Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
We retained the services of Ben Collins as your Crew Chief. So he handles the strategy calls and "encouragement" lines. I'm strictly spotter, calling out the cars next to you. Works pretty well in play.

(NJ huh? I grew up pretty much between exits 8 and 10 in the 90's.)
Oh sweet. I sometimes wonder what a real time conversation with him as a Crew Chief would be like...

You: Ben, what's my gap to the leader?
Ben Collins: I don't answer to that name.
You: Fine. Stig, what's my gap to the leader?
Ben Collins: 1.2 seconds.
Lewis Hamilton Teammate: Not while I'm in the corners!
Ben Collins: Sorry wrong driver.

Maybe PCARS2 is an improvement on PCARS1 *wow* and such things are not backwards compatible

a highly illogical statement, since being able to properly use FFB in a racing game is an absolute requirement these days, not a "nice to have" or a "maybe next time". Sorry, I've forever closed shop on the idea of playing pCARS2 simply because they didn't deliver on desperately needed aspects of their first game.

AC it is...

a highly illogical statement, since being able to properly use FFB in a racing game is an absolute requirement these days, not a "nice to have" or a "maybe next time". Sorry, I've forever closed shop on the idea of playing pCARS2 simply because they didn't deliver on desperately needed aspects of their first game.

AC it is...

You can use it properly though, I have 3 sliders I adjust for general realism and the others I find are far too specific.

Master Scale for general strength of FFB, then SoP Scale and the Lateral Scale underneath it for the weight of the wheel. Adjusting those 3 gets you pretty far and if what has been said is true, then FFB adjustment will be easier with the OCD version still there behind menus.

This is a developer who's actually learning from their mistakes but because of their first game in the series you've written them off even though it did a lot of things pretty well.

Have fun with your forever in development public lobby DLC machine.

I have spent countless hours trying to get the FFB to feel good. Hardly even played the game, and have hundreds of hours... that's unacceptable in any game or genre.

I have spent countless hours trying to get the FFB to feel good. Hardly even played the game, and have hundreds of hours... that's unacceptable in any game or genre.

But we are talking hehre about pC2, not pC1. So what's your point? It was confirmed that FFB options are simplified and FFB is good out of the box.

Everyone who has any criticism is heater or troll, typical comment for Gran Turismo forum.

I wasn't talking directly about you. But there are tons of heat opinions that Project Cars is crap, and the fact is that it isn't. It has some flaws, but overall it is really great racing title, I think one of the best.

Opinion, that Project Cars need to redeem itself is highly exaggerated.

AC it is...
So you'd rather play a game that forces 20 cars on track, no weather/time changes, no career mode, no public lobbies on console and a boring game overall. The only thing i'd play AC for is the driving experience and I have but PC1 is an enjoyable game.

AC it is...

But Assetto Corsa is 🤬, Facts is facts, I've been playing racing games for the past 20+ years and I can tell you for free that pCars1 is a vastly more impressive game in almost every respect and I expect that pCars2 will only improve on what is already there, AC was a bigger disappointment than No Mans Sky and that's saying something.....

But Assetto Corsa is 🤬, Facts is facts, I've been playing racing games for the past 20+ years and I can tell you for free that pCars1 is a vastly more impressive game in almost every respect and I expect that pCars2 will only improve on what is already there, AC was a bigger disappointment than No Mans Sky and that's saying something.....
I own both pCARS and AC on PS4, and I agree with you that pCARS is a more complete racing game than AC on console. (Of course, this is personal opinion.) But it seems pointless to debate exXboxfan's personal preference.

Hi everyone, I found this on the official website and I don't know where this picture was taken. Maybe a new locations ?
feb-0022a_1_orig.png

I also found this other picture :
brands-feb-0091b_orig.png

With the url I think it's a picture of Brands Hatch in winter
Sorry for my bad english, I'm french man

Sunrise or Sunset?

Is it me that thinks that rose tint (sunrise/sunset reflection) is on the wrong side of the merc? With the way the sky is modelled behind the Merc it's suggesting that the sun is either rising or setting on the horizon behind the car, therefore there would be no possibility of having that highlight.

Or if the relection is correct then the sky modelled behind is wrong??

I can say with 99.9% certainty that snowy track photo isn't Brands Hatch, Lack of trees/Armco isn't as close to the track as it should be.

Is it me that thinks that rose tint (sunrise/sunset reflection) is on the wrong side of the merc? With the way the sky is modelled behind the Merc it's suggesting that the sun is either rising or setting on the horizon behind the car, therefore there would be no possibility of having that highlight.

Or if the relection is correct then the sky modelled behind is wrong??

i think this may happen way up north during winter. or am i wrong?

i think this may happen way up north during winter. or am i wrong?
I've been searching internet for pics that i could match to it, there probably is some simple explanation but with my UK eyes it just looks wrong, was hoping someone could prove me wrong.

Hello everybody,
I just noticed that there is no SPA Francorchamps in the list of circuits for Project CARS 2, is this normal ?
project-cars-2-track-list_1_orig.png

Back