees, between blu and Green. First 4 rounds of Ginetta junior Championship sere fine and got pole at 80 IA always. Now i'm 5-6 seconds off.

What's the trick to driving the Clio Cup car at Brands Hatch? I can't keep the thing straight to save my life. I just barely tap the brakes into turn one and it just spins right out.

What's the trick to driving the Clio Cup car at Brands Hatch? I can't keep the thing straight to save my life. I just barely tap the brakes into turn one and it just spins right out.
Try to decrease the brake pressure and change the brake balance toward the front.
You can also increase the coast in the differential setup, if it's not already on max.
Last thing I think of would be to increase the rear slow rebound in dampers.

Edit: you can also try the engineer ;)

Edit2 : easier fix: brake with the wheels straight ^^

Use a bit of throttle to keep the car stable. Done the same thing with the Touring Cars and they're much more stable.

Edit2 : easier fix: brake with the wheels straight ^^

Use a bit of throttle to keep the car stable. Done the same thing with the Touring Cars and they're much more stable.

Pretty much these two. Haven't tried in PC2 yet, but in PC1 (and IRL) the snap oversteer on braking will kill you. Prevent by braking straight as much as possible. If you do get snap oversteer, use the throttle for the rescue (since it's FWD that will straighten out the car). Can't drive these little FWDs like an FR.

Also bear in mind that they're a top heavy wallowy pig to race in RL, so they're not going to be easy to drive in the game.

Question: I wanted to achieve the Winter Soldier and took it to the Practice, did a 6:30 in snow with the Audi r18, didn't get the medal ? What mode qualifies for the achievements? Does it need to be winter, covered in snow? Or is snowy weather enough?

I had a ball with them in PC1, but here..... It seems that it might come down to me being too impatient and thinking the rear tires are up to temperature in two laps, even though it's FWD. After about five laps or so it's starting to come to me. Thanks for the feedback though, I tried a few of the setting changes too, Seemed to help.

The rears on the FWD cars are a problem. Just look at TCR warmup laps ;)

Clio is no exception. put the brake bias rearwards help because brake heat is is more important than we usually think it is.

It started with the last race off the Ginetta junior series. Now with every car or track doesn't work anymore. First round of Ginetta gt5: Green tyres in the box as i start the session (temp 80). Select drive to the track and tyres are blu (temp 20 degrees). I made 10 laps pushing as fast as i could and tyres only got 40 degrees, between blu and Green. First 4 rounds of Ginetta junior Championship sere fine and got pole at 80 IA always. Now i'm 5-6 seconds off.

I reduced the air to minimum, 1.30 I think, and that helped to get them closer to 70 degrees on the hotter tracks.

I'm having the issue on other cars but the Ginettas were the most flagrant case.

I think it is something they should look into.

On the last race of the Jr championship is snowing and there is no way to keep up speed with the AI if you maintain the AI level from previous races.

The cold tire issues still happens on the Ginetta GT5 series, making it delicate to drive on the limit.

The rears on the FWD cars are a problem. Just look at TCR warmup laps ;)

Clio is no exception. put the brake bias rearwards help because brake heat is is more important than we usually think it is.

Is It normal that tyres are blu out of the box in qualy (Green once you are physically in the box) and Green in the grid for the race?

With Ginetta gt5 in oulton After 4 laps back-end is still blue. Front about to turn Green (not optimal).

I reduced the air to minimum, 1.30 I think, and that helped to get them closer to 70 degrees on the hotter tracks.

I'm having the issue on other cars but the Ginettas were the most flagrant case.

I think it is something they should look into.

On the last race of the Jr championship is snowing and there is no way to keep up speed with the AI if you maintain the AI level from previous races.

The cold tire issues still happens on the Ginetta GT5 series, making it delicate to drive on the limit.

Exactly! I start noticing the issue with the snowy One. Now with Ginetta gt5 is insane. I won the race starting last as they provide with Green tyres in the grid.

I had a ball with them in PC1, but here..... It seems that it might come down to me being too impatient and thinking the rear tires are up to temperature in two laps, even though it's FWD. After about five laps or so it's starting to come to me. Thanks for the feedback though, I tried a few of the setting changes too, Seemed to help.
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that they actually got mixed up a bit with the Clio in PC1 and based the physics of the car on the older version of the Clio cup car, which had a lower COG and was much more driver friendly, I may be misremembering though, apparently it happens at my age lol

I'm actually not sure they should be green for the race... But there are shades of green :)

I don't thin tyre warmers are allowed for TCR (dunno about the Ginettas). But team can let them in the sun over hot tarmac before putting them in the cars so, not totally cold BUT not at proper temps either.

Might worth an investigation. What does it say in the series rules (if it says something)? Better post in the public forums though.

I'm actually not sure they should be green for the race... But there are shades of green :)

I don't thin tyre warmers are allowed for TCR (dunno about the Ginettas). But team can let them in the sun over hot tarmac before putting them in the cars so, not totally cold BUT not at proper temps either.

Might worth an investigation. What does it say in the series rules (if it says something)? Better post in the public forums though.
You have the formation lap in reality to get temp in them, that's why you start of the grid with warmer tyres.

It's no different than it was in PC1

How realistic do you guys find the sound of the engines in PC2? So far I've tested the Enzo, Veneno and F50 GT. I thought the Enzo sounded pretty authentic but the Veneno didn't seem as 'angry' as it is in Forza or AC (Aventador SV) and the F50 GT sounds so tame in comparison to what I've heard on YouTube and other racing games. Doesn't have that ear shattering F1 transmission whine.
Otherwise, really enjoying the game :)

Is anyone else have serious issues with tyres and set up. I seem to HAVE to put the soft tyres on in practice and qualy just to be competitive but then they dont perform in the race and if im on hards i spin off on every corner (488 gt3). My AI driver and the other cars are always glued to the track.

Also the car settings are giving me a headache with constant changing and not saving etc!!

On the pit stop menu it keeps randomly changing the tyre pressures on the new set of tyres to way off what they are supposed to be at?!

My driving assists is on authentic. Maybe I need to change to that to a more stable setting?

Using a controller

HELP

Last edited:
So, maybe I'm missing something, but where is the preorder Japanese car pack?. It says 'installed' on the PS store, but I can't find any of the cars in-game. They're not under the manufacturers, and I can't find them under anything else. Help?

Im having the EXACT same issue and i can't get round it. Happening to me in Ferrari 488 GT3 though.....

Is anyone else have serious issues with tyres and set up. I seem to HAVE to put the soft tyres on in practice and qualy just to be competitive but then they dont perform in the race and if im on hards i spin off on every corner (488 gt3). My AI driver and the other cars are always glued to the track.

Also the car settings are giving me a headache with constant changing and not saving etc!!

On the pit stop menu it keeps randomly changing the tyre pressures on the new set of tyres to way off what they are supposed to be at?!

My driving assists is on authentic. Maybe I need to change to that to a more stable setting?

Using a controller

HELP
What AÍ level you are using? The AÍ on PC 2 is super fast and most people are between 60-80 with no setup or just few changes. When they say that the 120 AÍ is professional they really mean it.

EDIT: Also, some Stock setups really suck but since it is a gT3 I don't think that's the case.

Back